PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't we thank Bomar?

Soonermagik
6/25/2008, 03:08 PM
I know a lot of people on here rip the guy, but seriously we should thank him.

Why do you ask. Well, a lot of other players were on the take and he never gave them up. I know for a matter of fact Bomar knew other players were taking things.

So, before we throw Bomar under the bus completely, maybe we should be glad he didn't go off on OU. Imagine if he would have thrown out other names of players on the take to spite the University. I'm just saying that Bomar could have handled the situation a lot worse.

Anyways, I'm sure I will get flamed for this. :)

yermom
6/25/2008, 03:09 PM
um, yeah...

how do you spell moran?

OKLA21FAN
6/25/2008, 03:12 PM
the deep throat theory applies here

"follow the money"

Bomar could have ratted out whom ever but without the money trail what could the NCAA do? My thought would be if there were others involved , they would have been caught as well.

trey
6/25/2008, 03:14 PM
thanks bomar, we owe you one! :rolleyes:

Soonermagik
6/25/2008, 03:15 PM
um, yeah...

how do you spell moran?

I used to think like you until I was awakened to what is really happening in college football. Actually, of the starting players I would say 80% of them take something they shouldn't. The truth is Bomar took nothing compared to what other players have taken.

After hanging around some of the guys I understand why they do take things. Normally in our society if someone wants to give you something no one cares. The reason is we live in a capitalist society, and if someone wants to give you something then that is between you and them. I know college football has rules about this stuff, but that doesn't mean I have to agree. :P

Soonermagik
6/25/2008, 03:17 PM
the deep throat theory applies here

"follow the money"

Bomar could have ratted out whom ever but without the money trail what could the NCAA do? My thought would be if there were others involved , they would have been caught as well.

Trust me, that is a naive statement.

OKLA21FAN
6/25/2008, 03:21 PM
I used to think like you until I was awakened to what is really happening in college football. Actually, of the starting players I would say 80% of them take something they shouldn't. The truth is Bomar took nothing compared to what other players have taken.

After hanging around some of the guys I understand why they do take things. Normally in our society if someone wants to give you something no one cares. The reason is we live in a capitalist society, and if someone wants to give you something then that is between you and them. I know college football has rules about this stuff, but that doesn't mean I have to agree. :P

what we have here, is a crusader!
http://www.azstarnet.com/ss/2007/01/28/166381-1.jpg

OKLA21FAN
6/25/2008, 03:22 PM

<waiting for the black helicopters>

yermom
6/25/2008, 03:22 PM

so what exactly are you trying to accomplish with this enlightening thread?

OUDoc
6/25/2008, 03:25 PM

Kinda what I was thinking. Seems like the kind of thread a troll from another team would start.

Scott D
6/25/2008, 03:29 PM
this should be amusing to watch.

r5TPsooner
6/25/2008, 03:32 PM
If Bomar would have had his head on straight like Bradford, he would have been one of the best OU QB's in history barring injury.

The guy had the determination of a lion and that my friends is something you cannot teach or coach.

He's still a dumbass in my books and completely ****ed his life up. However, I hope he learns and becomes a better person in the end.

Soonermagik
6/25/2008, 03:32 PM

I'm only trying to point out that the guy could have screwed us. I know his name is mud here, but he could have named names that would have really hurt us if you know what I mean.

It is weird to me that he takes all the blame while other players never had anything happen to them. One of our other really good players took a lot more money and he is a legend/hero to our university.

I'm just glad Bomar isn't a vindictive person.

OKLA21FAN
6/25/2008, 03:34 PM
:gary:

badger
6/25/2008, 04:01 PM
Soonermagik represents the lollipop guild.
The lollipop guild.
The lollipop guild.
And in the name of the lollipop guild...
he wishes to welcome you to bull$#!+ land.

bri
6/25/2008, 04:07 PM

To let us know that he hangs out with players. He's cool like that.

Bosley
6/25/2008, 04:19 PM
To let us know that he hangs out with players. He's cool like that.

He has, in his mistakes, still remained loyal to OU as a former player and fan. He said at the OSU SHS game that OSU will always be second rate program compared to OU. He apologized to the fans and the citizens of Oklahoma after the debacle. He was a kid that made some mistakes, and didn't go down with the ship just simply hopped off with an incredible amount of class. He could have wined like a 4 year old but he took responsibility for his actions and moved on. I think we should too. Good luck Brett.

Scott D
6/25/2008, 04:20 PM
He has, in his mistakes, still remained loyal to OU as a former player and fan. He said at the OSU SHS game that OSU will always be second rate program compared to OU. He apologized to the fans and the citizens of Oklahoma after the debacle. He was a kid that made some mistakes, and didn't go down with the ship just simply hopped off with an incredible amount of class. He could have wined like a 4 year old but he took responsibility for his actions and moved on. I think we should too. Good luck Brett.

wow, soonermagik transferred to sam houston state? allsome.

badger
6/25/2008, 04:26 PM
Good luck Brett.

[abc d-list announcing team]That Brett Romar sure can run[/d-list]

sooner94
6/25/2008, 04:36 PM
Speculation doesn't reallly mean much. I have read a couple of interviews in which Bomar has alluded to other things happening that were not discovered. And then people start rumors based on those statements. I think he's just bitter that someone finally told him he can't do whatever he wants. There are actually rules that must be followed. Sorry about that little Bomar. Go back and play in your sandbox.

