PDA

View Full Version : Imus Probably Done Now

Rogue
6/23/2008, 08:26 PM
Guess he didn't learn the 1st time (http://tvdecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/23/there-he-goes-again-more-racial-comments-from-imus/?hp)

On Monday, Imus had the following exchange with Warner Wolf:

Wolf: “Defensive back Adam ‘Pacman’ Jones, recently signed by the Cowboys. Here’s a guy suspended all of 2007 following a shooting in a Vegas night club.”

Imus: “Well, stuff happens. You’re in a night club, for God’s sake. What do you think’s gonna happen in a night club? People are drinking, they’re doing drugs. There are women there, and people have guns. So, there, go ahead.”

Wolf: “He’s also been arrested six times since being drafted by Tennessee in 2005.”

Imus: “What color is he?”

Wolf: “He’s African-American.”

Imus: “Well, there you go. Now we know.”

AggieTool
6/23/2008, 08:28 PM
Yep,

Now he'll have to go Sirius like Stern.

tommieharris91
6/23/2008, 08:33 PM
Guess he didn't learn the 1st time (http://tvdecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/23/there-he-goes-again-more-racial-comments-from-imus/?hp)

On Monday, Imus had the following exchange with Warner Wolf:

Wolf: “Defensive back Adam ‘Pacman’ Jones, recently signed by the Cowboys. Here’s a guy suspended all of 2007 following a shooting in a Vegas night club.”

Imus: “Well, stuff happens. You’re in a night club, for God’s sake. What do you think’s gonna happen in a night club? People are drinking, they’re doing drugs. There are women there, and people have guns. So, there, go ahead.”

Wolf: “He’s also been arrested six times since being drafted by Tennessee in 2005.”

Imus: “What color is he?”

Wolf: “He’s African-American.”

Imus: “Well, there you go. Now we know.”

Supposedly, he clarified this by saying he was pointing out prejudice because of Jones' skin color. :rolleyes:

Rogue
6/23/2008, 08:34 PM
I didn't hear or see it, but the transcript looks bad.

GottaHavePride
6/23/2008, 08:46 PM
My list of blowhards I don't listen to, radio OR tv:

Howard Stern
Don Imus
Rush Limbaugh
That dooshbag on CNN or Fox News or whatever that screams about the stock market. Cramer? What a putz.
Nancy Grace

BudSooner
6/23/2008, 08:55 PM

Howard Stern
Don Imus
Rush Limbaugh
That dooshbag on CNN or Fox News or whatever that screams about the stock market. Cramer? What a putz.
Nancy Grace
5 out of 5, d00d...I totally agree.

yermom
6/23/2008, 09:16 PM
i got tired of the show on E! but i like Howard Stern. his act is a bit tiresome though.

Curly Bill
6/23/2008, 09:28 PM

Howard Stern
Don Imus
Rush Limbaugh
Nancy Grace
Keith Olbermann

FIXED

Soonerus
6/23/2008, 09:38 PM
hilarious....

OklahomaTuba
6/23/2008, 09:41 PM
Is he in line to become Obama's next preacher yet??

Curly Bill
6/23/2008, 09:43 PM
Is he in line to become Obama's next preacher yet??

Obama's another blowhard I don't listen to. ;)

Rogue
6/23/2008, 09:43 PM

Howard Stern
Don Imus
Rush Limbaugh
Nancy Grace
Papa Bear O'Reilly
Lou Dobbs

Fixed for my tastes.

StoopTroup
6/23/2008, 10:03 PM
I think many of you should seriously reconsider Nancy Grace....

She has some of the best stuff. ;) :D

Soonerus
6/23/2008, 10:06 PM

Thanks, friend...

Curly Bill
6/23/2008, 10:09 PM

Yeah, my Mom loves her. :P

SteelClip49
6/23/2008, 10:33 PM
Olbermann rules!!!!!!!!!!!

O'Reilly proves anyone can get on television, make a fool of themselves and get paid.

Imus...you are still one of the best.

Soonerus
6/23/2008, 10:35 PM
I don't know why but when we heard Imus' actual comment tonight my entire family and friends assembled busted out in hysterical laughter...

GottaHavePride
6/23/2008, 10:51 PM
Fixed for my tastes.

