PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who was thrilled the Lakers got their asses handed to them?

SoonerStormchaser
6/18/2008, 08:37 PM
They're the Duke/Notre Dame/Yankees of the NBA...you just love to hate em and are glad every time they lose.

Plus...I'm not a Kobe Bryant fan...and am sick of people sniffing his jock and claiming he's as good as MJ.

badger
6/18/2008, 08:41 PM
thread moved in 5...4...3...

the_ouskull
6/18/2008, 09:03 PM
I mean, if you want to go off of titles and recent relevance, not to mention "color," we'll call it... technically, the Celtics would be the Duke of the NBA... or the Notre Dame, etc...

But either way, I loved seeing Garnett finally play like he meant it in a game that mattered, even if he did screw up his one job (pimp your shoes) after the game was over.

the_ouskull

Curly Bill
6/18/2008, 09:37 PM
meh...

...I hate 'em both about equally.

Soonerus
6/18/2008, 09:39 PM
I was pulling for the Celtics this year but definitely not long term...

Blue
6/18/2008, 09:53 PM
I was happy to see it. Though, a part of me is sick of the Boston dominance (NBA, MLB, NFL) Look for the Bruins to win it next year. Thank goodness I don't live around those fans. :D

Soonerus
6/18/2008, 09:54 PM
I was happy to see it. Though, a part of me is sick of the Boston dominance (NBA, MLB, NFL) Look for the Bruins to win it next year. Thank goodness I don't live around those fans. :D

So you think the OKC Bruins will win the NBA next year ???

Blue
6/18/2008, 11:12 PM
Boston Bruins? That went over my head. :)

cheezyq
6/19/2008, 09:09 AM
I'm not a big fan of the Celtics, and I'm definitely not a fan of the Lakers or Kobe, either. That said, the Celtics were fun to watch the last couple of weeks.

Here's what I don't understand - people always make the Kobe/Jordan comparisons. There's no way he's even close. Kobe may be all-world right now, and he's definitely a fantastic player. But there's no way Jordan takes contested jump shots all night, double-teamed or not. When Jordan's game was off, he'd blast to the hole and get some people in foul trouble. His first step made him unstoppable. Instead, Kobe spins around a couple of times and takes an off-balance fadeaway in the same situations.

Taxman71
6/19/2008, 09:11 AM
For one thing, MJ never looked like a jacka$$ on TV like Kobe. MJ was always under control....or at least appeared to be.

starrca23
6/19/2008, 01:34 PM
I could go on for days about how much better MJ is...I won't. Kobe sufficiently killed all of those comparisons.
Am I the only one that thinks Ray Allen was totally overlooked in this series. He defended Kobe just as much as Pierce and did just as good a job. I think he was the leading scorer for the C's in the Finals too (not sure though).

stoops the eternal pimp
6/19/2008, 01:36 PM
As a Lakers fan I will say no...I m also a Yankees fan so your comparison means nothing to me

stoopified
6/19/2008, 02:05 PM
Me too

soonerfan28
6/19/2008, 03:38 PM
The NBA Finals had a feel good story to it, so yes I was glad to see the Lakers get beat. I'm glad Pierce, Allen and Garnett got one.

yermom
6/19/2008, 04:31 PM
F the Lakers

i didn't really care once the Hornets were out of it

sooner59
6/28/2008, 01:06 AM
I was satisfied when the Spurs were gone, hehe. But im glad the Celtics won just because I can appreciate what it meant for KG, the Truth, and Jesus Shuttlesworth. Wanted the Hornets to win it but Boston was my second. And since the Patriots and Red Sox are my favorites in their sports, it works for me.

tulsaoilerfan
6/28/2008, 07:34 AM
I'm thrilled; i hate the Lakers and loved Boston all the way back to the days of Dave Cowens, John Havlicek, and Jo Jo White

r5TPsooner
6/28/2008, 07:39 AM
I was pulling for the Celtics this year but definitely not long term...

Exactly! And for the original poster to mention the Lakers in the same breath as the Yankees in blasphemy. I should neg you for that.