PDA

View Full Version : ncaa 09

shaun4411
6/26/2008, 04:30 PM
anyone as excited as me?

http://www.operationsports.com/images/u/media/1211574665-media.jpeg

i think it'd be a really nice slap in the face to the ncaa if the game makers had a playoff for its post-season instead of the current bcs system. im sure there are some contractual things involved in that, but it would just be cool.

shaun4411
6/26/2008, 04:32 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/images/u/media/1211574656-media.jpeg

soonermix
6/26/2008, 04:35 PM
who's on the cover this year?

badger
6/26/2008, 04:36 PM
who's on the cover this year?

Link (http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/NCAA09_360MattRyancover2.jpg)

tommieharris91
6/26/2008, 04:41 PM
That's not Boone Pickens Stadium. There isn't enough red in the stands.

shaun4411
6/26/2008, 04:41 PM
talk about the most unpopular cover of all time

TopDawg
6/26/2008, 04:49 PM
I don't know if I'm as excited as you, but I'm looking forward to it.

Pricetag
6/26/2008, 04:52 PM
Yeah, this would have been a great year for another "great player of the past" cover like they had with Desmond Howard for NCAA 2006.

I don't have a PS3 yet, so I'm not terribly fired up this year. I don't know if I'll even pick it up for PS2 or not. To tell the truth, I'm more fired up about Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff for Nintendo DS.

shaun4411
6/26/2008, 04:54 PM
ya, tecmo bowl is cool.

ill have it on ps3. i modded my ps2 so i can just have all my games on a hd and it play it off that. i have a friend who will buy the game, and ill just copy it. works out well for me!

soonerinabilene
6/26/2008, 04:57 PM
I downloaded a demo from xbox live last weekend. You can play a full game, but only as LSU vs OSU. Aside from having to use two suckass teams, I thought it was great. Gameplay is definitely much improved over last years game.

NormanPride
6/26/2008, 05:11 PM
Get it for the Wii and waggle to pump up the crowd!

dolemitesooner
6/26/2008, 05:20 PM
I of course will get it at midnight, and I will be a slave to the game.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/27/2008, 12:55 AM
Yeah, this would have been a great year for another "great player of the past" cover like they had with Desmond Howard for NCAA 2006.

I don't have a PS3 yet, so I'm not terribly fired up this year. I don't know if I'll even pick it up for PS2 or not. To tell the truth, I'm more fired up about Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff for Nintendo DS.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've also got a PS2 but thinking about getting a PS3. However, I don't know if I want to spring for one just yet; I might prefer to wait and get it in the spring when MLB: The Show '09 comes out and just buy NCAA on PS2 for one more year.

silverwheels
6/27/2008, 01:10 AM
My interest level in this game has gone down each year since 05.

Mixer!
6/27/2008, 09:27 AM
Agreed, it looks more like Holder's wet dream.

Boone obviously has the EA programmers on his payroll. http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/8338/pickens2pk7xj4.gif

shaun4411
6/27/2008, 12:20 PM
i wish EA sports would make another MLB baseball game instead of the college stuff. EA makes the best sports games.

OUDoc
6/27/2008, 12:25 PM
Too much room on the sideline in that graphic of Boone's field. The walls should be about 6 inches inside the boundaries. ;)

Salt City Sooner
6/27/2008, 01:25 PM
My interest level in this game has gone down each year since 05.
Worst edition ever put out as far as I'm concerned. If I didn't have 15 dropped passes in a game that year, it was a good day.

Scott D
6/27/2008, 02:09 PM
i wish EA sports would make another MLB baseball game instead of the college stuff. EA makes the best sports games.

not going to happen while the MLBPA and MLB to a lesser extent is getting paid more by 989 Sports for the licensing.

TopDawg
6/29/2008, 11:57 PM
I saw a sign for this at Wal-Mart this weekend and it had McFadden on the cover.

For the past few year's they've made (or you could easily find) covers for your favorite team. That might be what the Matt Ryan one is.

Collier11
6/30/2008, 01:16 AM
They havent added anything really cool for the past several years, that being said I am pumped to buy it and already have my copy reserved. Any word on new features?

Collier11
6/30/2008, 01:18 AM
not going to happen while the MLBPA and MLB to a lesser extent is getting paid more by 989 Sports for the licensing.