Yeah, I forgot about Bill O'Reilly. I've never watched Lou Dobbs, so I wouldn't know on that count.

SicEmBaylor
6/23/2008, 10:55 PM

Howard Stern
Don Imus
Rush Limbaugh
Nancy Grace

Jim Cramer and he's on CNBC.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/23/2008, 11:31 PM

Howard Stern
Don Imus
Geraldo Rivera
Algore
John EffingKerry
Teddy Chappaquiddick
Barryak Obama
I improved it a bit for you. You're welcome.

Soonerus
6/23/2008, 11:46 PM

Algore may be the worst of all...

def_lazer_fc
6/24/2008, 12:59 AM

"hates" blowhards, but yet is named after one of the biggest. thats precious.

6/24/2008, 01:33 AM
"hates" blowhards, but yet is named after one of the biggest. thats precious.How old are you? Do you even know who Limbaugh is? You are the precious one, prescious.(tee hee)

tommieharris91
6/24/2008, 01:37 AM
How old are you? Do you even know who Limbaugh is? You are the precious one, prescious.(tee hee)

The straw man sings, "If I only had a brain..."

dolemitesooner
6/24/2008, 08:49 AM
How old are you? Do you even know who Limbaugh is? You are the precious one, prescious.(tee hee)Why does it matter how old he is.

Your old enough to be in a home.

You star getting dumber at certain age.

I think that age has passed most people in homes by

GrapevineSooner
6/24/2008, 08:53 AM
Olbermann rules!!!!!!!!!!!

But he also proves anyone can get on television, make a fool of themselves and get paid.

Fixed.

Olby's a tool in my book.

So is O'Reilly BTW. And I'm sure Imus is in there somewhere too. So are Rush, Mark Levin, and Sean Insanity.

Still, I have a solution for anyone who is offended by either of those individuals.

DON'T LISTEN TO THEM OR WATCH THEM.

I can't stand Olby. Thus, I don't watch his show.

Problem solved.

M
6/24/2008, 09:37 AM
O'Reilly proves anyone can get on television, make a fool of themselves and get paid.

We'll do it live!!! **** it!!!!1

sooner_born_1960
6/24/2008, 09:39 AM
Controversy = ratings. If he loses this gig, he'll get another.

Okla-homey
6/24/2008, 12:34 PM
It's just possible, possible mind you, what Imus meant was Pacman was repeatedly arrested because he's black while inferring that were Pacman white, he wouldn't have had the same problems with the law for similar conduct.

Now, let's face it. If that's what Imus meant, I don't think anyone should have a problem because I think we all admit, at least to ourselves, that young black males are under heightened scrutiny by police.

Unfortunately for Imus, his mouth is also under heightened scrutiny and he is a lightning rod for this sort of thing.

just saying.

Mjcpr
6/24/2008, 12:37 PM
So you can relate?

:D

Bone
6/24/2008, 12:38 PM
I'm not buying the explanation.

badger
6/24/2008, 12:49 PM
A chance for us to cry about racial injustices in the national media?

Sharpton and Jackson in 5...4...3...

swardboy
6/24/2008, 01:02 PM
I'm pretty sure all you pretty boys that rag on Limbaugh are spoon-fed by the liberal media on who/what he is.....You've never given even one entire show a hearing. Rag on, but Rush has many liberal listeners, and more than a few have called in to thank him for saving them from the herd mentality that our citadels of higher learning espouse as regards political views.

I love my Sooner brethren, but the sycophants who nursed on a college prof. and haven't the balls to "get outside" the classroom are a concern.

Them who can, do. Them who can't, teach.

r5TPsooner
6/24/2008, 01:05 PM
I'm pretty sure all you pretty boys that rag on Limbaugh are spoon-fed by the liberal media on who/what he is.....You've never given even one entire show a hearing. Rag on, but Rush has many liberal listeners, and more than a few have called in to thank him for saving them from the herd mentality that our citadels of higher learning espouse as regards political views.

I love my Sooner brethren, but the sycophants who nursed on a college prof. and haven't the balls to "get outside" the classroom are a concern.

I consider my self a good conservative and well to the right but I can't stand to listen to the guy. IMO, there isn't a bigger hypocrite on the radio other than Keith Olbermann.

