PDA

View Full Version : Phil Loadholt Arrested?

Crimson Kid
6/25/2008, 09:21 PM
Read over on the other board the phil got busted for DUI and open container.

Phil is 21, so it's not that bad. well tell coach gets ahold of him.

would have posted link but wasn't sure about posting a link for the other place.

Curly Bill
6/25/2008, 09:22 PM
How much would he have to drink to be DUI? Like a barrel full?

soonerloyal
6/25/2008, 09:24 PM
Can't find anything about it on the news yet, but OUInsider posts going on. If the Cleveland Co. Courthouse site wasn't down, it'd be easier to confirm:

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oci...8&db=Cleveland

CrapCrapCrap. :mad:

State of Oklahoma v. Loadholt, Phillip No. CM-2008-1612
(Criminal Misdemeanor)

Filed: 06/25/2008

Crimson Kid
6/25/2008, 09:25 PM

lmao!!

Curly Bill
6/25/2008, 09:26 PM
lmao!!

thank you, thank you very much

JLEW1818
6/25/2008, 09:35 PM
No idea what ya'll are talking about but its just a Criminal Misdemeanor. Not a felony? I know its bad , but could be worse??????

RedstickSooner
6/25/2008, 09:39 PM
Open container? Are you friggin' kiddin' me?

Man, I hope he didn't jaywalk, too. :rolleyes:

Look, I know any members of the popo we have here on the boards will neg me for this -- but the *only* time you should cite someone for open container is when you just want to dogpile the poor bastard with extra citations because they did something super-******y.

'Course, the site is down, so I have no idea precisely what he's accused with.

I just put open container violations in the same family as, say, failure to signal. Should you signal? Yeah. Does failure to do so require an arrest? No. Not unless you've done something else, too.

Like rape & murder a toddler.

JLEW1818
6/25/2008, 09:39 PM
You cant get a DUI if your 21 years old, at least in the state of texas. You can only get a DWI if your 21 and up. If your high on weed or drugs then yes you can get a DUI. If your under 21 and have sip of alcohol on your breath you get an automatic DUI. If your 21 and above 0.08 you get a DWI. If your under 21 and above .08 you get a DWI.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/25/2008, 09:42 PM

lovely

soonerfan28
6/25/2008, 09:43 PM
jlew could you have made that more confusing. Just kidding. He's at least 21 and it's not like he was selling drugs or had any on him, so who cares. What college kid doesn't drink. I heard he drank two kegs.:D

JLEW1818
6/25/2008, 09:46 PM
lol sorry bout that yall. It was a big debate with me and my friends. And yes I bet the dude can drink some serious beer.

XFollower
6/25/2008, 09:46 PM
It would take a keg to buzz him, what are you worried about?

Ground_Attack
6/25/2008, 09:47 PM
Phil is 21, so it's not that bad.

What is that supposed to mean? DUI or DWI are both inexcusable whether you are 16 or 116. There is no excuse for it. Can he go an get hammered? Sure although it would probably take a keg or two. Just find another ride.

soonerloyal
6/25/2008, 09:47 PM
I was just too slow retyping the info. It's hell to be old and easily confused, dagnabbit.

When I was searching the net for backup info, his arrest for disorderly conduct while at GCCC in 2006 came up.

Hey, Phil sweetie - get it together, hon. You're a Sooner now.

boomersooner28
6/25/2008, 09:49 PM
You cant get a DUI if your 21 years old, at least in the state of texas. You can only get a DWI if your 21 and up. If your high on weed or drugs then yes you can get a DUI. If your under 21 and have sip of alcohol on your breath you get an automatic DUI. If your 21 and above 0.08 you get a DWI. If your under 21 and above .08 you get a DWI.

jlew, Texas and Oklahoma are completely different when it comes to this. A DWI in Texas is a DUI in Oklahoma for some reason...it's weird.

soonerfan28
6/25/2008, 09:49 PM
Is it an open container or DUI/DWI?

