PDA

View Full Version : OK, who had June 11 in the.....

AllAboutThe'O'
6/12/2008, 03:00 AM
when will Milton Bradley finally go ballistic for the first time in a season pool? Totally bizarre story, even by Bradley's lofty standards:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3438827

royalfan5
6/12/2008, 09:29 AM
heh, good thing he didn't hear what Ryan and Frank said the night before.

Eielson
6/12/2008, 03:01 PM
"I'm tired of people bringing me down"

I really wonder what he does that would make people bring him down...

Milton Bradley stormed out of the Texas Rangers clubhouse after an 11-5 victory Wednesday night over Kansas City and bounded up four flights of stairs looking for Royals television announcer Ryan Lefebvre.

He sure showed them he doesn't have anger problems anymore.

GrapevineSooner
6/12/2008, 03:56 PM
Well, I think Ryan's a ****** for even bringing Milton up in that context. It's fine if you want to compliment Josh Hamilton for changing his ways, but why bring up Milton?

That having been said, Milton didn't exactly do much to shed his rep as an out of control hot head in response. He should have either shrugged it off or contact Jim Sundberg to have a face to face with Lefebvre.

royalfan5
6/12/2008, 09:20 PM
Well, I think Ryan's a ****** for even bringing Milton up in that context. It's fine if you want to compliment Josh Hamilton for changing his ways, but why bring up Milton?

That having been said, Milton didn't exactly do much to shed his rep as an out of control hot head in response. He should have either shrugged it off or contact Jim Sundberg to have a face to face with Lefebvre.

Because Milton is a good example of what not to be. He basically handed the Royals two runs the night before because he doesn't give a **** in the outfield. If Milton doesn't want to be called out by opposing team announcers, try playing baseball like you care.

Also, you guys do know that Bradley faked an injury to get out of a trade to the Royals last year right? That's not going to win friends in Kansas City.

Scott D
6/12/2008, 10:06 PM
I'd fake an injury to get out of being traded to the Royals. No shame in that move.

colleyvillesooner
6/12/2008, 10:22 PM
no kidding, who hasn't done that! :D

GrapevineSooner
6/13/2008, 07:09 AM
Because Milton is a good example of what not to be. He basically handed the Royals two runs the night before because he doesn't give a **** in the outfield. If Milton doesn't want to be called out by opposing team announcers, try playing baseball like you care.

Well, that's kind of the entire issue. He cares and he's passionate, but a little bit too much.

Still, if you're going to bag on the guy because of something that occurs on the field, do it after he dogs it on a single to the outfield and turns it into a single with a two base error.

You don't use him as a contrast to another player on the same team, especially if you've never even talked to him. It just smacked of going of your way to attack a player. Tell me, does Jose Guillen get the same treatment on their broadcast?

Also, you guys do know that Bradley faked an injury to get out of a trade to the Royals last year right? That's not going to win friends in Kansas City.

I do know he was injured for much of last year, so it might be best to tap the brakes on this conspiracy. IIRC, he never had a problem with Buddy Bell in Cleveland. It was Eric Wedge who he had an issue with and who had an issue with him.

And IIRC, Buddy managed in Kansas City last year.

royalfan5
6/13/2008, 08:53 AM
Well, that's kind of the entire issue. He cares and he's passionate, but a little bit too much.

Still, if you're going to bag on the guy because of something that occurs on the field, do it after he dogs it on a single to the outfield and turns it into a single with a two base error.

You don't use him as a contrast to another player on the same team, especially if you've never even talked to him. It just smacked of going of your way to attack a player. Tell me, does Jose Guillen get the same treatment on their broadcast?

I do know he was injured for much of last year, so it might be best to tap the brakes on this conspiracy. IIRC, he never had a problem with Buddy Bell in Cleveland. It was Eric Wedge who he had an issue with and who had an issue with him.

And IIRC, Buddy managed in Kansas City last year.

They did dog him at the time. Apparently Milton wasn't watching TV Tuesday night. As far as the Bradley injury thing. He was playing just fine til he got traded, then he was "hurt" and then he was fine to be traded the next week. Bradley is just above Johnny Damon in the league of MLB players that are not going to get anything nice said about them in Kansas City. Maybe if Milton pulled his big boy pants up and played baseball, he wouldn't have to worry about people picking on him,.

colleyvillesooner
6/13/2008, 09:07 AM
As far as the Bradley injury thing. He was playing just fine til he got traded, then he was "hurt" and then he was fine to be traded the next week.

Not entirely true

He had played in 4 games in 2 months before he was "traded" to the Royals, they canceled the trade because of a injury in his last game as an Athletic, (which was the first one after his stint on the 15 DL). He was traded on Jun 28th to SD, and didn't play in a game for them until July 7th.

royalfan5
6/13/2008, 11:03 AM
Not entirely true

He had played in 4 games in 2 months before he was "traded" to the Royals, they canceled the trade because of a injury in his last game as an Athletic, (which was the first one after his stint on the 15 DL). He was traded on Jun 28th to SD, and didn't play in a game for them until July 7th.

Maybe, but Milton Bradley being a douchbag of the highest order is entirely true.

colleyvillesooner
6/13/2008, 11:05 AM
Maybe, but Milton Bradley being a douchbag of the highest order is entirely true.

Oh, I'm not debating that. :D