PDA

View Full Version : Business opportunity question

stoops the eternal pimp
6/18/2008, 11:37 AM
I've been approached about buying out a private drug screening company that has several accounts locally with places like Haliburton, Cudd, Simonton Windows, and several drilling companies to go along with the smaller businesses. Honestly, its not a big cost but right now, any cost is risky with our current income situation. It seems like it would be a good money maker but I don't know anybody in the business to talk with about all the pros and cons..

Please if you have any knowledge that would be useful, I would greatly appreciate you sharing what you know..

SoonerInKCMO
6/18/2008, 11:38 AM
Will you have to watch guys pee in a cup?

That'd be a deal breaker for me.

sooner_born_1960
6/18/2008, 11:38 AM
You gotta ask, If it's making money, why they selling?

stoops the eternal pimp
6/18/2008, 11:46 AM
This guy just got a divorce and he's going back to work for a pipeline company...he has no family here and doesn't want to try and keep it going while he is doing the pipeline thing

swardboy
6/18/2008, 04:12 PM
You're buying a cash flow...or not. A recast sheet is your best friend at this point to determine Seller's Discretionary Earnings. If the seller is ok with showing the last three year's financials and a ytd P&L statement, I believe most accountants could recast it to find if there's enough money to make a living, pay back any loans necessary to buy the business in a reasonable time, and to get a return on the investment.

swardboy
6/18/2008, 04:15 PM
Better yet, my company will pay you up to $5,000 for a seller referral if this guy wants to sell his business, and I can get my listing broker's permission to handle it. Our niche is selling businesses confidentially.

BillyBall
6/18/2008, 04:17 PM
What is the multiple of TTM EBITDA that he is asking for it? Does it make money at the net income level?