I agree but I bought MLB the show this year and the game is really good. Very few glitches and very fun. Also, the gameplay is fair compared to some games

Scott D
6/30/2008, 10:07 AM
989 makes some top notch games when it comes to sports no doubt. That's why it was a disappointment when the NFL went exclusive with EA Sports, because the competition is what pushed EA to make better advances with their sports games. Now, they're mainly sitting on their laurels with the football franchises, and really only have head to head competition in basketball.

RacerX
6/30/2008, 10:15 AM
You should be able to see Robert Allen casting his eclipse.

Mixer!
6/30/2008, 11:48 AM
I saw a sign for this at Wal-Mart this weekend and it had McFadden on the cover.

For the past few year's they've made (or you could easily find) covers for your favorite team. That might be what the Matt Ryan one is.
I believe they have a different player for every game system they're releasing it on (save for the Wii, which has Sparty the Spartan on it). I'll see if I can dig up all the covers.

Mixer!
6/30/2008, 11:55 AM
XBOX360:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WDmG6IDxL._SS400_.jpg

PS3:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51MtcrEB3WL._SS500_.jpg

PS2:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51o4YLlBaNL._SS500_.jpg

PSP:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51q4RbOXDhL._SS500_.jpg

WII:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51EbWh4DmnL._SS500_.jpg

TopDawg
6/30/2008, 03:45 PM
Well there's all the proof you need that XBOX360 is better than PS3.

SeattleOUstudent
6/30/2008, 03:50 PM
Im very excited. I have a new PS3 just waitin to be burned out from the usage of this game. its the only thing that gets me thru the month of July and August....that and pirated downloads of games from previous years.

Kinda sad really.

S008NER
6/30/2008, 04:53 PM
Why dont they make it for the PC?

Collier11
6/30/2008, 05:10 PM
cus this isnt 1993? ;)

TheUnnamedSooner
6/30/2008, 05:51 PM
Looks like they got OU's color right. Last season was too bright or something.

Also, I like this year's cover better than last...

def_lazer_fc
6/30/2008, 07:25 PM

could be worse. (im thinking of a blue and orange color scheme here.)

shaun4411
6/30/2008, 07:29 PM
usually the coverboy is the heisman trophy winner, on the national champ team, or is on a team that won some awe-inspiring bowl game.

poke4christ
7/8/2008, 02:46 PM
New Features
-Online Dynasty!!! (long overdue)
-Better in game play
-new character models
-New lighting effects
-can't remember what else

I think Major League edditing options should have been added
-Edit, modify, and create conferences including uploading logos, changing number of teams in conference, deciding on a championship game or not, conference schedules, Bowl Tieins, ect.
-Edit, modify, and create Bowls including adding logos and dictating locations.
-Post Season and season editing. Including controling number of games and game dates, chosing between playoffs and bowls (or both), Assigning locations or home team advantage as well as garuanteed bids.

This is what I've been waiting forever for and it NEVER comes!!!!! Come on EA!!!!

P.S. Someone should organize a SF online dynasty over here.

Widescreen
7/8/2008, 04:17 PM
I'm getting the Wii version. I hope they get the controls right.

Collier11
7/8/2008, 04:22 PM
New Features
-Online Dynasty!!! (long overdue)
-Better in game play
-new character models
-New lighting effects
-can't remember what else

I think Major League edditing options should have been added
-Edit, modify, and create conferences including uploading logos, changing number of teams in conference, deciding on a championship game or not, conference schedules, Bowl Tieins, ect.
-Edit, modify, and create Bowls including adding logos and dictating locations.
-Post Season and season editing. Including controling number of games and game dates, chosing between playoffs and bowls (or both), Assigning locations or home team advantage as well as garuanteed bids.

This is what I've been waiting forever for and it NEVER comes!!!!! Come on EA!!!!

P.S. Someone should organize a SF online dynasty over here.

I hope this is for PS2 as well, these are alot of the features I have been waiting on forever

poke4christ
7/8/2008, 04:43 PM
I hope this is for PS2 as well, these are alot of the features I have been waiting on forever

Did it come across that the second section of items was my ramblings on what should be added and aren't in the current game (to my knowlegde)? Also, I wouldn't expect online dynasty to be a part of the PS2 version.

