PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have MAGICJACK for their phone?

stoopified
6/12/2008, 10:26 AM
I have been seeing commercials for it and think it is too good to be true.$19.95 a year for phone service with unlimited long distance?Sounds like it should rank up there with Jack and his MAGIC BEANS.Anyone who has tried it and has positive or negative feedback,lay it on me.

6/12/2008, 10:33 AM
http://www.laptopmag.com/review/voip/magicJack.aspx

yermom
6/12/2008, 10:37 AM
as i was kinda guessing, this is VOIP, using your internet connection

$20 a year, sounds like a decent deal...

i'd say it would be worth trying, but it's not something i need since i use my cell for LD, and i don't generally have an issue with minutes

if you make a lot of LD calls, it's probably worth it. of course, i also like having a real line at home, so i'd be paying for this on top of having my regular line

relying on my computer and broadband connection to have a phone sounds like it would be fine for recreational stuff, but for emergencies, etc... i'd want the real thing. it works when the power's out, for example

NormanPride
6/12/2008, 10:39 AM
Looks like spyware. Avoid.

yermom
6/12/2008, 10:44 AM
yeah, those reviews aren't stellar, but you never know who is posting them, lol

soonerhubs
6/12/2008, 11:54 AM
yeah, those reviews aren't stellar, but you never know who is posting them, lol

Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.

:)

yermom
6/12/2008, 11:57 AM
well, i can just think of some people that would REALLY like for that product/company to not exist

soonerhubs
6/12/2008, 12:00 PM
well, i can just think of some people that would REALLY like for that product/company to not exist

I agree with you 100%. I just always liked that quote regarding the validity of folks' sources, especially online.

yermom
6/12/2008, 12:00 PM
oh yeah, that was a great episode too :)

soonerbrat
6/12/2008, 12:16 PM
I haven't had a landline in about 9 years anyway