Rush quit being a voice of/for conservatism long ago and all he does now is try to feed his own ego and his desire for more Vicodin.

He's a POS in my book and gives good, conservative Republicans a bad name.

6/24/2008, 01:12 PM
I consider my self a good conservative and well to the right but I can't stand to listen to the guy. IMO, there isn't a bigger hypocrite on the radio other than Keith Olbermann.

Rush quit being a voice of/for conservatism long ago and all he does now is try to feed his own ego and his desire for more Vicodin.

He's a POS in my book and gives good, conservative Republicans a bad name.Just who do you think articulates conservatism better, tiger?

Vaevictis
6/24/2008, 01:16 PM

Easily one of the biggest loads of bull**** ever.

tommieharris91
6/24/2008, 01:49 PM
It's just possible, possible mind you, what Imus meant was Pacman was repeatedly arrested because he's black while inferring that were Pacman white, he wouldn't have had the same problems with the law for similar conduct.

Now, let's face it. If that's what Imus meant, I don't think anyone should have a problem because I think we all admit, at least to ourselves, that young black males are under heightened scrutiny by police.

Unfortunately for Imus, his mouth is also under heightened scrutiny and he is a lightning rod for this sort of thing.

just saying.

What's funny is that, had he clarified this on his show as he made the comment, we probably wouldn't talking about this right now.

Curly Bill
6/24/2008, 01:57 PM
Easily one of the biggest loads of bull**** ever.

It's one of those things people hear and they repeat without really thinking about it because they think it sounds good.

Really kind of like his bagging on the liberals on here (fine by me) for regurgitating what they heard from their college profs.

badger
6/24/2008, 02:04 PM
I love hearing other people's opinions, even if they end up reinforcing my own.

Rush is a commentator I have heard a great many a' time, mostly growing up because my dad listen to them and as driver of the car, he chose the car's radio station.

From an early age, I have found Rush to be a soapbox type guy that provides the one-liners necessary for him to get quoted in other media. Failing radio stations keep to themselves and stick with their principles out of principle.

I will say it now as I have said many times before - people do the dumbest things out of principle, why crying "It's the principle!" afterward.

Rush stays on the air by providing the angst and voice of many who refuse to speak aloud themselves. He is the "angry white man" in us all, even if we don't consider ourselves angry, white or "man." Rush will complain about leftist ideals when we are afraid of sounding politically incorrect. Rush will criticize all whom we hold sacred (even as we bite our lips to avoid voicing our own criticism). Rush, in essence, keeps us awake when we're driving down the road of life, because AM talk radio stations carry so well through the night despite your remote signal :D

Rush is the hateable guy that will always have a job because he is so hateable and you like hating someone, so you'll continue tuning in.

Others that you have named in that list (didn't the stock guy have a cameo in that Iron Man movie?) fill your need to hate. If you didn't hate them all so much, they wouldn't have a job. Loud, annoying and controversial voices balance your equal hate for the silent types that refuse to speak out in fear of offending someone, being labeled as a hater, being politically incorrect.

In other words, you need your "list" guys, and if they weren't around, someone else would be. As soon as Don Imus is booted from the radio, someone will take his place. My money's on Tucker Carlson, realizing that he is just too darn bland in all his attempts to be famous on television. Soon, Tucker Carlson will be yelling "It's racist to think I'm racist!" with the best (worst?) of them, and you'll be tuning in to report back here that Tucker screwed up once again.

It's the cirrrrrrclllle. The circle of liiiiiiiiiffffeee. :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
6/24/2008, 02:06 PM
badger is so wise. SPEK

r5TPsooner
6/24/2008, 02:23 PM
Just who do you think articulates conservatism better, tiger?

IMO? Glenn Beck.

shaun4411
6/24/2008, 02:26 PM
o'reilly.

6/24/2008, 02:31 PM
...From an early age, I have found Rush to be a soapbox type guy that provides the one-liners necessary for him to get quoted in other media. Failing radio stations keep to themselves and stick with their principles out of principle.???huh?

Rush stays on the air by providing the angst and voice of many who refuse to speak aloud themselves. He is the "angry white man" in us all, even if we don't consider ourselves angry, white or "man." Rush will complain about leftist ideals when we are afraid of sounding politically incorrect. Rush will criticize ALL WHOM WE HOLD SACRED??? (even as we bite our lips to avoid voicing our own criticism).

