PDA

View Full Version : You people with kiddoes still ta home...

Okla-homey
6/27/2008, 07:49 PM
treasure these days. They will be over in the blink of an eye.

Yes, I've had a few cocktails, and I'm missing my baby girl. No matter how aggervatin', irritatin' or otherwise frustratin' them babies be...it simply doesn't get any better. Love 'em hard. It'll be over before you know it.:(

That is all.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/27/2008, 08:02 PM
I couldn't agree more.

Come the end of my 24, I'm hurtin' in a bad way to see my girl. I can only imagine what it'll be like when the suitcases hit the trunk and she's gone from the nest.

It's gonna suck.

XingTheRubicon
6/27/2008, 08:17 PM
I always hear that and I believe you.

However, my 3 year old just sharpied a very old framed OU montage print before I could get the glass put in the frame. I was replacing the pitted glass and it was out for about 18 hours. You can't even see Bud's face. Barry looks like Franco Harris. This is the same little girl that decided to come into the world a few hours before the OU/USC title game.

But, even when I'm gone for just one day for work, I miss both my girls like crazy. I miss my wife too, but after even just one day away I almost get ill from missing my 6 and 3 year old.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder.

StoopTroup
6/28/2008, 10:29 AM
Homey...

Can I bring our two over to your house for a few hours tonight? :D

We want to feel what it's like to miss them. :D

olevetonahill
6/28/2008, 10:39 AM
Hey Stoops that would be a win win
you get to experience and empty House and Homey gets to RE experience the Rug Rat phase :D

StoopTroup
6/28/2008, 10:42 AM
I'm afraid they'll come home with McCain stickers all over them. ;) :D

olevetonahill
6/28/2008, 10:54 AM
I'm afraid they'll come home with McCain stickers all over them. ;) :D

What you dont want em to Improve ?
:P

StoopTroup
6/28/2008, 11:02 AM
I'd have to give them a bath and get that political stickum off em.

Then they'd start whining that it hurts....

The next thing I know they're 18 and liberal due to the abuse they suffered as children.

Then they'd want to become attorneys so they could help other kids who suffered those types of abuses...

And all of this would be Homey's fault. ;) :D

r5TPsooner
6/28/2008, 11:13 AM
I quit a job paying me 85k a year so that I could work at home and spend time with the kids w/o them spending one day in the daycare.

I have succeeded but I miss the extra 50k that I would be making but it is nice to be my own boss part time and a full time stay home dad. I work when I can, even though phone calls can be a bear sometimes.

StoopTroup
6/28/2008, 11:19 AM
3 more years and I'm gonna try to do the same thing.

My pension locks in at 50 and I can leave early.

birddog
6/28/2008, 12:08 PM
thanks, homey, i keep telling myself that. my son is now 15 months old and i sold my business to spend time with him. it's pretty cool to see him learn something every day. sure i miss the extra money but it allowed me to move away from colorado and back to okc where all of my family lives.

maybe we'll have another after he gets too big to cuddle. :P

Scott D
6/28/2008, 12:43 PM
I quit a job paying me 85k a year so that I could work at home and spend time with the kids w/o them spending one day in the daycare.

I have succeeded but I miss the extra 50k that I would be making but it is nice to be my own boss part time and a full time stay home dad. I work when I can, even though phone calls can be a bear sometimes.

Condescending Sooner would call you a woman...or a teacher ;)

SoonerStormchaser
6/28/2008, 01:39 PM
treasure these days. They will be over in the blink of an eye.

Yes, I've had a few cocktails, and I'm missing my baby girl. No matter how aggervatin', irritatin' or otherwise frustratin' them babies be...it simply doesn't get any better. Love 'em hard. It'll be over before you know it.:(

That is all.

Why do you think the wife wants another one?

olevetonahill
6/28/2008, 04:14 PM

Cause shes Old,senile and ****ing NUTS ?

Okla-homey
6/28/2008, 04:49 PM

I say this with utmost respect and sincerity. There are good reasons the Good Lord made wimmen less capable of bearing children at 40+. Frankly, 1) the odds of congenital problems with the child are dangerously high ("old eggs" or something?) and 2) the fact infants are just plain hard work best left to young wimmens. Those are collectively the best reasons to put a "closed" sign on a 40 year old uterus.