Collier11
7/8/2008, 04:52 PM
No, I was just saying that some of the features get added to PS3 and not
PS2

TopDawg
7/8/2008, 04:53 PM
There are a few videos here (http://www.easports.com/ncaa09/media.jsp) that highlight some of the new features and gameplay improvements. I'm getting pretty excited about it.

It looks like they finally got OU/TX right.

poke4christ
7/8/2008, 05:07 PM
I do think it's rather dumb that they are in the 3rd or 4th (forget which) iteration on the next gen systems and they still have generic stadums for many teams. I can understand it for I-AA teams (if they are even in the game), but all D-IA teams stadiums should be in the game. Also, other locations like the cotton bowl, arrowhead, and mile high should be in the game. I don't know how many of these use generic stadiums (I'm glad they finally got the cotton bowl), but I know that it is still upseting some small school fans.

Collier11
7/8/2008, 05:15 PM
I just wish they would make gameplay more realistic, On all american it is too easy and on Heisman it is often too difficult

TopDawg
7/8/2008, 05:32 PM
I just wish they would make gameplay more realistic, On all american it is too easy and on Heisman it is often too difficult

After a month or so, Heisman isn't so difficult.

I started a Heisman dynasty with OU, UAB, Utah State and Army.

OU has now won 4 (more) national titles.

UAB Coach got a job offer at Auburn after his second year, and then moved to West Virginia.

Utah State (now in the Pac-10) and Army are currently #'s 2 and 3 behind OU heading into the conference championships.

I admit...I had one or two re-starts in Year 1 for UAB, USU and Army...but that's all. And the computer really did cheat on those games. ;)

My biggest problem is that I usually only play the computer so I get used to their playcalling and gameplay (it's predictable after a while) so when I play someone else, it's a lot harder.

One of these years I'll try adjusting the sliders to make it a little more difficult/realistic. This year's defaults have hardly any penalties (mostly clipping) and some of the defensive backs have eyes in the back of their heads.

OU-HSV
7/8/2008, 07:03 PM
I've never found Heisman level too hard. I usually jump right into Heisman level in dynasty mode. I've won several national championships at OU...eventually went to a few other programs and rebuilt them and won championships.
Last week I got p*ssed at my '08 game and said I'm not playing again until the new game comes out. So I've been playing some Tiger Woods like nobody's business since then.

I'm looking forward to the game coming out, I still only have a PS2...but at least I'll get to buy the new game for 39.99 this time!

Scott D
7/8/2008, 07:07 PM
by Pat White you mean DeSean Jackson.

PSP - Owen Schmidt
Xbox 360 - Darren McFadden
PS3 - Matt Ryan
Wii - "Sparty"
PS2 - DeSean Jackson

OU-HSV
7/8/2008, 07:25 PM
by Pat White you mean DeSean Jackson.

PSP - Owen Schmidt
Xbox 360 - Darren McFadden
PS3 - Matt Ryan
Wii - "Sparty"
PS2 - DeSean Jackson

Yeah, my bad. That's what I meant, I just gave it a quick glance and didn't let it soak in before I typed it. :O

I am much more pleased that it's not Pat White

SeattleOUstudent
7/8/2008, 08:17 PM
So we do get to play vs other players online this year?

AllAboutThe'O'
7/8/2008, 09:26 PM
I do think it's rather dumb that they are in the 3rd or 4th (forget which) iteration on the next gen systems and they still have generic stadums for many teams. I can understand it for I-AA teams (if they are even in the game), but all D-IA teams stadiums should be in the game. Also, other locations like the cotton bowl, arrowhead, and mile high should be in the game. I don't know how many of these use generic stadiums (I'm glad they finally got the cotton bowl), but I know that it is still upseting some small school fans.

I had a 360 last year and that was one of the worst things about last year's game, that several BCS schools (notably Washington State, Northwestern and Duke) had to play their home games in a generic stadium, whereas the PS2 version had all the teams playing in their real stadiums. Maybe when I get a PS3 next year for NCAA '10, they'll have Jerry World for the Cotton Bowl game and the annual Arkansas-Texas A&M skirmish.

