PDA

View Full Version : My gas free vacation

Sooner24
6/27/2008, 11:23 AM
Wife and I left Sunday evening taking the Amtrak to OKC and stayed at the downtown Courtyard. Walked over to the Sonic after checking in and had a late dinner.

Got up Monday morning and walked down to Bricktown where we rode the boats on the canal. Then walked over to the ballpark and picked up tickets for the game Tuesday night. It was over to Spaghetti Warehouse for lunch. After lunch we headed over to Bass Pro Shop and did a little shopping in some of the Bricktown shops. Stopped at Marble Slab before heading back to the hotel. That evening we walked over to Toby Keith’s for dinner around 6:00 and the place was packed. After dinner we rode the canal boats after dark when it was cooler and a completely different atmosphere. The bronze sculptures of the land run are awesome and will be breathtaking after it is totally completed. If you want to see the bronze statues ride the boats in the daylight hours, as they are not lighted, or park just south of Bass Pro and walk right up where they are.

Tuesday slept in then went down and caught the trolley over to the Oklahoma City Museum of Art to see the Roman Art from the Louvre. We spent over two hours at the museum and I still didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted. I hope to get back up there before it ends in October. We ate a late lunch downtown than walked back over to the hotel before going back to Bricktown that evening to the Redhawks game. After the game we walked over to the Sonic to get something to drink and then headed back to the hotel.

Got up Wednesday morning and headed over to the train station around 8:00. There were 75-80 people waiting to board the train and they started boarding just almost as soon as we arrived. Train ride was very scenic passing around the Wa****a River. Train arrived back in Ardmore thus ending our gas free vacation.

frankensooner
6/27/2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks for coming to the place that is much better than Tulsa! You are welcome anytime! ;)

King Crimson
6/27/2008, 11:36 AM
the train ride b/ween OKC/Norman to Ardmore is pretty nice, i agree.

Sooner24
6/27/2008, 11:39 AM
the train ride b/ween OKC/Norman to Ardmore is pretty nice, i agree.

It's a lot more scenic than Ardmore to Ft Worth.

King Crimson
6/27/2008, 11:40 AM
It's a lot more scenic than Ardmore to Ft Worth.

i was going to say the same thing. i take the Heartland Flyer to visit my sister in Dallas now and again and once you cross the line into Texas, it's pretty bleak.

those old stations in Pauls Valley etc. are pretty cool.

Newbomb Turk
6/27/2008, 11:43 AM
Wa****a.

i guess you could type Washeeta.

Sooner24
6/27/2008, 11:46 AM
Wa****a.

i guess you could type Washeeta.

I hadn't even noticed that.

frankensooner
6/27/2008, 11:47 AM
I'm also glad to see you didn't eat at Stumpy's ;)

OKLA21FAN
6/27/2008, 12:06 PM
Wife and I left Sunday ..............

...................... heading back to the hotel.

go on :pop:

frankensooner
6/27/2008, 12:45 PM
Gas Free? No Mexican food this trip?

olevetonahill
6/27/2008, 04:23 PM
NO BEER ? wasn't much of a Vacation then was it .;)

Rogue
6/27/2008, 04:40 PM
Nicely done!

Sooner_Havok
6/27/2008, 04:43 PM
No Coney Island?

GrapevineSooner
6/27/2008, 04:55 PM
W-A-*******-A ;)