That doesn't mean people don't have kids at that age, and it doesn't mean people who do so are stupid. However, sometimes, it means people are nostalgic for what they remember as the joys of having a baby around while forgetting the above implications -- and that might be construed as being a tad selfish.

OU-HSV
6/28/2008, 05:26 PM
Sometimes we do wish they were a bit older...but we have to remind ourselves how time flies and not to wish it away.
But it's hard when you have an experience like I had last night.....
My 3+ year old son puked all over my in-laws rug last night, just before he and I started for our 40 minute drive home from their house.
I waited til he said he felt better, we loaded up and it was 10 minutes down the road that he started crying cause he knew he was about to have pukie round #2...I pulled over, he had a severe pukie round #2 on himself, his toy car, my car, his car seat...it sucked.
So I floored it and tried to get home quickly...and yet a round #3 hit him 20 minutes later. It was a horrible experience.
The wife was at home so my daddy duty was in full gear on the road, funny thing is that I never really worried about my car having the nasty stuff all over the floor...I was more concerned w/him cause he felt so awful for throwing up all over every thing. When we got home the wife took over (thank God cause I don't think my stomach would take another round of cleaning up the pukies).
Anyways, I could do without those kind of kid moments, but it all comes with the territory and it's well worth it.

olevetonahill
6/28/2008, 05:28 PM
Dont feed him any more Maters !
just sayin

OU-HSV
6/28/2008, 05:29 PM
Dont feed him any more Maters !
just sayin

Ha ha. Checked that and granny said no maters were eaten.
But my gosh, it had to be something he ate, cause today he has been perfectly normal...no sickness at all.

Chuck Bao
6/28/2008, 05:33 PM
I'm amused by Homey's logic that the Good Lord made wimmen (sic) less capable of bearing children at 40+ because of the higher odds of congenital problems, which apparently He has no control over.

If you believe in the Bible, the Good Lord did fulfill his promise to Abraham and Sarah and gave them a child.

Besides that, I'm also amused by the description of producing a child as a tad selfish. Yeah, that's what I think about other people and their offspring.

Harry Beanbag
6/28/2008, 05:43 PM
I can't believe our boy is already 4 months old. It really does go too fast, and we're just getting started.

olevetonahill
6/28/2008, 05:48 PM
I can't believe our boy is already 4 months old. It really does go too fast, and we're just getting started.

Befor Long you will be gettin him outta Jail :P

SoonerStormchaser
6/28/2008, 06:23 PM
I say this with utmost respect and sincerity. There are good reasons the Good Lord made wimmen less capable of bearing children at 40+. Frankly, 1) the odds of congenital problems with the child are dangerously high ("old eggs" or something?) and 2) the fact infants are just plain hard work best left to young wimmens. Those are collectively the best reasons to put a "closed" sign on a 40 year old uterus.

That doesn't mean people don't have kids at that age, and it doesn't mean people who do so are stupid. However, sometimes, it means people are nostalgic for what they remember as the joys of having a baby around while forgetting the above implications -- and that might be construed as being a tad selfish.

I say this with the utmost respect and sincerity. ;)

WE ALREADY THOUGHT OF THAT!
Already discussed ad nauseum...we're gonna keep trying til she says enough. If it doesn't happen, so be it. If it does, praise the Lord and pass the cleanup rags! She knows I married her for her and nothing else. We both want children (she wants more, and not solely cause hers from marriage #1 are all gettin order), but we know that the odds are greatly stacked against us at this point. Hell she just turned 46 yesterday, not exactly the prime age for us to continue. But as long as she's still kicking eggs out, and still wants to try, we're trying.

Scott D
6/28/2008, 06:24 PM

before or after he's bailing glow in the dark daddy out of jail? :)

olevetonahill
6/28/2008, 06:25 PM
I wish Yall the Best.

olevetonahill
6/28/2008, 06:26 PM
before or after he's bailing glow in the dark daddy out of jail? :)

My youngest son had to do that :O

Okla-homey
6/28/2008, 06:55 PM
:D

I'm amused by Homey's logic that the Good Lord made wimmen (sic) less capable of bearing children at 40+ because of the higher odds of congenital problems, which apparently He has no control over.

One of the Lord's greatest gifts to us was free will. Let's just say that age-induced infertility is like a guard rail on the interstate of life.

If you believe in the Bible, the Good Lord did fulfill his promise to Abraham and Sarah and gave them a child.

Abraham was a big wheel. Sarah had servants aplenty to raise that child.