OU-HSV
7/8/2008, 09:41 PM
I had a 360 last year and that was one of the worst things about last year's game, that several BCS schools (notably Washington State, Northwestern and Duke) had to play their home games in a generic stadium, whereas the PS2 version had all the teams playing in their real stadiums. Maybe when I get a PS3 next year for NCAA '10, they'll have Jerry World for the Cotton Bowl game and the annual Arkansas-Texas A&M skirmish.

Sounds like you're planning like I am....let the PS3 price drop a lot more in the next year'ish...and then buy it in time to buy the ncaa 2010 game.

Great minds think alike :D

poke4christ
7/8/2008, 11:21 PM

...and more than likely Tech vs. OSU. Now, since tech is the closest thing we've got to a second rival, I like the plan. However, I'm still wish we had gotten Arkansas.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/8/2008, 11:29 PM
Sounds like you're planning like I am....let the PS3 price drop a lot more in the next year'ish...and then buy it in time to buy the ncaa 2010 game.

Great minds think alike :D

Actually, I want to have a PS3 next spring so I can play MLB '09: The Show. I'm already saving up for one.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/8/2008, 11:32 PM
...and more than likely Tech vs. OSU. Now, since tech is the closest thing we've got to a second rival, I like the plan. However, I'm still wish we had gotten Arkansas.

I would like to see Arkansas play OSU again; that would be a fun intersectional series.

goingoneight
7/8/2008, 11:50 PM

There's also about 12,000 too many people in the stands.

OU-HSV
7/8/2008, 11:53 PM
Actually, I want to have a PS3 next spring so I can play MLB '09: The Show. I'm already saving up for one.

Ahh, well you can have baseball..I don't care for it.
At least the lower Wal-mart version of the PS3 is getting cheaper.

poke4christ
7/9/2008, 12:10 AM
There's also about 12,000 too many people in the stands.

Sadly, that's probably about accurate. That would be 48k. I think we might average closer to 52 or 53 though.

Collier11
7/9/2008, 08:43 AM
Ahh, well you can have baseball..I don't care for it.
At least the lower Wal-mart version of the PS3 is getting cheaper.

Its a really good game on PS2 so I am sure it will be great on PS3

TopDawg
7/9/2008, 09:34 AM
So we do get to play vs other players online this year?

That's been an option in the past...right?

The new thing is that this year's version offer an online dynasty mode so that you can sign up with a few other people (I'm not sure if there's a limit) and play dynasty mode against them so that you're also recruiting against them.

TheUnnamedSooner
7/9/2008, 09:45 AM
I like how in '08, the Alamo Dome was a generic outside stadium.

TheUnnamedSooner
7/9/2008, 09:45 AM

The new thing is that this year's version offer an online dynasty mode so that you can sign up with a few other people (I'm not sure if there's a limit) and play dynasty mode against them so that you're also recruiting against them.

You can have up to 12.

SeattleOUstudent
7/9/2008, 11:42 AM

Ahhh, okay, that explains it!

TopDawg
7/9/2008, 05:32 PM
Utah State (now in the Pac-10) and Army are currently #'s 2 and 3 behind OU heading into the conference championships.

OU just beat Nebraska for the Big XII title. Heading into bowl season, OU is averaging over 70 PPG (6 minute quarters).

National Awards:
Heisman - OU RB
Maxwell - OU QB
O'Brien - OU QB
Doak Walker - OU RB
Best WR - OU WR
Best TE - OU TE
Rimington - ?
Best OL - ?
Best DE - OU DE
Best DT - ?
Best LB - OU LB
Thorpe - OU DB
Best Returner - OU RB
Best Kicker - Utah State K
Best Punter - OU P
Coach of the Year - ?

OU is going up against Utah State in the title game. #4 Army is facing Central Florida in the Fiesta. #3 WVU is facing Miami I think.

I like the way the trophy room is displayed on the '08 game. I hope it's similar on this new version.

Collier11
7/9/2008, 07:42 PM
nothing about this is realistic or fun for me, to each their own but I like my game to be as real as possible for a video game. My buddy is like you and likes to kill every team

poke4christ
7/9/2008, 08:40 PM
OU just beat Nebraska for the Big XII title. Heading into bowl season, OU is averaging over 70 PPG (6 minute quarters).

