PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State @ USC who you got?

Soonermagik
6/27/2008, 08:27 AM
This is a really early game, and USC doesn't have any real experience at QB.

However, the condoms play pretty good at their house. Plus, we may actually want USC to win, because if TOSU wins they probably wouldn't drop another game vaulting them back into the title game. Whereas, SC has some tough road games with an inexperienced QB.

Still though, it would be nice to see the look on Pete's face if they got beat at home. Only if they could both lose. ;)

bstuff1979
6/27/2008, 08:28 AM
Who do I have winning? SUC. Who am I pulling for? Act of God/Natural Disaster

soonerfan28
6/27/2008, 08:32 AM
USC by 10.

pergdaddy
6/27/2008, 08:32 AM
Come on now. Oklahoma and Ohio State have something in common. HC is from Ohio, ESPN loves to throw them under the bus for losing multiple BCS games in a row.

BUckeye born and raised. Go Bucks. Beat all of Petey's #1's.

Seriously though, how's OU looking for this year? I always liked Stoops, OU never bothered me with their success. I don't mind when you guys win. Unlike, however, Notre Dame, USC, WVU, the SEC.

Later.

bstuff1979
6/27/2008, 08:43 AM
Come on now. Oklahoma and Ohio State have something in common. HC is from Ohio, ESPN loves to throw them under the bus for losing multiple BCS games in a row.

BUckeye born and raised. Go Bucks. Beat all of Petey's #1's.

Seriously though, how's OU looking for this year? I always liked Stoops, OU never bothered me with their success. I don't mind when you guys win. Unlike, however, Notre Dame, USC, WVU, the SEC.

Later.

Honestly, my beef is more with the stereotypical tosu fan rather than Columbus, the university, that state, or the team itself. I spent four years in central Ohio and I got a half ton of 'Bucks propaganda that peaked with the statement, " 'we' would have beaten up you guys (Oklahoma) by at least ten...FSU sucked and you know it", in 2000/2001. The Clarette apologists didn't help much either. In all honesty, on paper tOsu wins this game. That being said, OU also was the better team on paper in that bowl game that I refuse to remember. I'm not going to pick the 'Bucks in a non-conf. game against a top tier BCS opponent until their D proves itself adequate. Until then, SUC by 24 (10 or so garbage points in the 4th q, so really suc by 2 td's)

Blitzkrieg
6/27/2008, 08:53 AM
Tough call, USC defense looks good, real good right now. I might have a different opinion after that game.

pergdaddy
6/27/2008, 08:58 AM
Beef,
Honestly, I understand. There are some bucks fans that make me mad too. All teams have them, though.

I'm not a Clarett apologist. He got what he deserved. I will say he had alot of people around him trying to ride his fame and I think he was/is EXTREMELY immature. Even when he got out of jail, Tressel tried to help him find work/job and get tryouts with other leagues. Clarett has even apologized for everything that has gone on. He's still a turd though for it even happening. You know things are bad when Jim Brown doesn't want anything to do with you.

I don't ever remember saying anything about Oklahoma. I don't even remember that. I'm happy with where our program is and where it's heading. No need to bring other teams down.

I understand your point about proving something. It's definitely put up or shut up time. I believe that's why Tressel is trying to get recruiting out of the way. 23 verbals right now. three to go.

The recruiting philosophy/strategy is changing in Columbus. They used to eat up Ohio recruits and other midwestern states. Liked to go with the traditional big ten type players, the 3 yards and a cloud of dust type of athletes. Over the last 2 1/2 years though, they've really hit at Florida, Texas and other southern states. And they've been taking alot of recruits out of Pennsylvania. Seems they're taking alot of DB's and faster athletes, then coaching/molding them into certain positions. Team speed is getting better.

Instead of bringing in guys and having Butch Reynolds teach them how to be fast, they're bringing in fast guys and teaching them how to play football.

Did I make sense or did I ramble too much? Sorry if I'm rambling through the keyboard.

Soonermagik
6/27/2008, 09:19 AM
Beef,
Honestly, I understand. There are some bucks fans that make me mad too. All teams have them, though.

I'm not a Clarett apologist. He got what he deserved. I will say he had alot of people around him trying to ride his fame and I think he was/is EXTREMELY immature. Even when he got out of jail, Tressel tried to help him find work/job and get tryouts with other leagues. Clarett has even apologized for everything that has gone on. He's still a turd though for it even happening. You know things are bad when Jim Brown doesn't want anything to do with you.