RedstickSooner
6/25/2008, 09:50 PM
Jeeze, Southlake. I was trying to pick a crime so over-the-top it served as absurdity.

Would you prefer setting retired volunteer firemen on fire? How about passing a bogus $50 at a lemonade stand? Or, lessee... Hiding thumbtacks in braile editions of the Bible?

Seriously -- which crime would be over-the-top enough to satisfy my absurdity requirements, without offending your sensibilities?

There's no crime wave of toddler sex-crime homicide. I'm sure such crimes occur -- but I avoid sensationalist journalism, hence, I don't hear about them (unless I'm foolish or desperate enough to journey to the South Oval.)

It's sorta like when Eddie Izzard talks about sticking babies on posts... If that actually triggered a dark image in your mind, you're probably watching the news too often. You should stop. It's bad for you.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/25/2008, 10:08 PM
Jeeze, Southlake. I was trying to pick a crime so over-the-top it served as absurdity.

Would you prefer setting retired volunteer firemen on fire? How about passing a bogus $50 at a lemonade stand? Or, lessee... Hiding thumbtacks in braile editions of the Bible?

Seriously -- which crime would be over-the-top enough to satisfy my absurdity requirements, without offending your sensibilities?

There's no crime wave of toddler sex-crime homicide. I'm sure such crimes occur -- but I avoid sensationalist journalism, hence, I don't hear about them (unless I'm foolish or desperate enough to journey to the South Oval.)

It's sorta like when Eddie Izzard talks about sticking babies on posts... If that actually triggered a dark image in your mind, you're probably watching the news too often. You should stop. It's bad for you.

no worries holmes...I got the over the overthetopedness.

but although you were trying to be so over the top that it would be absurd to believe you were really that dark...it still warrants the response.....

...lovely

Crimson Kid
6/25/2008, 10:09 PM
What is that supposed to mean? DUI or DWI are both inexcusable whether you are 16 or 116. There is no excuse for it. Can he go an get hammered? Sure although it would probably take a keg or two. Just find another ride.

Meaning he's not underage, which would make it worse.

JLEW1818
6/25/2008, 10:20 PM
jlew, Texas and Oklahoma are completely different when it comes to this. A DWI in Texas is a DUI in Oklahoma for some reason...it's weird.

oh ok. sorry about that then.

RedstickSooner
6/25/2008, 10:56 PM
no worries holmes...I got the over the overthetopedness.

but although you were trying to be so over the top that it would be absurd to believe you were really that dark...it still warrants the response.....

...lovely

Oh, fine. I guess it does :eek:

boomersooner28
6/25/2008, 10:59 PM
and finally.....Spek Trivia:

How many pairs of handcuffs does it take to arrest Phil Loadholt?

JLEW1818
6/25/2008, 11:02 PM
6?

Rhino
6/26/2008, 12:06 AM
From NewsOK (http://newsok.com/ou-lineman-loadholt-arrested/article/3262374/?tm=1214455244):

Wed June 25, 2008
OU lineman Loadholt arrested
By Scott Wright
Staff Writer

NORMAN — Oklahoma offensive lineman Phil Loadholt was arrested Saturday along Interstate 35 on suspicion of driving under the influence and for allegedly transporting an open container, both criminal misdemeanor charges.

Kenny Mossman, OU senior associate athletics director in charge of communications, said he did not expect coach Bob Stoops to comment on the arrest. Loadholt, 6-foot-8 and 350 pounds from Fountain, Colo., is a senior and the starting left tackle on the Sooners’ offensive line.

The situation likely will be handled internally and it is not expected that Loadholt, 22, will be dismissed from the team.

This is Loadholt’s second arrest in two years, but first coming to OU in January 2007. In September 2006, during his sophomore year at Garden City (Kan.) Community College, Loadholt was arrested on allegations of disorderly conduct in Manhattan, Kan.

Fraggle145
6/26/2008, 12:13 AM

You have never, EVER, EVER, drove after one too many?! I call bull****.

