PDA

View Full Version : UPS Sucks

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2008, 03:54 PM
Someone explain this to me. I ordered something from Best Buy which was shipped from Ohio via UPS and this program where they, evidently, dump the package off into the USPS system at some point.

So, it has taken a week thus far and my package has traveled from Ohio to Austin where it was dumped into the USPS system. Now, I fully expect my package to arrive today since Austin is barely over an hour away from here. I track my package a few moments ago and guess where it was sent to? Oklahoma City and then to Dallas. By ground.

So, to conclude, my package was shipped from Ohio to Austin then driven THROUGH Waco to get to Oklahoma City where it was sent south to Dallas and will presumably be sent south again to Waco.......again. Would it really have been that difficult to drop the package off in Waco on the way to OKC???

Here's the info:

Date Description Location
Jun 8 2008 Mail Retrieved From Shipper
Jun 8 2008 Received at UPS Mail Innovations Origin RPF Groveport, OH
Jun 8 2008 Processed at UPS Mail Innovations Origin RPF Groveport, OH
Jun 9 2008 Transferred to UPS Mail Innovations Destination RPF Austin, TX
Jun 11 2008 Received at UPS Mail Innovations Destination RPF Austin, TX

Delivery Confirmation Information
Delivery Confirmation Number: 9102849798814022902296
Date/Time Event Name Location
Jun 11 2008 01:18PM ELECTRONIC SHIPPING INFO RECEIVED OKLAHOMA CITY,OK
Jun 12 2008 02:46AM SHIPMENT ACCEPTANCE DALLAS,TX
Jun 12 2008 08:00AM PROCESSED DALLAS,TX
Jun 12 2008 09:19AM PROCESSED DALLAS,TX

Is there something I'm missing?

Frozen Sooner
6/12/2008, 03:58 PM
Oh, yeah?

When I got my iPod, it shipped from Shanghai to Anchorage, sat on the tarmac in Anchorage for a day, then to Dayton, OH, then back to Anchorage.

Top THAT.

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2008, 04:00 PM
Oh, yeah?

When I got my iPod, it shipped from Shanghai to Anchorage, sat on the tarmac in Anchorage for a day, then to Dayton, OH, then back to Anchorage.

Top THAT.

Do you suppose they'd have given you the ipod if you physically went down to the airport and asked them to pull it off the plane? If I had known which truck had my package in it then I'd have tried to run them down in my miata and pull my package off the truck.

GrapevineSooner
6/12/2008, 04:00 PM
So it got punted to Dayton?

Frozen Sooner
6/12/2008, 04:01 PM
Do you suppose they'd have given you the ipod if you physically went down to the airport and asked them to pull it off the plane? If I had known which truck had my package in it then I'd have tried to run them down in my miata and pull my package off the truck.

Nah. It hadn't cleared customs yet. That's why it had to go to Dayton.

JohnnyMack
6/12/2008, 04:06 PM
If you worked for UPS no one would ever get their packages. Magellan.

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2008, 04:08 PM
I'm not entirely sure I should be blaming UPS. It actually appears to be teh fault of USPS.

Scott D
6/12/2008, 04:09 PM
Someone explain this to me. I ordered something from Best Buy which was shipped from Ohio via UPS and this program where they, evidently, dump the package off into the USPS system at some point.

So, it has taken a week thus far and my package has traveled from Ohio to Austin where it was dumped into the USPS system. Now, I fully expect my package to arrive today since Austin is barely over an hour away from here. I track my package a few moments ago and guess where it was sent to? Oklahoma City and then to Dallas. By ground.

So, to conclude, my package was shipped from Ohio to Austin then driven THROUGH Waco to get to Oklahoma City where it was sent south to Dallas and will presumably be sent south again to Waco.......again. Would it really have been that difficult to drop the package off in Waco on the way to OKC???

Here's the info:

Date Description Location
Jun 8 2008 Mail Retrieved From Shipper
Jun 8 2008 Received at UPS Mail Innovations Origin RPF Groveport, OH
Jun 8 2008 Processed at UPS Mail Innovations Origin RPF Groveport, OH
Jun 9 2008 Transferred to UPS Mail Innovations Destination RPF Austin, TX
Jun 11 2008 Received at UPS Mail Innovations Destination RPF Austin, TX

Delivery Confirmation Information
Delivery Confirmation Number: 9102849798814022902296
Date/Time Event Name Location
Jun 11 2008 01:18PM ELECTRONIC SHIPPING INFO RECEIVED OKLAHOMA CITY,OK
Jun 12 2008 02:46AM SHIPMENT ACCEPTANCE DALLAS,TX
Jun 12 2008 08:00AM PROCESSED DALLAS,TX
Jun 12 2008 09:19AM PROCESSED DALLAS,TX

Is there something I'm missing?

the entire process was done via ground, and included the weekend. you should be happy that they even bothered to pick it up on Sunday.

