PDA

View Full Version : LACTATION ROOMS!

soonerbrat
6/11/2008, 09:01 AM
I found the perfect place to nap here at my office building. There used to be a little wet bar in the basement of the building with TV's around where people could go and sit and have lunch...well, they closed it in and made it into two lactation rooms...nice, quiet, private little rooms with recliners for lactating mothers to go and pump milk when they get the urge.

And for non lactating people to take naps. I'm thinking.

soonermix
6/11/2008, 09:03 AM
yeah we have some similar rooms here at my office building.
but the only way they said we could get in is pretty much be pregnant or about to die :(

yermom
6/11/2008, 09:05 AM
that WOULD be a nice place for a nap

Viking Kitten
6/11/2008, 09:05 AM
Damn woman. Naps on demand, two hour lunches, and no-working on Thursdays and Fridays. I must be in the wrong line of work.

soonerbrat
6/11/2008, 09:09 AM
oh check my other thread.

OUDoc
6/11/2008, 09:15 AM
Make sure you turn the pumps on so they aren't suspicious.

frankensooner
6/11/2008, 09:17 AM
shhhh, Brat doesn't like loud noises in the morning.

soonerbrat
6/11/2008, 09:17 AM
shhhh, Brat doesn't like loud noises in the morning.

that's our little secret.

sooneron
6/11/2008, 09:24 AM
I hear there are bewbs in them lactation rooms.

Hamhock
6/11/2008, 01:40 PM
Make sure you turn the pumps on so they aren't suspicious.

that's not a pump. :texan:

C&CDean
6/11/2008, 01:59 PM
Lactation rooms? In the spirit of equality, where in the hell is the ejaculation room? I'm filing a grievance.

soonerbrat
6/11/2008, 02:01 PM
Lactation rooms? In the spirit of equality, where in the hell is the ejaculation room? I'm filing a grievance.

i'm thinking it could be used for that too.

C&CDean
6/11/2008, 02:03 PM

Well all right then. In.

soonerbrat
6/11/2008, 02:03 PM
i mean, there IS a lock on the door.
it's in the basement, it's quiet.

mdklatt
6/11/2008, 02:24 PM

Do you have to bring your own pump?

soonerbrat
6/11/2008, 02:32 PM

well, that's up to you, big boy

VeeJay
6/11/2008, 07:23 PM
Curious: Could lactation and ejaculation occur simultaneously? I'm thinking yes, but I've never actually been involved in such a scenario.

It's been a long time since I've lactated.

Chuck Bao
6/11/2008, 07:44 PM
I'm thinking thank god and yes.

Women lactating should not be showing off their milk products in the office.

I know that it is important and timing is important and the little kiddo is important.

I just don't want to see women's milk products in my office. I do not want to see a breast pump as a standard feature on my secretary's office desk. Shouldn't it be in refrigerator or elsewhere?

VeeJay
6/11/2008, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't complain about any of the stuff you're complaining about.

Sometimes the wimmens realize this is natural and necessary and they leave it to you to deal with.

I say "Leave 'em alone."

Chuck Bao
6/11/2008, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't complain about any of the stuff you're complaining about.

Sometimes the wimmens realize this is natural and necessary and they leave it to you to deal with.

I say "Leave 'em alone."

Yes, but it is not a "show and tell" situation. I don't think I am the only one feeling really uncomfortable. So, I like the idea of lactation rooms.

For the record, I do not have a problem with women discretely breast feeding in public.

But I am opposed to women walking around with their breast milk all around the office and then leaving it on their desk. It belongs in the office refrigerator. Or, at least in a paper, plastic, silk bag or something.

This particular secretary of mine, I think, had a thing about showing off her breast milk.

You may not agree. I still do not think that is appropriate because I'm not the only guy that was left wondering why we had to see Lucy milk everytime we saw Lucy.

VeeJay
6/11/2008, 09:46 PM
Well, if they're show-boatin' it, I guess there's a time and place for everything.

It sounds like your experience was with the showboaters. I'd just say "Please take care of your child, but if at all possible, please be more discreet. If you need more privacy, we can help you with that."

Something along those lines. Then, give her an Outback gift card or something.

Chuck Bao
6/11/2008, 10:41 PM
Outback gift card. Okay, I think all of the guys in the office will all pitch in for that.