If so you are a better man than most of the board.:confused:

Collier11
6/26/2008, 12:48 AM
Could be a 1st rd pick and you do something stupid like this, I am always defending players for getting too much scrutiny but you have to think about your future when you are so darn close.

Having said that, I have said on here before that I am very thankful that in my stupider days I didnt hurt others or myself cus I know I drove when I shouldnt have a few times

JLEW1818
6/26/2008, 01:06 AM
Sucks, its going to be all over the espn web page tomorrow.

Octavian
6/26/2008, 01:24 AM
Some guy in Chattanooga, Tennessee just got an early Christmas present

47straight
6/26/2008, 01:26 AM
Young men are just plain idiots sometimes. If nothing else works - like appeals for public safety, team pride, personal pride - put up a picture of Cedric Benson in his locker and say "YOU CAN LOSE MILLIONS FOR THIS DUMBASS ****!"

JLEW1818
6/26/2008, 01:50 AM
No excuses but at least its not a felony.

rainiersooner
6/26/2008, 02:06 AM
Yawn.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/26/2008, 04:12 AM
Agree Raniersooner...

Today a DUI is a third rail charge...Don't get me wrong, it shouldn't be done, but I think there is a lot of emotion behind the charge and the consequences. Again, it shouldn't be done and drunk drivers are hideous and have created immense havoc.

He was charged with suspicion of DUI so that either means he refused a test, he sort of passed a field sobriety test, but because of the open container there is suspicion... not sure about that though, but he'll lose his license for 6 months and will be a few gran lighter after lawyers and the state mandated fines...

And I chuckled, it probably would take a keg to give him a buzz...

I wonder how many Fulmer Cup points this will be...

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 05:33 AM

Yup !;)

BermudaSooner
6/26/2008, 06:57 AM
DUI and open container. Come on guys, knock this sh*t off.

http://newsok.com/ou-lineman-loadholt-arrested/article/3262380/?tm=1214460001

oops, sorry, now I see the other thread. Flame away..

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 07:16 AM
DUI and open container. Come on guys, knock this sh*t off.

http://newsok.com/ou-lineman-loadholt-arrested/article/3262380/?tm=1214460001

oops, sorry, now I see the other thread. Flame away..

You Sharp as a Bowling Ball Aint ya ?;)

Theskipster
6/26/2008, 07:20 AM
Agree Raniersooner...

I wonder how many Fulmer Cup points this will be...

2 points.

This will put OU tied for 39th place this year and move us from 63rd to 49th in all time points.

Boomer.....
6/26/2008, 07:21 AM
I wonder why this took so long to get out? It happened on Saturday.

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 07:23 AM
I wonder why this took so long to get out? It happened on Saturday.

Slow News Day ?

soonerfan28
6/26/2008, 07:55 AM
I'm sure he's the only college student to ever get a DUI.

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 08:07 AM
I'm sure he's the only college student to ever get a DUI.

Maybe it will stop some of the False starts?

Bone
6/26/2008, 08:10 AM
crap

47straight
6/26/2008, 08:26 AM
If he refused to blow, then he's one clever trevor.

Collier11
6/26/2008, 08:29 AM
Yup !;)

what havent you done after one to many? ;) I think what you have done most is proceed to have 2 to many and so on! :D

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 08:37 AM
what havent you done after one to many? ;) I think what you have done most is proceed to have 2 to many and so on! :D

Are you JUdging Me ?:D :D :D :D :D :D
Ive Have NEVAR had 1 to many, Maybe 1 to less ?:D :D :D :D :D :D

Collier11
6/26/2008, 08:40 AM
there just isnt enough out there to keep you happy, but thats cus youre sharing with me

badger
6/26/2008, 08:43 AM
Flame away..
:hot:

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 09:10 AM
Please Lawd Tell Me this aint Tru !

KingDavid
6/26/2008, 09:30 AM

Man. This is ripe material for a farq but I haven't the skillz.

