PDA

View Full Version : Go vote about the integrity of CF officiating

Flagstaffsooner
6/14/2008, 02:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/index as usual lower right on the page.

Curly Bill
6/14/2008, 03:12 PM
It would seem that in general peeps are more confident then I am about the state of officiating.

Flagstaffsooner
6/14/2008, 03:42 PM
It would seem that in general peeps are more confident then I am about the state of officiating.No joke, did you see Oregon?

OU-HSV
6/14/2008, 06:38 PM
Interesting. I'm of the smaller percentage apparently. 6% of us are concerned. Come on people, go vote.

Eielson
6/14/2008, 06:58 PM
Even Oklahoma is listed as confident.

garland sooner
6/14/2008, 09:19 PM
i think it's all relative. If this was the middle of the season after a few largely blown calls, then the vote would be much different. Anyhow, I think that basketball refs mess up more calls than football refs.

KingBarry
6/15/2008, 05:56 AM
i think it's all relative. If this was the middle of the season after a few largely blown calls, then the vote would be much different. Anyhow, I think that basketball refs mess up more calls than football refs.

Yeah, but the ESPN question is not about skill or accuracy, it's about ethics and integrity.

If a ref blows a call because he couldn't see it, was incompetent, or was poorly trained and/or inexperienced, that can have a huge impact on game outcomes, no doubt.

But come on, how can you watch our game at Oregon and not think that something else was going on there? And at Tech the year before? There were just to many mistakes, at too crucial a time, all favoring the home team, for me to walk away thinking "to err is human." At best, the only way I can describe those two situations is to wonder if the refs naturally tended to favor the home team. If so, that's a failure to maintain objectivity, and is unethical, but understandable as a human failing.

But at Oregon, i honestly think that the officials, for whaever reason, felt like it was their job to make sure that UO had every chance to win the game. Tech is beyond explanation.

i just don't have much faith in cfb officials right now.

boomersooner28
6/15/2008, 09:03 AM
I am pretty confident in the officiating....if the game is not being played on the west-coast.

Flagstaffsooner
6/15/2008, 09:11 AM
NM, WY, ND, SD and VT being the football powers that they are...