PDA

View Full Version : Is there something different about Chicago-Midway?

royalfan5
6/19/2008, 03:32 PM
Both my Landing there were interesting this week. Is the set up different there or something? Also, I really wanted to hurt the dude next to me who was talking on his cellphone through take-off today. I'm already a twitchy enough flyer that I don't need to sit by rule breakers.

frankensooner
6/19/2008, 03:35 PM
Did he call people "shooter" refer to airports by their initials and talk about webinars?

mdklatt
6/19/2008, 03:37 PM
Both my Landing there were interesting this week. Is the set up different there or something?

The runways are short by airline standards. Pilots have to drop it in at the end of the runway and then hit the reverse thrust hard.

BillyBall
6/19/2008, 03:38 PM
It feels like landing on an aircraft carrier. It beats the hell out of O'Hare and their consistently delayed flights though.

royalfan5
6/19/2008, 03:44 PM
The runways are short by airline standards. Pilots have to drop it in at the end of the runway and then hit the reverse thrust hard.

That makes sense in light of my experiences.

royalfan5
6/19/2008, 03:45 PM
Did he call people "shooter" refer to airports by their initials and talk about webinars?

No, apparently somebody in his family drove their car without the oil plug and he was trying to explain why they were a dumbass, while I was about ready to strangle his dumbass.

Whet
6/19/2008, 07:59 PM
Take a look at this video of an event at Midway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t60aGo8-9Q