PDA

View Full Version : Worst Opponents EVARRR???

Pieces Hit
6/11/2008, 12:31 PM
Okay foosball trivia fans...

1. What OU opponent suffered the worst single-game defeat ever?

2. Which team (who played OU that year) - had the single worst season?

3. What's the most consecutive years a team has lost to OU and who was it?

Winner gets a green spek.

For extra points:

4. Which team has OU beaten the most?
(and whipping the team of little white horses don't count.)

Bone
6/11/2008, 12:37 PM
1. Texas A&M
2. OSU
3. 32 Kstate
4. OSU

badger
6/11/2008, 12:48 PM

Missouri, in 2007, when a second loss to OU meant losing a No. 1 ranking for the second time in the season, no Big 12 championship, no national championship, and no BCS bowl. Being relegated to Dallas in January at the age-old Cotton Bowl is the worst suffering one can go through after being on a high of No. 1 and title hopes after being the No. 2, your biggest rival in all of state history. Next...

North Texas and Utah State are equally bad and ESPN.com Bottom 10 regulars. It is up for debate as to whether it is worse to go into a game with a high school coach thinking you can win (Switzer said so himself that they played to win) or going into Norman to get a paycheck and no embarrassment. However, since Guy Moriss got fired, probably Baylor was at its worst and that's saying something for a team that is constantly at its worst. But... the REAL worst team would have to be Texas, who not only lost to OU, but also lost to Texas A&M when A&M had no business winning anything in a FIRE FRAN year. All the other teams expect to lose. Texas does not and for that reason, had its worst season comparatively. Next...

Texas has consistently lost all of its talent to the state of Oklahoma, but since we're going with teams, I would have to say OSU, because not only do they lose fan support each and every season to OU, but they also lose television coverage and all media mentions for that matter, merchandise sales, donation amounts and every other aspect to OU... and they've been losing since before Oklahoma became a state... but since we aren't going to count those pre-statehood years, your answer is OSU, and they have been losing since statehood, exactly 101 years to date. :D Neeeeeeexttttt...

That's not a question, but if it was, the answer would be... the Oklahoma Sooners, who are definitely THE winners against any challenge and THE answer to any and all questions... next?

For extra points:

(and whipping the team of little white horses don't count.)

Texas A&M, which has never lost, but merely ran out of time or got outscored. Therefore, they have beaten OU in every single meeting. However, the little white horses would definitely be the answer to this if not excluded, because we score a lot of touchdowns, man. A lot of touchdowns :D\

... ok, do I read that question incorrectly. I thought it was "which team has beaten OU the most?" Therefore, the answer is really OSU and for the same reasons as #3.

soonermix
6/11/2008, 12:50 PM
my guesses are
1. Kingfisher
2. kansas st
3. 21 osu
4. osu

stoopified
6/11/2008, 05:11 PM

For extra points:

(and whipping the team of little white horses don't count.)1.Kingfisher College who lost to OU 179-0 in 1917.
2. oSu went 0-10-1 under Pat Jones (in '92?)
3.KSU-36

Xtra points -osu 79 times(according to us,78 according to them.).

SoonerDood
6/11/2008, 05:28 PM
1. Kingfisher College
2. Tulsa
3. Kansas State- 32
4. Oklahoma's State

VA Sooner
6/11/2008, 08:52 PM
Kingfisher College in 1917? Damn... you guys are impressive! I need to go back and brush up on my Sooner Football history.

goingoneight
6/11/2008, 09:01 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with baj on this one.

soonerfan28
6/11/2008, 09:07 PM
A&M November 8 2003.
Surprisingly OU beating Kingfisher College 179-0 wasn't the biggest blowout ever. Georgia Tech beat Cumberland (TN) 222-0 on Oct 7 1916

Pieces Hit
6/12/2008, 08:22 AM
There seems to be some discrepancies among the brain trust elite.

More trivia that I'm unsure of:

Notre Dame has the record for losing the most consecutive bowl games: EIGHT.

NormanPride
6/12/2008, 09:38 AM
That one's still going, isn't it? Assuming they make a bowl this year...

badger
6/12/2008, 10:09 AM
Kingfisher College in 1917? Damn... you guys are impressive! I need to go back and brush up on my Sooner Football history.

Me not posting a picture of Fran giving his face here says that you peoples googled that answer :D

Therefore, we should post questions that can't necessarily be googled. AND DON'T TRY GOOGLING! THAT's CHEATING!

As long as we have another discussion on "Boo" Blake, let's discuss booing, shall we? In honor of "worst opponents EVARRRR" that deserve to be booed, hehe :D

1- A television dude came to a game a few years back as a guest of David Boren. He was introduced by the announcer... and booed loudly by the crowd. Who was this television dude that got booed?

2- In the wake of Oregon crap, a certain moment during the home games that followed in 2006 was always booed by the crowd. What did the ref say to the crowd that caused this booing?

3- When Washington visited us in 2006, ew had a fun ol' time booing one of their players... but not because he was doing anything wrong or anything right. It was all in his name. What was his boo-worthy name and why did we boo him?

4- In the Orange Bowl... no, that's too easy. We booed Ashlee Simpson at the Orange Bowl, because she sucked. Amusingly, the crowd announcer could not refer to her as an "American Idol" (like Kelly Clarkson) or a country music recording sensation like Trace Adkins. So... when they introduced boo boo Ashlee, how did the announcer refer to her after listing off Clarkson and Adkins first? Hint: The answer is one word before her name, just " _________ Ashlee Simpson." I remember it to this day because it didn't fit her at all and laughed when I heard it.

5- Boo sounds are not always bad. Name five OU football-related people that crowd would regularly make Boo-like sounds for... emphasis on the oooooooo?

Spek to the winnar...

Shaz-Bot
6/12/2008, 07:46 PM
1. Tom Brokaw. When I asked a guy behind me why he was booing, he said, "He 's the one that wouldn't let Toby Keith play on his 9/11 TV show. Plus, he's from Canadia" (you read that correctly, he actually said "Canadia") I'll never forget that.

2. The play is under review

3. ??

4. Juggy??

5. Rufus, Q, Choo Kennedy, John Woo and Dr. Drew?

tommieharris91
6/12/2008, 09:26 PM
3 = Taj Bomar I think is his name... His last name was definitely Bomar.

TMcGee86
6/12/2008, 09:51 PM
5. Luuuuuuuuuuucious Selmon?

goingoneight
6/12/2008, 09:58 PM
Goingoneight's survey:

1. Fill in the blank:
Texas __ __ __ __s.

2. What color makes Brian Bosworth "wanna puke?"

3. Four Sooners had a hand in three Florida State turnovers during the 2001 FedEx MNC game... name them.

4. What did Josh Heupel say to the Florida State media during the National Championship media day?

5. Whose "list" was Mike Stoops on following the 2000 National Championship?

6. John Blake smarted off prior to the 2006 BIG 12 Championship game he coached the Nebraska DL in. What did he say that Stoops posted on the locker room walls?

freshchris05
6/13/2008, 12:48 AM
1. Sucks
2. Burnt Orange
3. Marshall, Thatcher, Williams, Calmus
4. ?
5. Texas
6. Has Bob Stoops ever won a conference title with his own players

badger
6/13/2008, 11:23 AM
Goingoneight's survey:

4. What did Josh Heupel say to the Florida State media during the National Championship media day?

"Back in pee wee, I was known as 'Dr. Crusher,' because I hit a little too hard. They made me move to quarterback."

I have sent spek to teh winnarz :D