PDA

View Full Version : EARRRRLY bowl matchups from the Sporting News pre-season mag....

Salt City Sooner
6/21/2008, 10:56 PM
Take 'em FWIW, some good games if they come to fruition. B12/Oklahoma-Stoops related are bolded. I'll do the B12/individual info later.

BCS Title game- UGA-tOSU

Rose- USC-Ill.

Sugar- Mizzou-Florida

Fiesta- OU-Oregon

Orange- Clemson-WVU

Non-BCS bowls:

New Mexico- Air Force vs. Boise St.

Congressonal- Virginia vs. Navy

St. Petersburg- Temple vs. UTEP

Las Vegas- BYU vs. Oregon St.

New Orleans- East Carolina vs. Fla. Atl.

Poinsettia- Louisville vs. TCU

Hawaii- Arizona vs. Nevada

Motor City- Ball St. vs. Northwestern

Meineke Car Care- Fla. St. vs. Rutgers

Champs Sports- Miami vs. Penn St.

Emarald- Ga. Tech vs. Cal

Independence- Nebraska. vs. Arkansas

Papajohn's.com- Uconn vs. Southern Miss

Alamo (otherwise known as the 150 Total Passes Bowl :eek: )- Purdue vs. Tx. Tech

Humanitarian- UNC vs. Fresno St.

Holiday- KU vs. Arizona St.

Texas- Colorado vs. South Florida

Armed Forces- Houston vs. Utah

Sun- Pitt vs. UCLA

Music City- NC St. vs. Miss. St.

Insight- OSU vs. Mich. St.

Chick-Fil-A- Va. Tech vs. Auburn

Outback- Michigan vs. Alabama

Gator- Wake Forest vs. Notre Dame

Capital One- Wisconsin vs. LSU

Cotton- Texas vs. Tennessee

Liberty- Tulsa vs. South Carolina

International- Cincy vs. Central Mich.

GMAC- Central Florida vs. Miami-Ohio

tulsaoilerfan
6/21/2008, 11:03 PM
Please no Ohio State in the title game, and can we go somewhere other than Glendale? Like maybe the title game site? is it Miami this year?

Ardmore_Sooner
6/21/2008, 11:09 PM
I'll be surprised if we wind up in Glendale again, regardless if we win the Big 12 or not.

OU_Sooners75
6/21/2008, 11:39 PM
Ohio State will not be in the NCG for the third straight year.

If so they seriously need to do a major overhaul of the BCS again.

Outside of Wisconsin, Illinois, and USC, their schedule is a freaking joke.

OU_Sooners75
6/21/2008, 11:40 PM
I'll be surprised if we wind up in Glendale again, regardless if we win the Big 12 or not.

If we win the Big 12 and are not in sunny Miami, then we will be in Glendale no matter what.

That is where the Big 12 Champ plays unless they are in the National Championship game.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/21/2008, 11:43 PM
OUch, man. I live in PHX, and I sure hope the Sooners don't play here again. I would have to boybott the game. I don't think the fans would come out here 3 yrs in a row, after the last 2 experiences.

goingoneight
6/22/2008, 12:16 AM
They would if it were against Oregon... I guarandamntee it.

Ardmore_Sooner
6/22/2008, 01:05 AM
If we win the Big 12 and are not in sunny Miami, then we will be in Glendale no matter what.

That is where the Big 12 Champ plays unless they are in the National Championship game.

I had a brain fart, you are right.

KingBarry
6/22/2008, 02:10 AM
Ohio State will not be in the NCG for the third straight year.

If so they seriously need to do a major overhaul of the BCS again.

Outside of Wisconsin, Illinois, and USC, their schedule is a freaking joke.

Your point is well taken, and I am not making fun of you, but just reading your post I had the thought that "Anybody playing Wisconsin, Illinois and USC has a pretty respectable schedule." And Michigan? And Penn State?

Those are not exactly cupcakes.

And regarding the Sooners in Glendale -- The Big XII Champion is contracted to the Fiesta, but as I recall from last season, there is a provision that provides an out for repeat appearances -- but only if nobody objects.

As I recall last season, Joe C. tried to invoke this provision to move us out of Glendale to instead play Va Tech. The reason it was rejected, according to innuendo, was that the BCS feared that OU would defeat a highly-ranked Va Tech and throw us into competition with the BCS Champ for AP votes -- thus undermining the BCS.