Rush is the HATEABLE guy that will always have a job because he is so HATEABLE and you like hating someone, so you'll continue tuning in.

So, why is it you hate him? Who is it he criticizes that you hold sacred? Do you like his points/messages? Who do you think does the best job of articulating conservatism?

Animal Mother
6/24/2008, 02:33 PM

So what do you teach blowharder???

6/24/2008, 02:41 PM
o'reilly.OReilly isn't an economic conservative. He doesn't seem to understand capitalism very well.

shaun4411
6/24/2008, 02:44 PM
what about capitalism doesnt he understand? many people seem to trust his word on things.

6/24/2008, 02:45 PM
IMO? Glenn Beck.Beck doesn't have the "gravitas". He isn't as able as Rush to dig in to the very core of liberal thought. He's pretty good, but IMO doesn't really "fight back" against the libs as well as he should.

6/24/2008, 02:46 PM
what about capitalism doesnt he understand? many people seem to trust his word on things.He's very quick to be swayed by the libs attacks against American business. His dad was a union guy of some kind, so it's understandable.

badger
6/24/2008, 02:53 PM
So, why is it you hate him? Who is it he criticizes that you hold sacred? Do you like his points/messages? Who do you think does the best job of articulating conservatism?

Howdy, Rush. ;)

I don't hate him for his opinions. As I stated, I enjoy hearing other opinions, even if they just help reinforce my own.

The reason I find him unlikeable, more than any other reason, is that can be rather pathetic at times. "Pathetic," by definition, is one "arousing pity," and Rush has tended to feel sorry for himself on-air at times. For example, around midterm time in 2006, he said it was so difficult for him as a traditional conservative to support the current administration but that he had to out of party loyalty. I found these type of remarks pathetic (which, remember, by definition, is to arouse pity). He likes to take hard stances and be firm in his ideals, and then he admits how weak and frail his ideals really were all along.

I do not hold her sacred by any means, but he did criticize a minor Chelsea Clinton as a "dog" once. This is an example of him creating sound bytes for other media to lap up and massively communicate. I think children should be off limits. Criticize daddy and mommy all you want, it's a position they chose when they entered public office and the political bully pulpit, but children were not there by choice.

I find that when he goes off the cuff and doesn't just pull one liners out off his script or whatever he has in his booth, he can have valid opinions and concerns. The fact that traditonal Republicans were dealing with a non-traditional Republican like W. in office was a valid concern (I just found it pathetic the way he chose to present that concern). I absolutely hate smoking because it is a disgusting habit with terrible health consequences for smokers and surrounding people, but I agree with him that it should be cause for concern when they take rights of smokers away that used to be pretty much a given.

My favorite conservative? Well, does Lincoln, the original Republican, count here? :)

OklahomaRed
6/24/2008, 02:54 PM
Add to that list:

Oprah Winfrey
Ellen Degeneris (sp)
Jerry Springer

You are "bored out of your mind" if you have time to listen to these blowhards. :D

shaun4411
6/24/2008, 02:59 PM
He's very quick to be swayed by the libs attacks against American business. His dad was a union guy of some kind, so it's understandable.

i happen to like oreilly because he is a very level headed guy. he usually doesnt say something stupid, and has the ability to communicate with the left and the right and find the good and bad in both. he'll often play a soundbite and say something like "here is the soundbite, you take what you will from that" without putting any sort of spin many do (the no spin zone!). i dont take what he says to be gold, but i think most of what he says is good. and if it wasnt, he wouldnt have the ratings he has on both radio and television. radio is all ratings, you wont get them if you spew garbage. that is why there isnt much liberal talk radio out there. they dont have much to say, and dont have enough to back it up.

i like savage too, but he is a bit on the end for me. he is better for entertainment value than someone on which to base a real political viewpoint.

