PDA

View Full Version : 6 of 7 seasons

SOFSooner
6/20/2008, 05:40 AM
Hello Sooner Nation,
I am at the beginning of another deployment, this is the 6th time in 7 years that I will not be in Oklahoma for the football season. I depend on SoonerFans.com to keep me informed on the comings and goings and everyday stuff that happens with my beloved Sooners. I am in Kosovo now, while it is not Iraq (2 tours)or Afghanistan it is still not Oklahoma. I am supporting a Missouri National Guard unit and a day goes by that I remind them that we beat there team not once, but twice in the same season. And to rub a little salt in the wound, I let them know that the second game was not even close. The good thing is I will get to watch some games on Armed Forces Network, even though it is 1am in the morning when they usually come on, that is nothing to a true Sooner fan. So when you are tailgating at Owen Field before a game, stop and think about all the Sooner fans that are deployed around the world and have a beer for us. BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!

RADsooner
6/20/2008, 06:51 AM
good luck, god bless,and keep your head down!.

sooner n houston
6/20/2008, 07:02 AM
Give them Missourians hell!!!

God bless.

swardboy
6/20/2008, 07:21 AM
God bless you all for keeping Hillary safe from sniper fire back in the day :D

I think we'll "Chase" MU down again so you can retain braggin' rights.

CU Sooner
6/20/2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks for your service, and tell those Missourians to keep their noses clean. If they can't, I know a certain qb who will.:P

RedstickSooner
6/20/2008, 08:58 AM
Kosovo, eh? Better be careful, SOF -- I hear the flower-bearing girls over there are actually a front for snipers :)

Just remember one word: Serpentine!

r5TPsooner
6/20/2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks for your service.

KantoSooner
6/20/2008, 09:08 AM
Hey, SOF, if you can't get AFRTS coverage, get a laptop and hook up over the web to KKGM out of Dallas. You get the Sooner Network audio. And then you can follow on ESPN Gamecast to get some visual situational coverage. Sucks, but way, way better than nothing.
That's how I followed the last three seasons.
Stay healthy: drink the local beer.

soonermix
6/20/2008, 09:14 AM
Hello Sooner Nation,
I am at the beginning of another deployment, this is the 6th time in 7 years that I will not be in Oklahoma for the football season. I depend on SoonerFans.com to keep me informed on the comings and goings and everyday stuff that happens with my beloved Sooners. I am in Kosovo now, while it is not Iraq (2 tours)or Afghanistan it is still not Oklahoma. I am supporting a Missouri National Guard unit and a day goes by that I remind them that we beat there team not once, but twice in the same season. And to rub a little salt in the wound, I let them know that the second game was not even close. The good thing is I will get to watch some games on Armed Forces Network, even though it is 1am in the morning when they usually come on, that is nothing to a true Sooner fan. So when you are tailgating at Owen Field before a game, stop and think about all the Sooner fans that are deployed around the world and have a beer for us. BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!

we truly appreciate everything you and every man and woman deployed around the world do for us.

just for that not only will i drink a beer for yall... i'll drink 2

sooner94
6/20/2008, 09:25 AM
Keep up the great work SOF. We're proud of you.

IronHorseSooner
6/20/2008, 11:14 AM
Hey, SOF, if you can't get AFRTS coverage, get a laptop and hook up over the web to KKGM out of Dallas. You get the Sooner Network audio. And then you can follow on ESPN Gamecast to get some visual situational coverage. Sucks, but way, way better than nothing.
That's how I followed the last three seasons.

Sounds like what I had to do for both of my Iraq deployments. KKGM and Gamecast was a God-send (pardon the pun).

soonerboomer93
6/20/2008, 12:15 PM
there's espn college game plan (international) for about $120 ish

soonerboomer93
6/20/2008, 12:16 PM
you can have a friend get a slingbox also

Curly Bill
6/20/2008, 12:32 PM
Good luck to you SOFSooner, and God Bless.

badger
6/20/2008, 03:00 PM
Hello Sooner Nation,

And here I was afraid this was an Okie State "In six of the last seven seasons, we have held OU to xx points and placed xx players in the draft" or something like that :D

We'll keep you informed... if you give us an address and make up a demand list, we might send Sooner care packages :D

BigHouseDon
6/20/2008, 06:21 PM
we truly appreciate everything you and every man and woman deployed around the world do for us.

just for that not only will i drink a beer for yall... i'll drink 2

Just crackin the 1st now. Keep your head down and stay safe.

BHD

AlbqSooner
6/20/2008, 07:50 PM
God bless you and thanks for your service. Hopefully you can take a laptop and follow as has been described. Check in once in a while here and get caught up on the fans perspectives.

olevetonahill
6/20/2008, 08:38 PM
What they said .^

MyT Oklahoma
6/20/2008, 09:50 PM
Thank you for all that you do for us. God be with you.

OKC-SLC
6/21/2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks for what you do.

if you give us an address and make up a demand list, we might send Sooner care packages :D

I would be in support of this idea--for all of our deployed sf.com members.

JLEW1818
6/21/2008, 01:50 AM
Ya'll all should shut up. SOF you are above any football game or any tradition, PERIOD. I thank GOD that people like you will defend the country. You have my blessing and most importantly God's. I pray that you will have a successful time. You do what 99% of Americans wont do. GOD BLESS YOU

olevetonahill
6/21/2008, 06:07 AM
Thanks for what you do.

I would be in support of this idea--for all of our deployed sf.com members.

I tried to get this going on the SO a few back
seems LIke Most are just Mouth supporters !:mad:

olevetonahill
6/21/2008, 06:09 AM
Ya'll all should shut up. SOF you are above any football game or any tradition, PERIOD. I thank GOD that people like you will defend the country. You have my blessing and most importantly God's. I pray that you will have a successful time. You do what 99% of Americans wont do. GOD BLESS YOU

What the **** are you going off about ?
:confused:

stoopified
6/21/2008, 08:14 AM
God Bless,come home soon(er).

StoopTroup
6/21/2008, 08:22 AM
What the **** are you going off about ?
:confused:

Someone got into yer private cellar. :D

olevetonahill
6/21/2008, 08:28 AM
Someone got into yer private cellar. :D

Nope . Everyone is wishing HIM well and this dude says we all Need to STFU ?:confused:

StoopTroup
6/21/2008, 09:16 AM
I think he's been drinkin'....

Isn't that against the rulzeys? :D

Plus...he's living in the pit of Hell....

Things can get pretty confusing down there.

Big Red Ron
6/21/2008, 04:21 PM
Thank you!