National Awards:
Heisman - OU RB
Maxwell - OU QB
O'Brien - OU QB
Doak Walker - OU RB
Best WR - OU WR
Best TE - OU TE
Rimington - ?
Best OL - ?
Best DE - OU DE
Best DT - ?
Best LB - OU LB
Thorpe - OU DB
Best Returner - OU RB
Best Kicker - Utah State K
Best Punter - OU P
Coach of the Year - ?

OU is going up against Utah State in the title game. #4 Army is facing Central Florida in the Fiesta. #3 WVU is facing Miami I think.

I like the way the trophy room is displayed on the '08 game. I hope it's similar on this new version.

HA, don't you just love the realism of NCAA football? :D

TopDawg
7/9/2008, 09:41 PM
nothing about this is realistic or fun for me, to each their own but I like my game to be as real as possible for a video game. My buddy is like you and likes to kill every team

The OU games get kinda boring after a while. That's why I bring along teams like Utah State and Army. I enjoy the challenge of building them up.

Besides, it IS realistic. If we had coaches who were as good at recruiting, play-calling, etc. as I am...we'd be averaging 70 ppg too.

Collier11
7/9/2008, 10:54 PM
Besides, it IS realistic. If we had coaches who were as good at recruiting, play-calling, etc. as I am...we'd be averaging 70 ppg too.

:D

OU-HSV
7/9/2008, 11:40 PM
The OU games get kinda boring after a while. That's why I bring along teams like Utah State and Army. I enjoy the challenge of building them up....

I like the way you think. After several consecutive National Championship dynasty years at OU..I always end up going to other programs and take on the challenge of building them up.

A few I've done this at are San Diego State, Iowa, Tulsa, Washington State, South Carolina, and so on.

With the '07 game I tried to go to the Idaho Vandals and build their program up as a NC contender,ha ha...It was rough. I believe that's the only program I've ever gone to and I couldn't get over the hump with.

SicEmBaylor
7/10/2008, 12:03 AM
The REAL and most important question is, did they get Floyd Casey Stadium right?

Hot Rod
7/10/2008, 08:29 AM
My 7 yr old son likes playing teams like Richmond and then trying to score 100 points on them. He's been successful twice using OU. Throws the deep ball and plays good D.

OKLA21FAN
7/10/2008, 08:37 AM
My 7 yr old son likes playing teams like Richmond and then trying to score 100 points on them. He's been successful twice using OU. Throws the deep ball and plays good D.

program on the rise? :pop:

TopDawg
7/10/2008, 10:56 AM

Thanks for the scouting report. If I ever meet him online, he's toast! ;)

With the dynasty I have going right now, I've cracked 100 twice. Once against Florida in the national championship game and once against Miami with this team I have now.

It does seem like this game makes rivalries more tough. In the season I've got going now, OU, Utah State and Army are all heads and shoulders above OSU, Utah, BYU, Air Force and Navy...but they all "struggled" against those rivals.

Collier11
7/10/2008, 11:19 AM
Its always fun playing a young kid who beats my arse and talks crap the entire time...talk about maddening!

NormanPride
7/10/2008, 11:37 AM
I'm getting the Wii version. I hope they get the controls right.

Beware, Widescreen. The Wii version is not the same as the rest. The playcalling is simplified down to "run", "Deep Pass", etc. When I said "Waggle to pump up the crowd" I wasn't kidding. The game is designed for those with only a casual following of the sport.

You know, USC fans.

Pricetag
7/10/2008, 12:26 PM
Beware, Widescreen. The Wii version is not the same as the rest. The playcalling is simplified down to "run", "Deep Pass", etc. When I said "Waggle to pump up the crowd" I wasn't kidding. The game is designed for those with only a casual following of the sport.

You know, USC fans.
If it's like Madden on the Wii, then you can switch the playbook back to the normal way, by formation. It's just a different way to group the plays.

I'm not saying that this game will be as good as the PS3 or 360 versions, just that it probably won't be as bad as you're thinking. Again, if like Madden, it will be a port of the PS2 game with the different control scheme.

OU Adonis
7/10/2008, 12:40 PM
This years 2009 will allow for online dynasty play.

I am starting up a league of 12 players and I am still fleshing out the rules but please respond to this thread if you are interested.

Some of things I have so far.

The initial team selection for the league will be limited. (We will start with crappy teams)

You will need to be able to play two games a week. (We may go with more games a week if everyone is willing)

You will only be able to adjust your schedule slightly. I.E you will have to stick with the main part of the schedule. How much we will allow for adjustments will be determined.

