PDA

View Full Version : Will Georgia make it out of the SEC?

Soonermagik
6/26/2008, 08:22 AM
I say no!!

They seem to be the favorite to win it all, but they have one of the toughest schedules.

They play Arizona State on the road, @ LSU, @ Auburn. Plus, they have to play Florida.

I have a feeling one of these teams are going to get them, if not more than one.

soonerfan28
6/26/2008, 08:50 AM
No, but I would like to see a OU -Georgia matchup. That is actually my prediction and if I'm not mistaken we've never played Georgia. Would make for a great game. Two great RB's and QB's. I think our D would be the X factor.

soonermix
6/26/2008, 09:35 AM
there is very little chance of georgia getting out undefeated.
but if they can manage only 1 loss then i would say they have the inside track for playing in the championship

Soonermagik
6/26/2008, 09:36 AM
I would prefer to play an Ohio State. They match up really well to what we do since they don't run a west coast or gimmick offense. Plus, they have had their butts handed to them, much like we have.

No matter what, I just hope we win our bowl game this year. This lady at my work loves to razz me about that.

She told me a joke the other day, which I'm sure some of you have heard.
Anyways, the joke is how do you make sooner cookies? Ans: Put them in a bowl and beat them for 3 hours.

I would love to win it all this year, but even if we don't, a nice BCS win would get those types off my back. :)

JLEW1818
6/26/2008, 11:07 AM
They lose to Auburn in the SEC Championship

Sooner_09
6/26/2008, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even win the East Division

JLEW1818
6/26/2008, 11:11 AM
oh yes the SEC will beat each other up.

illinisooner
6/26/2008, 11:21 AM
I'd say the winner of the Georgia-Florida game wins the SEC...which will probably be the best/most important conference game of 2008.

JohnnyMack
6/26/2008, 11:27 AM
GA, FL, SC and tOSU are my picks to play in the Orange Bowl.

NormanPride
6/26/2008, 11:44 AM
That would be an awesome game, JM.

SweetPup1221
6/26/2008, 11:57 AM
I like Auburns chances at sneakin in!

Seamus
6/26/2008, 01:28 PM
oh yes I'm them SEC people are going to kill beat each other up.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WE45111QL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

yermom
6/26/2008, 01:40 PM
That would be an awesome game, JM.

:D

sooner n houston
6/26/2008, 01:44 PM
Hell, I didn't even know they wanted to! :D

badger
6/26/2008, 01:55 PM
Someday, the big name schools will realize that their strength is their weakness, so they divide the SEC up a little, or have less conference games.

sooner94
6/26/2008, 02:02 PM
You know how tough the SEC is? If the undefeated 1972 Dolphins played in the SEC, they would have lost at least three games.

Miko
6/26/2008, 02:16 PM
What about the SEC vs. Ditka??

Soonermagik
6/26/2008, 02:16 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WE45111QL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

You mean engrish?

http://www.engrish.com/

JLEW1818
6/26/2008, 10:19 PM
The only English that I care about is Auston English

Fraggle145
6/27/2008, 01:15 AM
The away game against Auburn is a W. Look at recent history... the home team almost always seems to lose. Just for history's sake for those that didnt know that is the longest continuously running rivalry in the South. The rematch in the SEC championship could be interesting. UGA will have no trouble with Az St I predict. They will struggle with USC (the other one)... because it is perhaps one of the earliest conference games in any conference. They will probably drop a game, but i dont know if it will be to LSU either. I just think LSU is going to struggle, not based on talent, but because of drama. UF will be one of the tougher games as their recent history with them is not that good... Its all about momentum in that game, just look to last year, but dont count out Tennessee, they may not be as good as they have been in recent years, but that game always has a weird outcome. However even if UF were to win, i think UGA will take the SEC east.

I would love to play UGA for 3 reasons (1) I went to both schools, OU for BS, UGA for MS, but the Sooners are my team, (2) We have never played eachother despite the rich tradition at each school (our is much better), and (3) we finally wouldnt have to play a ****ty team again like BYU in the Sucky *** Corn Chip bowl.

JohnnyMack
6/27/2008, 09:22 AM
:D

:les:I haven't narrowed it down yet!!!

RedstickSooner
6/27/2008, 10:10 AM
Pre-season SEC predictions about the top team are accurate maybe one year in eight. (Cue the statmonkey to prove to me how, in actuality, such predictions are 62.3% accurate.)

The conference has too much ability -- and every single friggin' team plays totally haphazardly. Lights-out one week, Oklahoma State the next. I would hate to play in that conference, and I'd prefer we not schedule anyone from it in the future. Stick with conferences like the Big East, ACC or Big-10, where teams are pretty much the same every damned week.

Emotion plays way too big a role in the SEC. No clue why those kids have to get pumped, when most other places they just play ball. Maybe it's a heat & humidity thing? Can't play smart when your brain is cooking, so you have to play on emotion? No idea.

Sooner_09
6/27/2008, 10:16 AM
It might be because its a "defensive" league..or the lack of effective offenses ( besides Georgia and Florida)

JLEW1818
6/27/2008, 01:15 PM
Anytime you go out west to play, its going to be difficult..(asu)

Jason White's Third Knee
6/27/2008, 01:17 PM
Georgia ALWAYS underacheives.

illinisooner
6/27/2008, 05:38 PM
Georgia is getting alot of pub based on how they finished last season, and I think that's clouding alot of people's judgement on the Dawgs. They have a tough schedule, and if you look at their roster, a few more question marks than you want for a potential preseason #1. As I've said before, the showdown with Florida in Jacksonville will determine the winner of the SEC East and the conference (Auburn is good, but not as good as FLA/GA).

JLEW1818
6/27/2008, 05:41 PM
I think auburn will be dangerous in the SEC championship. I think each sec team in the sec championship will already have 2 losses.

Jdog
6/27/2008, 09:13 PM
I say no!!

They seem to be the favorite to win it all, but they have one of the toughest schedules.

They play Arizona State on the road, @ LSU, @ Auburn. Plus, they have to play Florida.

I have a feeling one of these teams are going to get them, if not more than one.

Shoot, coming out of SEC you can lose 2 games and still win the NC

goingoneight
6/27/2008, 11:26 PM
A great team that's determined can overcome anything out in front of them. Look how many people wrote us off for dead with No. 11 Texas, No. 2 Kansas State and No. 1 Nebraska back-to-back-to-back. Watch the soonerscott youtube video of the 2000 BIG 12 CCG, the gameday crew picks KSU because they "just don't see" Oklahoma really being as good as they showed.

It takes a lot of things... talent, obviously... coaching, duhrrr. Superb defense, solid depth at the key positions, and a bunch of lucky breaks along the way. I can see UGA getting the MNC, but it's awfully hard to go and predict a 14-0 season right now.

goingoneight
6/27/2008, 11:27 PM
Shoot, coming out of SEC you can lose 2 games and still play an MNC on your home field against an undeserving foe, play crappy and still win the MNC.

True. True.

JLEW1818
6/28/2008, 04:19 AM
I can only see Oklahoma losing to A&M. Not saying that will happen, but honestly i think that the best chance of us losing is them.