PDA

View Full Version : Which Sooner Athelete would you least like to

SoonerinSouthlake
6/27/2008, 11:51 PM
get into a back alley brawl with?

Who is it that over the years you have heard is always "the baddest man in the room"

this isnt always the tallest/heaviest/strongest guy on the roster...sometimes ya know its just the guy with the toughest attitude or worst mean streak

These come to mind for me
Aubrey Beavers
Tommy Harris
Brent DeQuasie-only because he actually did pummel one of my buddies in college

goingoneight
6/28/2008, 12:12 AM
Dusty Dvoracek...

What? Too soon? Charles Thompson, then.

sooner518
6/28/2008, 12:14 AM
All I know is that when we lost to CU last year, I thought Demarcus Granger was going to kill someone walking back to the tunnel. He scared me

Curly Bill
6/28/2008, 12:16 AM
Dusty Dvoracek...

What? Too soon? Charles Thompson, then.

I'm thinking you were right the first time.

sooner59
6/28/2008, 12:20 AM
If not Dvorecek, then one of his teammates comes to mind. Dan Cody after he came back from his clinical depression days. He was the most intense guy on the field. Pretty sure if he snapped, someone was getting an ambulance ride.

the_ouskull
6/28/2008, 12:25 AM
Josh Huepel.

He's straight gangsta. Also, I bet he's got some hidden anger in there somewhere.

the_ouskull

Soonerus
6/28/2008, 12:29 AM
Granville Liggons....

Sooner-Magic
6/28/2008, 02:31 AM
Leroy Selman

JLEW1818
6/28/2008, 04:14 AM
BS ON ALL OF YOU GUYS. Teddy Lehman without a doubt. Have you seen the guys build??? yes... Have you seen him tackle ??? yes.. The dude is a freak of nature. He would literally tear my head of. Tommy Harris would not catch the above average person. Teddy would catch then go to work on you. Can somebody please give me a DECENT argument?

soonerhubs
6/28/2008, 08:19 AM
BS ON ALL OF YOU GUYS. Teddy Lehman without a doubt. Have you seen the guys build??? yes... Have you seen him tackle ??? yes.. The dude is a freak of nature. He would literally tear my head of. Tommy Harris would not catch the above average person. Teddy would catch then go to work on you. Can somebody please give me a DECENT argument?

The Lehman family including Teddy are actually quite laid back off the field. His brother took drivers ed with me. Funniest guy you'd ever meet.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/28/2008, 08:26 AM
The Lehman family including Teddy are actually quite laid back off the field. His brother took drivers ed with me. Funniest guy you'd ever meet.

OK...Im not sure Im on board with the Teddy Lehman argument...but I konw Im not sold on the fact that Teddy doesnt have a nasty mean streak just because you had a few laughs with his brother in drivers ed.

47straight
6/28/2008, 09:03 AM
Aubrey Beavers. yipe.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/28/2008, 09:44 AM
Aubrey Beavers. yipe.

Yipe -Agree with me
-or-
Yipe you think he is a cupcake

olevetonahill
6/28/2008, 10:51 AM
Id Hate to get into with any of our Players
Cause After I stomped datass we would be less one player:P

Harry Beanbag
6/28/2008, 11:14 AM
Beavers. I remember him coming out of pile with an opponents helmet in his hand.

Lott's Bandana
6/28/2008, 11:16 AM
Don't know a thing 'bout his personality, but Davin Joseph looked like a Transformer in his uni...

Prolly turn into a supersonic nuclear bomber and vaporize ya...'cept Olevet, of course.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/28/2008, 11:23 AM
Mike Grant, Wrestler. He would have been great at Guantánamo

Charla
6/28/2008, 11:25 AM
Maybe Teddy's great sense of humor would keep him laughing as he is ripping his head off.

King Crimson
6/28/2008, 11:34 AM
kevin murphy, reggie kinlaw, or rick bryan.

47straight
6/28/2008, 12:06 PM
Yipe -Agree with me
-or-
Yipe you think he is a cupcake

Yipe as in the sign Wile E. Coyote holds before the anvil drops on his head. Yipe as in I feared him just from his picture in the program. He did sign an autograph for me at the 93 Red-White scrimmage without removing any of my limbs, for which I am eternally grateful.

RedstickSooner
6/28/2008, 12:13 PM
Leroy Selman

I agree with Magic.

birddog
6/28/2008, 12:19 PM
matt clapp looks like he might rough up a player or six.

IronHorseSooner
6/28/2008, 12:59 PM
Football- Dusty Dvoracek
Basketball- Josef Szendrei

JLEW1818
6/28/2008, 02:15 PM
I bet stoops could kick somebody's but. Ask big brown.

