PDA

View Full Version : Grandfather kills grandson with AK-47

JohnnyMack
6/12/2008, 10:13 PM
http://www.ksat.com/news/16589436/detail.html

While hunting.

WTF were you hunting, Al Qaida?

6/12/2008, 10:29 PM
I'll go ahead and take the heat... I agree. Why the hell does any civilian need an assault rifle?

I know, I know... because if only the criminals have them, we are at a disadvantage.

Whatever.

olevetonahill
6/12/2008, 10:32 PM
Why in the **** was a Round Chambered and the safty OFF:mad:
Granpa outta be charged with Possessing a Firearm while STUPID.

olevetonahill
6/12/2008, 10:34 PM
I'll go ahead and take the heat... I agree. Why the hell does any civilian need an assault rifle?

I know, I know... because if only the criminals have them, we are at a disadvantage.

Whatever.

It dosent Matter what type weapon it Is , Carrying a weapon with the Safty OFF and a Round Chambered Is STUPID

6/12/2008, 10:35 PM
That's true... especially hunting in heavy brush with a young one. Gun safety is no accident.

mdklatt
6/12/2008, 10:37 PM
Why in the **** was a Round Chambered and the safty OFF:mad:

Weren't they hunting?

mdklatt
6/12/2008, 10:40 PM

Whatever.

You can't blame something like this on assault rifles. This kind of thing could happen with any gun.

olevetonahill
6/12/2008, 10:52 PM
Weren't they hunting?

If anyones Gunna Hunt that way . they aint Hunting around Me !

Viking Kitten
6/12/2008, 11:06 PM
You can't blame something like this on assault rifles. This kind of thing could happen with any gun.

Agreed. You can't outlaw stupidity.

6/12/2008, 11:11 PM
I fully realize a .22 can create just as much dead as an AK-47. (My oldest brother lost his life to a .22 in a similar, but solo accident.)

Perhaps this isn't the appropriate thread to bring up the caliber of weapon, but an AK-47 just seems a little extreme for most common folk.

Curly Bill
6/12/2008, 11:23 PM
I fully realize a .22 can create just as much dead as an AK-47. (My oldest brother lost his life to a .22 in a similar, but solo accident.)

Perhaps this isn't the appropriate thread to bring up the caliber of weapon, but an AK-47 just seems a little extreme for most common folk.

An AK-47 is less powerful then most modern hunting rifles. Now we can debate the applicability of using one for hunting, as they aren't terribly accurate, and there are lots of better choices, but the caliber itself is nothing extreme at all.

royalfan5
6/12/2008, 11:25 PM
What would you hunt with an AK-47? It doesn't seem like it would be well suited to anything but Coyotes.

Curly Bill
6/12/2008, 11:27 PM
What would you hunt with an AK-47? It doesn't seem like it would be well suited to anything but Coyotes.

I personally wouldn't hunt with one at all, but it is minimally powerful enough for deer-size game.

olevetonahill
6/12/2008, 11:32 PM
Im with Curly here. I wouldnt hunt with one either But they are Fun to shoot

Curly Bill
6/12/2008, 11:46 PM
Im with Curly here. I wouldnt hunt with one either But they are Fun to shoot

I got Vet on my side so I know I'm right! :D

I have a Ruger Mini-14 for the same reason -- it's fun to shoot and it's handy. I would not do any serious hunting with it either, though like the AK it is minimally powerful enough for deer-size game, but there are just lots better options when it comes to hunting.

Now if I'm just gonna go for a stoll through the woods and don't really plan on shooting anything, but want a gun along just in case, then the Mini-14 is perfect for that.

olevetonahill
6/12/2008, 11:52 PM
Now lets Get back to the Dumbass Carrying a weapon with a round Chambered and the Safty OFF. And the Barrell pointed at his Grandkids BACK
WTH was he thinking ?:mad:
If your Gonna carry with a round in the Chamber the SAFTY IS ON ( or should be ) Barrel Pointed Up or Down to the Ground . UP is Much Better

Curly Bill
6/13/2008, 12:00 AM
I learned from an early age, and I was allowed to carry guns from an early age, that the safety stayed on until you was ready to shoot, and you never, never, never, ever point a gun at someone (less they needed shootin), not even by accident.

This sounds like one of those accidents that should just never happen.

6/13/2008, 12:02 AM
I've only hunted once with a young'un (10 at the time), and he was clearly instructed to stay at our side at all times. And yes, all three guns were on safety.