But, I'm not giving that speech.

I love Lucy (that's her real English language nickname) and she has the real big bewbs for the first time with that motherly thing going on and she's show-boatin' her breast milk, when it should be in the fridge in a plastic bag.

I'm not man enough to tell her how to deal with her breast milk. I'm just not.

bluedogok
6/11/2008, 10:45 PM
How about McDonalds? There was one that was feeding away in McD's the other day. She seemed a bit young for the Hippie Hollow crowd today but I could see her there in 20 or so years.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/11/2008, 11:06 PM
I went to a birthday party the other night. This woman brought her baby and just plopped her boob out in front of everyone when it was time to feed her. While I think breastfeeding is very natural, I really don't want to see some woman's teat while I'm eating birthday cake.

Curly Bill
6/12/2008, 01:05 AM
I went to a birthday party the other night. This woman brought her baby and just plopped her boob out in front of everyone when it was time to feed her. While I think breastfeeding is very natural, I really don't want to see some woman's teat while I'm eating birthday cake.

Milk and cake? Sounds like a good combo to me. :D

SoonerInKCMO
6/12/2008, 07:43 AM
I really don't want to see some woman's teat while I'm eating birthday cake.

See, this is how you and I are different.

Seriously though, it is a little awkward the first time or two it happens. I remember at a company picnic a few years ago when a co-worker's wife and I were talking (I'd just met her that day) and she suddenly whipped one out and stuck it in the kid's face. I was a little taken aback.

John Kochtoston
6/12/2008, 08:08 AM
http://www.abovethelaw.com/images/entries/Donald%20Thompson%20Judge%20penis%20pump%20Above%2 0the%20Law.JPG
^^^^^^
He's not using his at work anymore. Perhaps a sale/trade is in order?

nmsoonergirl
6/12/2008, 08:28 AM
Chuck,
Breast milk shouldn't be stored for more than 4 hours at room temperature, so if she's leaving it on her desk for longer than that, you could approach it from the "I'm worried that you may be letting your breast milk go bad and I don't want your baby to be sick angle"

stoopified
6/12/2008, 08:54 AM
Pics?

Hamhock
6/12/2008, 10:12 AM
Outback gift card. Okay, I think all of the guys in the office will all pitch in for that.

But, I'm not giving that speech.

I love Lucy (that's her real English language nickname) and she has the real big bewbs for the first time with that motherly thing going on and she's show-boatin' her breast milk, when it should be in the fridge in a plastic bag.

I'm not man enough to tell her how to deal with her breast milk. I'm just not.

just walk in, hurried, and out of breath. grab the milk and chug it. put the empty container down and say "man, i was thirsty, thanks!".

that'll fix it.

soonerbrat
6/12/2008, 10:35 AM
or put it in your coffee

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/12/2008, 10:45 PM
See, this is how you and I are different.

Seriously though, it is a little awkward the first time or two it happens. I remember at a company picnic a few years ago when a co-worker's wife and I were talking (I'd just met her that day) and she suddenly whipped one out and stuck it in the kid's face. I was a little taken aback.You do not want to see this woman's teat. Plus, she only likes teh womyn.

soonerbrat
6/12/2008, 11:26 PM
You do not want to see this woman's teat. Plus, she only likes teh womyn.

then how did she get a baby?

mdklatt
6/12/2008, 11:29 PM
then how did she get a baby?

http://www.learningthings.us/acatalog/ist2_1078991_turkey_baster.jpg

Okay, who didn't see that coming? Come on, be honest. n00bs.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/12/2008, 11:32 PM
then how did she get a baby?I don't know if it was with a turkey baster or if some dude helped her out the old fashioned way. I don't really want to know details.

She and the other mom seem to be good parents though.

mdklatt
6/12/2008, 11:35 PM
or if some dude helped her out the old fashioned way

Drunken one-night stand who fell off the face of the earth once he found out she was late?

:D

Curly Bill
6/12/2008, 11:51 PM
I don't know if it was with a turkey baster or if some dude helped her out the old fashioned way. I don't really want to know details.

She and the other mom seem to be good parents though.

I have a cousin that went the turkey baster route (I think), and yeah they seem like good parents as well.