JLEW1818
6/25/2008, 05:31 PM
BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADF ORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!B RADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFO RD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BR ADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFOR D!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRA DFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD !BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRAD FORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD! BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADF ORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!B RADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFO RD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BR ADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFOR D!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRA DFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD !BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRADFORD!BRAD FORD!

badger
6/25/2008, 05:38 PM
Speculation doesn't reallly mean much. I have read a couple of interviews in which Bomar has alluded to other things happening that were not discovered. And then people start rumors based on those statements. I think he's just bitter that someone finally told him he can't do whatever he wants. There are actually rules that must be followed. Sorry about that little Bomar. Go back and play in your sandbox.

Joking aside, RB was the source of many discussions involving athlete entitlement and privilege for our student gods at major universities. It was discussing where we draw the line and set rules in place to ensure the safety and sanctity of the sport we hold dear, not to mention the safety and control of athletes that are much more famous than the average teenagers almost overnight upon signing a letter of intent.

RB was a case study in such entitlement and privilege. His dad was with him every step of the way throughout high school and that moved into college. RB was an out-of-control star athlete that was used to getting different treatment. His dad's cell phone was on speed dial with major sports writers in the area. He was an underage drinker that would get caught (remember, most of us were liars or admitted underage drinkers in college, but most us liars and admitted underage drinkers also didn't get caught). RB felt himself above the system, which is why he started taking money he didn't earn. JDQ did the same thing.

We shouldn't be thankful for RB, we should be thankful he is gone and if we are thankful for anyone, we should be thankful for Stoops, who does not... stoop to privileged, entitled student-athletes these days and the sliding the rules for stars. President Boren and Joe C. both commended Stoops for coming out and saying that he did not want either player in his program at all after that discovery. Stoops did the right thing.

RB, since getting the boot, has continued to be the entitled son of his father, who seems to still be coaching his son to say and do the right things in mainstream media (after declining many local interviews, he did a national piece with ESPN about a year or so later that was linked on here often). I do not see him as reformed, I see him as well-coached, likely well-coached by daddy who still wants to cash in on his prized son, the one-time top QB five-star recruit in the country.

That's just how I feel, and it probably sounds bitter, but I hope not too bitter. RB had the opportunity of a lifetime that most of us Sooner fans would die for and he blew it through his own arrogance. People make mistakes, but he made the same mistake for about a year.

I hope this experienced has humbled him and he has changed for the better, I sincerely do, but nothing to me has suggested that his public persona is nothing more than a well-coached demeanor to keep his NFL prospects alive.

rainiersooner
6/25/2008, 05:45 PM
Wow, I can't wait for football season to begin (badger's eloquent and spot-on comments notwithstanding).

southern sooner
6/25/2008, 05:45 PM
I am only glad cause we got him out of the way and got to slinging.... sammy

yermom
6/25/2008, 05:48 PM
man, before the 2007 season i was really thinking he screwed us

well, and 2006

hell, our worst season in recent memory was with him at the helm

thanks Bomar!

olevetonahill
6/25/2008, 05:55 PM
I'm only trying to point out that the guy could have screwed us. I know his name is mud here, but he could have named names that would have really hurt us if you know what I mean.

It is weird to me that he takes all the blame while other players never had anything happen to them. One of our other really good players took a lot more money and he is a legend/hero to our university.

Lets see In your 1st Post you said " I (meaning you ) KNOW FOR A FACT"
Now you are saying One Of our players took more .
Give him up , WE didnt want Bomar on the team and we dont want a Bigger cheater.
If in fact you Know all of this , Then you sir are Guilty Of a Crime .

the_ouskull
6/25/2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah, we should thank Bomar. If that kid had stayed at OU for four years, he would have drank all of the beer. I'm glad that he left so that there is some for the rest of us lowly fans.

The consequences of Bomar throwing other players under this alleged bus would have been much, much greater than the individual consequences he suffered by being caught. Have you ever had a large, large man show up at your door, wondering "where his money went," and blaming it on your fast-talkin' mouth? In mythical sports like baseball, such behavior used to be referred to as "The Code." In the real world, it's called "slander," and / or "libel," and to avoid them, you need what's known as "probable cause." Bomar lived like a king, and he fell off of his throne. The lineman that was riding his coattails fell with him. B-O-O. H-O-O.

...oh, and what Badger said too.

the_ouskull

soonerfan28
6/25/2008, 06:02 PM
Bomar was a cocky a-hole and thought he was above the team. Even teammates had to put him in his place a few times. We don't need to thank him for anything but being the dumb*** he is and letting us discover the best QB we've had since JW (no offense to Paul Thompson) and he'll set the records here at OU, so thanks for that Bomar.

OKLA21FAN
6/25/2008, 06:05 PM
Lets see In your 1st Post you said " I (meaning you ) KNOW FOR A FACT"
Now you are saying One Of our players took more .
Give him up , WE didnt want Bomar on the team and we dont want a Bigger cheater.
If in fact you Know all of this , Then you sir are Guilty Of a Crime .

But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!
[Leads the Deltas out of the hearing, all humming the Star-Spangled Banner] :pop:

sooner94
6/25/2008, 06:09 PM
Badger- You said the same thing I said, only it sound a hell of a lot better. Nicely done!

olevetonahill
6/25/2008, 06:13 PM
Badger- You said the same thing I said, only it sound a hell of a lot better. Nicely done!

