PDA

View Full Version : And I'm Ron Burgundy. Go **** yourself, San Diego.

KC//CRIMSON
6/18/2008, 10:08 PM
http://www.smartcine.com/images/anchorman_still.jpg

Will Ferrell has been adamant through the years about not making sequels to his blockbuster films; however, it appears that may change. Speaking to the press on the set of his latest project on the Universal Studios lot last Friday, Ferrell confirmed what buddy and "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" director Adam McKay revealed recently: San Diego's leading news anchor is making a comeback.

"I heard Mr. Adam McKay already told the world," Ferrell says regarding "Anchorman 2." "Yeah, [there is] definite interest. I think we now have to do it, which is good. Sort of forced [McKay] into a corner."

McKay, who also directed Ferrell in "Talladega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby" and the upcoming "Step Brothers," was against revisiting the world of the Channel 4 News Team, but it appears the inclusion of Burgundy in Ferrell's "Funny or Die" tour (where he hilariously interviewed Tom Brokaw - http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/660cb47b01 ) spurred their creative juices. Ferrell says he has no idea whether the new movie will take place in the 1970s, but he reveals that although they have discussed several premises, it will probably be at least a year before they have the time to write it.

The original "Anchorman" was a nice hit that earned $84 million at the box office, but it made its mark on DVD where it became one of Ferrell's most popular characters. The 2004 flick also featured Steve Carell and Paul Rudd as fellow anchors before either funnyman became a household name (well, at least before Carell did). And although the "Get Smart" star told MTV News he's interested in returning as inept weatherman Brick Tamland, Ferrell admits their superstar status will make scheduling production somewhat difficult.

Unlike superhero or action franchises, it's not always easy to capture the magic in a comedy sequel. With that in mind, a reporter sarcastically asked Ferrell whether he can top great comedy sequels such as "Caddyshack II" and "Blues Brothers 2000"?

"'Blues Brothers 2000'? No. We know the extent of our limitations, to be honest. But I think we could come close," Ferrell deadpans. "Like a 'Blues Brothers 1000.'"

IN.:cool:

stoops the eternal pimp
6/19/2008, 10:49 AM
His interview with Tom Izzo was great...

I love lamp

KC//CRIMSON
6/19/2008, 01:12 PM
The one above with Brokaw is really good too.

I'm going to punch you in the ovary. Yep, right in the baby-maker!

mdklatt
6/19/2008, 01:21 PM
This thread needs to be merged with the "movies that should have never been made" thread.

KC//CRIMSON
6/19/2008, 01:27 PM
This thread needs to be merged with the "movies that should have never been made" thread.

This post needs to be merged with the "why I want to throat punch mdklatt" thread.

*rim-shot*

stoops the eternal pimp
6/19/2008, 02:24 PM
mdklatt must be part of the Eyewitness News team

yermom
6/19/2008, 02:36 PM
i think he loves lamp

bri
6/19/2008, 05:07 PM
Isn't EVERY Will Ferrell movie a sequel? I just call them all "Big Loud Retard Makes Noise".

yermom
6/19/2008, 05:09 PM
LOUD NOISES

mdklatt
6/19/2008, 05:21 PM
Isn't EVERY Will Ferrell movie a sequel?

I really liked Stranger Than Fiction, but that's not a "Will Ferrell movie", it just happens to have Will Farrell in it.

JohnnyMack
6/19/2008, 05:23 PM
If you don't like Anchorman you can suck an egg.

Harry Beanbag
6/19/2008, 05:36 PM
Brick Tamland must have stabbed mdklatt with trident.

mdklatt
6/19/2008, 05:39 PM
Brick Tamland must have stabbed mdklatt with trident.

Brick Tamland is the only thing worth watching in that movie. Now that I think about it, everything but Will Ferrell was worth watching. Take Will Ferrell away and you're onto something.

KC//CRIMSON
6/19/2008, 05:44 PM
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!

SoonerInKCMO
6/19/2008, 05:47 PM
Isn't EVERY Will Ferrell movie a sequel? I just call them all "Big Loud Retard Makes Noise".

I thought that's what the Jack Black movies were called. :confused:

Blue
6/19/2008, 08:24 PM
If you don't like Anchorman you can suck an egg.

Second that. Anchorman is greatness.

"Why don't you sit the next few plays out."

KC//CRIMSON
6/19/2008, 09:18 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/broncorocks/Anchorman/MassiveErection.jpg

bri
6/20/2008, 08:53 AM
I thought that's what the Jack Black movies were called. :confused:

No, you're thinking of "Big Coked-Out Retard Makes Noise".

Taxman71
6/20/2008, 09:12 AM
No, you're thinking of "Big Coked-Out Retard Makes Noise".

Come on Neil, turn on your heartlight.

shaun4411
6/20/2008, 12:41 PM
its the pants, they....they flatter me in the crotchal region

r5TPsooner
6/20/2008, 12:45 PM
I'm ashamed that I liked the movie as it was one of the few Will Farrell movies that actually made me laugh.

silverwheels
6/20/2008, 12:50 PM
So he's finally moved up from playing the same guy in every movie to actually playing the same character twice.

bri
6/20/2008, 01:02 PM
boom.

headshot.

Cam
6/24/2008, 07:28 PM
I watched this again the other day, hoping that it'd be funnier the 2nd time around.

Didn't happen.