I don't ever remember saying anything about Oklahoma. I don't even remember that. I'm happy with where our program is and where it's heading. No need to bring other teams down.

I understand your point about proving something. It's definitely put up or shut up time. I believe that's why Tressel is trying to get recruiting out of the way. 23 verbals right now. three to go.

The recruiting philosophy/strategy is changing in Columbus. They used to eat up Ohio recruits and other midwestern states. Liked to go with the traditional big ten type players, the 3 yards and a cloud of dust type of athletes. Over the last 2 1/2 years though, they've really hit at Florida, Texas and other southern states. And they've been taking alot of recruits out of Pennsylvania. Seems they're taking alot of DB's and faster athletes, then coaching/molding them into certain positions. Team speed is getting better.

Instead of bringing in guys and having Butch Reynolds teach them how to be fast, they're bringing in fast guys and teaching them how to play football.

Did I make sense or did I ramble too much? Sorry if I'm rambling through the keyboard.

No, it made sense. I just think Ohio State is in the same position we are in. We are always ranked high, but seem to blow the big games. Tressel could keep some heat off of himself for a while if they could beat SC. Personally, after that beating we took from SC in the Orange bowl I have been wanting to see their downfall for a long time. I'm sick and tired of hearing how great SC is.

What I really like about this match-up is it could be a make or break game for either team really early in the season. You have to love a game where everything is on the line so early on.

IMO, if TOSU can maintain momentum they will win, but if they get down by 14 points at half it could turn into a beating.

I say SC by 13.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/27/2008, 09:29 AM
It's gonna be a tough game be I think USC will pull away sometime in the second half. Petey won't let them lose a home game.

pergdaddy
6/27/2008, 09:30 AM
same here. I'm tired of hearing how USC is so great. I know they are a very good football team.

I agree. If we get down it could be a long day. But if we keep it close, I like our chances. I do see alot of Beanie Wells handoffs that day. I don't think Tress will open it up.

Yes, we need a win over a big BCS school to get people off of their backs to get some wiggle room with all of the critics.

Just have had some bad sequences. Both Florida and LSU were ready and it was their times. OSU had a young defense against Florida and a young offense againts LSU. That being said though, the coaching was less than spectacular those two games as was the personal fouls last year.

Oh well, good luck Sooners this year. Maybe it will be OSU vs. OU for all the marbles.

soonermix
6/27/2008, 09:38 AM
please feel free to correct me if i am wrong.
both teams have good defenses ready to go
but the buckeyes have a returning qb and a heisman candidate (as some will say) with wells. so saying that i will have osu in a close one because the inexperienced qb sanchez will make 1 too many mistakes
this game is early and will be riddled with mistakes so it won't be an offensive juggernaut at all i got osu 23 suc 20

Sooner_09
6/27/2008, 09:39 AM
Buckeyes will keep it interesting for a while, but SUC wins by 2 TDs.

Vegas Sooner
6/27/2008, 09:43 AM
I haven't figured this one out yet. I'll probably just pick opposite Barry Trammel.

soonervegas
6/27/2008, 09:49 AM
SC at Home, but The Buckeyes still crawl back into the NC game somehow against us. Then it will be "winner takes it all loser takes the fall....."

RedstickSooner
6/27/2008, 10:00 AM
Who do I have winning? SUC. Who am I pulling for? Act of God/Natural Disaster

Ditto.

C'mon, earthquake!

soonerfan28
6/27/2008, 10:08 AM
USC won't have to have great QB play. They have a bunch of good RB's and the WR's are good, but just haven't lived up to the hype. As much as I hate USC, OSU isn't go in there and win. USC still has a lot of talent and yes so does OSU, but USC will win. Carroll knows how to win big games. He just can't seem to get it done against mediocre teams. He may beat those lesser teams but it seems like it's always closer then it should be.

JLEW1818
6/27/2008, 01:16 PM
USC by 10.

Nice, usc 31 tosu 20

Heard R. Bush and mayo are doing the coin toss before the game (its a gold coin they got from school).

nativesooner
6/27/2008, 06:17 PM
I'll take So Cal and the refs for $1! If the real OSU wins there and they make it out of Camp Randall alive, they'll be in the national championship yet again.

goingoneight
6/27/2008, 07:32 PM
Reise FTW!