Yea shes Kinda windy .

badger
6/25/2008, 06:31 PM
Yea shes Kinda windy .

Searching threads started by olevet... finding threads started by olevet... one-star rating threads started by olevet... and done. :cool:

olevetonahill
6/25/2008, 06:36 PM
Searching threads started by olevet... finding threads started by olevet... one-star rating threads started by olevet... and done. :cool:

But I spread My greatness out all over the Place .:P

SoonerinSouthlake
6/25/2008, 06:45 PM
But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!
[Leads the Deltas out of the hearing, all humming the Star-Spangled Banner] :pop:

We're not saying that Rhett didnt take a few liberties with his female party guests.....(wink) he did

Soonermagik
6/25/2008, 07:04 PM
I do know for a fact that several other players took things. For a matter of fact, I know several starters right now on the take. It won't ever come out, because cash is hard to trace. Plus, me saying it will have no bearing on anything since you don't take me seriously anyways. :)

How would you guys feel if you found out Adrian Peterson, Sam Bradford or Allen Patrick took money????? I'm not saying they did, but how would you feel? Would you have wanted them to hit the road too?

I think a lot of people on this board toss Bomar under the bus because he actually got caught, which brought about embarrassment to the school.

The truth is most players take things, but very few get caught. If you believe otherwise you are living in a fantasy land. Imagine having someone offer to give you cash, tv's, clothes etc.. If you were a poor student athlete would you really turn that down? You really aren't doing anything immoral you are just going around a dumb rule.

Anyways, I figured I would get flamed, but telling the truth doesn't always reap favor. Oh well... just throwing this out there.

soonerfan28
6/25/2008, 07:23 PM
I do know for a fact that several other players took things. For a matter of fact, I know several starters right now on the take. It won't ever come out, because cash is hard to trace. Plus, me saying it will have no bearing on anything since you don't take me seriously anyways. :)

How would you guys feel if you found out Adrian Peterson, Sam Bradford or Allen Patrick took money????? I'm not saying they did, but how would you feel? Would you have wanted them to hit the road too?

I think a lot of people on this board toss Bomar under the bus because he actually got caught, which brought about embarrassment to the school.

The truth is most players take things, but very few get caught. If you believe otherwise you are living in a fantasy land. Imagine having someone offer to give you cash, tv's, clothes etc.. If you were a poor student athlete would you really turn that down? You really aren't doing anything immoral you are just going around a dumb rule.

Anyways, I figured I would get flamed, but telling the truth doesn't always reap favor. Oh well... just throwing this out there.

Then that makes him even more of a dumb***.

badger
6/25/2008, 07:46 PM

In the recruiting words of the REAL Coach Gundy, "We want you, we need you, but we're going to win with you or without you."

If AD was out, Allen Patrick would have (and did after the collarbone incident) took over and did well. If Sam Bradford went out, Joey Hazle would (and already has versus T-Tech) take over and do well. If Patrick went out, we have other good running backs, including Guuuut, Demarco and Madu.

We need all our players, but we'll win with or without any one of them. If you REALLY knew the Sooners, you would know that, but since you obviously don't, I'm not going to humor the board anymore here on this thread with my windiness (thank you, vet) or copycattedness (sooner94) or anything else. But... have another dose of orange spek, since you probably are an orangeteam fan troll.

Kels
6/25/2008, 07:51 PM
"I have here in my hand a list of 205—a list of names that were made known to the Athletic Department as being members of the football team who take money and who nevertheless are still working and shaping policy in the Athletic Department."

McCarthyism = Magikism

Hublah
6/25/2008, 07:54 PM
I saw Soonermagik take things from the little kids in line at the candy store...

Soonermagik
6/25/2008, 07:56 PM
In the recruiting words of the REAL Coach Gundy, "We want you, we need you, but we're going to win with you or without you."

If AD was out, Allen Patrick would have (and did after the collarbone incident) took over and did well. If Sam Bradford went out, Joey Hazle would (and already has versus T-Tech) take over and do well. If Patrick went out, we have other good running backs, including Guuuut, Demarco and Madu.

We need all our players, but we'll win with or without any one of them. If you REALLY knew the Sooners, you would know that, but since you obviously don't, I'm not going to humor the board anymore here on this thread with my windiness (thank you, vet) or copycattedness (sooner94) or anything else. But... have another dose of orange spek, since you probably are an orangeteam fan troll.

Umm okay.... I guess you could see how long I have been on the board. :rolleyes: I won't comment anymore on this thread since I will be labeled a troll. I knew going into this I was going to get flamed.

I was also flamed guaranteeing people Lofton was leaving early last year. Guess I was trolling on that too. :rolleyes:

Soonermagik
6/25/2008, 07:57 PM
I saw Soonermagik take things from the little kids in line at the candy store...

That's how I roll. :D

Oops not supposed to comment anymore. :)

Hublah
6/25/2008, 07:58 PM
My kid wants his candy back...:)

That's how I roll. :D

Oops not supposed to comment anymore. :)

OKLA21FAN
6/25/2008, 08:40 PM
I do know for a fact that several other players took things.

so what did Joe C say when you reported this? (esp after the university and the NCAA spent over a year investigating two spoiled kids)
after all, we are naive :pop:

olevetonahill
6/25/2008, 08:44 PM

Hey Girl I was Just funnin Ya .:D
I agree with everything youve said
this dude Is an Obvious troll that is trying to stir crap up .