Assuming that we would be slated for the Fiesta for a third strait year, and assuming there's no political shenanigans going on, I think it's very likely a deal would be worked out to move us elsewhere.

BUT, I gotta say I'd be interested in the Oregon meetings.

Collier11
6/22/2008, 09:56 AM

actually not so, they likely wouldnt have us 3 straight years just for the sake of fan support of the game and national interest. Remember we almost went to the Orange Bowl this yr again Va Tech but a couple of the commissioners vetoed it, in hindsight wouldnt that have been nice. I would think that if we won the Big 12 again and didnt get in the MNC game that we would go to the Orange or Sugar in a swap

BillyBall
6/22/2008, 10:37 AM
Texas Tech - Purdue would be a 12 hour game.

SteelClip49
6/22/2008, 10:40 AM
The only way to be sure of the Sugar or Orange, if not getting to the national title game, would simply be not to win the Big XII and just hope for an at-large berth but I think people would rather take a Big 12 title and Fiesta berth over an at-large to New Orleans or Miami.

yermom
6/22/2008, 11:10 AM
hopefully the Fiesta would make enough of a stink to get us out of there if we are slated to play there again.

i think the Orange Bowl being the MNC site would probably favor us since the committee knows how much we love going there

we are about due to play there again :D

SteelClip49
6/22/2008, 11:18 AM
well...in 2002 was it the Orange Bowl committee that did not want OU back because of recently being there or what was the deal? Fiesta Bowl was the NC game so it was between the Rose, Sugar and Orange. I figured a lot of Sooners had already made plane reservations and bought Orange Bowl tickets but we ended up getting the Rose Bowl. I know friends and family were prepared to head to Miami. You know how the Rose is on Pac 10/Big Ten so how did OU end up in Pasadena?

yermom
6/22/2008, 11:27 AM
Iowa was a really hot team that year, and we had just been there, i'm sure that had some to do with it

the problem is that if there is another mid-major that qualifies, i'm guessing that would be who someone would be trading us for, otherwise they are likely to be in the Orange Bowl because they would have the last pick this year, i believe. the Fiesta would really have to not want us if they are willing to take a Utah, Hawaii, or Boise State over us

i think i liked it better when there were just four BCS games. they need another site. hopefully it will be the Cotton Bowl

OUstud
6/22/2008, 11:38 AM
problem is, if they add the Cotton Bowl, they'll probably move the Big XII Champ tie in to there. No offense to JerryWorld, but LA/PHX/NO/MIA>Dallas.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/22/2008, 11:46 AM
hopefully the Fiesta would make enough of a stink to get us out of there if we are slated to play there again.

i think the Orange Bowl being the MNC site would probably favor us since the committee knows how much we love going there

we are about due to play there again :DOB has been very good to the Sooners. 4 of our 7 NC's have come after winning there.

JLEW1818
6/22/2008, 01:40 PM
Tech gets in before Mizzo. what ya'll think about that?

tulsaoilerfan
6/22/2008, 02:28 PM
Ah, you gotta love the long summer months leading up to football; let's all check back in late November and see just how accurate this turns out to be

soonerinabilene
6/22/2008, 02:43 PM

I think you got some pretty good crack.

goingoneight
6/22/2008, 02:53 PM

It's believable... I'm telling everyone, Mizzou was a one-hit wonder. Elite-level programs who come to play put them in their places rather easily. Their bread and butter is relying on a playground offense against sh**** defenses. They also lost just enough starters to go back to being good ole Mizzou again. One bum ankle to Daniel and they're nothing period.

JLEW1818
6/22/2008, 02:53 PM
I think you got some pretty good crack.

No way Mizzo gets in. They will have at least 1 loss going into the big 12 championship. If we beat them again, I don't see them getting in, so therefore I would say Tech has a better chance since they won't have to play for a big 12 championship, (example Georgia last year).

badger
6/22/2008, 04:40 PM
I would be fine with playing Oregon, but I'd rather it be for all the marbles. Since when is Oregon going to do anything this coming season? Why is it that USC and Illinois are returning to the Rose Bowl once again?! What is up with this prediction schmiction...

REAL predictions here!

