6/24/2008, 06:57 AM
Wow I watched this Trailer and Brot back some memories in a Hurry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2KPa8phRiI&feature=email

olevetonahill
6/24/2008, 07:10 AM
Heres the whole Email I got from one of My Vets groups

"Veteran Issues by Colonel Dan" <[email protected]>
From: "Colonel Dan" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoogroups.com. Learn more
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:17:43 -0500
Subject: [VeteranIssues] FW: FIGHT OR DIE premiering on Discovery this Thursday, June 26 at 10PM

http://dsc.discover y.com/tv- schedules/ special.html? paid=1.14951. 25467.0.0

Preview http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=L2KPa8phRiI&feature=email

Jun 26, 10:00 pm

(60 minutes) Fight or Die

FIGHT OR DIE captures the personal experience of war in groundbreaking fashion by delving inside the psyche of the soldier under fire, allowing viewers to walk the Thin Red Line that separates sanity from madness and the living from the dead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 10:49 AM
To: bjoe7@hotmail. com
Subject: FW: FIGHT OR DIE premiering on Discovery this Thursday, June 26 at 10PM

Forwarded FYI, please forward to others...

------------ --------- --------- -----

Dear Joe:

We finally heard from Discovery that FIGHT OR DIE will premiere on the Discovery Channel on Thursday, June 26 at 10pm EDT/PDT. We would appreciate your help in getting this information out to your military and Ia Drang veterans networks!

You can watch the preview for the show by clicking this link to YouTube.

Based on the viewer response to this broadcast, Discovery will decide whether the show will become a weekly series. So please tune in (or TiVo it) and please forward this email on to those you think might also be interested. And if you like the show, please email feedback to: FEEDBACK@WHEELHOUSE ENTERTAINMENT. COM

FIGHT OR DIE
Discovery Channel (in HD)
Thursday, June 26 at 10pm ET/PT

Thanks,
Steve

(Additional show info below)

____________ _________ _________ _______

From Executive Producer Randall Wallace (BRAVEHEART, PEARL HARBOR, WE WERE SOLDIERS, THE MAN IN THE IRON MASK), comes FiGHT OR DIE, an exciting new epic documentary special that captures the personal experience of war in groundbreaking fashion by delving inside the psyche of the soldier under fire, allowing viewers to walk the Thin Red Line that separates sanity from madness and the living from the dead.

Harrowing personal accounts of battle are seamlessly blended with cinematic dramatizations, digitally remastered combat footage, and a bullet-ridden soundscape to present one of the most riveting, emotional, and realistic portrayals of war ever produced for television. 'We all have the capacity for depths of courage, compassion and even cruelty that we can't imagine when sitting in safety and comfort,” said Wallace. “FIGHT OR DIE explores these extremes of human character made apparent in the cauldron of conflict.'

The first episode tells the real-life story of a group of American soldiers whose lives were made famous in Wallace’s motion picture WE WERE SOLDIERS starring Mel Gibson. On November 14, 1965 in the Ia Drang Valley of Vietnam, in a small clearing called Landing Zone X-Ray, 2,000 enemy soldiers surrounded 400 United States Army troopers. The ensuing battle was one of the most savage in U.S. history. FIGHT OR DIE is a tribute to the nobility of those men under fire, their common acts of uncommon valor, and their loyalty to and love for one another.

"Keep on, Keepin' on"
Dan Cedusky, Champaign IL "Colonel Dan"
See my web site at:
http://www.angelfire.com/il2/VeteranIssues/

Change your email address when needed by signing in at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VeteranIssues/

Forward to other veterans, tell them to Sign up at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VeteranIssues/join

OU4LIFE
6/24/2008, 07:58 AM
I will watch.

Words cannot express the level of respect I have for these men.

Curly Bill
6/24/2008, 12:03 PM
I'm gonna watch.

All the respect in the world for those that have faced battle.

pergdaddy
6/24/2008, 12:52 PM
I will make every effort to tune into this program. I'm a WWII buff and love anything military and war that I can tune into. You can never have enough knowledge of this history nor can you ever understand or comprehend the vast amounts of battles/situations that these men have gone through in order to make our country what it is, which is free and proud.

