PDA

View Full Version : I wanna go to an EPL game. I need you geniuses to help

JohnnyMack
6/23/2008, 11:58 AM
A friend of mine and I are looking at early 2009 to go over for a long weekend.

How hard are tickets to come by? How much do they cost? I don't have to go to a Chelsea / Man U match, I just want to go experience it. I'd almost rather go to a match in a small town. Where do I get tickets?

Thank you for your support.

JohnnyMack
6/24/2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks for all your help, dickwheels.

BillyBall
6/24/2008, 02:30 PM
Ive been to 3 EPL games and my experience at Fulham was the best. The stadium kicks *** and I was able to see a quality game (Fulham-Arsenal) for a bit less as well.

silverwheels
6/24/2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks for all your help, dickwheels.

It's silverwheels. :mad:

I really want to see Liverpool at Anfield, so I'm in the same boat as you and would like some answers.

GrapevineSooner
6/24/2008, 03:37 PM
Before Tommy Hicks tears the old ground down? ;)

Scott D
6/24/2008, 04:36 PM
go to a Hull game. As a team that just got promoted, their tickets should be on the lower end of the spectrum.

and as a selling point for you, be sure to get a Dean Windass jersey. :D

Williesan
6/24/2008, 11:10 PM
A friend of mine and I are looking at early 2009 to go over for a long weekend.

How hard are tickets to come by? How much do they cost? I don't have to go to a Chelsea / Man U match, I just want to go experience it. I'd almost rather go to a match in a small town. Where do I get tickets?

Thank you for your support.

Tickets aren't cheap - Reading, who was relegated (on goal diff. to Fulham :mad: ran from 25-50 pounds (before the dollar sank in the last year.) Do the exchange rate (currently at $1.97 to 1 GBP) and you're better off going to Boone Pickens stadium for what the fightin' [hairGel]'s call "football."

Most seats go to season ticket holders, but teams do hold out sections for the visitors, and they might not sell out. Catch a mid-table team vs. a lower table team and you might be able to pick up tix to a game.

Checking out various EPL team websites shows the best tix for Man U. at 912 GBP/season which works out to about 95 USD/game.

Fulham is 779 GBP/season for best seats.

Chelsea and Liverpool require "fan card membership" to access the season ticket pricing pages. However, Liverpool just got the green light to build a new stadium to replace Anfield - may want to visit that one before the wrecking ball comes in a few years.

If ya go, have a pint for me, and don't forget your salt and pepper for your food. (You'll need it.)

Williesan

silverwheels
6/25/2008, 02:43 AM
Before Tommy Hicks tears the old ground down? ;)

Yeah, if he ever gets around to it.

birddog
6/25/2008, 09:51 AM
if you are looking to stay in london there are alot of options. if it has to be an epl match, you're limited a little bit. here is some info. on charlton athletic. they've got a great stadium.

http://tickets.cafc.co.uk/STnotice.ink

birddog
6/25/2008, 10:20 AM
here's a list of the clubs in and around london....

Arsenal
Chelsea
Fulham-1879 oldest london club
Tottenham Hotspur
West Ham United
Charlton Athletic
Crystal Palace
Queens Park Rangers
Leyton Orient
Millwall
Barnet
Brentford