6/24/2008, 03:10 PM
Howdy, Rush. ;)

The reason I find him unlikeable, more than any other reason, is that can be rather pathetic at times. "Pathetic," by definition, is one "arousing pity," and Rush has tended to feel sorry for himself on-air at times. For example, around midterm time in 2006, he said it was so difficult for him as a traditional conservative to support the current administration but that he had to out of party loyalty. I found these type of remarks pathetic (which, remember, by definition, is to arouse pity). He likes to take hard stances and be firm in his ideals, and then he admits HOW WEAK AND FRAIL HIS IDEAS REALLY WERE ALL ALONG.(howdy, lib!):P

... The fact that traditonal Republicans were dealing with a non-traditional Republican like W. in office was a valid concern (I just found it pathetic the way he chose to present that concern). I absolutely hate smoking because it is a disgusting habit with terrible health consequences for smokers and surrounding people, but I agree with him that it should be cause for concern when they take rights of smokers away that used to be pretty much a given.

My favorite conservative? Well, does Lincoln, the original Republican, count here? :)I envy your ability to type so fast!
With a three hour show every day, he has had to convey or ignore all sorts of emotions, all the time. I remember many times hearing him express how unhappy he has been with some of the things done by republicans, including W Bush, of course. Interesting you find that pathetic. I have often heard him express NON-SUPPORT of the things he disagrees with, yet supports the person overall, because of the things they do that Rush thinks are good.

He has oftentiimes criticized many republicans. He continues to offer overall backing, because the alternative is almost 100% wrong(democrats and other leftists)I don't find that particularly pathetic.

What do you mean by HOW WEAK AND FRAIL HIS IDEAS REALLY WERE ALL ALONG? Are you a lib?

Animal Mother
6/24/2008, 03:16 PM
i happen to like oreilly because he is a very level headed guy. he usually doesnt say something stupid, and has the ability to communicate with the left and the right and find the good and bad in both. he'll often play a soundbite and say something like "here is the soundbite, you take what you will from that" without putting any sort of spin many do (the no spin zone!). i dont take what he says to be gold, but i think most of what he says is good. and if it wasnt, he wouldnt have the ratings he has on both radio and television. radio is all ratings, you wont get them if you spew garbage. that is why there isnt much liberal talk radio out there. they dont have much to say, and dont have enough to back it up.

i like savage too, but he is a bit on the end for me. he is better for entertainment value than someone on which to base a real political viewpoint.

We certainly have differing opinions on the meaning of "on the end". Savage has a large hole in his marble bag and sopunds off to attract attention.

badger
6/24/2008, 03:17 PM
Oh noes, the "lib" label :D

What do you mean by HOW WEAK AND FRAIL HIS IDEAS REALLY WERE ALL ALONG? Are you a lib?

Dear, oh dear dear dear. I am a native Wisconsinite. I am from the land of the infamous Senator Joe McCarthy, so I am quick to pickup on where this is going :D

He exposed himself as a conservative fraud for his pandering. He stood by and watched as W. and Co. enjoyed their approval ratings despite their non-conservative ideals. Now that it is the popular thing to do to bash Bush, that is exactly what he is doing. That, in itself, is pathetic.

Now, I know it would have been killer to some of his audience to criticize Bush when Dubya was enjoying 70 percent approval ratings, but considering that he has an audience on his ability to anger and offend, why didn't he jump at the chance?

Oh, right... he probably thought "It's the principle." :D

I am a lifelong registered Republican, but I love talking to southern liberals... they remind me of the moderate northern Republicans I grew up with :)

SicEmBaylor
6/24/2008, 03:20 PM
IMO? Glenn Beck.

As far as national media types who have their own show, I think you're right.

There are much much much much better people who can articulate real conservatism, but Glenn Beck is as close as you can get to the real thing among TV or radio hosts.

6/24/2008, 03:26 PM

i like savage too, but he is a bit on the end for me. he is better for entertainment value than someone on which to base a real political viewpoint.Dittos, mofo!

r5TPsooner
6/24/2008, 03:30 PM
As far as national media types who have their own show, I think you're right.

There are much much much much better people who can articulate real conservatism, but Glenn Beck is as close as you can get to the real thing among TV or radio hosts.

Obviously. On a side note Glenn Beck was in OKC a few weeks ago and I mentioned that I was going. A few folks on here, posted and joked how they'd bet that the show would be a "hot ticket." Turns out that he sold the place out except for a few of the seats in the high dollar balcony and most of those were sold too.

He has a bigger following than I ever imagined and it's only getting bigger. I was mildly impressed.

