PDA

View Full Version : What will happen if he's elected?

Okla-homey
6/20/2008, 06:43 PM
spinners on the limos? purple shutters on the White House?

This guy takes the flippin' cake. Have some respect for the Institution for cryin' out loud.

Big Rock Candy Mountain

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2963/capt003d2c72499f41c3900ph4.jpg
Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., speaks during a meeting of Democratic Governors at the Chicago History Museum in Chicago Friday, June 20, 2008. A new seal debuted on Obama's podium Friday, sporting iconography used in the U.S. presidential seal, the blue background, the eagle clutching arrows on left and olive branch on right, but with symbolic differences. Instead of the Latin 'E pluribus unum' (Out of many, one), Obama's says 'Vero possumus', rough Latin for 'Yes, we can.' Instead of 'Seal of the President of the United States', Obama's Web site address is listed. And instead of a shield, Obama's eagle wears his 'O' campaign logo with a rising sun representing hope ahead.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

mdklatt
6/20/2008, 06:45 PM
This is nothing like "home of the SOONERS", right?

:pop:

SicEmBaylor
6/20/2008, 06:48 PM
spinners on the limos? purple shutters on the White House?

Wow. And you think I'm racist...

People do all kinds of stuff with the seal. I have seen this kind of thing done, quite literally, thousands of times and have never heard anyone complain. What is so inherently special about the seal??

yermom
6/20/2008, 06:50 PM
i think Obama knocked up Homey's sister or something

Scott D
6/20/2008, 06:53 PM
So let me see if I got this right. It's firmly ok for you to make a very slanted statement of questionable bias, in regards to a 'seal' that is obviously related to a campaign. It's basically a banner for crissakes.

We get it, you don't like Obama or his policies, enough so that you're willing to nitpick at the smallest thing whether it has anything to do with the election process other than it gives you the opportunity for another pot shot.

I'm glad when this election will be over, perhaps "Acts older than 12 years old Okla-homey" will return.

TopDawg
6/20/2008, 07:01 PM
What will happen if he's elected?

Your head will explode?

Blue
6/20/2008, 07:44 PM
He's not president yet. I'm sure if he's elected the seal will be back to normal.

SoonerInKCMO
6/20/2008, 07:49 PM
Your head will explode?

You spelt assplode wrong. :texan:

6/20/2008, 07:51 PM
Wow. And you think I'm racist...

People do all kinds of stuff with the seal. I have seen this kind of thing done, quite literally, thousands of times and have never heard anyone complain. What is so inherently special about the seal??

Out loud, count to a thousand. Then add an "s" to it.

You've seen the presidential seal altered that many times?

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2008, 07:51 PM
What will happen if he's elected?

You'll spend several days sitting on the thunder bucket?

Ash
6/20/2008, 07:52 PM
This site is a joke. What a bunch of hypocritical crap. This is OK to post but other less offensive things get people perma-baned.

r5TPsooner
6/20/2008, 07:58 PM
I just love the political season.

:pop:

LilSooner
6/20/2008, 08:01 PM
Wow Homey, just wow.

What a disappointment.

soonerboomer93
6/20/2008, 08:02 PM
actually, doesn't the president have the power to change the seal

i'd have to go look, but i know at one point the olive branches and arrows were switched, but currently the olive branches are on the right to emphasis peace before war (or some ****)

edit: actually, Truman changed the way the eagle faced, he was originally looking toward the arrows, he now looks towards the olive branches. He also added the stars to the seal

Whet
6/20/2008, 08:16 PM
Just imagine - at the end of his State of the Union speeches, rather than end with "And, God bless America" he can use his mentor's favorite expression: "And, God damn America!"

6/20/2008, 08:30 PM
One man won't bring America down. I do wish things were going better politically, but that's only because there are so few truly "great" people willing to do the job.

And let's back up and give Homey a break. He has paid his dues to us all. I'll give him the benefit of type not equalling intention, especially given his history here and to our nation.

Sooner_Havok
6/20/2008, 08:30 PM
This site is a joke. What a bunch of hypocritical crap. This is OK to post but other less offensive things get people perma-baned.

I sometimes think I would be baned, if not for the grace of mod. :P

Ash
6/20/2008, 08:32 PM
I sometimes think I would be baned, if not for the grace of mod. :P
:D

Scott D
6/20/2008, 08:35 PM
One man won't bring America down. I do wish things were going better politically, but that's only because there are so few truly "great" people willing to do the job.