I went hunting many times as a kid, and was always instructed to do the same.

tommieharris91
6/13/2008, 12:18 AM
Now lets Get back to the Dumbass Carrying a weapon with a round Chambered and the Safty OFF. And the Barrell pointed at his Grandkids BACK
WTH was he thinking ?:mad:
If your Gonna carry with a round in the Chamber the SAFTY IS ON ( or should be ) Barrel Pointed Up or Down to the Ground . UP is Much Better

I always thought down was better because you don't want the bullet falling and penetrating someone's head. I never took any hunter safety course though.

olevetonahill
6/13/2008, 12:20 AM
I always thought down was better because you don't want the bullet falling and penetrating someone's head. I never took any hunter safety course though.

I prefer folks Pointing em up around Me cause If the weapon goes off the Bullet hits the ground and Can richochet badly .

mdklatt
6/13/2008, 12:22 AM

Maybe down is bad because of ricochets? I have no idea.

Shooting guns into the air is generally not a good idea, though, IDIOTS ON NEW YEAR'S EVE.

olevetonahill
6/13/2008, 12:25 AM
Maybe down is bad because of ricochets? I have no idea.

Shooting guns into the air is generally not a good idea, though, IDIOTS ON NEW YEAR'S EVE.

Down is Good If you have the Barrel pointed away from all peoples in the Hunting Party. But Rocks can and do cause deflections .
At least If they are Pointed up I can see where they have em pointed easier

Jerk
6/13/2008, 04:40 AM
What in the hell were they hunting this time of year?

Must have been feril hogs.

7.62*39 is way too weak for doing this, but this guy isn't very smart anyway.

SoonerJack
6/13/2008, 07:43 AM
Muzzle control (barrell up) and safety on were the two main points they hammered in my hunters safety class.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/13/2008, 09:51 AM
I agree, what self-respecting person would take a AK-47 hunting? Unless you were going out target shooting. But then waht happened to gun safety?

StoopTroup
6/13/2008, 10:18 AM
I'd bet it wasn't even a real AK.

Probably a SKS type with the AK stock.

I'll need to investigate this a little further.

However...Dead is Dead even if it's from a Daisy CO2 pellet rifle.

Very sad though....sounds like he was a great kid.

Prayers for the Family...especially Grandpa...

stoopified
6/13/2008, 10:41 AM
Grandpa should have gone bow-hunting. :) However stupid we think grandpa was,I'm willing to bet it is nothing compared to what he thinks of himself.This is something hw has to live with for the rest of his days.

Tear Down This Wall
6/13/2008, 10:43 AM

Whatever.

No one in America needs one. Many rednecks think it's tough/cool to own one. It's stupid.

Gun ownership is one of the many things I've changed my mind on as I've grown older. I used to be an ignorant "2nd Amendment" banger. However, there is no possible way you can look at the time period our Constitution was written in and gain some sort of inference for people "hunting" with AK-47s.

The accidental killings is what eventually changed my mind about the 2nd Amendment. I don't care how responsible someone may be, kids are kids. And kids do stupid things, sometime not on purpose. Making a mistake with a gun is too often fatal.

When the Constitution was written, we were breaking away from England (and just a few years removed from them saving our bacon from the French). There was no "armed forces" to speak of, but there were local militias. Those were important back then, so the 2nd Amendment made sense.

Now, the 2nd Amendment makes no sense.

Yes, I realize there are many paranoid idiots out there who think "Yeah, that's what the government wants...for all of us to be disarmed." The government is such a clusterf*ck they can't even fix the smallest of problems, and yet the paranoid redneck faction is always looking over their shoulder at them.

It's endless..."they want to take away our guns...the IRS is too powerful...on and on and on, on and on...the beat don't stop until the break of dawn."

Get an f'ing clue. Citizens of the United States don't need AK-47s, or any other automatic weapon.

What needs to happen is that the people who own guns - legally or not - that "accidentally" kill someone need to be thrown in prison. Otherwise, this nonsense will never stop.

Suck it, 2nd Amendment paranoids. Go suck it with the UFO paranoids and the IRS paranoids. Just go suck it. Bunch of used up, flying dickwheels.

AggieTool
6/13/2008, 11:51 AM
No one in America needs one. Many rednecks think it's tough/cool to own one. It's stupid.

Gun ownership is one of the many things I've changed my mind on as I've grown older. I used to be an ignorant "2nd Amendment" banger. However, there is no possible way you can look at the time period our Constitution was written in and gain some sort of inference for people "hunting" with AK-47s.

The accidental killings is what eventually changed my mind about the 2nd Amendment. I don't care how responsible someone may be, kids are kids. And kids do stupid things, sometime not on purpose. Making a mistake with a gun is too often fatal.

