PDA

View Full Version : Josh Aladenoye, new commit 6-11-08

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/12/2008, 12:02 AM
Anybody know much about him-seen him play?

tommieharris91
6/12/2008, 12:14 AM
I can't wait to hear BBSr butcher this guy's name! I know nothing about him other than that though.

Curly Bill
6/12/2008, 01:04 AM
I know he's listed at 6'5" and 347...

...so he's a big ol' boy if nothing else.

Partial Qualifier
6/12/2008, 03:52 PM
From newsok.com:

By Mike Jeffries
Staff Writer
Josh Aladenoye said he always dreamed of being an Oklahoma Sooner.

So, consider it a dream come true.
Aladenoye, the No. 34-ranked offensive tackle by rivals.com, committed to Oklahoma Wednesday.
A senior from Mesquite, Texas, Aladenoye is the biggest kid in his school, topping off at 6-foot-5, 347 pounds.

"Coach (Bob) Stoops told me they were in need of offensive lineman because they were going to lose five of them,” Aladenoye said. "He offered me the scholarship, and I told him I was ready.”

Aladenoye attracted attention from many Division I programs, including national champion LSU, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech.

Mike Robinson, his high school coach, said it is a combination of size and athleticism that makes Aladenoye dominant.
"When you first eyeball the guy, you probably wouldn't guess that he can move like he can,” Robinson said. "He's just so big that you don't expect his feet move that fast. We had 60-75 schools in here over the last year, and they all commented on how athletic he is.”

Aladenoye attended OU's three-day camp for high school players over the weekend and said Stoops and other coaches were impressed with what they saw him do in drills.

Jeremy Crabtree of rivals.com said Aladenoye is a worthy addition to the Sooners' already impressive 2009 recruiting class.
"He's got lots of raw potential,” Crabtree said. "He's going to need to get into better shape, but that will come when he gets with OU's trainers. But he's got the ability to take a game over when he wants to.”

Crabtree said he was impressed with Aladenoye when he noticed him at April's Nike training camp in Fort Worth, Texas, where Aladenoye took home the offensive lineman MVP award.

Aladenoye said he chose OU based on tradition and the opportunity to win a championship.
"More than football, it's an opportunity to get an education from a great school like OU,” Aladenoye said. "That's important to me. Academics come first. But I'm going to work hard on the field too. My goal is to come in and compete for a spot right away.”

Robinson said OU was one of the first schools to send the offensive lineman a letter during his sophomore year, and ever since, Aladenoye has had his sights set on Oklahoma.

"He's the biggest kid in school,” Robinson said. "But he's also very humble. And he's got the ability to turn the switches. He's a guy you'd like your daughter to date, but he is not a nice young man when he gets on that football field. He's like two different kids in that sense, and that's what you need to be a great player.”

Aladenoye is Oklahoma's 14th commitment for the 2009 season, and the second offensive lineman after guard Tyler Evans committed Tuesday.
"Offensive lineman aren't going to make or break a recruiting class,” Crabtree said. "But they are going to help it a lot. What really helps are those linebackers. That was a position they really needed to fill. Gus Jones was a great pickup.

"Running back was another position they needed and they got Jonathan Miller. So, I think the class is shaping up to be a pretty good one. It will be interesting to see what happens with these guys.”

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/12/2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks, PQ. One of the services has him a three star, but the above write-up pumps him up better than that, IMO.

goingoneight
6/12/2008, 10:34 PM
Sam Bradshaw under Alanoyda, hands off to DeMarcus Moreland... no... wait... play-action, he throws it way up field for Jason Hannan and dropped... no wait!!! He might have caught it, it appears he's streaking down the sidelines untouched!!!

Bradford to Hanna touchdown, Bob.

Bradley's touchback to I believe the tight end takes quick advantage of the interception by Josh Ibeyonce and Jimmy Stardford knocks the extra point through.

:D

OU-HSV
6/14/2008, 09:01 AM
Anybody know much about him-seen him play?

Glad to see we landed an O-Lineman.
All I know about him is from reading his profile and watching that video. The video of that drill wasn't too impressive, but I'm sure he plays better than those couple of drill opportunities that video showed.