PDA

View Full Version : The first rule of Sex Club is...

Okla-homey
6/12/2008, 02:27 PM
don't talk about Sex Club!

followed closely by "Be sure to take a shower first"
and, "bring your own lube"

'Swingers' Club Ordered To Stop Sex Parties -- Club Threatened With Fines

MELBOURNE, Fla. -- City code enforcement officials have ordered a controversial underground swingers club to stop hosting sexually themed parties by the end of Thursday or face fines of up to $250 a day.

Melbourne officials and an irritated landlord want to close the Hunt Club which is based inside a house in the rustic Oak Groves subdivision, nestled among acre-lot estates, horse stables and backyard fish ponds along the Turtle Mound Road corridor.

Club operators Richard Spalding and Kirsi Page face $250 daily code enforcement fines if they host swingers' parties after Thursday.

Recent examples of their events have been "Naughty Girls, Ice Cream and High Heels Social," a pajama party and a paper-mask masquerade, according to various Web sites.

In a Tuesday e-mail to Code Enforcement Administrator Dan Porsi, Page contended that her club is a private group, not a business, Local 6 News partner Florida Today reported. She stated that Melbourne officials were "making up ridiculous fines and singling out a few people to persecute."

"Fully grown adults will not tolerate being told who they can and cannot have sex with," Page wrote. "Twisting existing laws or making up new ones to punish people for their sex lives is not only arrogant and misguided, but also corrupt in the sense that you are using your political position to impose your favored sexual practices on someone else."

Penny Hanson, who owns the Beth Lane home, is evicting Spalding and Page, City Hall records show. A lease termination notice was delivered to the house, effective June 30. Otherwise, beginning July 1, the club operators must start paying double rent, or $123.33 per day.

Porsi gave the club until Thursday to cease swingers' activities. Otherwise, the Melbourne code enforcement board could consider the matter during its July 30 meeting -- and levy daily fines of up to $250.

Previously, The Hunt Club asked party attendees for $40 donations, and the club sought $60,000 from investors to build an eight-bedroom complex. But in her e-mail to Porsi, Page stated that her organization violates no local laws.

"We have our friends over for parties. Yes, people at our parties consume alcohol. It is not against the law to have friends over to your house for fun," Page wrote. "That does not constitute the operation of a business."

The Hunt Club featured a stripper pole and stage, swinging sex chair and a bedroom that was converted into an "observation room," Police Chief Don Carey said in April.

royalfan5
6/12/2008, 02:28 PM
That is the text-book definition of being a fun hater.

SoonerStormchaser
6/12/2008, 02:31 PM
Well...if SicEm wants to gain his mancard back, his only CONUS options now lie in Nevada.

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2008, 02:35 PM
Well...if SicEm wants to gain his mancard back, his only CONUS options now lie in Nevada.

That's one option; alternatively, I could just follow your lead and cruise the streets of Sun City, TX slappin' the b****** and jockin' the hoes.

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2008, 02:36 PM
For the record though, I can't see why this is any of the government's business what these people are doing in the privacy of their own home.

6/12/2008, 02:40 PM
I can just imagine all the beautiful people that will be disappointed with this news.

GrapevineSooner
6/12/2008, 02:45 PM
For the record though, I can't see why this is any of the government's business what these people are doing in the privacy of their own home.

I agree.

From what I gather, this is strictly a civil matter between the landlord and the occupants.

Chuck Bao
6/12/2008, 03:21 PM

I dunno. I wouldn't like the thought of a commercial sex party place next door. Okay, I would, but I imagine that others wouldn't.

I would hope some of these new entrepreneurs making the news lately would take their sex clubs out of the residential areas and into those gawdawful suburbia strip malls (pun not intended) where they could offer discreet parking. Here's a novel idea - call it a couples' sauna. Why does sex have to be so dirty?

Frozen Sooner
6/12/2008, 03:51 PM
Well now we know why we never hear from VeeJay on the weekends...

Frozen Sooner
6/12/2008, 03:52 PM
Why does sex have to be so dirty?

Because it's not as fun otherwise.

GrapevineSooner
6/12/2008, 03:58 PM
Why does sex have to be so dirty?

Shower together before the deed.

Problem solved. :D

Rogue
6/12/2008, 05:49 PM
None of the gubmint's business.

VeeJay
6/12/2008, 06:29 PM
Well now we know why we never hear from VeeJay on the weekends...

Livin' that dream, man...

KC//CRIMSON
6/12/2008, 06:32 PM
The first rule of Sex Club is...

...never cross swords.

Sooner_Havok
6/12/2008, 07:07 PM
...never cross swords.

8K7A30tpp8U

KC//CRIMSON
6/12/2008, 07:19 PM
8K7A30tpp8U