PDA

View Full Version : OU All-Heaven Team

stoopified
6/11/2008, 05:03 PM
After the recent deaths of Jack Mildren and Tom Catlin I thought it would be a nice tribute to those OU coaches and players who have passed on to name an All-Heaven Team.Since this is an All-Heaven TeamI am not going to divide into first or second string.
The honorees:
Coaches: Bennie Owen,Bud Wilkinson,Gomer Jones,Jim McKenzie,Wendell Mosley.

Players: Dee Andros - L,Jack Jacobs -QB-K-P-DB,Ed Gray -L,Waddy Young-E,Frankie Anderson -E,Jack Mildren -QB,Billy Vessels -B,George Thomas -B,Claude Reeds -B,Prentice Gautt -B,Bob Kalsu -L,Leon Heath -B,Tom Catlin -C,Derrick Shephard -WR,Rod Shoate -LB.

I'm sure there are many other great players and coaches who deserve to be on this list but this is all I came up with as I don't want to add any players whose status(alive or passed on) I am unsure of.Plese feel free to add those players and coaches of your choosing.

SoonerStats
6/11/2008, 08:58 PM
David Overstreet

goingoneight
6/11/2008, 09:02 PM
So will this All-Heaven team go down to hell and beat the horns this fall?

swardboy
6/11/2008, 10:05 PM

ZING!!!!!!!!!

Outopia
6/11/2008, 10:24 PM

The board bows to you for this.

Sooner Schemer
6/11/2008, 10:29 PM
CB Jerry Anderson

freshchris05
6/12/2008, 02:37 AM
^ not only a better football player than most but also a better man than most

Mad Dog Madsen
6/12/2008, 08:10 AM
Buddy Burris? He was a 3-Time All-American ya know.

stoopified
6/12/2008, 09:42 AM
I can't believe I forgot Overstreet and Anderson,yes they belong.Another name I forgot was Jim Weatherall.I believe Weatherall was OUr first OUtland winner.As for Buddy Burris and Kurt Burris for that matter I am unsure if they have passed on.

stoopified
6/12/2008, 09:47 AM
I checked and both Buddy and Kurt who were star lineman for Bud have passed on,so they are in too.

Yes I think this bunch will whip Royal's Devil Horns,oops,I'm soory Darrel is still alive,I guess Satan is STILL their coach.

soonerspudman
6/12/2008, 11:25 AM
Didn't know Rod Shoate was gone, what happened to him?

Mad Dog Madsen
6/12/2008, 12:51 PM
Didn't know Rod Shoate was gone, what happened to him?
He passed about 10 years ago I believe. I think he was sick but I may be wrong. Anybody else know?

Blitzkrieg
6/12/2008, 01:14 PM
One of them has to be in hell, statistically speaking.

Flagstaffsooner
6/12/2008, 01:23 PM
One of them has to be in hell, statistically speaking.Nope, playing for OU redeems you.

freshchris05
6/12/2008, 06:02 PM
You can wear all the burnt orange, bright orange, purple, yellow, green, black, blue, brown or any color you want and it still won't change the fact that you bleed crimson... don't try and fight it...

God loves the sooners...

SoonerRecon
6/13/2008, 12:14 AM
#43 Steve Aycock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AxulqVSWf0&feature=related

and won't DKR be playing QB for us?

stoopified
6/13/2008, 10:24 AM
You can wear all the burnt orange, bright orange, purple, yellow, green, black, blue, brown or any color you want and it still won't change the fact that you bleed crimson... don't try and fight it...

God loves the sooners...True dat.

According to the Oklahoman Kurt Burris finished 2nd in the 1954 Heisman race.