PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the new "birth-control" reality show last night?

Okla-homey
6/26/2008, 12:37 PM
Pretty cool. It's called "Baby Borrowers." A half dozen teen couples who think they are ready to be parents get set-up in their own digs on a suburban cul-de-sac and are presented with a real baby -- under observed and controlled conditions of course. They are responsible for its every need 24/7 for about a week.

Hee-larious.

Then it hits you. Millions of other teens are actually dealing with real babies under similar circumstances with no adult supervision.<shivver>

frankensooner
6/26/2008, 12:38 PM
Shouldn't you be studying?

SoonerInKCMO
6/26/2008, 12:39 PM
Any show with real children is birth control for me.

Okla-homey
6/26/2008, 12:41 PM
Shouldn't you be studying?

it came on at eight. I had been studying all day. sheesh.;)

frankensooner
6/26/2008, 12:43 PM
I hope you have a vacation planned for the day after the bar. You seriously need and deserve it. I went to New Orleans and drank and ate a lot! :D

SoonerInKCMO
6/26/2008, 12:44 PM
Why are you still studying now? Didn't you learn nothin' in those three years of lawyerin' school? ;)

pergdaddy
6/26/2008, 12:47 PM
I watched it. It is in fact hee-larry-us. A few of the teens I think have a clue. Most don't, especially the one girl who thinks she is hawt. She didn't feed the baby all day, so the mother intervenes and gives her a what for and now the teen won't have anything to do with the baby because of the mother. Not an exact quote, but she said something along the lines of "nobody talks to me that way."

I'd seriously have been arrested if my wife went over to tell her something and that came out of her mouth. Seriously. But then again, I wouldn't have subjected my child to teenage mind torture.

frankensooner
6/26/2008, 12:48 PM
Dang, you have to pay money after law skool to learn how to take the bar, and then once you pass, you have to learn how to "practice". All stuff they never teach you in law skool. ;)

Okla-homey
6/26/2008, 12:48 PM
Why are you still studying now? Didn't you learn nothin' in those three years of lawyerin' school? ;)

They test you on a lot of stuff you didn't have a course in. That, and its also a two-day comprehensive written final exam of your entire three years of law skoolz. Thus, all that stuff you stored in RAM and deleted after that course ended must be re-downloaded, ideally to ROM, but alas, it rarely works that way. Instead, you put it back into RAM and lose the stuff you don't use after the barzam.

shaun4411
6/26/2008, 12:51 PM
im 25 and can barely take care of myself, much less a baby. birth control for me is using her mouth.

Okla-homey
6/26/2008, 12:51 PM
I watched it. It is in fact hee-larry-us. A few of the teens I think have a clue. Most don't, especially the one girl who thinks she is hawt. She didn't feed the baby all day, so the mother intervenes and gives her a what for and now the teen won't have anything to do with the baby because of the mother. Not an exact quote, but she said something along the lines of "nobody talks to me that way."

I'd seriously have been arrested if my wife went over to tell her something and that came out of her mouth. Seriously. But then again, I wouldn't have subjected my child to teenage mind torture.

You know, just FWIW, my impression from having raised one of these drama queens, too many of these modern young gals got a serious case of "its all about me."

pergdaddy
6/26/2008, 01:09 PM
homey,
don't know your daughter, so I can't speak to her as I'm sure your raised her right. But I have a relative by marriage that is like this girl on the show. She walks around like the world should be kissing her feet. She acts as if she is unbelievably hawt and that they should rename the Sun after her because in all actuality everything DOES revolve around her.

In reality, she's a 22 year old mother of a 3 year old little girl. The dad is a drug dealer. She was in jail for not ratting him out while he's still in prison. She's white. She wears dreadlocks. It's an all around odd situation.

I just don't get the world these days. Just when I think I have something figured out, 5 more things pop up that make me scratch my head. Then I play Hulk on the Wii and smash buildings to pieces and throw bad guys down the alley and I feel better.

frankensooner
6/26/2008, 01:38 PM
Dood, you have a wii and you aren't killing zombies? I worry about the youth.

SoonerInKCMO
6/26/2008, 01:41 PM
Then I play Hulk on the Wii and smash buildings to pieces and throw bad guys down the alley and I feel better.

I might have to get that game. I often want to smash ****.

pergdaddy
6/26/2008, 01:42 PM
frank,

what games that? And youth? I'm 30. That's old in NFL years.

I have Hulk, Speed Racer, Mariokart, game party, george of the jungle and dancing with the stars. Can you tell I'm married with children?

frankensooner
6/26/2008, 01:47 PM
Resident Evil 4, The Umbrella Chronicles and House of the Dead 2 & 3. Get the wii Zapper! :D And you are youthful to me, I am 42.

badger
6/26/2008, 01:52 PM
I am 42.

Wow, a two-year man :D

I don't think this show will change anyone's minds about underage sex. Boys will be boys, and as such, will not get preggers and not have to worry about missing school and or dealing with "the show, you go" school suspension policies. Girls, with readily available birth control and such, will think that it can't happen to them for some B.S. reason. What's the popular one now? "It can't happen on the first time?"

SoonerInKCMO
6/26/2008, 01:54 PM
Wow, a two-year man :D

I don't think this show will change anyone's minds about underage sex. Boys will be boys, and as such, will not get preggers and not have to worry about missing school and or dealing with "the show, you go" school suspension policies. Girls, with readily available birth control and such, will think that it can't happen to them for some B.S. reason. What's the popular one now? "It can't happen on the first time?"

Is it still the 1960s where you live? :confused:

frankensooner
6/26/2008, 01:58 PM
I remember in 7th grade, the little girl who sat next to me in a class was quite preggers and showing. She didn't have to go. Well, until one day when she wasn't there anymore. I think she went into labor, and never came back that year.

pergdaddy
6/26/2008, 02:07 PM
I saw for Wii, frank, not to change subjects that they are making a Star Wars game and I believe you can use a light saber much like you slot the Wiimote down into a steering wheel.

Thought about getting a Call of Duty game. I'll look into RE4 and the other ones.

pergdaddy
6/26/2008, 02:10 PM
42's not old. You're still in good shape in MLB years.

I've known of some teen pregnancies when I was in high school and stuff, but never remember anything 7th grade. That's young.

I think when I was a freshman, one of the senior cheerleaders got pregnant by one of the football coaches.

There wasn't a lot of pregnancies in high school, maybe 1 or 2. Not to say there wasn't some of teh secks going on.

badger
6/26/2008, 02:32 PM
Is it still the 1960s where you live? :confused:

Amazingly, no. There are some very unfair policies out there that involve pregnancy, which can make female student ineligible for student aid and such, not to mention the fact that pregnancy makes you sick in the morning, not a very good athlete and can get in the way of studies.