PDA

View Full Version : IM at a Lose for words

olevetonahill
6/16/2008, 02:21 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080616/ap_on_re_us/baby_killed;_ylt=AnOyF6tGcrdU9aG3bJL_FVes0NUE

Blue
6/16/2008, 02:38 AM
People are losing it. What a shame.

A distant cousin of mine in South Georgia went next door to his unruly neighbors a few weeks back and shot and killed two men straight up. The sherriff shot him dead. He was a small man and a deacon and choir leader at his church. Seems people are getting a tad crazier. Either that or we're just hearing more about these things in the sensationalist media.

Anyway, very tragic.

OUHOMER
6/16/2008, 05:06 AM
i dont understand why the bystanders didnt do more. I would have found something in my truck to stop him.

just sad

6/16/2008, 05:12 AM
I hope the kiddo was long gone early in the beating.

And I do approve of this kind of justice.

StoopTroup
6/16/2008, 05:35 AM
:( :mad: :(

Scott D
6/16/2008, 06:42 AM
i dont understand why the bystanders didnt do more. I would have found something in my truck to stop him.

just sad

I think more people are becoming afraid of being arrested for 'doing the right thing'. And while the obvious right thing in this situation would have been to beaten the guy into submission, the do gooder likely would have been arrested for assault. Life's become too much of a slippery slope thanks to ambulance chasers.

yermom
6/16/2008, 06:47 AM

i don't see it that way at all. seems the cop was trying to save the kid at that point.

Scott D
6/16/2008, 06:49 AM

And in the vein of what yermom said, I'd wager that the guy came after the kid again after the cop separated them attacked the cop and the cop shot him.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the guy was hopped up on something if they ever release a toxicology.

stoopified
6/16/2008, 10:11 AM
Whatever his motivation,the cop did the right thing.Now he will proably be sued by the ACLU on behalf of the dead psycho.

yermom
6/16/2008, 10:16 AM
hey, i think the ACLU only likes pre-birth baby killing ;)

SoonerInKCMO
6/16/2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah, stoopified, because beating a child to death is a 1st amendment right. :rolleyes:

John Kochtoston
6/16/2008, 10:28 AM

just sad

To be fair, the story did say that the first couple to arrive on the scene was elderly. They may not have been able to intervene, physically. Apparently, the others tried and failed. Some sick **** willing to pound the life out of a baby might be hard to deter from his task, especially if he was hooped up on some thing (or several somethings). Sounds like the cops got called, which may have been all they were able to do.

Animal Mother
6/16/2008, 01:38 PM
Meth, crack or PCP. Too bad the rodent didn't O.D. on one of his drugs of choice before he had a chance to do something so unspeakably brutal.

SoonerStormchaser
6/16/2008, 03:11 PM
Ya know...I don't know which is worse...the crap in Hartford or this.

Frankly, if I saw either event happen, I KNOW what I would do...lawsuits and career be damned!

soonermix
6/16/2008, 03:42 PM
I think more people are becoming afraid of being arrested for 'doing the right thing'. And while the obvious right thing in this situation would have been to beaten the guy into submission, the do gooder likely would have been arrested for assault. Life's become too much of a slippery slope thanks to ambulance chasers.

totally worth it to save the childs life

Bone
6/16/2008, 03:47 PM
I can't believe a passer-by couldn't stop him. Don't most people have a tire iron?

tbl
6/16/2008, 04:02 PM
Frankly, if I saw either event happen, I KNOW what I would do...lawsuits and career be damned!

I just read this and the only thing I can think is the people that tried to intervene and get involved but didn't have an effect must have been crippled. I'm physically capable to handle anything like this, but I can bet my wife who is 5'1" could have done something to stop it. I'm sick at my stomach now. I kinda wish the cop had just blown his balls off, then sent him to prison and put him in gen pop for the rest of his short and tortured life. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/16/2008, 04:12 PM
Sickening. And I'm glad I don't understand - people aren't SUPPOSED to be able to understand stuff like this.

*shakes head*

bluedogok
6/16/2008, 04:39 PM
I can't believe a passer-by couldn't stop him. Don't most people have a tire iron?
Most people anymore probably don't know they exist or they should have one in their car.

r5TPsooner
6/16/2008, 05:44 PM
If that would have happened in then part of the country someone would have been carrying a firearm and taken care of the situation.

However, it is California and you know how that goes.

SoonerKnight
6/16/2008, 11:46 PM
Just to let you know that a cop can use deadly force when their life or the life of another is in danger. A two year-old being beaten and the cops order the perp to stop and he does not comply it is justified to shoot him (to stop the threat :D) If death occurs then I guess they shoot till death occurs but what the cops did is legal in all 50 states. Shooting the guy is the quickest means to an end.

Scott D
6/17/2008, 07:17 AM
If that would have happened in then part of the country someone would have been carrying a firearm and taken care of the situation.

However, it is California and you know how that goes.

In California you stand a better chance of being sued by a dead person than carrying a firearm unless you're in a gang or a cop ;)

stoopified
6/17/2008, 04:24 PM
Yeah, stoopified, because beating a child to death is a 1st amendment right. :rolleyes:The arguement would more than likely be along the lines of the psycho beind deprived of due process.If you think this kind of lrgal action isn't done by the ACLU you have been living under a rock.

John Kochtoston
6/17/2008, 04:44 PM
The arguement would more than likely be along the lines of the psycho beind deprived of due process.If you think this kind of lrgal action isn't done by the ACLU you have been living under a rock.

The cop shot the bastard in an attempt to prevent the imminent threat of grave bodily harm, not to administer "street justice." There's no denial of due process here.