PDA

View Full Version : David Sims having trouble getting to OU.

soonerfan28
6/26/2008, 05:53 PM
I just read on oufans.com that Sims is having trouble qualifying, but I couldn't read it all because I don't have a membership. Anybody know anything about this? Is he going to be here in the fall or will he be another Chris Patterson? Any info would be nice.

Rhino
6/27/2008, 11:49 AM
The last word I heard was that he'd be here in just over a week.

Had to take an intersession class to get his credits up to transfer in.

BillyBall
6/27/2008, 11:53 AM
I had heard that he won't be here until August, couldn't finish his class early so it got pushed back.

soonerfan28
6/27/2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks. I think he could be a big help on returns. I know that Iglesias and Murray were great, but if Sims isn't going to start then he could at least help on returns. Anybody think he could play nickel? As long as he's here in August that's great.

Salt City Sooner
6/27/2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks. I think he could be a big help on returns. I know that Iglesias and Murray were great, but if Sims isn't going to start then he could at least help on returns. Anybody think he could play nickel? As long as he's here in August that's great.
Depends on how quickly he picks up the system, & that's no picnic. Remember, that inability was a primary factor in Allen Patrick switching to running back.

Jdog
6/27/2008, 09:32 PM
I just read on oufans.com that Sims is having trouble qualifying, but I couldn't read it all because I don't have a membership. Anybody know anything about this? Is he going to be here in the fall or will he be another Chris Patterson? Any info would be nice.

He had entered a fishing tourney and was having a hard time qualifying on the first day. I think though that he and his partner Robert Earl Keen caught a 5 LB bass, so they made it to the next round. No worries.

IronHorseSooner
6/28/2008, 12:13 PM
I agree with him on returns. Having him and DM back there will "possibly" give OU the fastest set of return men in the country with two sub 4.4 guys back there.

JLEW1818
6/28/2008, 02:17 PM
Sims + Franks = scary scary for big brown and his stepson

BillyBall
6/28/2008, 06:41 PM
Sims + Franks = scary scary for big brown and his stepson

Yeah, your obsession is kinda weird...

soonerfan28
7/8/2008, 08:07 AM
Venables said that Sims has the talent, but will bew behind in summer workouts because he's not here yet and probably won't be until Augiust.

Link. http://newsok.com/ou-football-notes/article/3266769/?tm=1215404587

Rhino
7/8/2008, 11:49 AM
Turns out it's not an intersession class, but a summer class. He thought he could finish the class early, but that isn't being allowed.

Unless he can pick up things really quick, looks like he's slated for special teams his first year.

EstablishedSooner1967
7/8/2008, 11:53 AM
nothing is wrong he just has to finish a class... and will not end until close to Aug and teacher would not let him finish early... so will see him in Aug.

tulsaoilerfan
7/8/2008, 12:05 PM
can't they just fax him the playbook to study? :)

soonerfan28
7/9/2008, 10:08 PM
I could see him as a PR and KR even if he shows up late. The dude is a freak with that speed and why get a starter hurt.

goingoneight
7/9/2008, 10:12 PM
Maybe because it's football and the starters want to play? Just sayin'...