Right now I'm picturing the team of Budweiser clydesdales pulling the beer-wagon with a grand ole' photo of Loadholdt farqed in as the lead horse.

Collier11
6/26/2008, 09:36 AM
You just ruined the surprise jerk!

KingDavid
6/26/2008, 09:39 AM
and finally.....Spek Trivia:

How many pairs of handcuffs does it take to arrest Phil Loadholt?

I'm thinking at least two. He has too much girth to put them on behind his back. So he'd need the "Fugitive" set up with one pair on the ankles linked to a second pair on the wrist.

That's my best guess, if I'm really trying to guess an actual number.

On the humorous/joke side, I'd probably have to guess zero. That's one big mother. There's only one way to arrest a guy like that:

"M-M-Mr. Loadholdt, w-w-w-would you m-m-mind, p-p-p-lease, if I were to place you under arrest?"

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 09:39 AM

KD is such an ******* !:mad:

KingDavid
6/26/2008, 09:40 AM
:D

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 09:42 AM
I'm thinking at least two. He has too much girth to put them on behind his back. So he'd need the "Fugitive" set up with one pair on the ankles linked to a second pair on the wrist.

That's my best guess, if I'm really trying to guess an actual number.

On the humorous/joke side, I'd probably have to guess zero. That's one big mother. There's only one way to arrest a guy like that:

"M-M-Mr. Loadholdt, w-w-w-would you m-m-mind, p-p-p-lease, if I were to place you under arrest?"

I was a Cop a LOng time ago
Arrested an ole Boy about that Big
Just Pulled My 357
Said Get urASSin the Back seat and Stay there till I tell ya to get Out !
Worked !

KingDavid
6/26/2008, 09:42 AM
KD is such an ******* !:mad:

Hey, look: ******* is not getting censored.

Damn. That feels good. I've been wanting to unleash some good cursing on this site for a good while now!;)

(Man, I really am an *******, aren't I?)

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 09:45 AM
Hey, look: ******* is not getting censored.

Damn. That feels good. I've been wanting to unleash some good cursing on this site for a good while now!;)

(Man, I really am an *******, aren't I?)

Yes you are
Any other questions ?

KingDavid
6/26/2008, 09:46 AM
I was a Cop a LOng time ago
Arrested an ole Boy about that Big
Just Pulled My 357
Said Get urASSin the Back seat and Stay there till I tell ya to get Out !
Worked !

Bada-bing. That's zero hand-cuffs! I forgot about the old packing heat thing.

Personally, I would go for the "ask me nicely" approach first . . . whilst patting my "l'il friend" on my hip, I suppose.

KingDavid
6/26/2008, 09:48 AM
Yes you are
Any other questions ?

Just trying out a couple other favorites to see if they work temporarily, too.

KingDavid
6/26/2008, 09:50 AM

Nope. Oh well . . .

Well, "***" is a nice addition to "dammit." We're moving in the right direction, at least.;)

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 09:50 AM

Some words Only work In conjunction , then again Most dont !

Collier11
6/26/2008, 09:57 AM
:D

Forgiven!

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 10:01 AM
Forgiven!

What he dosent ****ing understand Is all this **** he thinks he cant ****ing type he can **** on it and Type what ever kinds **** or **** or ****ing what ever he wants The filter will Take care Of it ! :P

KingDavid
6/26/2008, 10:01 AM
Some words Only work In conjunction , then again Most dont !

I see what you mean. My stand-alone a$$ got star-bleeped.

(Sidenote: threadjack successful.):pop:

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 10:03 AM
I see what you mean. My stand-alone a$$ got star-bleeped.

(Sidenote: threadjack successful.):pop:

Wast that the Goal ?

JLEW1818
6/26/2008, 10:47 AM
Maybe it will stop some of the False starts?

NOW THATS FUNNY!

KingDavid
6/26/2008, 10:54 AM
Wast that the Goal ?

No.