We will play on the All American Level.

Random Drawing to see who gets to pick first team. (Remember they are all going to be crappy teams from bad conferences)

You will be allowed to take jobs with other teams.

Let me know if you are interested. It should be good times.

(I will remove my other post in this forum, it fits here more.)

NormanPride
7/10/2008, 01:00 PM
What happens if Chuck picks one and Jaux picks one, and then they have to play a game? Time zone differences can be a pain.

OU Adonis
7/10/2008, 01:25 PM
What happens if Chuck picks one and Jaux picks one, and then they have to play a game? Time zone differences can be a pain.

Well there will be 12 human players, but all the teams in Division 1 will be represented so 1 on 1 matchups between human players won't be prevailant at least in regular season. This will be an ongoing league where you try to build up your team over a few years like offline dynasty play.

Here is a working list of the teams that will be available to select from.

The schedules should be chosen by the computer. I am still working out the details but I am thinking you will be able to "Opt out" of two games a year. (I.E you will be able to switch opponents)

Team Over Off Def Conference
Army 60 66 60 Independent
Idaho 60 66 60 WAC
Western Kent 60 68 60 Sun Belt
Utah State 60 60 69 WAC
San Jose State 62 66 64 WAC
Wyoming 62 70 62 MWC
Arkansas State 62 73 60 Sun Belt
FIU 67 70 66 Sun Belt
UNLV 67 70 66 MWC
Air Force 64 68 69 MWC
Eastern Mich 64 68 69 MAC
Buffalo 67 77 62 MAC
Ohio 67 66 73 MAC
Toledo 67 75 66 MAC
New Mexico 67 75 66 MWC
UL Monroe 67 75 66 Sun Belt
Mid Tenn State 67 73 69 Sun Belt
Temple 69 73 69 MAC
Ball State 69 79 64 MAC
UL Lafayette 69 77 66 Sun Belt
North Texas 69 75 69 Sun Belt
Louisiana Tech 69 75 71 WAC
Nevada 69 77 69 WAC
Central Mich 72 81 66 MAC
FAU 72 77 71 Sun Belt
Troy 72 70 78 Sun Belt
Akron 72 75 73 MAC
Kent State 72 77 71 MAC
Miami U 72 75 73 MAC
Navy 72 77 71 Independent
Colorado State 72 75 76 MWC

dolemitesooner
7/10/2008, 03:18 PM
i WOULD NOT WANT TO BEAT ALL OF YOU ...ALSO WHAT SYSTEM ARE YOU DOING THIS ON
you all have to be on the same system I have a ps3 and 360 but just wondering

poke4christ
7/11/2008, 10:02 AM
Here's the customizable sound options for NCAA 09. Someone might want to start pairing them up appropriately for OU.

OKLAHOMA STATE
Field Goal Kick is Successful
PAT is Successful
2 Pt Conversion is Successful
Touchdown - Touchdown Cowboys Pistols Firing
Safety
Defense on 3rd Down
Defense on 4th Down
Kickoff
Timeout - Home
Timeout - Visitor
Tackle for Loss/Sack
Defensive Stop on 3rd Down
Defensive Stop on 4th Down
Turnover
Defense take the field after a Kick Return
3rd Down Conversion is Successful - Good for a Cowboy's 1st down and 10
4th Down Conversion is Successful - Good for a Cowboy's 1st down and 10
1st Down Conversion on 1st or 2nd Down - Good for a Cowboy's 1st down and 10
FG Miss by Opponent
Challenged Play
Start of 4th Quarter
Penalty on Away Team

It's not gonna be that hard though. In fact, I can help you out.

sound 1: Boomer Sooner
sound 2: Boomer Sooner
sound 3: Boomer Sooner short
sound 4: Boomer Sooner

...and so on and so on. :D j/k

Collier11
7/11/2008, 11:18 AM
Here's the customizable sound options for NCAA 09. Someone might want to start pairing them up appropriately for OU.