OKLA21FAN
6/25/2008, 08:47 PM
In the recruiting words of the REAL Coach Gundy,

if only he was 40! the circle would be complete. :pop:

cburgsooner
6/25/2008, 09:01 PM
Im wandering how many of the people on the board actually knew RB, Yes daddy Bomar is a Total A$$ but my son around RB for two years and said his was very cool with with helping him anyway he could on the field, I met him many times , ill even say i still got a signed # 7 OU jersey, and would had been one of the best ever at QB at OU, We need to let it all go and let him get on with his life, i Hope best for the young man.

Soonermagik
6/25/2008, 09:23 PM
so what did Joe C say when you reported this? (esp after the university and the NCAA spent over a year investigating two spoiled kids)
after all, we are naive :pop:

For your info the University compliance office is still investigating several current players. Yeah, you are naive. ;)

SoonerinSouthlake
6/25/2008, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE=Soonermagik;2324535]

QUOTE]

I think that pretty much sums it up

jackietreehorn
6/25/2008, 09:27 PM
If Sam Bradford went out, Joey Hazle would (and already has versus T-Tech) take over and do well.

that's not entiiiiiirely true.

yermom
6/25/2008, 09:34 PM
his numbers were pretty good. if we would have been up when he came in, we probably win that game

OKLA21FAN
6/25/2008, 09:58 PM
For your info the University compliance office is still investigating several current players. Yeah, you are naive. ;)

ummmm, i'm thinking that is their job (an ongoing dealio)

you seem to have some 'info' that might help them.

go on :pop:

Soonermagik
6/25/2008, 10:11 PM
ummmm, i'm thinking that is their job (an ongoing dealio)

you seem to have some 'info' that might help them.

go on :pop:

Nah.. I think I have stirred the pot enough for one day. I have been on a hiatus for a little while, but I'm back. I can't have people ready to lynch me on my first day back. :D

MamaMia
6/25/2008, 10:55 PM

I'm just glad Bomar isn't a vindictive person. Don't even... If there was someone else to rat out over anything significant, J.D.Sour Apples Quinn would have jumped at the chance.

KingBarry
6/26/2008, 04:20 AM

Magik -- What exactly are we supposed to do with your comments? You offer no evidence, you just claim to "know" stuff. Then you give an estimate of "80%" take stuff, but don't give ANY stats or data to back that up.

What does 80% mean? Does that mean that, of the players of which you have first hand knowledge, that 80% of them are on the take? Or, does it mean that all the players of which you have first hand knowledge are on the take, but you figure there must be a few bad apples?

Yeah, sometimes big-time athletes get bennies from jock sniffers. A guy has lunch in a diner, maybe the cashier refuses payment and pockets the tab. i would imagine this happens everyday somewhere, and it would have to take a moral rock to say no everytime something is offered.

And think about a college kid. That $35 diner tab actually seems like a lot of money to some of those penniless schmucks. i remember times when i couldn't afford Pizza Shuttle (is that place still open?).

But the bigger point is, is this "corruption," is it undermining the "system"? I just can't make a mountain out of a mole hill.

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 04:33 AM
Nah.. I think I have stirred the pot enough for one day. I have been on a hiatus for a little while, but I'm back. I can't have people ready to lynch me on my first day back. :D

Your lil dik cant stir this Pot.
IF "IF " you have all this Knowledge Then you are doing ALL of Us as SOONER fans a Disservice, By NOT Reporting All You (know )
:pop:

Soonermagik
6/26/2008, 08:17 AM
Magik -- What exactly are we supposed to do with your comments? You offer no evidence, you just claim to "know" stuff. Then you give an estimate of "80%" take stuff, but don't give ANY stats or data to back that up.

What does 80% mean? Does that mean that, of the players of which you have first hand knowledge, that 80% of them are on the take? Or, does it mean that all the players of which you have first hand knowledge are on the take, but you figure there must be a few bad apples?

Yeah, sometimes big-time athletes get bennies from jock sniffers. A guy has lunch in a diner, maybe the cashier refuses payment and pockets the tab. i would imagine this happens everyday somewhere, and it would have to take a moral rock to say no everytime something is offered.

And think about a college kid. That $35 diner tab actually seems like a lot of money to some of those penniless schmucks. i remember times when i couldn't afford Pizza Shuttle (is that place still open?).

But the bigger point is, is this "corruption," is it undermining the "system"? I just can't make a mountain out of a mole hill.

I have shown time and time again I am credible. When I say 80% I know a lot of guys on the team and most take things. However, I would say 80% or 8 out of 10 guys take bigger things.

The whole reason I brought this up was to show how insane everyone has treated Bomar. A lot of other big names do the same things (some worse) but they were just never caught. You agree it would take a moral rock to not take money when you are poor, and I agree. The truth is they are not stealing the money, it is being given to them.

In short, let's stop bashing RB and move on. If you guys really could see behind the scenes it would obviously shock you.

Lastly, why would I turn in a player for taking something when I think the rule is ludicrous? The Reggie Bush thing would have never come out if he hadn't tried to screw that agent. Trust me, this stuff goes on a lot more than you think.

I hope some of you saw my point. Anyways, I'm moving on from this thread.

OUDoc
6/26/2008, 08:26 AM
Lastly, why would I turn in a player for taking something when I think the rule is ludicrous? The Reggie Bush thing would have never come out if he hadn't tried to screw that agent. Trust me, this stuff goes on a lot more than you think.

