PDA

View Full Version : It's checkride day bitches!

SoonerStormchaser
6/19/2008, 06:15 AM
If I make it through this sortie...no more people standing over my shoulder...

Flag, I'll wave as I fly over...

Okla-homey
6/19/2008, 06:46 AM
If I make it through this sortie...no more people standing over my shoulder...

Flag, I'll wave as I fly over...

Good luck. It must be really hard to be a naviguesser on a big old scary screwtop airplane that flies in circles.:rolleyes:

:D

Tailwind
6/19/2008, 01:13 PM
Best of luck to you.

soonerboomer93
6/19/2008, 01:46 PM
Good luck. It must be really hard to be a naviguesser on a big old scary screwtop airplane that flies in circles.:rolleyes:

:D

well, he does have to make sure to circle it over the old folks home atleast 3 or 4 times

so he can impress his bitchez

olevetonahill
6/19/2008, 09:35 PM
He musta Failed
we dint get a report from his Mommy.:D

mdklatt
6/19/2008, 09:44 PM
So what does an AF navigator do now in the age of INS and GPS? Do you still have know how to do celestial fixes and stuff?

Okla-homey
6/19/2008, 09:50 PM
So what does an AF navigator do now in the age of INS and GPS? Do you still have know how to do celestial fixes and stuff?

I think they stopped teaching cel nav years ago. I think the job mostly now entails picking up the flight lunches and FLIP on the way to the plane. At least for navs who don't drop bombs, bullets, paratroopers or shoot missiles. You know, the manly stuff. ;)

olevetonahill
6/19/2008, 09:56 PM
I bet he spilt the Pilots Coffee and flunked .

Curly Bill
6/19/2008, 09:58 PM
I once hit a curb to fail a school bus driving test...

...maybe he did that. :D

olevetonahill
6/19/2008, 10:10 PM
You know If he passed hed be on here Hooping and shat .

Scott D
6/19/2008, 10:14 PM
maybe the tail fell off of his boeing plane ;)

mdklatt
6/19/2008, 10:17 PM
http://www.google.com/news?q=%2Bawacs%20%2Bcrash

So far, so good. :D

olevetonahill
6/19/2008, 11:02 PM
I still say he spilt the coffee and is home suckin his thumb .

SoonerStormchaser
6/20/2008, 07:29 AM
Still here...looong sortie though. I'll kiss and tell after my debriefing this morning.

olevetonahill
6/20/2008, 07:40 AM
Ya spilt the coffee dint Ya ?

mdklatt
6/20/2008, 08:49 AM
I heard a large turbojet aircraft circling Norman around midnight last night, like it was lost....

Tulsa_Fireman
6/20/2008, 12:19 PM
I saw a large turbojet aircraft parked in the parking lot of QuikTrip asking for directions last night.

Okla-homey
6/20/2008, 01:13 PM
Rule of thumb: If the checkride brief is within a day or two of the flight, good.
If there is more than two days between the checkride and brief, bad.

See, if you hooked it, they need plenty of time to get it all written up. Sooo. sounds like you're all good

SoonerStormchaser
6/20/2008, 01:32 PM
I PASSED!! Q1 with only one writeup (for a stupid beacon during the air refueling that doesn't mean ****!)

Yesterday was like watching the Keystone Cops in action. First, we lost our original jet to another mission...so they moved us to a second jet. We lost that one to another squadron...so they moved us to a third jet. We lost that to yet another squadron...on to jet #4. Maintenance took forever fixing a few of the problems with that jet...and the ground guys were tripping all over themselves during engine start. We took off and BARELY made the air refueling over NW New Mexico/NE Arizona. (I doubt I'll ever get tired of AR's...those are the coolest things EVAR!)

After the AR, we're trucking back to our first orbit/weapons activity, dodging all the T-storms in south central Colorado on the way (:gary:), when I get a call from the head nerd in the back..."Hey Nav, we're now going to another orbit...and we need to be there in 5 minutes!" That, ladies and gentlemen, is why AWACS still has Navigators...in-flight route changes. It's not as simple as punching a few buttons and you're on your way, lots of chart plotting, instrument inputs and calls to ATC to kick all commercial activity out of that airspace so we can set up shop. Oh yah, and ATC (being the Einsteins they are) tries to kick us out of our own orbit so the fighter activity that we're controlling can move through 10K feet BELOW us enroute to their assigned airspace.

After orbit 1, we moved down to SW New Mexico for orbit 2...more fun dodging T-storms over the Cimarron Range (they sure looked purty on my WX radar)...basically got the grand tour of New Mexico and southern Colorado.

More dodging storms all the way home...including the one that sat over Tinker yesterday evening.

My evaluator (ironically, an OSU grad) said he was really impressed on how I handled the compressed parts of the mission...and that he expects to see me back there in a year for my instructor Navigator upgrade. :D

Next up...Mission Qualification Training...this time next month, I'll be in my operational squadron (still dunno which one yet) and be flying without any adult supervision ;).

MY JOB RAWKS!!!

So how was y'alls day yesterday?

StoopTroup
6/20/2008, 05:41 PM
WTG!

Tailwind
6/20/2008, 06:50 PM
Cool!