OKLAHOMA STATE
Field Goal Kick is Successful
PAT is Successful
2 Pt Conversion is Successful-pffft!
Touchdown - Touchdown Cowboys Pistols Firing-ghey!
Safety-yea right
Defense on 3rd Down-touchdown offense
Defense on 4th Down-see previous
Kickoff
Timeout - Home-Gundy is fixing his hair
Timeout - Visitor
Tackle for Loss/Sack-by the other team
Defensive Stop on 3rd Down if he didnt miss the tackle
Defensive Stop on 4th Down-see above
Turnover-poor ags
Defense take the field after a Kick Return
3rd Down Conversion is Successful - Good for a Cowboy's 1st down and 10
4th Down Conversion is Successful - Good for a Cowboy's 1st down and 10
1st Down Conversion on 1st or 2nd Down - Good for a Cowboy's 1st down and 10
FG Miss by Opponent
Challenged Play-thats not TRUE!
Start of 4th Quarter-we suck again!
Penalty on Away Team-for laughing at the scoreboard and hurting the ags feelings

It's not gonna be that hard though. In fact, I can help you out.

sound 1: Boomer Sooner
sound 2: Boomer Sooner
sound 3: Boomer Sooner short
sound 4: Boomer Sooner

...and so on and so on. :D j/k

FIXED!!!!!! :D

Widescreen
7/11/2008, 11:33 AM

You know, USC fans.

From what I've seen and read, it doesn't seem as bad as you seem to think. I know it won't be the same and some of the stuff seems irritating but I don't think the playcalling will be a major problem. We'll see I guess. My biggest concern is that it's the 1st Wii entry for NCAA so it has the potential of having some major problems. Plus there's no online which kinda stinks.

OU Adonis
7/11/2008, 11:55 AM
i WOULD NOT WANT TO BEAT ALL OF YOU ...ALSO WHAT SYSTEM ARE YOU DOING THIS ON
you all have to be on the same system I have a ps3 and 360 but just wondering

This is for the Xbox 360.

TheUnnamedSooner
7/11/2008, 12:20 PM
I used to always enjoy creating my own school and making it crappy like a "D" team and build them up. I would create a huge stadium and work my way up until it was full. Anymore you can't create your own school :(

TopDawg
7/11/2008, 12:40 PM
I used to always enjoy creating my own school and making it crappy like a "D" team and build them up. I would create a huge stadium and work my way up until it was full. Anymore you can't create your own school :(

Yeah, I miss that feature.

shaun4411
7/11/2008, 01:54 PM
is anyone in here making an OU NCAA 09 cover?

OUMallen
7/11/2008, 02:02 PM
I pre-bought it and will be picking it up on Tuesday for PS3.

TopDawg
7/11/2008, 04:40 PM
Well there will be 12 human players, but all the teams in Division 1 will be represented so 1 on 1 matchups between human players won't be prevailant at least in regular season. This will be an ongoing league where you try to build up your team over a few years like offline dynasty play.

I might be interested in this. I've never played online, so I'd have to set that up. Isn't there a subscription fee to play online?

When are you thinking about starting this? That would determine my ability to play.

mxATVracer10
7/11/2008, 10:58 PM
I might be interested in this. I've never played online, so I'd have to set that up. Isn't there a subscription fee to play online?

When are you thinking about starting this? That would determine my ability to play.

360=Yes PS3=No

So PS3>360 ;)
:texan:

AllAboutThe'O'
7/12/2008, 12:50 AM
Probably won't be getting a PS3 anytime soon, and I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll get the PS2 version. That's what happens when you're still waiting for your economic stimulus check to arrive.:(

OU-HSV
7/12/2008, 01:02 AM
Probably won't be getting a PS3 anytime soon, and I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll get the PS2 version. That's what happens when you're still waiting for your economic stimulus check to arrive.:(

I feel your pain. We were supposed to have gotten our check yesterday...but no check yet. Technically we should have gotten it a long time ago, but the gov messed up and claimed they had an error in direct depositing our regular tax return. So we've ended up getting on the "paper check" list for the stimulus check too it seems.

OU Adonis
7/12/2008, 11:40 AM
The subscription price is $7 bucks a month on the 360. I am looking to start the league around the end of the month. I would like to give everyone time to get the game and play it for a week or two. Maybe start it around the 26th of the month.

OU-HSV
7/13/2008, 08:47 AM
I wonder if somehow anyone in the Tulsa area will have the PS2 version for sale today..like an early sale. That'd be cool, I'd be buying it if so.

