PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else on here going to Rothbury?

Rogue
6/21/2008, 03:04 PM
Well????

StoopTroup
6/21/2008, 10:30 PM
You mean this?

www.rothburyfestival.com (http://www.rothburyfestival.com/)

Have fun! :D

http://www.rothburyfestival.com/images/staggered/environmentsestablishment.jpg

Rogue
6/21/2008, 10:46 PM
Yup, that's where we're headed. 6 of us going/meeting.
Me, Mrs. Rogue, and her buddy from here are going to a concert in Charlotte on 7/1 and then heading north.

Picking up an old Army buddy in Ohio and meeting up in Grand Rapids with my sis who's driving from Noble, America and another friend from West Texas who's flying in.

We finally all sprung for VIP tix and plan to boogie all weekend. We skipped Bonnaroo this year because the lineup was too young and angry compared to Rothbury.

I wish some of y'al were going.

StoopTroup
6/21/2008, 10:48 PM
One of these days...I'm gonna be able to do some things that are almost as fun as one of Dean's Tailgates.

def_lazer_fc
6/21/2008, 11:18 PM
man, passing up bonnaroo for this?

can you at least throw something at 311 for me since you'll be there?

Rogue
6/22/2008, 09:01 AM
Rothbury 2008 =

DAVE MATTHEWS BAND + WIDESPREAD PANIC + JOHN MAYER + 311 + PHIL LESH AND FRIENDS + TREY ANASTASIO + PRIMUS + THIEVERY CORPORATION + SNOOP DOGG + MODEST MOUSE + MICHAEL FRANTI AND SPEARHEAD + GOV'T MULE + SLIGHTLY STOOPID + STS9 + COLBIE CAILLAT + RODRIGO Y GABRIELA + THE BLACK KEYS + KELLER WILLIAMS WITH MOSELEY, DROLL & SIPE + YONDER MOUNTAIN STRING BAND FEATURING JON FISHMAN + CITIZEN COPE + THE DISCO BISCUITS + MEDESKI MARTIN AND WOOD + DEREK TRUCKS AND SUSAN TEDESCHI SOUL STEW REVIVAL + SAM BEAM OF IRON AND WINE + DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS + MICKEY HART BAND FEATURING STEVE KIMOCK AND GEORGE PORTER JR. + OF MONTREAL + ETOWN RADIO SHOW + THE DRESDEN DOLLS + GOMEZ + ATMOSPHERE + BRETT DENNEN + TAJ MAHAL + MIKE GORDON + ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA + CRYSTAL METHOD DJ SET + STATE RADIO + JJ GREY & MOFRO + THE SECRET MACHINES + RAILROAD EARTH + STEEL PULSE + BETH ORTON + THE WAILERS FEATURING ELAN + PERPETUAL GROOVE + JAKOB DYLAN AND THE GOLD MOUNTAIN REBELS + A3 + BETTYE LAVETTE + EMMITT-NERSHI BAND + INGRID MICHAELSON + LOTUS + KYLE HOLLINGSWORTH BAND + EOTO + PANJEA WITH MICHAEL KANG + YARD DOGS ROAD SHOW + THE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS + SAGE FRANCIS + TEA LEAF GREEN + BASSNECTAR + PNUMA TRIO + BROTHER ALI + DIPLO + BOOMBOX + FLOSSTRADAMUS + THE JUAN MACLEAN + THE DYNAMITES FEATURING CHARLES WALKER + GREENSKY BLUEGRASS + DJ REKHA + DEAD CONFEDERATE + KRAAK & SMAAK + UNDERGROUND ORCHESTRA + DJ HARRY + PNUMA LIVE PA + TRAMPLED BY TURTLES + FOUR FINGER FIVE + MOTION POTION + DJ ROOTZ + FICTION PLANE + SOJORN + UNCLE BOOGIE PANTS + SWEET JAPONIC + ADAM EZRA GROUP + BUSDRIVER
...and more to be announced.