I did not serve, sometimes it enters my mind that maybe I should have done something for my country, but I had an uncle in 'nam, grandfather in WWII and uncle (by marriage) in WWII.

Luckily my 6 year old son loves history and asks tons of questions about WWII and other stuff.

If it's not Cartoon Network or Nickolodeon, it's History Channel or Military Channel.

Believe it or not, the Transformers movie from last year used a lot of air force vehicles that my son wanted to know about, so that helped.

Schools don't teach enough history about these topics.

Thanks for the heads up.

r5TPsooner
6/24/2008, 01:01 PM
IN

olevetonahill
6/25/2008, 09:59 AM
Tommorow Night Folks . Im gonna do my best to watch it .
Maybe Ill double On my Meds so I dont smash something .:O

olevetonahill
6/25/2008, 05:43 PM
Bump fer yall viewing pleasure

47straight
6/25/2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the headsup, olevet. Setting up DVR now so I don't miss it.

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the headsup, olevet. Setting up DVR now so I don't miss it.

Thats why I bumped it bro .

LoyalFan
6/26/2008, 02:59 AM
I respectfully decline. Out.

"Lancer6"

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 04:22 AM
I respectfully decline. Out.

"Lancer6"

And I understand that .
But this is By vets For Vets Ok ? at least I think it is !

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 07:28 AM
Tonight Folks ,
Watch and Tell em what ya think OK ?
AW **** it I fought and Didnt Die ,
So maybe it donemeannuthin.

Mixer!
6/26/2008, 08:47 AM
Will this repeat, in case anybody misses it?

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 01:06 PM
Bump fer Flag

olevetonahill
6/26/2008, 07:50 PM
Coming on In an Hour

Curly Bill
6/26/2008, 07:52 PM
Coming on In an Hour

Right on!

Harry Beanbag
6/26/2008, 10:56 PM
Watched it. Pretty much like "We Were Soldiers", which was expected. Amazing stuff though. Hopefully you'll be alright tonight vet.

Curly Bill
6/26/2008, 11:10 PM
I've read the book, saw the movie, and now watched this. Fascinating stuff. God bless those involved.

pergdaddy
6/27/2008, 08:38 AM
Saw the first half, missed the second half. Appeared that We Were Soldiers was pretty accurate. Amazing how much those guys dealth with. How all vets deal with it. I like movies like Saving Private Ryan that use the filming style of putting the camera in the action. Makes guys like me who have never served get somewhat of an idea as to what its like. Nothing substitutes for the real thing though.

Too many people in this country have no idea what our soldiers have done for us throughout the last 100 years. The preservation of our own freedom while trying to gain freedom for others. I hate when people are ignorant to history.

Cheers to olevet and all other veterans who served and put their life on the line for freedom and for what is right. There are people who do value what you have done and what you have gone through.

mikeelikee
6/27/2008, 08:45 AM
I watched it, and was very impressed. God bless all of our brave soldiers. I don't know if it is, but I hope this is a series. I'd like to see more episodes.

OUDoc
6/27/2008, 08:52 AM
I missed all but 10 minutes of it. Anyone know when it's on again?

sooner_born_1960
6/27/2008, 08:54 AM
2:00 am. This morning.

OU4LIFE
6/27/2008, 09:16 AM
I missed all but 10 minutes of it. Anyone know when it's on again?

welcome to the age of DVR, dooshrocket. ;)

olevetonahill
6/27/2008, 04:06 PM
I think They are going to evaluate the response to this episode then decide Wether to make a series
In that email I posted theres a Link so you can leave Feedback .

Oh By the way I was all night again .
;)

olevetonahill
6/27/2008, 04:13 PM
Well It didnt Highlight so Ill try this
[email protected]
If this dont hight light it some Puter Genius can do it . :O

47straight
6/27/2008, 08:15 PM
It was neat to hear things from the individuals who were there in the show. However, I think the earlier movie (We Were Soldiers) did a better job overall showing me how everything unfolded, as well as giving the grunt's perspective.

The best part of the show was the machine-gunner's assistant who was all the way out on the flank and kept the unit from being overrun in the first three hours.

Curly Bill
6/27/2008, 09:30 PM
Anyone who hasn't read the book (We Were Soldiers) should do so. I read it when it first came out, and am thinking I should maybe break it out and read it again.