When the Constitution was written, we were breaking away from England (and just a few years removed from them saving our bacon from the French). There was no "armed forces" to speak of, but there were local militias. Those were important back then, so the 2nd Amendment made sense.

Yes, I realize there are many paranoid idiots out there who think "Yeah, that's what the government wants...for all of us to be disarmed." The government is such a clusterf*ck they can't even fix the smallest of problems, and yet the paranoid redneck faction is always looking over their shoulder at them.

It's endless..."they want to take away our guns...the IRS is too powerful...on and on and on, on and on...the beat don't stop until the break of dawn."

Get an f'ing clue. Citizens of the United States don't need AK-47s, or any other automatic weapon.

What needs to happen is that the people who own guns - legally or not - that "accidentally" kill someone need to be thrown in prison. Otherwise, this nonsense will never stop.

Suck it, 2nd Amendment paranoids. Go suck it with the UFO paranoids and the IRS paranoids. Just go suck it. Bunch of used up, flying dickwheels.

Tell us how you REALLY feel.:D

mdklatt
6/13/2008, 11:58 AM

This is why I'm torn, too. If the gun owner is responsible, why not let them get their jollies however they want? However, the consequences for being irresponsible--or just plain criminal--are too high. Of course, you could make the same argument against cars or just about anything else.

JohnnyMack
6/13/2008, 12:04 PM
:pop:

GottaHavePride
6/13/2008, 12:34 PM
Cars are FAR more dangerous than guns.

And stupid is more dangerous than cars and guns combined. My dad has a LOT of guns in the house and no one has ever been shot with one of them.

Mongo
6/13/2008, 12:35 PM
:pop:

you better be pro-gun. remember all those head shots on the foreign diplomats we pulled off? we could have completed our missions if we were just using our karate, but the pink mist is hard to make with just a fist

AggieTool
6/13/2008, 12:36 PM
Cars are FAR more dangerous than guns.

And stupid is more dangerous than cars and guns combined. My dad has a LOT of guns in the house and no one has ever been shot with one of them.

My dad has a bunch of dynamite, and I've never been blown up by it.:P

GottaHavePride
6/13/2008, 12:40 PM
See? There you go. We have nothing to fear but stupid.

JohnnyMack
6/13/2008, 12:47 PM
you better be pro-gun. remember all those head shots on the foreign diplomats we pulled off? we could have completed our missions if we were just using our karate, but the pink mist is hard to make with just a fist

True. I did make the pink mist with my fist. Once. You were tokin' on a hookah in an underground New Dehli bar while I was singlehandedly taking on 3 blood warriors from Pashtun with nothing but a phone book. I was so in tune with my training I allowed my fists to operate as miniature hellfire missles, turning one of the would be assassins skulls into the coveted pink mist. I don't have video evidence, but it happened.

Curly Bill
6/13/2008, 03:26 PM

Yeah, just like the 1st Amendment, because some people use it to run their mouths in a clueless manner. :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
6/13/2008, 03:48 PM
Yeah, just like the 1st Amendment, because some people use it to run their mouths in a clueless manner. :rolleyes:

Im still amazed at How many Idjits still think they are AUTOMATIC weapons .
When some one says that kinda crap it tells me they are freakin CLUELESS !

Curly Bill
6/13/2008, 04:02 PM
...and what exactly is a "flying dickwheel" ???

olevetonahill
6/13/2008, 04:04 PM
...and what exactly is a "flying dickwheel" ???

I wanta know how to use MINE up :D

Curly Bill
6/13/2008, 04:06 PM
A "flying dickwheel" must be what the "UFO paranoids" are seeing in the night skies. :D

Hamhock
6/13/2008, 04:19 PM

this post is a disgrace to the man in your avatar.

it's not about guns, it's about freedom.

i hope you enjoy the same name-calling immunity as Dean enjoys, you pinko commie.

olevetonahill
6/13/2008, 04:25 PM
this post is a disgrace to the man in your avatar.

it's not about guns, it's about freedom.

i hope you enjoy the same name-calling immunity as Dean enjoys, you pinko commie.

Hes Calling any of us that own any Semi auto , a stupid redneck flying dickwheel :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
6/13/2008, 04:27 PM
Maybe we should go over to the Sponsor Forum and organize us one of them SPEK jihads. :D

Hamhock
6/13/2008, 04:27 PM
Hes Calling any of us that own any Semi auto , a stupid redneck flying dickwheel :rolleyes:

and he doesn't know the difference in automatic and semi-automatic.

i don't know a single person who owns an automatic weapon.

olevetonahill
6/13/2008, 04:30 PM
and he doesn't know the difference in automatic and semi-automatic.

i don't know a single person who owns an automatic weapon.