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2008, 04:10 PM
the entire process was done via ground, and included the weekend.

I know...what I'm curious about is why would they drive the package THROUGH Waco to Oklahoma then Dallas and then ship it back to Waco?

Why not just drop it off in Waco....

Scott D
6/12/2008, 04:17 PM
I know...what I'm curious about is why would they drive the package THROUGH Waco to Oklahoma then Dallas and then ship it back to Waco?

probably the same reason I had an item shipped from miami to okc, and it went to ft. lauderdale to ohio to dallas to okc. Everything is done through routes, and waystations.

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2008, 04:22 PM
probably the same reason I had an item shipped from miami to okc, and it went to ft. lauderdale to ohio to dallas to okc. Everything is done through routes, and waystations.

Well, I'm irritated. I want to play GTA IV!

mdklatt
6/12/2008, 04:24 PM

Well, probably because it went to Oklahoma on a semi, and I don't see many semis making door-to-door deliveries for UPS or USPS. Dallas is obviously a regional distribution center, though, so I don't know why it didn't get sent there from Austin. It's possible it just ended up on the wrong truck.

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2008, 04:25 PM
Well, probably because it went to Oklahoma on a semi, and I don't see many semis making door-to-door deliveries for UPS or USPS. Dallas is obviously a regional distribution center, though, so I don't know why it didn't get sent there from Austin. It's possible it just ended up on the wrong truck.

I'm not saying the truck itself should deliver it to my door, but if they're going to drop it into the USPS system then why not drop it off at the post office or however they do such things?

I guess they have to go through the hubs to keep everything organized, but you'd think they'd figure out a way to be at least a bit more efficient. It's to their benefit and mine.

JohnnyMack
6/12/2008, 04:27 PM
Why don't you take your lazy *** to the store? Afraid you'll get lost? :D

Frozen Sooner
6/12/2008, 04:27 PM
SicEm, do you not think that UPS has spent millions of dollars studying logistics and the most efficient ways to move stuff from one place to another?

Most efficient does not always equal fastest.

soonerinabilene
6/12/2008, 04:42 PM
I'm not entirely sure I should be blaming UPS. It actually appears to be teh fault of USPS.

Oh crap... Brace yourself.:gary:

mdklatt
6/12/2008, 04:44 PM
I guess they have to go through the hubs to keep everything organized, but you'd think they'd figure out a way to be at least a bit more efficient. It's to their benefit and mine.

It's not going to be efficient to stop the semi at every little town along the way to deliver a handful of packages to the local office. That might be best for the deliverees in those towns, but it's going to be worse overall for everybody else.

olevetonahill
6/12/2008, 05:36 PM
What they dont sell Blow up dolls in Waco ?

6/12/2008, 05:51 PM
It's called "volume shipping." When that truck left from Austin to the Oklahoma City hub, it was probably one of those "road trains" with two trailers; NOT the little brown truck that pulls up next to your Miata and delivers a single package.

They've got it down as efficient as possible, I suppose. And I'm certain they are constantly working on ways to improve it.

BTW, if you saw the way those big rigs are packed at the UPS hubs, you'd understand why they don't dig out a handful of stuff for a particular city because it's on the way.

Turd_Ferguson
6/12/2008, 05:55 PM
http://www.cargolaw.com/images/Singles.UPS.FedEx.GIF

olevetonahill
6/12/2008, 05:59 PM
Fed Ex and UPS are going to Merge
New Name Is gonna be
" Fed Up"

Turd_Ferguson
6/12/2008, 06:01 PM
Fed Ex and UPS are going to Merge
New Name Is gonna be
" Fed Up"

http://bp1.blogger.com/_XJseql2u5l0/RzouDo4HD_I/AAAAAAAABf8/9DOM7iEJAj4/s320/fedex_truck.jpg

:D

proud gonzo
6/15/2008, 11:39 AM
Do you suppose they'd have given you the ipod if you physically went down to the airport and asked them to pull it off the plane? If I had known which truck had my package in it then I'd have tried to run them down in my miata and pull my package off the truck.and then you could have started a "Punched by a UPS guy" thread

r5TPsooner
6/15/2008, 11:45 AM
I'm amazed at how many people complain about UPS. I deal with them just about everyday in my home business, and for over ten years I have never had an issue of any kind except for the box looking the worst for wear.