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 10:58 AM
No.

If thread Jacking wasnt the Goal, then what the Hell we doing ?:confused: :eek: :pop:

KingDavid
6/26/2008, 11:41 AM
If thread Jacking wasnt the Goal, then what the Hell we doing ?:confused: :eek: :pop:

:confused: Good question. I suppose we're leaving this dead thread for other more interesting ones . . .

TheUnnamedSooner
6/26/2008, 11:47 AM
I knew it! I'm surrounded by *******s!

sooner94
6/26/2008, 02:30 PM
Randon Thought- Do you think standard size handcuffs would fit on Loadholt?

Rumor has it, they had to use tire chains on him.

oudivesherpa
6/26/2008, 02:35 PM
Open container? Are you friggin' kiddin' me?

Man, I hope he didn't jaywalk, too. :rolleyes:

Look, I know any members of the popo we have here on the boards will neg me for this -- but the *only* time you should cite someone for open container is when you just want to dogpile the poor bastard with extra citations because they did something super-******y.

'Course, the site is down, so I have no idea precisely what he's accused with.

I just put open container violations in the same family as, say, failure to signal. Should you signal? Yeah. Does failure to do so require an arrest? No. Not unless you've done something else, too.

If you've ever lived in Norman, you know how the cops are out to get the students and especially football players. Let's face it if the students ever got organized and voted as a block, every offical in Norman would be out of a job. I got an MBA at OU almost 40 years ago and my son got his degree from OU 5 years ago, nothing has changed in all those years, the Norman PD love to make life miserable for students. I'll bet at least half the posters on this site have had a run in with the Norman cops (most just basic harassment--why were you out so late, have you been drinking--What kind of question is that?) Was I drinking officer? Hell, I go to OU not ORU!

Flagstaffsooner
6/26/2008, 02:53 PM
Two Big Fulmer Cup Points (http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2008/06/26/fulmer-cupdate-tipsy-tackles-tippling-treacherously/)

SOONERxWife73
6/26/2008, 11:06 PM
tire chains. lol.

Ground_Attack
6/27/2008, 06:25 AM

I have never been behind the wheel after having even close to too much alcohol. Err on the side of caution or don't drink and its not a problem.

TexasLidig8r
6/27/2008, 07:07 AM
You know, I recall the wailng and gnashing of teeth on here last year when Melton and Kindle got popped for DWI last year. Mack suspended both of them for 3 games.

Will be interesting to see what Stoopsie does in this case.

OUDoc
6/27/2008, 08:31 AM
You know, I recall the wailng and gnashing of teeth on here last year when Melton and Kindle got popped for DWI last year. Mack suspended both of them for 3 games.

Good for Mack, what would he do without........who are they? I assume they played for texas last year.

Collier11
6/27/2008, 08:37 AM

Didnt they get in trouble more than once though?

UTgolfer
6/27/2008, 09:27 AM
Didnt they get in trouble more than once though?

Nope...first time for each

RedstickSooner
6/27/2008, 09:58 AM
If you've ever lived in Norman, you know how the cops are out to get the students and especially football players. Let's face it if the students ever got organized and voted as a block, every offical in Norman would be out of a job. I got an MBA at OU almost 40 years ago and my son got his degree from OU 5 years ago, nothing has changed in all those years, the Norman PD love to make life miserable for students. I'll bet at least half the posters on this site have had a run in with the Norman cops (most just basic harassment--why were you out so late, have you been drinking--What kind of question is that?) Why was I drinking officer? Hell, I go to OU not ORU!

Generally speaking, I'm all for law & order. That being said, I think it's a bit obnoxious for any college town's police force not to adopt an informal policy of cutting college kids at least a *bit* of leeway.

Pretty sure we have some Norman PD here on the boards -- so they'll probably reply that, yes, they *do* cut the kids some slack. I just happen to think that I have a different notion of slack from that which the NPD use.

