PDA

View Full Version : Would he be a GREAT First Black President?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/26/2008, 12:59 AM
Well, I should think so!

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=299193338386927

Curly Bill
6/26/2008, 01:02 AM
I didn't read the entire link, but the Europeans can bite my ***. Well, maybe not bite my ***, cause they can sometimes be useful allies, trade partners, etc...but I do not want to be like them.

tommieharris91
6/26/2008, 01:58 AM
Normally, I would dismiss an RLIMC thread as falsehoods and propaganda. This one isn't. The article a very good read. Many European countries are facing negative GDP growth and a slowing housing market just like we are. They are also facing high inflation for the same reasons we are. Many of their countries do face naturally high unemployment rates because of stricter minimum wage policies and other employment laws. We should worry about ourselves first, especially when it comes to electing leaders.

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 05:46 AM
Normally, I would dismiss an RLIMC thread as falsehoods and propaganda. This one isn't. The article a very good read. Many European countries are facing negative GDP growth and a slowing housing market just like we are. They are also facing high inflation for the same reasons we are. Many of their countries do face naturally high unemployment rates because of stricter minimum wage policies and other employment laws. We should worry about ourselves first, especially when it comes to electing leaders.

So I should Like read this link ?

Okla-homey
6/26/2008, 05:59 AM
In other news...Kim Jung Il appears to have endorsed BHO.;)
The Obamessiah must ask himself once again: Why do all these anti-American tyrants keep s…um, endorsing my candidacy?

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/06/22/yes-the-ultimate-obama-endorsement/

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/3341/tennysonroneryendorsemekt5.png

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 06:26 AM
So I should Like read this link ?

Anyone ? Bueler ?

SanJoaquinSooner
6/26/2008, 09:06 AM
Anyone ? Bueler ?

Yes, it's referring to conservative Thomas Sowell, not Obama.

KC//CRIMSON
6/26/2008, 09:19 AM

http://ronpaulblogs.com/files/2008/03/mccain_wow.jpg

6/26/2008, 09:55 AM
So I should Like read this link ?Thomas Sowell is IMO the leading conservative black journalist/author. This is a fairly predictable position for him, and one I certainly agree with. For some reason, the left doesn't usually mention him in their attacks against conservative spokesmen.

soonerscuba
6/26/2008, 09:57 AM
I don't aim to mimic Europe, but the fact that they have surpassed us in career upward mobility, standard of living, life expectancy, and primary and secondary education should send up a red flag to Americans. Hell, the EU is now the largest market in the world. We don't need to model ourselves off of Europe, but to bang a xenophobic drum and bury our head in the sand will be a big, big mistake.

r5TPsooner
6/26/2008, 09:59 AM
I hear that Obama has a summer home in Cuba.

NormanPride
6/26/2008, 10:28 AM
America has always thrived by taking the best from everyone else and doing it bigger. Why not do the same with Europe now?

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 10:36 AM
If I read this after yall say I should and Its Stupid Im gonna Neg Ya !

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 10:40 AM
Well Hell
I read 2 sentences or so
The Damn thing started Talking about Tigers and shat. I aint reading that Racist Sambo crap .

sooner_born_1960
6/26/2008, 10:45 AM
I'm glad I refrained from endorsing the article. Neg them all, Vet.

Okla-homey
6/26/2008, 11:47 AM
I don't aim to mimic Europe, but the fact that they have surpassed us in career upward mobility, standard of living, life expectancy, and primary and secondary education should send up a red flag to Americans. Hell, the EU is now the largest market in the world. We don't need to model ourselves off of Europe, but to bang a xenophobic drum and bury our head in the sand will be a big, big mistake.

scoobs,

Here's the thing though. Europeans are like college students. They live all crammed together. They don't have a lot of cash. They walk and ride bikes to most places. If they get sick they go to "student health." And they rely on their daddy to pay their big bills.

No thanks. I'd rather be a grown-up.

sooner_born_1960
6/26/2008, 11:50 AM
Standard of living? Please.

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 11:55 AM
I read sompun about Tigers and Lil black sambos .
That aint the Kinda Life I look forward to .

JohnnyMack
6/26/2008, 12:00 PM
Here's the thing though. Europeans are like college students. They live all crammed together. They don't have a lot of cash. They walk and ride bikes to most places.

Paris or Tulsa? Paris or Tulsa? Hmmmm.....tough choice.

sooner_born_1960
6/26/2008, 12:01 PM
Paris or Tulsa? Paris or Tulsa? Hmmmm.....tough choice.
It wouldn't be for me.

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 12:08 PM
It wouldn't be for me.

No shat Bro If you Lived In Paris and your Bikecycle Broke . You could Just thow it away wait Fer the Next Frenchy to Come BY On a Bikecycle. Yell at Him and Point your Finger like a gun . Bikes yours Homes your good to go
NOw In Tulsa on the Other hand , your ****ed .:D

soonerscuba
6/26/2008, 12:27 PM
scoobs,

Here's the thing though. Europeans are like college students. They live all crammed together. They don't have a lot of cash. They walk and ride bikes to most places. If they get sick they go to "student health." And they rely on their daddy to pay their big bills.