Championship game:
Oklahoma vs. Georgia

Rose Bowl:
UCLA vs. Wisconsin

Fiesta Bowl:
Texas Tech vs. Michigan

Sugar Bowl:
Alabama vs. West Virginia

Orange Bowl:
South Florida vs. Miami

THERE is your real predictions, folks. I know they sound really odd and not at all educated, but I guarantee you it won't be what you expect, so here is a COMPLETELY unexpected both lineup of the big names (that are guaranteed bowl invites), the new names (that will put butts in seats) or the guanteed-but-wish-we-didn't-have-to-invite teams.

OUtlandish prediction #1: SEC, Big 10 and Big 12 all have multi-bids.
Why: Because the SEC has big names, the Big 10 has easy schedules and the Big 12 will have high rankings, guaranteeing a big to someone ranked high. I predict our champions to be Oklahoma (Big 12), Wisconsin (Big 10) and Georgia (SEC). The others will be automatic (Texas Tech of Big 12 for a high ranking for only losing to OU in a close game in Norman), big name (Alabama in SEC, fans promise to give extra kidney for BCS berth) and hyped up (Michigan's new spread offense woot woot woot of Big 10).

OUtlandish prediction #2: No mid-majors in BCS
OUTCRY! UNFAIR! WHINE! WITH CHEESE! Because of guaranteed bids to championships and certain-rankin' teams, you will see no mid-majors this year, despite a solid effort from... um... (quick! think, think...) BYU, and, um, Nevada. Not to mention... um (think! THINK!) Miami of Ohio. However, no undefeated seasons and no really cool schedules leaves BCS unimpressed...with lawsuits!

OUtlandish prediction #3: The rebirth and emergence of Florida fooseball
We have dreaded this day since the turn of the millenium. Miami, faced with declining competition in the ACC, will rise to the title of... boo. South Florida slides in because they are a neighborhood team with a solid year of high rankin'. Unfortunately, this means we might actually have to deal with Miami next year. Oh noes.

OUtlandish prediction #4: The rise of former powerhouses.
UCLA over USC?! Alabama over Auburn?! Is it finally time to get Nebraska back in championship discussions?! No, because Nebraska loses to us in the title game after Mizzou fails to live up to any expectations placed on them after Chase concussions him right out of Heisman hype.

Not saying this is going to happen, but I'm playing Lee Corso here - I'm making the predictions that nobody else will so that when they come true, I will sound like a legit commentator! Oh... now where did I put my mascot hat...

http://i.pbase.com/t6/53/688553/4/85199654.BrpQk6ak.jpg
YAY! I look really stupid on national television now! DA BULLS. :rolleyes:

EstablishedSooner1967
6/22/2008, 07:09 PM
only game worst than tOSU is OU based on the last 4.... but I will take my chances dont get me wrong.

JLEW1818
6/22/2008, 10:16 PM
no way ucla gets in a bcs game.

goingoneight
6/22/2008, 11:36 PM
Dood... it was a yoke.

Scott D
6/23/2008, 07:47 AM
Iowa was a really hot team that year, and we had just been there, i'm sure that had some to do with it

the problem is that if there is another mid-major that qualifies, i'm guessing that would be who someone would be trading us for, otherwise they are likely to be in the Orange Bowl because they would have the last pick this year, i believe. the Fiesta would really have to not want us if they are willing to take a Utah, Hawaii, or Boise State over us

i think i liked it better when there were just four BCS games. they need another site. hopefully it will be the Cotton Bowl

Iowa was ranked higher than us, which is why the Orange took them. Considering the whuppin' they took and we gave Wazzu, they probably regret the choice they made. The Rose would have taken Iowa if they'd had first pick too though. Especially since it would have given them their 'traditional' matchup.

And Mitch Dorger can suck it! :)

Prior to the BCS, the New Year's day pairings never would have occurred. The Rose Bowl normally features the champions of the Big Ten, the Ohio State Buckeyes and the Pac-10. However, because the Buckeyes had finished #2 in the BCS, they were set to play in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl for the national championship against Miami (Fla.)[1] Earlier in the season, Ohio State had defeated Washington State 25-7.

The Orange Bowl had the next pick after the Fiesta Bowl pairing, and #3 (#5 BCS) Iowa was chosen. The Rose Bowl had the next BCS selection. The next, best available team to choose was #8 (#7 BCS) Oklahoma, who won the Big 12 Championship Game, to play Pac-10 winner Washington State. When it came time for the Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl to make a second pick, both wanted USC. However, a BCS rule stated that if two bowls want the same team, the bowl with the higher payoff has the option.[2] The Orange Bowl immediately extended an at-large bid to the number 5 ranked Trojans and paired them with at-large number 3 Iowa in a Big Ten/Pac-10 "Rose Bowl" matchup in the 2003 Orange Bowl.[2] Rose Bowl committee executive director Mitch Dorger was not pleased with the results.[2] This left the Sugar Bowl with #14 BCS Florida State, the winner of the Atlantic Coast Conference. Notre Dame at 10-2 and #9 in the BCS standings was invited to the 2003 Gator Bowl. Kansas State at #8 also was left out.

