PDA

View Full Version : Medial Meniscus Tear

r5TPsooner
6/11/2008, 10:29 AM
Had an MRI done last Sunday and the results were a Medial Meniscus Tear in my right knee. It happened the day after playing my 1st round of golf since my back surgery a few months ago. I felt a "pop" and the pain never went away.

I meet with the Orthopedic surgeon next week but I have a feeling I already know what he's gonna say... SURGERY!

Anyone have any experience with this type of injury? I'm gonna try to play at least 9 holes on Sunday with the wife because it might be my last round of the ****ing year. It may hurt like hell but pain be damned.

I was really excited about moving back to Oklahoma after being gone so long but in just over a year I've ruptured a disk in my back, had a case of diverticulitis (that still bothers me today) and now this.

At least my family still has their health.

soonerbrat
6/11/2008, 10:38 AM
MCL's aren't as bad as ACL's

i think.

hurricane'bone
6/11/2008, 10:43 AM
You'll be back up in like 4-6 weeks if you follow your rehab. I had my knee scoped, for a meniscus tear & to clean out some scar tissue, 6 summers ago and was back to health by the time school started. It would get a little sore from time to time but I'd just put some ice on it and would go about my business.

Frozen Sooner
6/11/2008, 10:43 AM
I tore my meniscus during wrestling practice junior year. I was back at full strength about 3-4 weeks later. Note: it was a VERY minor tear.

Scott D
6/11/2008, 11:41 AM
[chris rock's dad]rub some tussin on it![/chris rock's dad]

In all seriousness, the MCL isn't as damaging as the ACL. Better to tear it than to strain it, if you gotta go under the knife it'll be minimally invasive, and you'll be back to the course in relatively no time. But ice will be your best friend for awhile :)

Frozen Sooner
6/11/2008, 11:47 AM
I may completely wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the MCL (medial collateral ligament) and the meniscus are two different things.

Scott D
6/11/2008, 11:48 AM
only slightly ;)

Tulsa_Fireman
6/11/2008, 11:48 AM
It's the meniscus, not the ligament, right?

Don't be a tough guy. Go get scoped. I had a meniscus tear my junior year in high school, went under the scope, they cut out the damage and got me back underway. 3-4 weeks tops, and only a week off my feet. And that was over fifteen years ago. Money says you're walking in a week. I was.

hurricane'bone
6/11/2008, 11:49 AM
I may compltely wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the MCL (medial collateral ligament) and the meniscus are two different things.

Oh they are. Two very different things.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/11/2008, 11:49 AM
http://www.bigkneepain.com/images/kneepict-copy.gif

Scott D
6/11/2008, 11:50 AM
pretty sure Chris Rock's dad would still recommend rubbing some tussin on it though.

soonerinabilene
6/11/2008, 11:51 AM
I tore my medial miniscus sophomore year of hs in spring training. Had it scoped. 3 weeks on the stair master and you are good to go. And Loritab is the sh*t.

Mongo
6/11/2008, 11:51 AM
had a dime sized piece come off my meniscus and float around the knee. got scoped, and three days later I was walking normally. just dont do anything physical, besides walking, for at least a week

mdklatt
6/11/2008, 12:06 PM
Rub some dirt on it.

soonerbrat
6/11/2008, 12:07 PM
yep, wasn't paying attention. sorry, i started the whole MCL thing.

mdklatt
6/11/2008, 12:13 PM
yep, wasn't paying attention. sorry, i started the whole MCL thing.

****. Good job. Now the whole damn thread is ruined. RUINED. :mad:

ADs_Agent
6/11/2008, 01:15 PM
Get a CPM unit, it'll speed up your recovery

Scott D
6/11/2008, 01:56 PM
Get a CPM unit, it'll speed up your recovery

I dunno, I heard Tussin cures everything ;)

StoopTroup
6/11/2008, 05:32 PM
A few days after surgery you'll even be able to experiment with some new moves while your listening to the Funky Cold Medina.