PDA

View Full Version : Parking Etiquette

Hot Rod
6/25/2008, 12:38 PM
I don't know about you, but I have problems with people who are unable to park a car/vehicle in a manner in which hinders the neighboring cars from opening the doors door to enter their vehicle. And I'm not talking about people with big trucks who do take up a lot of space, and they do their best to get within the lines. I'm talking about the people driving these smaller cars and yet still have one side of tires on the line and don't bother to adjust it for neighboring vehicles.

Viking Kitten
6/25/2008, 12:47 PM
Back in high school, I used to carry a supply of these in my car for this very occasion:

http://g.virbcdn.com/cdnImages/resize_510x1500/Image-48976-280832-IMG_1389.jpg

Left 'em under a few windshield wipers back in that day. Guess I've matured (somewhat) since then, but it still makes me giggle.

soonermix
6/25/2008, 12:50 PM
maybe you should write them a little note and put it under their windshield wipers. it should say something along the lines of asking them to be more polite next time and consider your feelings and convenience when parking their car because driving is a priviledge everybody should enjoy...

or just slash their tires and take a crow bar to their winshield

either way i think they would get the picture.

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2008, 12:54 PM
Heh, I parked in one of them compact car only spots at the garage at Penn Square, came back out and had a big *** farm truck parked right up next to me. I was ****ed, but I crawled in through mai passenger door, fired mai car up and went to start backing up when I realized, this *** had pulled into the spot so crooked that his giant mirrors were pinning me in. I swear I just meant to push them pack to his door so I could get out, but the damn thing just came off :D

Animal Mother
6/25/2008, 12:54 PM
If I didn't see them park I don't get too upset. You never know how bad the guy next to them parked. When I see a space between a good "parker" and a sloppy one over the lines, I try to find another spot if possible. I park in a garage downtown and if the same numbnuts does it twice, I leave a note of "encouragement".

Preservation Parcels
6/25/2008, 12:58 PM
A friend used to leave her car parked all cattywampus. She excused herself by saying, "Men park their cars. Women just abandon them."

Pricetag
6/25/2008, 12:59 PM
Ginormous extended cab, dually trucks should not be allowed in parking garages, period. Nobody is competent enough to actually maneuver and park them in there, and they always cause a traffic jam as they pull in, put it in reverse and adjust, pull in, put it in reverse and adjust, ad infinitum.

badger
6/25/2008, 02:40 PM
Parking ettiquite:

No matter how much you love your car, do not take up two spaces.

This is parking fine at OU's campus, but people do it anyways and it makes all the rest of us looking for spaces early before class really, really sad - almost as sad as a 9.9 percent tuition hike :(

If you care so dearly for the well being of your car, this does not require taking up extra spaces. It just takes thoughtful parking - leave enough room for the guy next door to leave, etc.

However, taking up two spaces, especially in garages or small lots where parking is limited, is almost as @$$hole of a thing to do as leaving no space for the guy next to you to open the door.

soonerboomer93
6/25/2008, 02:41 PM
just be glad we have real size parking spaces here

I did have some numbnuts block me in so bad i had to crawl my ginormous *** though the passenger side in Korea.

a couple other times, well they do creative parking there, so it to about 20 moves to get my car out of the parking spot because a numbnuts had park too close infront of me (in the middle of this aisle)

soonerboomer93
6/25/2008, 02:42 PM
Parking ettiquite:

No matter how much you love your car, do not take up two spaces.

This is parking fine at OU's campus, but people do it anyways and it makes all the rest of us looking for spaces early before class really, really sad - almost as sad as a 9.9 percent tuition hike :(

If you care so dearly for the well being of your car, this does not require taking up extra spaces. It just takes thoughtful parking - leave enough room for the guy next door to leave, etc.

However, taking up two spaces, especially in garages or small lots where parking is limited, is almost as @$$hole of a thing to do as leaving no space for the guy next to you to open the door.

just cary a valve stem remover with you

pull it and leave the stem next to their wheels

soonermix
6/25/2008, 02:48 PM
just cary a valve stem remover with you

pull it and leave the stem next to their wheels

why leave it?
just start a collection

r5TPsooner
6/25/2008, 02:51 PM
The wife and I drive good size vehicles so we always park out in the boonies. If people don't like that we take up two spaces in the process, park somewhere else. Now, to do that close to a business in very impolite.

jkjsooner
6/25/2008, 02:52 PM
I don't know about you, but I have problems with people who are unable to park a car/vehicle in a manner in which hinders the neighboring cars from opening the doors door to enter their vehicle. And I'm not talking about people with big trucks who do take up a lot of space, and they do their best to get within the lines. I'm talking about the people driving these smaller cars and yet still have one side of tires on the line and don't bother to adjust it for neighboring vehicles.

Consider the fact that they may be on/over the line because the jerk who parked next to them (may not even be there when you arrive) was over their line.

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2008, 02:58 PM
I am one of the people who laugh at the people who park out in the boonies to keep their car pretty. (I used to do it) I do think the guy in the beat up 78 Chevy pickup that parks right next to the brand new Stage 3 Roush Mustang just to spite the guy is an *** though.

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2008, 03:03 PM
Consider the fact that they may be on/over the line because the jerk who parked next to them (may not even be there when you arrive) was over their line.

I do. But when the Mesican at Target pulls his new Ford Dually into a spot so bad I can't back out, I get ****ed. He also gets a kicked in tailgate, a giant dent in his door, and an *** chewing from one ****ed off 'Merican. I know the guy next to him was parked fine, hell that car was there when I went into Target.

To be fair, I didn't know the guy was Mesican till he came out and started screaming "QUE?" as a little fat white guy was kicking the **** out of his new truck. MY ICE CREAM WAS MELTING BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!1:D

r5TPsooner
6/25/2008, 03:26 PM
I laugh at the folks who have to have the closest parking spot that they can get and would kill my kids to do so just to lessen their walk and their one chance of exercising for the week.

I park out in the boonies because I like the exercise as well as lessening the damage to my car, as well as giving my three small children the freedom to throw open the doors without damaging my vehicle or someone elses vehicle.

Now if I drove a POS around or if my mommy and daddy were buying my vehicles for me, then I wouldn't give a damn.

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2008, 03:39 PM
I laugh at the folks who have to have the closest parking spot that they can get and would kill my kids to do so just to lessen their walk and their one chance of exercising for the week.

I park out in the boonies because I like the exercise as well as lessening the damage to my car, as well as giving my three small children the freedom to throw open the doors without damaging my vehicle or someone elses vehicle.

Now if I drove a POS around or if my mommy and daddy were buying my vehicles for me, then I wouldn't give a damn.

Honestly, after I babied my car for so long, and it still managed to get dings and dents, I said to hell with it. When I go spot hunting, I go by the front once to see if there are close spots, after that, I just park in the next open spot I see.