Because the last time someone thought like you, the direct result was the football we played in the 1990's.

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 08:42 AM
Because the last time someone thought like you, the direct result was the football we played in the 1990's.

Ding Ding Winner
Plus If the Dude aint trying to stir shat up Why does he have his stick in the Pot ?

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 08:46 AM
I have shown time and time again I am credible. When I say 80% I know a lot of guys on the team and most take things. However, I would say 80% or 8 out of 10 guys take bigger things.

The whole reason I brought this up was to show how insane everyone has treated Bomar. A lot of other big names do the same things (some worse) but they were just never caught. You agree it would take a moral rock to not take money when you are poor, and I agree. The truth is they are not stealing the money, it is being given to them.

In short, let's stop bashing RB and move on. If you guys really could see behind the scenes it would obviously shock you.

I hope some of you saw my point. Anyways, I'm moving on from this thread.

I Hope Youve seen MY Point !
I have Nevar Bashed RB
But If as you say you Have Proof then Please God in heaven Turn It over to Coach, and Let Him and JC handle it
Other than that You Are NOT credible !

KingDavid
6/26/2008, 10:05 AM
Kinda what I was thinking. Seems like the kind of thread a troll from another team would start.

BINGO! And I have even deeper suspicions than this.

This is a simple exercise in logik. With regard to Sooners on the take, we have only two options:
- Sooners are on the take.
- Sooners are are not on the take.

With regard to Mr. Magik, here - again, just two options:
- Magik is a troll (enemy of the Sooner Nation).
- Magik is not a troll (friend of the Sooner Nation).

Leaves us with four possible combinations for analysis:

Option #1 - Sooners ARE on the take, but Magik not a troll: This cannot be the case. If this were the case, Magik would clearly keep his yapper shut on a public board, knowing that as a member of the family, you discuss that sort of (highly speculative and doubtful) $hit (that if it is true, it's MORE true of other teams) over a beer, not on the WEB, for crying out loud. I will grant, however, that if Magik is truly a Sooner fan, then this scenario leaves the possibility of Magik being just plain stupid. In that kase, he's still at Troll, but he is just so stupid that he doesn't even realize it.

Option #2 - Sooners are NOT on the take, and Magik IS a troll.
This could be the case, but it's doubtful. It's POSSIBLE Magik would start a post like this to do his opponent harm. But if it were really true, and Magik were indeed an enemy, then this is probably the last place he'd be putting out a story like this. He'd wouldn't waste time because he'd be busy documenting the evidence for the NCAA to take us down.

Option #3 - Sooners are NOT on the take, and Magik is NOT a troll.
This cannot be possible. There would be story whatsoever = no post from Magik. Unless he's insane. (In which case see Option #1 re: unwitting trollness).

Option #4 - Sooners are NOT on the take, and Magik IS a troll.
Magik, being the troll that I strongly suspect that he is, would start a thread exactly like this one. He would pretend to be an innocent member of the SOONER nation sharing his ponderous thoughts casually on the enemy board, sprinkling in a few unverifiable, false testimonials, trying to give himself and his cracked-up lies credibility by acting like a real fan with insider knowledge. Anything to stir up trouble.

Cunclusion.
All options point to only one conclusion: Magik is a troll.

Furthermore, I would venture a guess, given the title of this thread, that Magik is actually Rhett Bomar, himself.

Either way, somebody needs to ride this guy out of town (again?).

Soonermagik
6/26/2008, 10:36 AM
BINGO!

Thread police, to the rescue.

Yep, just got my 1,200 posts in the last few days. ;)

BillyBall
6/26/2008, 10:52 AM
I would say 80% or 8 out of 10 guys

What about 4 out of 5?

Soonermagik
6/26/2008, 10:58 AM
What about 4 out of 5?

Dean Blevins math would say 10 out of the 8 are in on it :D

OUDoc
6/26/2008, 11:02 AM
Yep, just got my 1,200 posts in the last few days. ;)

Dude, look at what you're doing. You claim to be an OU fan, yet you go to a PUBLIC message board saying we should thank Bomar for not outing all our players, because they all (~80%) take stuff too?
What sense does that make? If you know something, call Stoops or Joe C. Don't run it on an anonymous fan site and think we're all going to thank you for this information.
It's not something a real fan would do.

KingDavid
6/26/2008, 11:43 AM
Dude, look at what you're doing. You claim to be an OU fan, yet you go to a PUBLIC message board saying we should thank Bomar for not outing all our players, because they all (~80%) take stuff too?
What sense does that make? If you know something, call Stoops or Joe C. Don't run it on an anonymous fan site and think we're all going to thank you for this information.

Harumph!!!

Soonermagik
6/26/2008, 12:09 PM

My point isn't to bring scrutiny to the university. Plus, as I have noted earlier no one will take this serious since it is on a message board.

My point is to show that some fans are disillusioned about what is really going on. All major football schools are doing the same thing. I'm a true fan that thinks it is wrong that Bomar gets roasted when a lot of other players are/were doing the same things. The only difference is he got caught!!!!

Sooner24
6/26/2008, 12:22 PM

So you are just a wanna be hanging around to feel big?

KingDavid
6/26/2008, 12:45 PM
I'm a true fan that thinks it is wrong that Bomar gets roasted when a lot of other players are/were doing the same things. The only difference is he got caught!!!!

If you really want to keep Bomar from getting roasted unecessarily, here's an idea: don't bring him up on a Sooner football board.