SouthFortySooner
6/28/2008, 02:19 PM
back when i was gettn my degree at the "southforty", the football players would to a person walk around any of the wrastlers. nasty men!

SoonerinSouthlake
6/28/2008, 02:30 PM
back when i was gettn my degree at the "southforty", the football players would to a person walk around any of the wrastlers. nasty men!

Yeah, but that’s because they were afraid the cauliflower ear was contagious

Dan Thompson
6/28/2008, 03:47 PM
The freshman cheerleader, I can remember her name, but she couldn't beat a frog, but on second thought, if it was just the two of us...

Sooner_09
6/28/2008, 04:17 PM
Torrence Marshall

JLEW1818
6/28/2008, 05:05 PM
JJ looked kinda scary when he shaved his head.

JLEW1818
6/28/2008, 05:05 PM
Joe John looked scary when his head was shaved.

JLEW1818
6/28/2008, 05:06 PM

olevetonahill
6/28/2008, 05:08 PM

Triple post Much ? :P

AimForCenterMass
6/28/2008, 06:28 PM
On juice, I think The Boz would be pretty untouchable.

soonerfan28
6/28/2008, 07:59 PM
On juice, I think The Boz would be pretty untouchable.

I'm shocked it took this long for someone to bring up the Boz. The guy in the movie The Program reminds me of the Boz.

JLEW1818
6/28/2008, 08:32 PM
Sorry about the triple post my computer is messing up.

d.stOUgh
6/28/2008, 11:09 PM
get into a back alley brawl with?

Who is it that over the years you have heard is always "the baddest man in the room"

this isnt always the tallest/heaviest/strongest guy on the roster...sometimes ya know its just the guy with the toughest attitude or worst mean streak

Aubrey Beavers
Tommy Harris

Steve Williams, Mike Reilly, Johnny Lewis...

SoonerinSouthlake
6/28/2008, 11:47 PM
I'm shocked it took this long for someone to bring up the Boz. The guy in the movie The Program reminds me of the Boz.

Stone Freakin Cold baby!!!

I thought Boz would be one of the 1st brought up too. I guess the Bo Jackson thing kinda ruined is image all the way around

goingoneight
6/29/2008, 02:32 AM
Joe Jon looked scary when he shaved his head guys. :P

JLEW1818
6/29/2008, 03:16 AM
Joe Jon looked scary when he shaved his head guys. :P

I don't think its funny?

okieslp
6/29/2008, 08:46 AM
I agree with Magic.

I gotta go oldschool and give props to Magic and Redstick.

Leroy Selmon was a bad dude!!!!!

birddog
6/29/2008, 09:53 AM
nick harris is so tough you'd have to beat him off with both hands just to defend yourself!

Soonermagik
6/29/2008, 11:04 AM
This is an easy one: Jammal Brown.

Not only is he 6 foot 6 300 pounds; he can also fight.

bstuff1979
6/29/2008, 12:22 PM
http://static.newsok.biz/article/20080421/3232806/spart-HorsePigs_04-21-2008_9777N46.jpg

These guys, only because they scare the tar out of me.

stoopified
6/29/2008, 03:39 PM
Kelly Gregg,you know hat they say about the quiet types when they go OFF.Add to that his strength and wrasslin' bacground;I shudder to think of the damage he could do.

Soonermagik
6/29/2008, 04:22 PM
Kelly Gregg,you know hat they say about the quiet types when they go OFF.Add to that his strength and wrasslin' bacground;I shudder to think of the damage he could do.

I went to High School with him at Putnam City Original and I don't recall seeing anyone beat him in wrestling. I remember him setting records on the bench press too.

JLEW1818
6/29/2008, 05:20 PM
Coach BV. ?

Sooner_75
6/29/2008, 07:36 PM
Although he was before my time, I have heard stories about Jim Riley.

Curly Bill
6/29/2008, 08:32 PM
Coach BV. ?

I could whip him, I've got serious doubts that he could put a plan together on how to defend himself.

ba-dum crash!!! :D :D :D

My first shot at BV in several months. ;) :D

edit...damn, that felt good.

birddog
6/29/2008, 08:38 PM
Although he was before my time, I have heard stories about Jim Riley.

i dated his daughter until i met him. that's one physically intimidating dude.

PlanOUred
6/29/2008, 08:43 PM
Big Bill Watts or Danny Hodge....if they were mad.

soonerinabilene
6/29/2008, 09:12 PM
call me crazy, but an ebony ninja assassin would scare the sh*t out of me if I ran into him in an alley.