OU Adonis
7/14/2008, 09:17 AM
If anyone on here is intersted in joining the 360 league please PM me your email address and I will start a mailing list. I will send out some of the specifics then and we can hash out a few things.

Widescreen
7/14/2008, 09:58 AM
All you PS2 people need to quit buying games and move to a next-gen console. It's holding back Wii development.

Collier11
7/14/2008, 10:29 AM
All you PS2 people need to quit buying games and move to a next-gen console. It's holding back Wii development.

If you have $500 you want to loan me interest free and payment free Id be happy to upgrade :D

Widescreen
7/14/2008, 11:45 AM
Done. Give me all your bank account info and I'll direct deposit it. ;)

Collier11
7/14/2008, 01:21 PM
Done. Give me all your bank account info and I'll direct deposit it. ;)

PM on its way :eek:

OU-HSV
7/14/2008, 10:06 PM
I'm disappointed...I had it in my mind that today was the release date for this game. I called walmart and they said "we'll have it here at midnight". I was like oh crap, today isn't the 15th!

OU-HSV
7/14/2008, 11:27 PM
Now I've got the dilema. I'm awake, it's close to midnight. Do I:
a) Drive to walmart now and get the game so I'm assured that I have it
b) Hope that tomorrow on lunch I can swing by a walmart and get it then
??

silverwheels
7/14/2008, 11:45 PM
Oh yeah, for you guys that download rosters, go to http://freencaa09rosters.com/ or http://www.fairdale-kings.com/. Both of these sites are run by hard-working people who do their own rosters and do not charge for them.

Do not get rosters from DT Linder (earosters.com) or Brian Kaldenberg (gamerosters.com, fkrosters.com, psxsports.com) as they're both assbags who steal others' work and turn around and charge customers for it, or at least Kaldenberg does. DT doesn't explicitly charge, but he does "request donations". Just don't deal with either of them, please.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/15/2008, 01:27 AM
Now I've got the dilema. I'm awake, it's close to midnight. Do I:
a) Drive to walmart now and get the game so I'm assured that I have it
b) Hope that tomorrow on lunch I can swing by a walmart and get it then
??

Go with B.
It's been already over an hour and I haven't left my house all day. On the other hand, waiting for the first shipment for NCAA to arrive every year has sort of jumped the shark. I used to do a few "midnight runs" back in the day.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/15/2008, 01:29 AM
Oh yeah, for you guys that download rosters, go to http://freencaa09rosters.com/ or http://www.fairdale-kings.com/. Both of these sites are run by hard-working people who do their own rosters and do not charge for them.

Do you know if they do PS2 rosters?

Collier11
7/15/2008, 08:54 AM
Do you know if they do PS2 rosters?

There is a guy with the name black lover that does them every year for PS2 and he does a really good job. I will update the board when he will have them ready, he doesnt charge but does ask for a donation and I have always gotten my rosters from him

OU Adonis
7/15/2008, 09:09 AM
Hey Top Dawg if you are reading this I can't send you PMs. If your interested in joining the league email me at [email protected].

Thanks!

OUMallen
7/15/2008, 09:11 AM
ANyone play yet?

OU Adonis
7/15/2008, 09:46 AM
I got the game. Gameplay and visuals seem to be better. I have only played one game though.

Mixer!
7/15/2008, 03:09 PM
I smoked Hook em 63-0 in the RRS. The Wii contols took some getting used to, but it's not as bad as I've heard.

Pricetag
7/15/2008, 03:28 PM
I smoked Hook em 63-0 in the RRS. The Wii contols took some getting used to, but it's not as bad as I've heard.
I don't have much trouble on offense, but on defense, I spaz out and let the CPU turn short gains into TDs.

OU Adonis
7/15/2008, 03:58 PM
I have room for 6 more in my 360 league if anyones interested.

OUMallen
7/16/2008, 12:05 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get roster onto PS3? I don't have internet at home (just moved) and my PS3 is nary 3 weeks old, so I don't know how to use it.

SeattleOUstudent
7/16/2008, 12:47 PM
do we have a PS3 league going somewhere?

TopDawg
7/29/2008, 11:56 PM
I have room for 6 more in my 360 league if anyones interested.

Sorry for my disappearance. When are you planning on starting the league?