And there's a bigger difference than you point out. I'll possibly grant that kids take things they ought not to take from time to time, some of which are somewhat trivial I would think - like a pro athlete inviting a future star to accompany him as a fan to concert or sports venue. I would say it's somewhat sad that a college athlete would have his relationships impacted in obvious ways that others in different professions would never experience. Look at how eagerly the business school students are recruited, wined and dined, at the top schools, for instance.

Part of the problem is kids like Bomar behaving foolishly and wrecklessly, and wrecking it for everyone else. Given that there is even widespread taking of improper small gifts amongst college athletes (to which I say, BFD. Who in their right mind could keep up with all the rules?), it's the wreckless abuses of folks like Bomar that are rightfully punished, and thoroughly so. Every time someone like Bomar strays from the shadows of the gray lines deep into the black territory of irrefutable abuse, there are a new set of rules to implement, and another in a long list of compliance measures and bureacracy that a college kid trying to give his best on the football field is NOT going to have to time to memorize or follow to the T.

For crying out loud, I wish these kids at least got some elective credit hours towards undergraduate legal studies or corporate communications for all the compliance meetings they have to sit through.

It might not be as clearly visible as one might like to see it, but there is definitely a line in the sand that distinguishes a Bomar getting punched in and out for work he didn't do all summer long, and a kid who occasionally gets an extra hour here or there, or who takes the demo-benz for a spin around town for a day or two. There's a significant distinction between the Bomars of the college sporting world and the vast majority of trivial and innocent offenders who don't get caught. Most people don't get "caught" because there's nothing worthwhile to catch.

Lastly, and still assuming (falsely) that there were others on the take, let's make note of the fact that Bomar was a self-absorbed non-team player at the time. I believe he's changed since . . . and hope so. But that was certainly the case then. And that's another distinction. Cocky priks are always the first to go down. That's the way God made the world. See Proverbs if you doubt me (although the language is less flourid, I'll concede).

sooner94
6/26/2008, 01:59 PM
If you really want to keep Bomar from getting roasted unecessarily, here's an idea: don't bring him up on a Sooner football board.

EXACTLY! The only time I have bashed RB in the last year was when someone decided to start a thread saying I should not bash the guy. I don't think about the whiny ********* until someone brings up his name, and says he is not a whiny *********.

I still get a kick out of the guy having the Holiday Bowl MVP trophy as the centerpiece of his living room. The FREAKING HOLIDAY BOWL MVP TROPHY FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!! Although, that trophy really did tie the room together.

okieslp
6/26/2008, 02:56 PM
I think that negative publicity for a university that is associated with NCAA infractions is bad. The old saying about no such thing as bad publicity is bogus. After the story broke, it was all over the place and a lot of sports pundits were espousing virtue and morality and denouncing the OU program. Well, we all make mistakes that is true. But I feel most of us would be hard pressed to make the same mistake over and over again . I mean, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind getting paid for nothing, but I know that it is wrong. Bomar knew it was wrong because it is something we ALL know is wrong. His "incident" placed a black-eye on the program that was hard to get rid of, and I'm not sure that it is completely gone because here we are continuing to talk about it.

To the point, Bomar knowingly screwed up. Because of that screw up, he drew unwanted national attention to the university and he was allowed to move on without much of a call for retribution. How is it he was able to play college football again, no matter what level. Do you think that a trader found guilty of insider trading is allowed to move on to a smaller level brokerage house?

I could care less about what he could or couldn't do as a football player. College is about education for the future. It is about transforming boys and girls into young men and women. An athlete has the ability to attend college for little to no out-of-pocket expense and should take full advantage of what is offered to them in the way of education, maturity and life lessons.

Ranting aside, I appreciate Stoops and the way he is into making young men, not about being an NFL mill!

Boomer Sooner!

BigDeezy
6/26/2008, 05:02 PM
Ding Ding Winner
Plus If the Dude aint trying to stir shat up Why does he have his stick in the Pot ?

That is the point. He says he is defending Bomar, but that's kinda out of the blue, isn't it? Why calling all this attention to defending Bomar at this particular time? Is Bomar a big issue among OU fans right now? No, thats ancient history. His stick is in the pot for another reason, seems to me, and it is suspect.

NormanPride
6/26/2008, 05:20 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/P3Shinobi/1192392913251.jpg

Spartan(Sooner at Heart)
6/26/2008, 08:55 PM
Although, that trophy really did tie the room together. That's the first time that I've laughed out loud at this board in a while. Nice work, 94.

JLEW1818
6/26/2008, 10:06 PM
I thank Sam Bradford for being so accurate, so cool, so bad A, so good, and such a good leader for a 19 year old kid (teenager) Thanks Sam

love,

JLew

Jacie
6/27/2008, 06:32 AM

The statute of limitations has long since passed but there was a time when I could have screwed us based on things I knew. I happen to believe in the concept of family secrets.

Jason White's Third Knee
6/27/2008, 01:37 PM
I am kinda with Burger King on this one. Bomar was foolish, but he wasn't a dick about it. Quinn on the other hand was a dick about it. And there probably is a lot of that kind of hocus pocus going on. Bomar could have been more bitter.

We were so spoiled by Heupel, Hybl, White, and now Bradford. Bomar was a regular kid with some awesome ability. He was probably told about all of the chick he could have and that he'd be king of the campus. He was just a little too stupid about it.