Oklahoma came into 2003 Rose Bowl game as the Big 12 Champions, while Washington State came in champions of the Pac-10.

soonerfan28
6/23/2008, 07:51 AM
Any prediction that doesn't have OU in the national title is just crazy.:D

Collier11
6/23/2008, 09:33 AM
OU 277
BCS -4

badger
6/23/2008, 10:56 AM
Joke or not, my outlandish bowl predictions will probably be a better discussion topic than the national sporty types just rehashing who the top teams of recent years were and how they're going to once again be locks for the bowls they attend each and every year.

Also, my OUtlandish bowl predictions failed to mention that the Big East would also get two bids under my scenario... which I realize is not going to happen no matter how outlandish we are acting on a Sunday afternoon. THEREFORE, here is a new bowl projection based on craziness and Monday morning sans caffeine:

BCS Championship:
Oklahoma vs. Alabama
Why: Alabama takes the SEC title and there is no possible way to not take the undefeated Big 12 champion Sooners along with them. Bammans oogle over the thought of a 30th title. OU is just happy to not be sharing a stadium with complete dooshbaggery for once.

Orange Bowl: Florida vs. Miami
Why: ACC champion Miami and SEC at-large Florida stay in their backyard. Someone tell Tebow to NOT have fun on South Beach like Rex did not-too-many years back. Miami's dirt-easy ACC leads to a guaranteed bid.

Sugar Bowl: Michigan vs. West Virginia
Why: Michigan is an at-large Big 10 with a large fanbase to get a Sugar Bowl selection. WV is the best of the worth BCS conference in the Big East.

Rose Bowl: Wisconsin vs. Arizona State
Why: Ok, so UCLA is still a year away from returning to glory. In that case, let's give the championship to ASU, who beats everyone except Stoops Jr. in Zona. Tee hee. Wisconsin wins the Big 10! Nobody cares. except me, of course. :D

Fiesta Bowl: Texas Tech vs. Notre Dame
Why: Because not even Charlie Weis could keep them out of the BCS this long. An 8-win schedule leads to the BCS (Fiesta gets first selection for losing Big 12 champ OU) and T-Tech get an auto bid for a high seeding for losing to OU and nobody else. Guaranteed to be the most fun you had on a weekend evening game since OSU vs. Troy. Guess which team is OSU and which team is Troy :D

MamaMia
6/23/2008, 10:59 AM
I have no intentions on going to the Fiesta Bowl again in the near future.

MyT Oklahoma
6/23/2008, 12:28 PM
OU vs. Oregon? In the Fiesta Bowl? Really?

"Quack.. Quack and Quack."

Collier11
6/23/2008, 12:45 PM
I have no intentions on going to the Fiesta Bowl again in the near future.

until Late December when you book your tix :D

badger
6/23/2008, 01:04 PM
While the Fiesta Bowl is indeed ON NOTICE (see below)
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/21ea557ddc.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with it being our version of Texas' Holiday Bowl. The Fiesta Bowl is a top tier bowl reserved for top tier and conference championship teams.

Think of the alternative - we could be Texas and we could predict another Holiday Bowl appearance instead of title game/Fiesta appearances :D Admit it, Lid - you already booked your travel and hotel, haven't you? ;)

So, without further ado, here are our Big 12 bowl appearance predictions...

Cotton: Nebbish, for losing the Big 12 Championship game
Holiday: Texas, this year and the next 20
Gator: A&M, with new fangled offensive schemes!
Alamo: Kansas, who lost a lot of starters but still has the same coach
Insight: Mizzou, who can't stand the thought of being in the same town as the Fiesta Bowl
Independence Bowl: Oklahoma State, because Boone Pickens donations also pay for bribes... and all the tickets the OSU fans aren't buying.

In accordance with my other predictions, Tech and OU are big game bowlin'. It will be a tossup on whether Colorado or Oklahoma State get the last invite, as they are both going to be eligible... however, edge goes to the team that will bring more than 1,000 fans and to bribery.