Just based on the things our players have been busted for, it seems NPD use a pretty rigid standard. Like when Everage got popped for a rolling stop (at least, I think that's what he got busted for on that last arrest, yeah?)

Guess what Norman *really* needs is some actual crime to occupy the popo, eh? :D

And, honestly, law & order types -- I ain't bashin'. Just suggesting that the "minor" offenses are mostly present so you can lengthen the charges when you catch someone for something important. And, when I first went off on the open container thing, it was in a thread that didn't mention the DUI. In all actuality, in this case, adding the open container charge is perfect application of the dogpile technique. If Loadholdt seemed drunk (but wouldn't co-operate) then, sure, cite him for the open container as well as suspicion of DUI.

I just hope that it wasn't a case of, "Guy is driving too late to be up to anything good. Let's pull him over and see if we can find a reason to arrest him. Oh, look - a beer. He must be drunk. Busted."

I don't think it's so far-fetched to say that someone has never driven drunk. I never have. Doesn't mean I'm a saint. In all honesty, if I drink, I just make sure someone else drives -- and that doesn't mean *they* are sober. However, since I've never driven drunk, I generally presume that whoever I'm with is better at it than I would be. Weird personal moral code, yeah? Not even sure if you could call it moral. Or a code. Similarly, if you lived in a proper city (with decent mass transit), no reason to drive drunk then, either. Outside of cities with subways & the like, I suppose the majority of drinkers have to drive tipsy at some point. Doesn't make the act defensible or excusable, though. What we *really* need is more suburban neighborhood bars -- so we could all stagger home on foot :D

Collier11
6/27/2008, 10:13 AM
Nope...first time for each

well we will see. Thats funny that Mack suspends them for DUI for 3 games and has all these drug runners in the program...just sayin. Im sure Stoops will take care of it though

UTgolfer
6/27/2008, 10:47 AM
well we will see. Thats funny that Mack suspends them for DUI for 3 games and has all these drug runners in the program...just sayin. Im sure Stoops will take care of it though

Drug runners? As in possession with intent to distribute? Please provide a list of players accused/indicted of that charge.

47straight
6/27/2008, 11:41 AM
Drug runners? As in possession with intent to distribute? Please provide a list of players accused/indicted of that charge.

The following announcement, which by the way didn't make headlines here like I'm sure Loadholdt's DUI made headlines on hornfans/orangebloods, was for home invasion/robbery related to a drugs.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/062608kvueUTplayers-cb.409a909a.html

Now shoo.

47straight
6/27/2008, 11:46 AM

If I recall correctly, Melton and Kindle's DWIs were after a full off-season of double-digit incidents. I think Mack had to do that to reign in an out-of-control program for his own sake. The team punishments for off-the-field incidents are as much for the other players as for the guilty party themselves. Suspension may or may not be a necessary punishment, depending upon the kid but also the program.

-Edit- The DWI's happened before some of the really heinous stuff later in the summer. Wanted to make sure the record was accurate, Lid. ;)

Rhino
6/27/2008, 12:45 PM
Didnt they get in trouble more than once though? Nope. Just once each.

Four of the other five Horns arrested last summer only got in trouble once too. Tyrell Gatewood got popped twice.

Collier11
6/27/2008, 12:52 PM
Trust me, im not saying Big Phil shouldnt get in trouble, I just personally view DUI as less of an offense than Drug and weapons related charges...JMO though

JLEW1818
6/27/2008, 01:09 PM
Trust me, im not saying Big Phil shouldnt get in trouble, I just personally view DUI as less of an offense than Drug and weapons related charges...JMO though

Agree. Even a DWI is not a felony.

47straight
6/27/2008, 01:27 PM

But it's still a relatively big offense in the context of the current OU football program.

JLEW1818
6/27/2008, 01:30 PM
Still has not hit ESPN yet? I can't find it anywhere on there. Which I guess is a good thing.

Collier11
6/27/2008, 01:44 PM
But it's still a relatively big offense in the context of the current OU football program.