I am not gonna roll over the guy. He just blew it. I am sure he feels like a toolbag.

sendbaht
6/27/2008, 02:20 PM
He did wrong and fessed up. Paid the money back I think.
I wish the kid well in life. He made it a lot furthur up the latter then I did.
Good luck Bomar.

soonerfan28
6/27/2008, 02:56 PM
That's like saying he only commited armed robbery, but he didn't shoot anybody. If he wasn't the dumb*** he is then we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Hublah
6/27/2008, 04:23 PM
You cannot make a point based off of vague information. Facts make a point...so what is your TRUE point?

My point isn't to bring scrutiny to the university. Plus, as I have noted earlier no one will take this serious since it is on a message board.

My point is to show that some fans are disillusioned about what is really going on. All major football schools are doing the same thing. I'm a true fan that thinks it is wrong that Bomar gets roasted when a lot of other players are/were doing the same things. The only difference is he got caught!!!!

sooner94
6/27/2008, 04:28 PM
That's the first time that I've laughed out loud at this board in a while. Nice work, 94.

Since I'm an honest guy, I have to give credit to SNP. He threw that line out a while back when I made a comment about Bomar's trophy.

PLaw
6/27/2008, 06:35 PM

personal assumption or substantiated fact? In God we trust, all other bring data (or in this case, proof)

BOOMER
PLAW

Stoops=God
6/27/2008, 07:37 PM
I have to chime in on this one....I'm not going to sit here and tell you that all the players take money, but come on...seriously? You really believe that the only players on the take are the ones that have been caught? I love it how we were totally OK with AD and the whole Lexus thing as soon as we found out we weren't getting in trouble for it. OF COURSE tons of guys take money. Would they be gone if Stoops or anyone found out about it? Of course. Will they? Not unless they're retarded like Bomar...You have to be realistic and understand that these guy are going to take what's coming their way though.

KingDavid
6/27/2008, 08:35 PM
I still get a kick out of the guy having the Holiday Bowl MVP trophy as the centerpiece of his living room. The FREAKING HOLIDAY BOWL MVP TROPHY FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!! Although, that trophy really did tie the room together.

You're absolutely right, 94. You know, for all his other faults, I suppose I have nothing but praise for Rhett's interior decorating tastes.

Personally, I tend to focus on the more subtle "accents" in a room, and I'll tell ya - the piece that really did it for me was the plaque on the wall from Big Red Auto Sports for the 2005 Perfect Attendance Award.

But that's just me.

Jdog
6/27/2008, 08:51 PM
no

KingDavid
6/27/2008, 09:07 PM
no

:confused:

soonerfan28
6/27/2008, 09:25 PM
:confused:
I think he's actually answering the original question with a no.

Jdog
6/27/2008, 09:26 PM
I think he's actually answering the original question with a no.

yep

soonerfan28
6/27/2008, 09:28 PM
I like the answer. It's short and to the point.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/27/2008, 09:43 PM
Since I'm an honest guy, I have to give credit to SNP. He threw that line out a while back when I made a comment about Bomar's trophy.

Id just like to send some spek to 94. He could have screwed the entire SoonerFans board and taken full credit for the "laugh out loud" moment. Instead he decided to be a team player and fess up. I think its time to ask the question...."Shouldn't we thank Sooner94?" In the same position, most players would have screwed SNP to the wall, knowing what they know.

Dont get me wrong. I mean, in 1994 I was just a stupid kid. I would have taken credit for jokes that werent mine and basked in the glory of a room brought to its knees by humor that wasnt originated in my head.
Thank Goodness for guys like 94 who are willing to be do the right thing for the board.

Listen...Im not trying to say that Im funny...Im just saying that from all the guys on the board that I hang out with..there are a heck of a lot of really respected posters that regulary take credit for jokes that dont belong to them.

KingDavid
6/27/2008, 09:55 PM
I like the answer. It's short and to the point.

Truly a fine display of efficiency. No need to capitalize the "n" or even punctuate the answer.

Less is more, indeed.

Spek.

goingoneight
6/27/2008, 11:06 PM
I have to chime in on this one....I'm not going to sit here and tell you that all the players take money, but come on...seriously? You really believe that the only players on the take are the ones that have been caught? I love it how we were totally OK with AD and the whole Lexus thing as soon as we found out we weren't getting in trouble for it. OF COURSE tons of guys take money. Would they be gone if Stoops or anyone found out about it? Of course. Will they? Not unless they're retarded like Bomar...You have to be realistic and understand that these guy are going to take what's coming their way though.

You're talking about a guy who got caught with beer in a soda can just a few months before his 21st B-day. Not that anyone would notice the drunk fool who is in OKLAHOMA CITY in front of thousands of people who strongly resembles OU's starting quarterback. This same guy decided to spike the football inside his own 15-yard line with a bowl victory on the line while only up by 3.

My analysis: it's going on everywhere and probably with everyone... there are just some people who can't keep their nose clean. I know what you're thinking... Chase Daniel was only putting up a front.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/27/2008, 11:56 PM
You're talking about a guy who got caught with beer in a soda can just a few months before his 21st B-day. Not that anyone would notice the drunk fool who is in OKLAHOMA CITY in front of thousands of people who strongly resembles OU's starting quarterback. This same guy decided to spike the football inside his own 15-yard line with a bowl victory on the line while only up by 3.

