PDA

View Full Version : Just chatted with Ryan Humphrey

boomersooner28
6/15/2008, 04:46 PM
for about 30 minutes. He has had 2 knee surgeries and is trying to get healthy so he can play overseas again. He's still tall. :D Pretty nice guy.

the_ouskull
6/18/2008, 09:05 PM
Did you ask him why he left OU because he wanted to 1) be the focal point of an offense, and 2) play the 3 or 4 instead of the 5, and then proceeded to transfer to a school that already had an All-American playing the 4, forcing him to, once again, play the 5, and losing a year in the process?

Just curious... :D

the_ouskull

Jimminy Crimson
6/19/2008, 12:19 AM
heh

boomersooner28
6/19/2008, 05:58 AM
Did you ask him why he left OU because he wanted to 1) be the focal point of an offense, and 2) play the 3 or 4 instead of the 5, and then proceeded to transfer to a school that already had an All-American playing the 4, forcing him to, once again, play the 5, and losing a year in the process?

Just curious... :D

the_ouskull

No, but seriously, thats all I could think about. I wanted to ask if he seriously thought he would play 2 years at OU then go to the league with that jump shot. :D

trey
6/23/2008, 02:35 PM
did you ask him if it was true the time he quit running sprints during one of kelvin's practices then laid on the floor crying and yelling "i want to go home, i want my mom!!!"?

the_ouskull
6/23/2008, 06:39 PM
Kelvin = Schmitty?

:D

the_ouskull

Taxman71
6/24/2008, 10:51 AM
I saw Ryan play in high school and the guy only dunked (due to his size and athleticism) and shot free throws. Too bad no coach ever forced/convinced him to develop dribbling, mid-range, etc., because he could sky.

I also wonder how he would have been at a tight end on a Stoops-era football team....assuming he could get through the workouts.

the_ouskull
6/24/2008, 11:29 AM
That, sir, is a huge assumption. I mean, if he only caught the ball with one hand and turned over the same shoulder to get upfield every time; not to mention complaining about having to block instead of getting the ball more, I don't think he'd last long. He'd probably transfer to a school like Notre Dame. :D

the_ouskull

OUmillenium
7/2/2008, 10:04 AM
Skull, thanks for your excellent posts along my lines of thinking so I can spend more time reading and less time typing!

the_ouskull
7/2/2008, 03:01 PM
As an English teacher, I do like hearing that someone, ANYone, is spending more time reading... :D

the_ouskull