No thanks. I'd rather be a grown-up.
Apparently the college students at BP, Airbus, Siemens, VW, Shell, etc. Have figured out how to put down their bongs and Aracade Fire CDs long enough to jump up to the level of US stalwarts. I think your view of Europeans is a tad simplistic, given that they actually have a larger market than the US now. Also, the global shift of capital to the Euro instead of the Dollar is also bad news for Americans. So while we think that they are commies on Vespas, the are replacing us as the driving economic force in the global economy. Like I said, I don't think we should mimic, but the American market does need to be a bit more agile in terms of our product output, thank God for the Silicon Valley.

Okla-homey
6/26/2008, 12:44 PM
Apparently the college students at BP, Airbus, Siemens, VW, Shell, etc. Have figured out how to put down their bongs and Aracade Fire CDs long enough to jump up to the level of US stalwarts. I think your view of Europeans is a tad simplistic, given that they actually have a larger market than the US now. Also, the global shift of capital to the Euro instead of the Dollar is also bad news for Americans. So while we think that they are commies on Vespas, the are replacing us as the driving economic force in the global economy. Like I said, I don't think we should mimic, but the American market does need to be a bit more agile in terms of our product output, thank God for the Silicon Valley.

granted and point taken. I just wouldn't want to live like the average Johannes, Juan or Jean lives.

tommieharris91
6/26/2008, 12:48 PM

That's funny. Even George Soros says the USD will remain the reserve currency.

Condescending Sooner
6/26/2008, 12:50 PM

Where do you get the idea they have surpassed us in standard of living? I take it you haven't been to Europe.

Also, I am not convinced about secondary ed either. There is a ton of foreigners scrambling to attend college in the US.

Okla-homey
6/26/2008, 12:54 PM
Where do you get the idea they have surpassed us in standard of living? I take it you haven't been to Europe.

Also, I am not convinced about secondary ed either. There is a ton of foreigners scrambling to attend college in the US.

some of that may be due to the fact the government gets to decide who goes to college. I'm certain its that way in Germany. Maybe other countries too.

soonerscuba
6/26/2008, 12:55 PM
That's funny. Even George Soros says the USD will remain the reserve currency.
I'm not saying that the Euro will certainly replace the Dollar as the reserve currency, simply that the Euro is trending up a hell of a lot faster than the Dollar. And for what's worth, Greenspan shares my concern.

soonerscuba
6/26/2008, 12:56 PM
Secondary= post primary (Jr and High School).

American colleges are to this day, without a doubt, the best in the world.

Okla-homey
6/26/2008, 12:57 PM
I'm not saying that the Euro will certainly replace the Dollar as the reserve currency, simply that the Euro is trending up a hell of a lot faster than the Dollar. And for what's worth, Greenspan shares my concern.

I wish we got go whole hawg on nuclear for electricity production like they have. That cheap juice also opens up fascinating prospects like high speed rail. Imagine, KC to Dallas in five hours on a train.

JohnnyMack
6/26/2008, 12:58 PM

The Iranians made the switch for their oil trading.

Okla-homey
6/26/2008, 12:59 PM
American colleges are to this day, without a doubt, the best in the world.

on the brains of non-American science and engineering profs.;)

shaun4411
6/26/2008, 01:07 PM

ditto to that. im german. take it from me, we have it better here in the usa. just simple things like good customer service, and air conditioning are things that arent readily available there. we have bigger roads, bigger cars, bigger houses, more money, cheaper gas, and more money to spend. in germany, the nominal income tax rate is about 48%. and the VAT is 19%. 67% of your money goes to the government to help fund the high unemployment rate, and benefits to them and give free health benefits to every hobo with a cough. but sure, if you twist your ankle walking to work, you can get someone to look at it free with in a couple weeks. for sure.

here, the average income earner can have a nice car and a nice house. there, its only for the higher earners. i dont consider that a higher standard of living. but that's just me.

tommieharris91
6/26/2008, 01:14 PM
The Iranians made the switch for their oil trading.

Actually, all the OPEC countries that hate the US trade oil in euros now.

Curly Bill
6/26/2008, 02:03 PM
I hear that Obama has a summer home in Mecca.

Fixed

shaun4411
6/26/2008, 02:05 PM
mecca isnt a great place to have a summer home. too hot.

Sooner_Havok
6/26/2008, 02:55 PM

Didn't Bushy just say that Ole Kim Jung Il is a heck of a guy now? Or something? I know he at least said he ain't a terrorist no more.

6/27/2008, 02:41 AM
mecca isnt a great place to have a summer home. too hot.Mecca, California, the northern gateway to the Salton Sea. Hot as Bullhead City, I think.

shaun4411
6/30/2008, 07:14 PM
ive been to bullhead city, absolutely ridiculous. i once found a scorpion in the bathtub.