Besides that, I'm also amused by the description of producing a child as a tad selfish. Yeah, that's what I think about other people and their offspring.

Hardly selfish among the young. Only possibly selfish among those who are past the point in life they have any real business having kids.

Harry Beanbag
6/28/2008, 07:05 PM

Is he gonna be runnin' shine for you? As long as I get a cut, fine with me. :texan:

olevetonahill
6/28/2008, 07:07 PM
Is he gonna be runnin' shine for you? As long as I get a cut, fine with me. :texan:

Im sure we can work something out :D

Chuck Bao
6/28/2008, 08:08 PM
I assume that your heart is in the right place there, Homey, but I can never agree with your last several posts, particularly as you started the thread about your beloved blonde daughter.

I see nothing wrong with a woman choosing a career first and then marrying later and having a child in her 40s.

I see nothing wrong with older parents that are wiser and more financially secure.

I see nothing wrong that my SIL produced a son when she was in her mid 40s, the first male born in my family (actually going back 5 generations) since me.

While you are right in saying cherish them, I can't agree that you are right in saying that there is a definite age limit and anyone over that arbitrary limit is selfish.

And, I think I'm a big wheel too, although I'm not named Abraham. ;)

olevetonahill
6/28/2008, 08:15 PM
Chuck I think what Homey Is sayin
Is the Fact that a Mid 40s woman who throws a Pup has a Very large Chance of delivering a Very unhealty one
just sayin
Why I said I wish em luck

Okla-homey
6/28/2008, 08:21 PM
:confused:

I assume that your heart is in the right place there, Homey, but I can never agree with your last several posts, particularly as you started the thread about your beloved blonde daughter.

I see nothing wrong with a woman choosing a career first and then marrying later and having a child in her 40s.

I see nothing wrong with older parents that are wiser and more financially secure.

I see nothing wrong that my SIL produced a son when she was in her mid 40s, the first male born in my family (actually going back 5 generations) since me.

While you are right in saying cherish them, I can't agree that you are right in saying that there is a definite age limit and anyone over that arbitrary limit is selfish. I didn't say it was necessarily selfish. I said sometimes, the desire for a baby at that age is motivated by selfishness.

And, I think I'm a big wheel too, although I'm not named Abraham. ;)

Chuck Bao
6/28/2008, 08:29 PM
Chuck I think what Homey Is sayin
Is the Fact that a Mid 40s woman who throws a Pup has a Very large Chance of delivering a Very unhealty one
just sayin
Why I said I wish em luck

Yeah, but shouldn't their OBGYN (whatever that acronym is ) be the one to tell them? How can someone say to cherish your babies and then later on say that a woman having babies at a later age is selfish? That smacks of being judgmental and a hypocrite in the least, agist and sexist at the most.

I can't believe that I was pulled into this argument. I don't even have a dog in this fight because I'm not going to have kids.

But, I'm really proud of my nephew and he is going to play for the Sooners in about 15 years.

olevetonahill
6/28/2008, 08:36 PM
Like I said I wish em the Best
Cause Its a toss up at this stage Of Carolyns life .
Man No smilie works here .

SoonerInKCMO
6/28/2008, 08:37 PM

He's a lawyer now; he ain't gotta be logical.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/28/2008, 10:42 PM
I'm a man.

I'm 33.

OU-HSV
6/28/2008, 10:44 PM

Free samples and $$

stoopified
6/28/2008, 10:46 PM
Homey...

Can I bring our two over to your house for a few hours tonight? :D

We want to feel what it's like to miss them. :D

Ditto.The young(Jason age 1)and the restless ( Ryan age 4) are driving me crazy.I don't want to lose them because I love them SOO much BUT I am willing to put them up for 24-48 hour adoption. :)

SoonerStormchaser
6/28/2008, 11:04 PM
Ok guys...enough of the debate.

GottaHavePride
6/28/2008, 11:35 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p77/versionnotvirgin/CanItBeHugsTiemz.jpg

Viking Kitten
6/29/2008, 10:58 AM
That's also the "you eated my cookie?" kitty.:D

Thanks for the reminder about treausuring the time with the kiddos while they're little, Homey. I woke up this morning a little squished; during the night both kids got in the bed with me at some point. I had a kid on each side, a Boston Terrier on my feet and Chihuahua around my neck. First thing I thought of was someday these kids are going to be in college and I'm going to wake up wishing I had these kids to snuggle with again.