My analysis: it's going on everywhere and probably with everyone... there are just some people who can't keep their nose clean. I know what you're thinking... Chase Daniel was only putting up a front.

frankly I suspect Chase was paid to play at Southlake Carroll

goingoneight
6/28/2008, 12:15 AM
Chase Daniel... nose... nevermind.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/28/2008, 12:59 AM
Chase Daniel... nose... nevermind.

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh... got it...sorry

JLEW1818
6/28/2008, 04:16 AM
Every QB from the Dallas area will always be second string.

MamaMia
6/28/2008, 08:28 AM
I have to chime in on this one....I'm not going to sit here and tell you that all the players take money, but come on...seriously? You really believe that the only players on the take are the ones that have been caught? I love it how we were totally OK with AD and the whole Lexus thing as soon as we found out we weren't getting in trouble for it. OF COURSE tons of guys take money. Would they be gone if Stoops or anyone found out about it? Of course. Will they? Not unless they're retarded like Bomar...You have to be realistic and understand that these guy are going to take what's coming their way though.If by "tons" you mean about 4000 to 6000 lbs worth of guys currently playing in the entire NCAA, then yeah, I agree, but if you think its an every day occurance then you are dead wrong.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/28/2008, 08:31 AM
personal assumption or substantiated fact? In God we trust, all other bring data (or in this case, proof)

BOOMER
PLAW

arent you reading clearly sir! He said he hung around some of the guys....geez what more do yoiu need? ;)

OU_Sooners75
6/28/2008, 02:50 PM
Nick Zepplin? Is that you?

Soonermagik
6/28/2008, 03:32 PM
Nick Zepplin? Is that you?

Don't even compare me to that guy. LOL!!! :D

BillyBall
6/28/2008, 06:45 PM
Don't even compare me to that guy. LOL!!! :D

You are on that slippery slope. Trust me.

PLaw
6/28/2008, 07:22 PM
arent you reading clearly sir! He said he hung around some of the guys....geez what more do yoiu need? ;)

Oh, you mean this isn't Wikepedia? My bad.

So how deep is Carroll going in the playoffs this year?

BOOMER

SoonerinSouthlake
6/28/2008, 11:52 PM
Oh, you mean this isn't Wikepedia? My bad.

So how deep is Carroll going in the playoffs this year?

BOOMER

probably not that deep. My guess is that now that T Dodge is gone the program will take a slow and steady decline into reality...Im sure year in and year out it'll be good, but not a state chamionship every year.

Besides...who cares...I like me some football, but these people take their high school sports WAY to seriously round here...you'd think they were competing for a MNC year in and year out.

2k2 c5
6/29/2008, 06:43 PM
um, yeah...

how do you spell moran?

No dis but I usually spell it "moron".

So, I think we should throw Bomar under the bus :)

Fixed, and by the way, who is this 'Bomar' of who your speak?

olevetonahill
6/29/2008, 06:45 PM

Moran nOOb :D

yermom
6/29/2008, 08:09 PM

http://ninesisters.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/get_a_brain_morans.jpg

KingBarry
6/30/2008, 10:42 AM

Magik say: "The only difference is he got caught!!!!"

I day: First, dude, you are probably about 12 years old and are displaying the logic/mental ability of a 12 year old; and second, the fact he got caught is a pretty big difference.

In this case, the fact that he billed for work hours when it could be provent that he was actually AT FOOTBALL PRACTICE demonstrates that he was not only guilty, he was also stupid.

r5TPsooner
6/30/2008, 12:23 PM
http://ninesisters.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/get_a_brain_morans.jpg

Is that Dean?:D

soonerfan28
6/30/2008, 01:11 PM
I thought it was already clear that Blomar was a dumb***. If their are players taking (and I don't know crap) then they are smarter then that dumb***.

RedstickSooner
6/30/2008, 01:36 PM
WHY.

WON'T

THIS

THREAD

DIE??

Oh yeah. Because people keep replying.

:D

OUmillenium
7/2/2008, 09:58 AM
While I was never a fan of Brett Romar, I do respect him not dragging other players into the situation and dragging down OU in some type of drawn out court case or media revenge.

It does appear that he handled the situation in a very mature and apologetic matter.

And remember, he did choose OU over his home state whorns which will always carry weight in my book.

TexasLidig8r
7/3/2008, 10:24 AM
And remember, he did choose OU over his home state whorns which will always carry weight in my book.

He and Ryan Perriliar are the two best recruits Texas did not get...dodged two turd covered bullets there.

OK2LA
7/3/2008, 12:48 PM
He and Ryan Perriliar are the two best recruits Texas did not get...dodged two turd covered bullets there.

No Lid -

You're taking the wrong angle here. You're supposed to say that if those two malcontents stayed at home, where they were supposed to be all along - yous texans woulda given them the down home love an 'tention they needed. They woulda blossomed into fine upstanding citizens like all texans!:texan:

LSUdeek
7/5/2008, 02:27 PM
No Lid -

You're taking the wrong angle here. You're supposed to say that if those two malcontents stayed at home, where they were supposed to be all along - yous texans woulda given them the down home love an 'tention they needed. They woulda blossomed into fine upstanding citizens like all texans!:texan:

Texass is not #11's home.

badger
7/5/2008, 02:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/ipalatt/die_thread_die.jpg
Die thread die. Stop bumping it. Lock it away like the troll it is.
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/300W/images3.deviantart.com/i/2004/111/0/e/Don__t_feed_the_Troll.jpg
http://www.coders4fun.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/lock.png