And let's back up and give Homey a break. He has paid his dues to us all. I'll give him the benefit of type not equalling intention, especially given his history here and to our nation.

12 normally I'm of the same mind. However, when there is a pattern I'm not going to sit back and let it slide. The sad part is, I'm not even an Obama supporter.

Also let it be known, I don't have any personal problem with homey.

6/20/2008, 08:41 PM
Lord knows I'm not going to answer for the Colonel. I would offer this on his behalf, though... perhaps we should all chill until he offers an answer to what has offended so much of our readership.

After reading so many of his terrific, informative posts, I have strong doubts he deliberately posted anything to offend people on such a low level as race.

olevetonahill
6/20/2008, 08:43 PM
I think he just got drunk celebrating Stormchasers Good checkride .:D

Scott D
6/20/2008, 08:45 PM
I'm pretty sure only stormchaser is celebrating buying off the people who decided his fate ;)

SicEmBaylor
6/20/2008, 08:54 PM
Out loud, count to a thousand. Then add an "s" to it.

You've seen the presidential seal altered that many times?

I said what I said.

Rhino
6/20/2008, 08:56 PM
Sounds familiar.

c-q4MDQ0cDI

Also, this (http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=168561&title=indecision-2008-west-virginia).

6/20/2008, 08:57 PM
Wow! You've been busy looking at presidential seals.

OK2LA
6/20/2008, 08:58 PM
"Can't you see that man is a ni?"

A little bit lower - pulling Mel Brooks aside: "Can't you see that man is a ni?!?"

SicEmBaylor
6/20/2008, 09:00 PM

When I'm not busy looking at presidential seals, I'm busy looking at your mother.

6/20/2008, 09:04 PM
Good for you. Tell her I said hello your next visit to heaven.

Perhaps you should think before your next tastless post, bear.

JohnnyMack
6/20/2008, 09:14 PM
Homey is posting drunk (apparently)

Sicem is getting out momma jokes.

Who says the SO is dead?

mdklatt
6/20/2008, 09:18 PM
Which sick bastard 5-starred this thread? This sucker needs to be locked down.

6/20/2008, 09:19 PM
It's a bad thread. I agree.

Blue
6/20/2008, 09:22 PM

Your momma. ;)

6/20/2008, 09:23 PM
OK, I laughed.

Out loud.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2008, 09:34 PM
Sounds familiar.

c-q4MDQ0cDI

So, do you think West Virginia will come out for Obama if he wins the general?

No, there's too many rednecks here in West Virginia. :D

olevetonahill
6/20/2008, 09:41 PM

Maybe the same sick Bastard that ONE stars threads about our Vets and War Dead .:confused:

tbl
6/20/2008, 09:51 PM
You guys need to chill out and think about what real racism is. That post was not racist.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/20/2008, 10:12 PM
I can't decide if he's more likely to be an Abraham Lincoln or a Jimmy Carter.

RacerX
6/20/2008, 10:18 PM
Lord knows I'm not going to answer for the Colonel. I would offer this on his behalf, though... perhaps we should all chill until he offers an answer to what has offended so much of our readership.

After reading so many of his terrific, informative posts, I have strong doubts he deliberately posted anything to offend people on such a low level as race.

Homey was a colonel?

yermom
6/20/2008, 10:21 PM

he's probably counting the CSA as well ;)

SicEmBaylor
6/20/2008, 10:22 PM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n123/m88bradford/ConfederateStatesofAmericaSeal1.jpg

Blue
6/20/2008, 10:24 PM
Maybe it's a sign that will lead to a clue that will lead to the City of Gold under Mount Rushmore! It could happen. :D

yermom
6/20/2008, 10:32 PM
you know, i'm still on the fence, but i'm kinda leaning toward Obama since it will **** the most people off the most :D

although, i don't really know if we are ready for a black president.

i really think the Secret Service might be working overtime

6/20/2008, 10:37 PM
I think we are more than ready for a black president. I wish it would have been years ago, though (and I say this without a wink) a black president would have certainly met an unfortunate fate in years past.

Still, the barrier needs to be broken.

As for Obama... I just don't believe his values are what we need as a country right now. I don't believe McCain has the answers either.

In other words, rinse repeat.