I bet Allen Patrick could whip some ***, too.

soonerfan28
6/29/2008, 10:34 PM
I believe Ryan Reynolds was a Judo national champ. I don't know if I would want to face that.

tommieharris91
6/29/2008, 11:42 PM
Blake Griffin. You could break both of his kneecaps and he would still find a way to roundhouse kick you. He's also like 6'10" and stupidly buff, so you could have ran off after you broke his legs and he still would kick your *** without chasing you.

JLEW1818
6/30/2008, 01:50 AM
AP could throw some prlly, and AD.

BudSooner
6/30/2008, 09:00 AM
Phil Loadholt.

soonermix
6/30/2008, 09:06 AM
any wrestler... those guys are freaking crazy

pweitkem
6/30/2008, 09:14 AM
Garrett Hartley

kbsooner21
6/30/2008, 09:15 AM
I went to High School with him at Putnam City Original and I don't recall seeing anyone beat him in wrestling. I remember him setting records on the bench press too.

This would be believable if you said you went to Edmond Memorial.

Just sayin :D

soonerfan28
6/30/2008, 09:27 AM
Leonce Crump. I think he played 1 year of football and was with the Saints for a little while. Mainly NFL Europe.

IowaSooner26
6/30/2008, 09:30 AM
Phil Loadholt.

Because he would get an early start? ;)

RedstickSooner
6/30/2008, 10:00 AM
Okay, from an objective standpoint, I suppose any of the wrestlers would be most effective -- just watch MMA. It's wrestling and submission that wins the fight a giant chunk of the time. (Which is lame -- wrestling is boring as heck to watch, for me.) So, while the wrestlers might be more dangerous objectively, I simply cannot vote for them. I'd really rather pretend there was no such sport ;)

I went with Selmon because he's physically the most dominating player we've ever had. However, its' hard to decide what would matter most when contemplating meeting someone in a dark alley -- sure physical ability doesn't mean much if there's no nasty streak tied in with it. Maybe Selmon wouldn't have that cruel streak to really punish another human being.

The Boz also comes up -- after all, he was a monster, physically, on the 'roids. Plus, wasn't he some black belt in a weird martial art? I remember them doing lots of fluff pieces on that aspect of him back in the '80s when he was The Greatest College LB Ever.

Jammal Brown *looks* like one of the scariest players, but think he got popped on a domestic abuse charge... So it feels weird to mention him. Same problem with Dusty. Guy had problems with violence, so I'd rather not throw his name around in this context. Both, though, could probably put a pretty good hurtin' on.

I think I'll still stick with Selmon. He didn't seem like a mean guy to me, but he had an intensity to rival anyone's -- and if he's jumping me in a back alley, you gotta figure he *wants* to send me to the hospital. Pretty sure if Lee Roy set his mind to anything physical, he'd accomplish it.

fadada1
6/30/2008, 05:08 PM
joe bowden. followed closely by joe bowden. joe bowden would be next.

met him once. nice guy off the field. not so nice on the field.

Sooner-Magic
6/30/2008, 05:28 PM
nick harris is so tough you'd have to beat him off with both hands just to defend yourself!

Man I'll tell you what I think I would just take the butt kicking before I could bring myself to do that :eek:

Dano7198
6/30/2008, 05:51 PM
100 percent without a doubt Quentin Griffin. Within that lil body beats the heart of a champion. Lock him in a room with these guys and they'd soon see what the Soviets saw in Afghanistan.... " we cannot defeat these people... all we can do is kill them "

Yup... Quentin Griffin.

Dano7198
6/30/2008, 05:53 PM
I could whip him, I've got serious doubts that he could put a plan together on how to defend himself.

ba-dum crash!!! :D :D :D

My first shot at BV in several months. ;) :D

edit...damn, that felt good.

Curly.... YOU... and I do mean YOU, are the man.

Kels
6/30/2008, 06:10 PM
Angelo Hamilton - Remember when he hit Ken Conley in the face with a chair in the lockeroom? Pure thug.

Aubrey Beavers - The dude was scary on the Adams-Walker mall basketball court.

Joe Don Looney - He was a nutjob, what else is there to say?

Scott Case - Voted "Dirtiest Player" in the NFL.

Honorable Mention:

Bernard Hall
Mike McKinley
Ontei Jones

Dano7198
6/30/2008, 06:21 PM
Football- Dusty Dvoracek
Basketball- Josef Szendrei

Lil bit of ups for OU Basketball here...
From the days of Billy Ball I present William Davis and Brian Sallier... two Baaaaddddd men.
And one last Baaad man from OU football lore....Dante Jones.

Dano7198
6/30/2008, 06:26 PM
Because he would get an early start? ;)

HA !!! Gotta love it !!! Green spec for that !!