Two points

1) I agree, not only is he embarrassing OU when we dont need it, he is hurting his reputation for future big bucks and he is putting people inanger including hisself

2) I think people that are judging athletes greater than the rest of us are dead wrong and are huge hipocrites. While they do represent the "University", I represent myself and my family and that is a bigger deal to me. People screw up, athletes and the rest of us

KingDavid
6/27/2008, 08:59 PM

Lawdy, Lid. Is it possible that we're being baited into a "compare the coaches" dialogue, here?

If so, I'd like to throw out some other REALLY IMPORTANT criteria alongside of the "how long does he suspend his players for alcohol offenses?" category you've offered up for consideration.

I mean, I want to only talk about the TRULY IMPORTANT things. So right off the bat, we need to get rid of trivial matters such as head-to-head record, or conference championships, and so forth. No, we need to get hard-core on this one, and see how they stack up on what really matters - things like:

- Who claps the hardest on the side-line when things go wrong on the field?
- Who has the most touching prayer in the post-game huddle?
- Who is gentler with orphaned puppies? And let's not forget,
- Who has the neatest hand-writing?

I mean, you're right, Lid. Why not just dig into the nuts and bolts of the matter and settle this comparison debate once and for all?

Well, you can count at least one Sooner "IN" on that project.

You do like you said and keep count of the "suspension days."

I'll handle the hand-writing evaluation.

Does anyone have a clicker and want to help out the clap-counting? We also need a Pastor-type and pet enthusiast to help with the prayer review and puppy-treatment analyses, respectively.

Any takers?

Jdog
6/27/2008, 09:06 PM
College kids - and pros that play football get arrested. My Psyc prof use to say it was because they were all immature. I thinks it’s because their junior alcoholics looking for attention.

soonerfan28
6/27/2008, 09:10 PM
Yes Mack suspended them, but it was for games against such powerhouses as Ark St., TCU, and UCF.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/27/2008, 09:58 PM

wasnt one of them past out asleep in the front seat with a loaded "9" is lap too? Or is that another whorn arrest Im mixing in?

TexasLidig8r
6/27/2008, 11:12 PM
Lawdy, Lid. Is it possible that we're being baited into a "compare the coach" dialogue, here?

If so, I'd like to throw out some other REALLY IMPORTANT criteria alongside of the "how long does he suspend his players for alcohol offenses?" category you've offered up for consideration.

I mean, I want to only talk about the TRULY IMPORTANT things. So right off the bat, we need to get rid of trivial matters such as head-to-head record, or conference championships, and so forth. No, we need to get hard-core on this one, and see how they stack up on what really matters - things like:

- Who claps the hardest on the side-line when things go wrong on the field?
- Who has the most touching prayer in the post-game huddle?
- Who is gentler with orphaned puppies? And let's not forget,
- Who has the neatest hand-writing?

I mean, you're right, Lid. Why not just dig into the nuts and bolts of the matter and settle this comparison debate once and for all?

Well, you can count at least one Sooner "IN" on that project.

You do like you said and keep count of the "suspension days."

I'll handle the hand-writing evaluation.

Does anyone have a clicker and want to help out the clap-counting? We also need a Pastor-type and pet enthusiast to help with the prayer review and puppy-treatment analyses, respectively. Any takers?

Care to focus on the issue and question at hand or continue to blather on with banalities?

With a shoplifting charge before a bowl game in late December... and welcoming a recruit popped with a stolen gun on high school property, it should be interesting to see what the OU coaching staff does.

Mack cracked down... those who committed the most heinous crimes will never play ball at Texas. The DUIs were handled with 3 game suspensions.. oh... and a player who merely drove a friend's car in the spring was also suspended for 3 games... but you really don't want to go into car issues...

Let's see what Stoops does.

olevetonahill
6/27/2008, 11:15 PM
Lid what Admin had pity on you and turned you green ?

KingDavid
6/28/2008, 12:11 AM
Care to focus on the issue and question at hand or continue to blather on with banalities?

