PDA

View Full Version : Clemson- someone help please

boomersooner28
6/21/2008, 08:01 AM
I don't remember Clemson doing anything on the football field in recent memory....as far as winning big games or even getting to a BCS Bowl or definitley not a MNC game. Actually, I'm not too sure Clemson has ever done anything of worth on the gridiron....someone can correct me here. BUT, they had a stellar recruiting class last year, and a pretty decent one the year before. They keep getting better in recruiting and highly ranked kids are again signing up at Clemson for '09. So, are they giving away free cars, houses, both? What am I missing?

sooner518
6/21/2008, 01:10 PM
Their new recruiting coordinator:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/flumastod/clemson.jpg

Big Red Ron
6/21/2008, 03:40 PM
Meh, they're ok, nothing special in Football. Their AD is the one and only Terry Don Phillips. BTW, they are rich in football history compared to okie state...

John Heisman used to coach there, yes, they named the trophy after him.:cool:

The 1981 squad, led by Head Coach Danny Ford, became the first athletic team in school history to win a national championship. Clemson defeated Nebraska 22-15 in the Orange Bowl in Miami, Florida to win the 1981 NCAA Football National Championship.:cool:

The Tigers football program has won 59.0% of its games through the 2006 season, placing it 37th on the all-time winning percentage list. :O

boomersooner28
6/22/2008, 12:12 AM
Ron, thanks for the info....it's about what I thought. So, why do you think they are getting stellar recruits all of a sudden?

Big Red Ron
6/22/2008, 09:03 AM
TDP was at Okie State when their recruiting got a lot better with an average coach Simmens. Cheating?