Bonnaroo 2008 =

Pearl Jam Metallica Jack Johnson Widespread Panic Kanye West Chris Rock Robert Plant and Alison Krauss featuring T Bone Burnett Phil Lesh & Friends My Morning Jacket The Raconteurs Willie Nelson Death Cab for Cutie Tiësto B.B. King Les Claypool Sigur Rós Levon Helm and the Ramble on the Road Ben Folds O.A.R. Cat Power The Bluegrass Allstars M.I.A. Umphrey's McGee Iron & Wine Stephen Marley Yonder Mountain String Band The Swell Season Zappa Plays Zappa Talib Kweli Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Soul Stew Revival Gogol Bordello Broken Social Scene Robert Randolph's Revival Porter-Batiste-Stoltz Rilo Kiley The Disco Biscuits Mastodon Lupe Fiasco Against Me! Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk Pat Green Ozomatli Tegan & Sara Henry Butler and the Game Band Solomon Burke Chali 2na of Jurassic 5 Drive-By Truckers Dirty Dozen Brass Band Superdrag Louis C.K. MSTRKRFT !!! The Avett Brothers Israel Vibration Walter "Wolfman" Washington Abigail Washburn & The Sparrow Quartet featuring Béla Fleck Larry Campbell, Jackie Greene, Phil Lesh & Teresa Williams Aimee Mann Anders Osborne Ladytron Janeane Garofalo The Fiery Furnaces Money Mark Orchestra Baobab Ghostland Observatory José González Dark Star Orchestra Zach Galifianakis Minus the Bear Lez Zeppelin Donavon Frankenreiter Big Sam's Funky Nation State Radio The Coup Battles Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue The Wood Brothers featuring John Medeski & Kenny Wolleson Jakob Dylan and the Gold Mountain Rebels Jim Norton Two Gallants The Sword Soul Rebels Brass Band Vampire Weekend Little Feat Nicole Atkins Chromeo Brian Posehn Morning 40 Federation The Felice Brothers Mason Jennings Mike Birbiglia MGMT What Made Milwaukee Famous The Lee Boys Adele Rogue Wave Grand Ole Party Serena Ryder Reggie Watts Steel Train Grupo Fantasma Harrybu McCage John Mulaney Back Door Slam Michelle Buteau Newton Faulkner Joe DeRosa Leo Allen DJ Equal DJ medi4 Motion Potion DJ Quickie Mart Doctor Spook aka MINDSTORM DJ Logic SOJORN Alana Grace Amy LaVere Bear In Heaven Bombadil Carney Charlie Allen Colour Revolt Cornmeal De Novo Dahl Dead Confederate Electric Touch Erick Baker Extra Golden Howlin Rain Jake Shimabukuro Jessie Baylin Jypsi K'NAAN Lord T & Eloise Matt Morris Mike Farris featuring Roseland Rhythm Revue The Nikhil Korula Band Nomo Person L Phonograph Rotary Downs Royal Bangs Scissormen Sometymes Why stephaniesĭd Tennessee Schmaltz The Afromotive The American Plague The Big Sleep The Duhks the everybodyfields The Greencards The Postelles The Weather Underground Your Vegas Jackie Greene

Stitch Face
6/22/2008, 12:55 PM
So does every band sing one song or is it on twelve stages or is the concert three weeks long?

Rogue
6/22/2008, 01:06 PM
First year for Rothbury. I will report back.
Looks like it's set up like other weekend music festivals though with several stages playing at once from Thurs-Sun from around Noon until the late wee-morning hours.

The problem, for me, is opportunity cost. For instance, Yonder Mountain String Band plays opposite Modest Mouse. Mrs. Rogue and most of the folks with us will probably go see MM. I'll be at YMSB.

Stitch Face
6/22/2008, 01:19 PM
A Night at the Rothbury without these guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCXZczTQXo

What gives?

soonerboomer93
6/22/2008, 02:09 PM
there's a few bands i would see at rothbury

i'd like to go see lollapalooza though

def_lazer_fc
6/22/2008, 09:22 PM
glastonbury or the reading festival would be awesome, but alas, i live in the states.

well, maybe not reading this year. lineup is ****.

Blue
6/22/2008, 09:32 PM
Rothbury looks like the original Bonnaroo lineup before they let all kinds of bands in. More jam-band hippieish, I guess.

Both festivals look awesome though.