6/24/2008, 03:38 PM
Oh noes, the "lib" label :D

Dear, oh dear dear dear. I am a native Wisconsinite. I am from the land of the infamous Senator Joe McCarthy, so I am quick to pickup on where this is going :D

He exposed himself as a CONSERVATIVE FRAUD FOR HIS PANDERING!:eek: He stood by and watched as W. and Co. enjoyed their approval ratings despite their non-conservative ideals. Now that it is the popular thing to do to bash Bush, that is exactly what he is doing. That, in itself, is pathetic.???

Now, I know it would have been killer to some of his audience to criticize Bush when Dubya was enjoying 70 percent approval ratings, but considering that he has an audience on his ability to anger and offend, why didn't he jump at the chance? A: He has always criticized Bush when he thought Bush did something wrong.

Oh, right... he probably thought "It's the principle." :D

I am a lifelong registered Republican, but I love talking to southern liberals... they remind me of the moderate northern Republicans I grew up with . :) I think you may have had Rush's show on the radion when driving with your dad, but not really listeng closely very often. Limbaugh almost always criticizes most evey liberal idea espoused by all republicans that he knows about, including W, Bush Sr. and candidate McCain.

soonerscuba
6/24/2008, 03:44 PM
i dont take what he says to be gold, but i think most of what he says is good. and if it wasnt, he wouldnt have the ratings he has on both radio and television. radio is all ratings, you wont get them if you spew garbage.
For someone who taught Hawking a thing or two, you don't know crap about radio. Guess which has higher ratings, O'Reilly or your average morning zoo featuring slappy and wappy? If you guessed slappy, wappy, Joe VanDriver and the Zoo Krew, you're right. I would actually argue that the more you spew garbage the higher the ratings.

Also, Mariah Carey has sold more albums than Zeppelin, so the market has spoken, MC is far more relevant to music than Zeppelin.

OklahomaRed
6/24/2008, 03:45 PM
I like O'Reilly. He actually does come off "fair and balanced", although I'm sure the ultra-liberals don't think so.

Don't like the "grudge report" for the most part he's a little to over the top.

I like listeing to Michael Medved as well, though he too can sometimes be a little too critical.

I can take or leave Rush. He's a little to sold on himself, though some of the stuff he "predicts" does seem to have a way of happening? :D

shaun4411
6/24/2008, 03:46 PM
i know relatively little about glenn beck. i just know the name.

badger
6/24/2008, 03:47 PM
:) I think you may have had Rush's show on the radion when driving with your dad, but not really listeng closely very often. Limbaugh almost always criticizes most evey liberal idea espoused by all republicans that he knows about, including W, Bush Sr. and candidate McCain.

I was never entirely interested, because of the way he spoke. His tune was also unlikeable :D

So, that's about all I'll say on that before I get me or NP in South Oval trouble. Remember, however, that any time anyone dares pull the "You're a Liberal" card will immediately be called and raised with the "McCarthy" card (one of the only benefits of being a native of Wisconsin on an Oklahoma Sooner message board, the other being in an alliance with Dean). Just because I don't like Rush necessarily doesn't mean I'm a liberal, just like a'many years ago, just because you disagree with McCarthyism does not make you a communist.

And, that's all, folks! :D

shaun4411
6/24/2008, 03:52 PM
For someone who taught Hawking a thing or two, you don't know crap about radio. Guess which has higher ratings, O'Reilly or your average morning zoo featuring slappy and wappy? If you guessed slappy, wappy, Joe VanDriver and the Zoo Krew, you're right. I would actually argue that the more you spew garbage the higher the ratings.

Also, Mariah Carey has sold more albums than Zeppelin, so the market has spoken, MC is far more relevant to music than Zeppelin.

more people locally will listen to those stupid morning shows, but nationally, more people will listen to an oreilly. it all depends on what you wake up in the morning for. if you want mindless entertainment, then youll listen to a morning show on your local station, and if you want to be informed, oreilly is a good way to go. that was what i meant. when it is known that youre there for simple entertainment, you can say whatever you want, and bring in ratings. but that isnt why you tune to oreilly or limbaugh. some segments for entertainment sure, but its generally understood to be serious and informative information.

stoopified
6/24/2008, 04:44 PM
Y'all just back the hell off my boy O'Reilly.