With a shoplifting charge before a bowl game in late December... and welcoming a recruit popped with a stolen gun on high school property, it should be interesting to see what the OU coaching staff does.

Mack cracked down... those who committed the most heinous crimes will never play ball at Texas. The DUIs were handled with 3 game suspensions.. oh... and a player who merely drove a friend's car in the spring was also suspended for 3 games... but you really don't want to go into car issues...

Let's see what Stoops does.

You're a MANIAC, Lid. Our project is only an hour old, and you're already EXPANDING your scope to include dismissals.

It's inspiring, I tell you. Damn inspiring.

I'm going to take my side up a notch, too. Not only will I provide a full review of their handwriting, but I'm going to include a comparison of grammar and punctuation, to boot.

Let's BREAK THIS THING DOWN!!!!

I'M FIRED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hot:

-KD

(Hey, Lid, tell me what you think about this: how about, just for grins, we toss in a few "bonus points" for the Coach who wins in Dallas next year?

Naahh! You're right. Let's stick to what matters. No need to focus on those . . . . what was the word you used? . . . oh yes . . . "banalities" . . . like "winning" or "Big XII Trophies." We need to focus on the more substantive matters like off-the-field discipline standards and procedures.)

douxpaysan
6/28/2008, 12:51 PM
Word is the trooper was only going to give Phil a warning. But when the big guy tried to drive off he had two false starts and the fuzz decided to nail him...

OU-HSV
6/28/2008, 01:18 PM
Okay, I haven't been on here the last couple days.
Saw this thread. Can someone update me with the "facts" so I don't have to search through this thread and all it's side arguments, etc.
TIA

olevetonahill
6/28/2008, 04:36 PM
I dont think there have been any FACTS .
Just sayin

SoonerinSouthlake
6/28/2008, 11:58 PM
I dont think there have been any FACTS .
Just sayin

fact: a kid did something stupid
fact: Whorn fans think he should be suspended for a career...Soonerfans think he should run some sprints and be done

fact: He will get some summer news and then play in game 1 (maybe a first series on the bench)

of course all of these facts are strictly my opinion

olevetonahill
6/29/2008, 12:55 AM
fact: Whorn fans think he should be suspended for a career...Soonerfans think he should run some sprints and be done

fact: He will get some summer news and then play in game 1 (maybe a first series on the bench)

Fact : you are addin to rumor
Fact : you provide No linky !

SoonerinSouthlake
6/29/2008, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerinSouthlake

would you say at this point that there is a REALLY good possiblity that he did in fact do something stupid?

would you also surmise that whorn fans would probably like to see our starting OL get more of a punishment than we would like him to get?

from your experience watching bigtime college sports, would say that a wild guess that he will get some really small punishment, like not getting to start the season opener, is really that far off?

finally is it fair to say that when I conclude my post with a statment like "all of these facts are just my opinion", that my tounge is firmly "in cheek"

so......exactly what rumors am I adding to?
:)

Flagstaffsooner
6/29/2008, 12:14 PM
For Olevet http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2008/06/26/fulmer-cupdate-tipsy-tackles-tippling-treacherously/

Flagstaffsooner
6/29/2008, 12:16 PM
and this Olevet http://newsok.com/ou-lineman-loadholt-arrested/article/3262380/?tm=1214460001

SoonerInLubbock
7/7/2008, 06:29 PM
Hmm didn't see this one. Thought that was a lil strange not to see this story burnin up the boards.

StoopTroup
7/7/2008, 06:37 PM
heh....moved.

BigRedJed
7/7/2008, 06:37 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/Merge_sign.svg/600px-Merge_sign.svg.png

rainiersooner
7/10/2008, 01:11 AM
Damnit Venables!

NYC Poke
7/10/2008, 01:47 AM
I'm glad that when I got popped for similar offenses when I was similarly young and stupid, it wasn't in the news other than the police blotter. C'mon, people, these are college kids.