PDA

View Full Version : The American War?

SteelClip49
6/12/2008, 03:43 AM
I was just thinking and I could not sleep so I thought I would say this whether I am making a big deal out of it or not. I also use "War" as lightly as possible when comparing it to what our troops are experiencing so by no means am I linking the two. I would have said "struggle" or "fight" but I didn't feel the symbolism was all that bold. Just thought I would say what was on my mind whether this post is ludicrous or not.

Politicians, corruptive government, economic crises, health care, poverty, people killing people for stupid reasons or no reasons at all....people with guns, racism always, continuation of sending our troops overseas only to come back in limited amounts, money-greed, jeopardizing outcomes in money-hungry sports, parity, media and its involvement whether positive or negative, celebrities as the authority and normal people like us as scum (all about money), oil and gas (money), middle class pretty much looking like the lower class all because of money and its inflation, bribery, teachers having sex with students, pedophiles, music (does it really exist anymore?), illegal immigration, Spanish soon becoming the #1 language, etc...

WAR is overseas yet we are constantly in some kind of war (and I use that as lightly as possible in not comparing it to overseas) over here doing what we can to survive despite the corruption that is all around us such as some mentioned above. In a way we are trying to defend ourselves at the same time as being successful as we keep on going in this world. I know we have it made compared to other countries but at the same time there are probably other countries that believe they have it made over us based on what is mentioned above. We all have problems but as an American I wonder sometimes when I walk outside my door and I am driving down the highway if I am really ok? Perhaps I just have to keep on going and hope one day there can be a much better sense of normalcy....then again, what is normal?

def_lazer_fc
6/12/2008, 03:54 AM
dont worry about it. just go back to bed and be sure to check out america's next top something or other tomorrow night on abc! woo!! ;)

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2008, 04:02 AM
WAR is overseas yet we are constantly in some kind of war (and I use that as lightly as possible in not comparing it to overseas) over here doing what we can to survive despite the corruption that is all around us such as some mentioned above. In a way we are trying to defend ourselves at the same time as being successful as we keep on going in this world. I know we have it made compared to other countries but at the same time there are probably other countries that believe they have it made over us based on what is mentioned above. We all have problems but as an American I wonder sometimes when I walk outside my door and I am driving down the highway if I am really ok? Perhaps I just have to keep on going and hope one day there can be a much better sense of normalcy....then again, what is normal?

Normal is the return to a constitutional republic that only goes to war when the nation is directly attacked. The United States is abandoning its republican tradition for the sake of an empire in much the same way that Rome did. When that happens you experience exactly the sort of internal/domestic corruption and rot that you have attempted to describe.

The answer to all of this is that we cease to be the world's police force, we abandon the ill advised global responsibilities we've assumed since the end of WWII, and we once again become the republic that we were always suppose to be.

It won't happen of course, and the immigrants you mentioned are every bit the barbarians at the gate.

Jerk
6/12/2008, 05:55 AM
Your head's going to explode.

SoonerInKCMO
6/12/2008, 07:37 AM
We're just beginning our national decline as Hapsburg Spain, The Netherlands and Great Britain did before us. It'll be rough for a while but it'll be OK in the end.

Yeah, I've been reading 'Bad Money'...