OU_Sooners75
7/1/2008, 05:27 AM
Your point is well taken, and I am not making fun of you, but just reading your post I had the thought that "Anybody playing Wisconsin, Illinois and USC has a pretty respectable schedule." And Michigan? And Penn State?

Those are not exactly cupcakes.

And regarding the Sooners in Glendale -- The Big XII Champion is contracted to the Fiesta, but as I recall from last season, there is a provision that provides an out for repeat appearances -- but only if nobody objects.

As I recall last season, Joe C. tried to invoke this provision to move us out of Glendale to instead play Va Tech. The reason it was rejected, according to innuendo, was that the BCS feared that OU would defeat a highly-ranked Va Tech and throw us into competition with the BCS Champ for AP votes -- thus undermining the BCS.

Assuming that we would be slated for the Fiesta for a third strait year, and assuming there's no political shenanigans going on, I think it's very likely a deal would be worked out to move us elsewhere.

BUT, I gotta say I'd be interested in the Oregon meetings.

The fact is Michigan is replacing way too much on offense to be a threat this season in the Big 10. In fact, the entire Big 10 will be a step below what they were last year. The rest of their schedule, like I said is a joke.

Penn State, they will be respectable, but so will Oklahoma State this year. You don't hear anyone bragging about playin them this year, do you?

We are a huge draw for the Fiesta Bowl or any bowl for that matter, no matter if we have won or lost two straight years. Changing Bowl games will not make the undeniable 4 straight BCS losses go away.

So it shouldn't matter where we play, if we make a BCS Bowl. We need to just win it so we can get that monkey off our back.

I wouldn't buy that story. Joe C. knew before asking to be moved to a different bowl that he would not receive his wishes. The chance was there, but the odds of being moved was very slim. I do no recall a conference champ with a bowl tie-in ever being moved since the formation of the BCS (unless the NCG was being played in their bowl). So if you are buying that story, you are gullible.

OU_Sooners75
7/1/2008, 05:35 AM
actually not so, they likely wouldnt have us 3 straight years just for the sake of fan support of the game and national interest. Remember we almost went to the Orange Bowl this yr again Va Tech but a couple of the commissioners vetoed it, in hindsight wouldnt that have been nice. I would think that if we won the Big 12 again and didnt get in the MNC game that we would go to the Orange or Sugar in a swap

You sound so sure of yourself in your post.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/eligibility

Team-Selection Procedures

The bowls will select their participants from two pools: (1) automatic qualifiers, all of which must be selected, and, (2) at-large teams, if fewer than 10 teams qualify automatically. The following sequence will be used when establishing pairings:

1. The top two teams in the final BCS Standings will be placed in the National Championship Game ("NCG").

2. Unless they qualify to play in the NCG, the champions of selected conferences are contractually committed to host selected games:

Atlantic Coast Conference-Orange Bowl
Big Ten Conference-Rose Bowl
Big 12 Conference-Fiesta Bowl
Pac-10 Conference-Rose Bowl
Southeastern Conference-Sugar Bowl

3. If a bowl loses a host team to the NCG, then such bowl shall select a replacement team from among the automatic-qualifying teams and the at-large teams before any other selections are made. If two bowls lose host teams to the NCG, each bowl will get a replacement pick before any other selections are made. In such case, the bowl losing the No. 1 team gets the first replacement pick, and the bowl losing the No. 2 team gets the second replacement pick. If the Rose Bowl loses both the Big Ten and Pac-10 champions to the NCG, it will receive two replacement picks.

A bowl choosing a replacement team may not select any of the following:

A. A team in the NCG;
B. The host team for another BCS Bowl;
C. When two bowls lose host teams, then the bowl losing the number one team may not select a replacement team from the same Conference as the number two team, unless the bowl losing the number two team consents.

Collier11
7/1/2008, 08:28 AM
You sound so sure of yourself in your post.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/eligibility

and as I said, if the commissioners approve it which I understand is a leap of faith, they could swap teams

yermom
7/1/2008, 09:16 AM
it didn't happen last year because of the commisioners, not because of some hard rule

if we were in the same position this year, it would be more likely, i think

that's all we are saying. it's possible.

sooner94
7/1/2008, 11:13 AM
They would if it were against Oregon... I guarandamntee it.

I have not gone to the last 2 Fiasco Bowls, but I GUARANDAMNTEE I will be there if we play Oregon. We owe the sons-a-biatches a woodshed beating.