Thats why I said he lost any Cred with me when He stated that .
Ive personally owned ONE full auto . that was when I was a Cop .
a 9mm Uzi sweet , but dayum expensive to just mess around with :cool:

Curly Bill
6/13/2008, 04:33 PM
Thats why I said he lost any Cred with me when He stated that .
Ive personally owned ONE full auto . that was when I was a Cop .
a 9mm Uzi sweet , but dayum expensive to just mess around with :cool:

Yup, I'm willing to have an honest debate with someone on the 2nd Amendment, but when it's obvious they have no clue, then not so much.

Curly Bill
6/13/2008, 04:35 PM
...but I do appreciate he gave me a new expletive to use! :D

"flying dickwheel" ...that's gold right there. :D

RedstickSooner
6/13/2008, 05:37 PM

'Cuz, if the second amendment meant *anything*, it meant that we should be on at least a competitive footing with our own military. So military weapons are precisely what should be constitutionally protected. Not a .38 in your purse.

I'd rather we banned handguns than ban .50 cal rifles. Criminals use handguns. The .50? Not so much.

I don't own a gun, because I don't think the government is in imminent danger of trampling my rights to such an extent that I'd need one. Plus, I'm a realist, and I know that there's just no way the second amendment is going to let me match my government in terms of military firepower. The chance of that happening ended back in, what, the '30s when they banned civilian ownership of automatic weapons?

And I just don't see any practical way for a civilian to own, say, an Abrams tank. Which, in my mind, is what the second amendment is supposed to ensure. Otherwise, why include it? The framers were afraid of a State being able to run roughshod through force of arms. The only way to prevent that is a well-armed populace. Once arms got so potent that you couldn't trust a populace with 'em, that particular "check and balance" became untenable.

But, it still bugs me a bit when people gang-pile on assault weapons just because they're big 'n scary. It's sort of like a German shepherd versus a yip dog. The German shepherd looks a lot scarier -- but it's the yip dog that's statistically most likely to bite you. Difference with guns is that the firearm equivalent of a yip dog can still kill you. And even a .22 can ruin your whole day.

olevetonahill
6/13/2008, 05:57 PM
Real simple Folks
I Own weapons .
I enjoy shootin em fer the Hell of it. Plus I live 6 Miles In the Boonies .
If some Crack head wants My **** Guess what He can have it IF he Can get past My Guns .
The Fastest Response Time the PoPos can do Here is 30 Minutes .
By that time the situation is well under control by ME or Im DEAD.
True story
A few years ago I heard from a Crack Ho that Owed Me Money that some dudes where Gonna come ROB me .
I said If you Know em better tell em DONT . I dont get messed with Cause Folks KNOW ill shoot thier assoff if they try .
Nuff said !

Jerk
6/13/2008, 07:39 PM

LOL! 'Tear Down This Wall."

The people on the EAST side of the wall would agree with you. Well, not all of them, just those with the guns.

Self-defense and self-preservation are God-given human rights. Anyone who thinks otherwise, is a gawdamned commie.

AggieTool
6/13/2008, 10:54 PM
LOL! 'Tear Down This Wall."

The people on the EAST side of the wall would agree with you. Well, not all of them, just those with the guns.

Self-defense and self-preservation are God-given human rights. Anyone who thinks otherwise, is a gawdamned commie.

Dasss rite. God dun tole me to get u gun er too!:mad:

Dem commies aint'a gonna git mah gun!:mad:

olevetonahill
6/13/2008, 11:05 PM
Dasss rite. God dun tole me to get u gun er too!:mad:

Dem commies aint'a gonna git mah gun!:mad:

Why are you here ?

Curly Bill
6/13/2008, 11:12 PM
Why are you here ?

Maybe he fell off the "flying dickwheel" onto his head. :confused:

olevetonahill
6/13/2008, 11:44 PM
Maybe he fell off the "flying dickwheel" onto his head. :confused:

Aggot cant be for real can he ?

Curly Bill
6/13/2008, 11:47 PM
Aggot cant be for real can he ?

Na, surely not.

olevetonahill
6/13/2008, 11:50 PM
Na, surely not.

Commies gots his gun so he aint gota dick NOMO :P

6/14/2008, 08:49 AM
When I was living in Oklahoma, I remember a story about a 2 year old boy killed by a riding lawn mower driven by his grandmother.

It is another case of, "HOLY GOD, PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE REAL."

Horrific things happen all around us. I offer a prayer for this boy's family and especially for his grandfather.

stoopified
6/14/2008, 09:56 AM
Maybe he fell off the "flying dickwheel" onto his head. :confused:That is TOO funny! :D