I'll be watching unless the OU game is on...

SapulpaSooner
6/27/2008, 08:59 PM
USC 38 TOSU 37

Jdog
6/27/2008, 09:10 PM
This is a really early game, and USC doesn't have any real experience at QB.

However, the condoms play pretty good at their house. Plus, we may actually want USC to win, because if TOSU wins they probably wouldn't drop another game vaulting them back into the title game. Whereas, SC has some tough road games with an inexperienced QB.

Still though, it would be nice to see the look on Pete's face if they got beat at home. Only if they could both lose. ;)

At the beginning of the season - TOSU
In the Rose bowl USC
reminds me of 75 TOSU and UCLA - They played first game of season and last game. now if only the same thing can happen and we beat Michigan in the Orange bowl II

Curly Bill
6/27/2008, 09:14 PM
SUC by 18

28-10.

soonerfan28
6/27/2008, 09:16 PM
I still say USC by 10 and if it was at OSU I would go with them. Probably a little closer, but I think homefield advantage is big at the Coliseum.

allentxsooner
6/28/2008, 09:53 AM
I think the condoms win because it is at there place, but I am also pulling for the natural disaster.....

SoonerStormchaser
6/28/2008, 10:00 AM
I'm personally praying for armageddon to descend upon the Colosseum and swallow both teams and their piece of **** fans. But, as I hate Ohio State more than I hate Texass (and I really hate SUCC too), I guess I'll hope for SUCC to win 2-0

IronHorseSooner
6/28/2008, 12:30 PM
Petey won't let them lose a home game.

Somebody forgot to tell Stanford that!

TDArkansasOhMy
6/28/2008, 01:54 PM
Southern Cal will make The Ohio State their Bytches

JLEW1818
6/28/2008, 02:11 PM
Somebody forgot to tell Stanford that!

Nice

KantoSooner
6/28/2008, 03:13 PM
Remember the movie 'Dune'?

Remember the scene where the Baron Harkonnen pulls the heart plug out of his boy toy and revels in the blood shower?

Ohio State is that boy toy.

USC is the evil Baron.

USC by 3-5 touchdowns and it won't really be that close.

Dan Thompson
6/28/2008, 03:42 PM
I hate USC but at home they should win by 10

illinisooner
6/28/2008, 04:09 PM
Since it's in LA, I'm going with USC. If it was in the Shoe, I'd go with OSU. Should be a fantastic game either way, might as well just enjoy it, regardless of how much you dislike both teams.

RiddlerOK
6/28/2008, 04:14 PM
I feel Ohio State is slightly ahead of USC right now in overall game experience especially at the QB position. I like the way Sanchez has played up to this point but he hasn't set the world on fire with his conservative playmaking while entrenched behind Booty. I believe Ohio State's only chance in this game is to establish the running game early with Wells and control the clock. If they can do it, that will be the difference and they will win the game. I actually like their chances against USC as I believe the Trojans to be suspect in the passing game and in special teams play. If USC's defense is as good as advertised, we could end up having either a very low scoring game or a game filled with a few outrageously big plays, especially in the area of special teams. I'll say 23-20 Ohio State at this time. If there are any injuries, suspensions, etc. before game day I may revise my outlook.

JLEW1818
6/28/2008, 05:08 PM
Any predictions for the over/under and spread ? Pretty sure I will throw down some on this one.

bstuff1979
6/28/2008, 06:16 PM
Any predictions for the over/under and spread ? Pretty sure I will throw down some on this one.

SUC by 2.5 would be my guess. Over under should be around 36 or 37.

KingBarry
7/2/2008, 08:59 AM
Hey, guys, thanks for a really great thread. A lot of well-informed and well-thought out posts.

That said, I always liked Ohio State, and always loved Woody.

Those of you that said if tOSU doesn't lose in LA, they are likely to go all the way and be in the BCS Championship are right, but I think they'd be a great match up against OU and I love to play them for number 8.

So my heart is very much in favor of the Bucks.

However, I think they get pounded by at least 10 pts.

Hope I am wrong, though.

OUmillenium
7/2/2008, 09:10 AM
SC at Home, but The Buckeyes still crawl back into the NC game somehow against us. Then it will be "winner takes it all loser takes the fall....."

I would prefer an undefeated Buckeye-Sooner champ game and we win 7-3. A battle of head coaches afraid to open up the playbook.