PDA

View Full Version : HEH Ive got Babies every where

olevetonahill
6/12/2008, 11:51 AM
The Birds eggs In my BBQ grill finally hatched , 5 of them lil ****ers.
Came in from watching mama feed em sat down here at the Puter Looked out My winder and theres a Doe with her spekled assed Baby right behind her
And I was thinking of moving to town .:eek:

yermom
6/12/2008, 12:00 PM
someone needs a camera :D

olevetonahill
6/12/2008, 12:01 PM
someone needs a camera :D

With some one to teach this Old ****er how to use it :O

OUMallen
6/12/2008, 12:06 PM
The Birds eggs In my BBQ grill finally hatched , 5 of them lil ****ers.
Came in from watching mama feed em sat down here at the Puter Looked out My winder and theres a Doe with her spekled assed Baby right behind her
And I was thinking of moving to town .:eek:

Mmmm...BBQ baby birds....I'd get some chili powder, lime juice and the zest of those limes, a little cayenne and oil and you gotta FAJITA party, my man!

olevetonahill
6/12/2008, 12:08 PM
them lil suckers wouldnt make a mouthfull for My cat .

6/12/2008, 12:09 PM
Anyone else think "Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota, Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma, Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma, Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo, Tocapillo, Baranquilla, and Perdilla, I'm a killer." when they read that subject line?

Flagstaffsooner
6/12/2008, 12:22 PM
http://kids.christiansunite.com/images/animals/vulture.jpg
State Bird of Wister.

C&CDean
6/12/2008, 01:04 PM
I've got some dumbass swallows who keep building nests on the underside of the front of one of my stock trailers. Every time I haul cattle I have to check the nest and see if there's any little ones in it. If there is, I dispose of them since letting them fall out and slowly die on the highway is less palatable to me. I usually knock the nest off too, but those dumb birds build it right back.

Hamhock
6/12/2008, 01:38 PM
One time (actually two times), I killed a bobcat. With. My. Bow.

6/12/2008, 01:55 PM
Bobcats do tend to freeze if they think you are far enough away. Not like a coyote that hauls a$$ at first sight.

(Sorry... didn't mean to belittle your accomplishments, Hamhock.)

badger
6/12/2008, 02:14 PM
I've got some dumbass swallows who keep building nests on the underside of the front of one of my stock trailers. Every time I haul cattle I have to check the nest and see if there's any little ones in it. If there is, I dispose of them since letting them fall out and slowly die on the highway is less palatable to me. I usually knock the nest off too, but those dumb birds build it right back.

Packer fan to Packer fan, I can take away any guilt you feel in being a home wrecker :D

If you're good with tools and building stuff (aren't all farmers?) then my diagnosis is "shortage of ideal home space." I prescribe birdie homes attached to trees or poles.

We have dealt with swallows like this for years. If they're cliff swallows, usually a big pile of dirt will satisfy their nest building. However, for the far more vicious and defensive swallows that you seem to be dealing with, I recommend the birdie house option.

http://www.e-scoutcraft.com/activities/birdhouse1_f.jpg

This is how simple one is. A few scraps of wood thrown together and you're finished. In addition to the hole on the side that can be seen in this picture, I also recommend cutting a hole on top (which you can cover with netted wire or chicken wire or leave open) to allow for more air circulation). The only thing you will have to do (other than build it) is clean it out at the end of the season, leave one of the boards loose so that you can open it.

http://kikipotamus.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/bird-house.jpg
Here's another option - ugly, right? Birds are beggers, not choosers. That's why they eat seed that falls on the ground and not from a fancy feeder, lol.

I can't guarantee it will solve your problem totally, but it will help.

Sooner_Havok
6/12/2008, 03:21 PM
The last of 187 baby birds attacked at Lake Hefner died Wednesday night at a wildlife rescue center in Noble, the bird's caretaker said.

The cliff swallow's nest was among 30 to 40 that were knocked down — allegedly by an angry boat owner — Sunday at the Gate 4 docks of the Lake Hefner Marina, officials said.

The last survivor was rescued by Oklahoma City police Sgt. Lori Osborn and taken to the WildCare Foundation in Noble, where it died, director Rondi Large said.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is investigating the incident, but no arrests have been made and the name of the man accused has not been released. Cliff swallows are protected under federal law, making it illegal to harm them.

:( What a ****ing ***

olevetonahill
6/12/2008, 05:25 PM
:( What a ****ing ***

Now thats a Bastage
If My lively hood depended on MY grill id Do what Dean did . But It dont so I dont .

Sooner_Havok
6/12/2008, 05:27 PM
Now thats a Bastage
If My lively hood depended on MY grill id Do what Dean did . But It dont so I dont .

Understandable. Least Dean killed em quick.

olevetonahill
6/12/2008, 05:33 PM
Understandable. Least Dean killed em quick.

Thats My point bro.

Turd_Ferguson
6/12/2008, 05:46 PM
A few years ago, I had some Killdeer build a nest right in the middle of my ****'n gravel driveway. I got a kick out of checking the egg's and having the parents drag their wings trying to get me to go after them. I put up three stakes around the nest and tied caution tape around them and my friends made fun of me for it.:mad: But, I did get to see them hatch and leave the nest.

olevetonahill
6/12/2008, 05:48 PM
A few years ago, I had some Killdeer build a nest right in the middle of my ****'n gravel driveway. I got a kick out of checking the egg's and having the parents drag their wings trying to get me to go after them. I put up three stakes around the nest and tied caution tape around them and my friends made fun of me for it.:mad: But, I did get to see them hatch and leave the nest.

Sounds like something Id do . Good man!

VeeJay
6/12/2008, 06:46 PM
I took these pics last summer in my dad's backyard. Three days later, he told me the eggs hatched. I put the two pics in a frame and put it on my office wall. Something silly but simple.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff14/randyw86/DSCN0450-1.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff14/randyw86/DSCN0444.jpg

Little baby birds and how they get here are teh awesome.