Scott D
6/24/2008, 04:48 PM
I'm pretty sure that I'm offended by badger's statement of there being an angry white guy somewhere in me. ;)

def_lazer_fc
6/24/2008, 05:29 PM
How old are you? Do you even know who Limbaugh is? You are the precious one, prescious.(tee hee)

27, and yes, i know who limbaugh is. :rolleyes:

def_lazer_fc
6/24/2008, 05:34 PM
Rag on, but Rush has many liberal listeners, and more than a few have called in to thank him for saving them from the HERD MENTALITY that our citadels of higher learning espouse as regards political views.

i may be wrong, but don't limbaugh fans proudly profess themselves to be "ditto-heads"? or have they dropped that now. lets face it. left, right, everyone tends to gravitate to programming that more or less is in tune with what they already believe. im as guilty as anyone else. not to say i won't listen to conservatives. hardly. but limbaugh is a little too full of bull****.

a lot of people sure hate universities until it comes to football. ;)

Crimson_Balls
6/24/2008, 06:11 PM
Amendment 1 gives us the right to free speech...Right?

Why is it that we can't say things anymore without walking on egg shells?

We've got this thing upside down. I'm not saying ts right to be racist. I just think people should express their views and not get fired for their opinions.

We are hypocritical to say one thing at work or at church and then go home to our friends and family and tell them what we really think.

Our politicians have trained us how to BS everybody and not be honest with ourselves. just tell me how you really feel and maybe we can move forward at least knowing where we stand.

yermom
6/24/2008, 06:16 PM
i was thinking about this the other day as well.

the problem is that, while it's not illegal to say dumb ****, and that maybe not worth getting fired over, someone like Imus is there because people listen to his show, and people pay to have commercials aired during his show

if the sponsors don't want to pay for his airtime, he doesn't have a job

so the 1st amendment may keep him out of jail, it doesn't guarantee him a job

Scott D
6/24/2008, 06:22 PM
Amendment 2 gives us the right to free speech...Right?

Why is it that we can't say things anymore without walking on egg shells?

We've got this thing upside down. I'm not saying ts right to be racist. I just think people should express their views and not get fired for their opinions.

We are hypocritical to say one thing at work or at church and then go home to our friends and family and tell them what we really think.

Our politicians have trained us how to BS everybody and not be honest with ourselves. just tell me how you really feel and maybe we can move forward at least knowing where we stand.

I don't care much about what he had to say, but I might care if I was a business who paid money to advertise during his show, and what kind of adverse reaction it could have with my customer base. Surely, businesses are protected from the first amendment by the right to profit that proliferates this country.

shaun4411
6/24/2008, 06:28 PM
the only free speech ammendment #2 gives us is the speech of our bullets whirring through the air. or the speech the cocking of my shotgun in the dark room an intruder is standing in while trying to rob me.

i like being conservative. being an non lazy, able-bodied, straight, white, male, american, i would be crazy to want to be a liberal. im at the bottom of their sh*t list.

yermom
6/24/2008, 06:35 PM
the only free speech ammendment #2 gives us is the speech of our bullets whirring through the air. or the speech the cocking of my shotgun in the dark room an intruder is standing in while trying to rob me.

i like being conservative. being an non lazy, able-bodied, straight, white, male, american, i would be crazy to want to be a liberal. im at the bottom of their sh*t list.

what the hell are you talking about?

EDIT: ok, i get the first part, i didn't notice Balls' 2nd amendment thing. i guess you can say whatever you want if you have a gun ;)

tommieharris91
6/24/2008, 06:46 PM
Amendment 2 gives us the right to free speech...Right?

According to the flying dickwheels round here, Amendment 2 give us the right to do just about anything. :texan:

Crimson_Balls
6/24/2008, 06:50 PM
i was thinking about this the other day as well.

the problem is that, while it's not illegal to say dumb ****, and that maybe not worth getting fired over, someone like Imus is there because people listen to his show, and people pay to have commercials aired during his show

if the sponsors don't want to pay for his airtime, he doesn't have a job

so the 1st amendment may keep him out of jail, it doesn't guarantee him a job

I think its more interesting as a listener. But I hear what your saying too.

I work in a corporate world and have to play the role

shaun4411
6/26/2008, 01:54 PM
at least the supreme court got something right; removing a ban on handguns.