SoonerinSouthlake
6/30/2008, 09:11 PM
Man I'll tell you what I think I would just take the butt kicking before I could bring myself to do that :eek:

Just couldnt resist could you ;)

SoonerinSouthlake
6/30/2008, 09:15 PM
Lil bit of ups for OU Basketball here...
From the days of Billy Ball I present William Davis and Brian Sallier... two Baaaaddddd men.
And one last Baaad man from OU football lore....Dante Jones.

One of the reasons I was quick to pick Aubrey Beav is that I was at party at a fraternity house on campus and witnessed The Beav slap Brian Sallier in the face and call him a "foo". It wasnt a slap like "Im a girl and I cant make a fist"...but more "between you and me there is a man and ho..can you guess which one you are"

I would also say Sallier was a baaaad man.....just didnt compare to the Beav

sooner94
6/30/2008, 09:58 PM
Anyone hear the story about the time Beavers got into it in the athletic dorm cafeteria with a 140 pound wrestler? I heard conflicting stories on who won.

UberSooner
7/1/2008, 01:58 PM
joe bowden. followed closely by joe bowden. joe bowden would be next.

met him once. nice guy off the field. not so nice on the field.

Knew him in school and he was a nice guy, took time out to come to the stands during practice to meet my then 10 year old nephew. Having said that, he always scared me. After Joe freakin T, Torrence Marshal. Don't know if he's been mentioned but somehow I don't think mercy is in his reportoire. (sp. Too lazy to check)

Jimminy Crimson
7/1/2008, 02:18 PM
This would be believable if you said you went to Edmond Memorial.

Just sayin :D

KG is an Edmond North grad, FWIW.

shaun4411
7/1/2008, 02:19 PM
i understand it isnt all about being the biggest or heaviest. but, i dont know about any of you, i sure as hell dont want to be punched in the face by shaquille o'neal

Animal Mother
7/1/2008, 03:58 PM
Id Hate to get into with any of our Players
Cause After I stomped datass we would be less one player:P

That's funny sh!t

kbsooner21
7/1/2008, 04:17 PM
KG is an Edmond North grad, FWIW.

I thought he graduated before the Memorial broke up. Either way, it's not PC :D

SoonerInKCMO
7/1/2008, 05:29 PM

Phlbhth... just make a cut back and he'd run by and miss you.

birddog
7/1/2008, 06:44 PM
my dad and i could take down duke robinson. it'd be a good old-fashioned father-son beat off.

sooner94
7/1/2008, 11:02 PM
my dad and i could take down duke robinson. it'd be a good old-fashioned father-son beat off.

huh huh huh ..... sorry, couldn't help it.

KingDavid
7/2/2008, 12:39 AM
Which Sooner athlete would least like to get into a back alley brawl with?

Aubrey Beavers
Tommy Harris

Hayes McEachern. Hands down.

OUmillenium
7/2/2008, 09:03 AM
Cowboy Bill Watts or Steve "Dr. Death" Williams in their prime

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/4/2008, 02:26 PM
He went to Edmond North I thought.

SoonerinSouthlake
7/4/2008, 04:02 PM
How do Wrestlers generally do in a bare knuckle, back alley brawl? Not a challenge to those who have mentioned wrestlers......legit question....IIve never seen a wrestler get into it when there are no rules

als12179
7/4/2008, 05:29 PM
Joe Don Looney - He was a nutjob, what else is there to say?

I'll second the nomination for Looney based on the totally crazy factor. My father-in-law played a few years after Looney. He said when he moved into the athletic dorm as a freshman there were bullet holes in the walls of his room. When he asked where the came from he was told that was Looney's old room and who knows what the hell happened in there. He said that Looney's legend was huge. His wikipedia page has some pretty funny anecdotes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Don_Looney

Also, Gregg definitely graduated from Edmond North. I vividly remember trying in vain to block him.

SoonerinSouthlake
7/4/2008, 08:09 PM
I'll second the nomination for Looney based on the totally crazy factor. My father-in-law played a few years after Looney. He said when he moved into the athletic dorm as a freshman there were bullet holes in the walls of his room. When he asked where the came from he was told that was Looney's old room and who knows what the hell happened in there. He said that Looney's legend was huge. His wikipedia page has some pretty funny anecdotes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Don_Looney

Also, Gregg definitely graduated from Edmond North. I vividly remember trying in vain to block him.

thought the bullet hole in the wall legend belonged to Buster Ryhmes

jthomasou78
7/5/2008, 07:02 AM
Id vote for Taravin Smith. Dude was big, mean and nasty.