NS5
7/1/2008, 11:26 AM
Pass the eraser please. Now write in OU at the Orange Bowl. If for some reason we have to go to the desert, then it is the best stadium of all the others.

JLEW1818
7/1/2008, 12:45 PM
Badger are your predictions a joke? I'm just wondering. And why is everybody starting to say Oregon has a chance for a BCS bowl?

yermom
7/1/2008, 12:56 PM
without Dixon Your Mouth at QB i don't see them being in the top 2 of the Pac 10

Collier11
7/1/2008, 01:06 PM
My early-crazy prediction Arizona wins 8 games

yermom
7/1/2008, 01:09 PM
that would be awesome. they have been on the verge for a couple years

i talked to Mark Stoops a bit in AZ, he seemed like a really good guy. they need to kick some *** this year

silverwheels
7/1/2008, 01:20 PM
This would be the year for Arizona to break through. USC is still going to be #1 in the conference, obviously, but after that it gets hazy. This looks like a weak year for the Pac-10, but then again, 2007 looked weak for the Big 12 and it was the 2nd-best conference last year.

JLEW1818
7/1/2008, 01:34 PM
Oregon Trail schedule

Sat, Aug 30 Washington * Eugene, Ore. 7 p.m. PT FSN
Sat, Sep 06 Utah State Eugene, Ore. TBA
Sat, Sep 13 Purdue at West Lafayette, Ind. TBA
Sat, Sep 20 Boise State Eugene, Ore. TBA
Sat, Sep 27 Washington State * at Pullman, Wash. TBA
Sat, Oct 04 USC * at Los Angeles, Calif. 5 p.m. PT ABC/ESPN
OSN
Sat, Oct 11 UCLA * Eugene, Ore. TBA
Sat, Oct 25 Arizona State * at Tempe, Ariz. TBA
Sat, Nov 01 California * at Berkeley, Calif. TBA
Sat, Nov 08 Stanford * Eugene, Ore. TBA
Sat, Nov 15 Arizona * Eugene, Ore. TBA
Sat, Nov 29 Oregon State * at Corvallis, Ore.

I see at least 2 losses

sooneron
7/1/2008, 01:39 PM
While the Fiesta Bowl is indeed ON NOTICE (see below)
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/21ea557ddc.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with it being our version of Texas' Holiday Bowl. The Fiesta Bowl is a top tier bowl reserved for top tier and conference championship teams.

Think of the alternative - we could be Texas and we could predict another Holiday Bowl appearance instead of title game/Fiesta appearances :D Admit it, Lid - you already booked your travel and hotel, haven't you? ;)

So, without further ado, here are our Big 12 bowl appearance predictions...

Cotton: Nebbish, for losing the Big 12 Championship game
Holiday: Texas, this year and the next 20
Gator: A&M, with new fangled offensive schemes!
Alamo: Kansas, who lost a lot of starters but still has the same coach
Insight: Mizzou, who can't stand the thought of being in the same town as the Fiesta Bowl
Independence Bowl: Oklahoma State, because Boone Pickens donations also pay for bribes... and all the tickets the OSU fans aren't buying.

In accordance with my other predictions, Tech and OU are big game bowlin'. It will be a tossup on whether Colorado or Oklahoma State get the last invite, as they are both going to be eligible... however, edge goes to the team that will bring more than 1,000 fans and to bribery.

No way the gator takes a 4-5 loss atm team. They have 3 guaranteed losses in the south. I would bet they go to the alamo.
Mizz goes to the gator after 2-3 losses. IF the gator wants a big 12 team.
KU (4 losses0 goes to the Houston bowl or whatever it is.
ut (2 losses) goes to the cotton.
nebbish, with growing pains, goes to the insight.
sand aggy (2 losses) goes to the holiday.

Unlike last year, I think there may be one or two undefeated teams in the country and quite a few 1 loss teams.

yermom
7/1/2008, 01:41 PM
i think the 12 game season cuts into the undefeated teams, with the exception of 2002 it hasn't really been an issue

sooneron
7/1/2008, 01:41 PM
i think the 12 game season cuts into the undefeated teams, with the exception of 2002 it hasn't really been an issue

2004?

yermom
7/1/2008, 01:42 PM
that was only 11 games

JLEW1818
7/1/2008, 01:44 PM
LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AWAY!!!!!