PDA

View Full Version : Holieway gets his name on ESPN...unfortunately.

sooner59
6/28/2008, 01:34 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3464436

47straight
6/28/2008, 09:04 AM
<whorns> ZOMG Stoopsie is running teh out of control program!!1! </whorns>

Flagstaffsooner
6/28/2008, 09:25 AM
Funny thing is, the story broke yesterday and nobody has posted 'til now. JH has been in legal probs for over 20 years and we are bored with it.

olevetonahill
6/28/2008, 10:52 AM
Funny thing is, the story broke yesterday and nobody has posted 'til now. JH has been in legal probs for over 20 years and we are bored with it.

I still root for Him to get his act together tho .

fadada1
6/28/2008, 01:12 PM
I still root for Him to get his act together tho .

dude is 41 years old. don't hold your breath on him coming around by birthday #42.

the_ouskull
6/28/2008, 04:59 PM
He's a 41 year-old kid, and that's his biggest problem. Nobody's ever MADE him grow up, so he never has. He has the experience of an older man, but the mind of a child. (I'm not saying he's stupid. I'm saying he's immature. The evidence is out there for you to determine his relative intelligence level on your own...)

A handful of years back, I was hanging out with him at a wedding (yes, I've had the opportunity to hang out with him socially on a handful of occasions) and, while it seemed to be done primarily out of comedic intent, it was still a little disturbing on an underlying level.

We had been through the wedding, and then we had gone through the reception, and afterwards, we were still having (more than) a few, when his date, one of his babymammas, rolled into our room with one of his children in tow. Seeing this as an opportunity, he took diapers out of the travel bag, and started stuffing it with beers. He wasn't terribly discreet, but somehow, we were the only ones who noticed it, and, at the time, were just "happy" enough to laugh about the whole thing.

Now, I look back at it, and think, since this kid was 17-18 years old, no rules have ever really applied to him. Can you imagine what would have happened to him had he ever had access to NFL money for any significant amount of time?

I honestly don't think that he's ever going to "get it" either. I'm a bit "young" for my age too, but it's one thing to be 30, single, and childless, in a room full of your friends in their mid-late 20's, drinking beers, hitting the b*ng, and playing video games... it's another thing to be 40, single, with 6 kids and doing that on a regular basis.

...and Jamelle - You can't drive, you've never been able to drive, and you SURE can't park; so knock it off and take a cab, hitch a ride, call Matt, something...

the_ouskull

olevetonahill
6/28/2008, 05:07 PM
Im still gonna Hope he gets his **** together.

tulsaoilerfan
6/28/2008, 07:36 PM
Really why would ESPN even report this? Do they report all the ex college football stars that get into legal trouble? Just another example of their OU bias. :)

Animal Mother
7/2/2008, 01:47 PM
Read the replies to the story if you want some REAL laughs. Especially the guy that doesn't know JH isn't Charles Thompson and the Misery fan trash talking and making a general fool of himself. The guy is hitting the pipe.