PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Hooters

SoonerInKCMO
6/10/2008, 10:42 PM
I only go to this place about once a year, if that often... and then just because I get some wild hair or something. So, I don't really know much about their workforce composition over the years... but... they sure got some big damn wimmins working there now... is that normal?? :confused:

sooneron
6/10/2008, 10:47 PM
Last time I was there (1997), yes.

Curly Bill
6/10/2008, 11:31 PM
I think it depends on the Hooters in question. I've been in a few that were pretty awesome, and one or two that were teh suc.

...and by suc, I mean relatively speaking. :D

SteelClip49
6/10/2008, 11:44 PM
I was at Hooter's tonight on NW Expressway for Tuesday trivia and most of the girls there look like 18-20 years old....not as appealing.

StoopTroup
6/11/2008, 05:16 AM
Still...they haven't been forced to allow men in hot pants to work there yet.

Once that happens...the Texas Hooter's business will start booming again.

SoonerJack
6/11/2008, 07:50 AM
Still...they haven't been forced to allow men in hot pants to work there yet.

Once that happens...the Texas Hooter's business will start booming again.
:D lol

soonerboomer93
6/11/2008, 10:21 AM
i have no complaints when i've been to them about who was serving me

had some real cuties in shang hai

frankensooner
6/11/2008, 10:44 AM
I've never been to a Hooters.

Frozen Sooner
6/11/2008, 10:45 AM
I've never been to a Hooters.

You're not missing much.

JohnnyMack
6/11/2008, 10:53 AM
Hooters wings are good (not great) if you get the hottest ones and get to them when they're really fresh.

SoonerInKCMO
6/11/2008, 10:59 AM
My wings were not fresh; nor were they very hot. My beer glass sat empty for three or four minutes before the waitress asked if I wanted more. Fail.

Viking Kitten
6/11/2008, 11:03 AM
Oh! Look who finally woke up from his drinking binge!

soonerboomer93
6/11/2008, 11:03 AM
the naked wings are better

i've never had a beer run empty at their either...

SoonerInKCMO
6/11/2008, 11:04 AM
What are you talking about, drunky?? I've been awake since 6:00. Some of us can handle our liquor. :D

badger
6/11/2008, 11:07 AM
I've never really been to one - just when I needed to talk to management about an unrelated matter to the Hooters environment and all.

No, this was not a job application, because we've all read this (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0915051hooters1.html)and decided that this was the worst place to work in the world.

SoonerInKCMO
6/11/2008, 11:10 AM
I can think of plenty of worse work environments. :rolleyes:

soonermix
6/11/2008, 11:14 AM
the wings are decent sometimes but the lack of hotties make the wings at bww that much better

sooner_born_1960
6/11/2008, 11:19 AM
No, this was not a job application, because we've all read this (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0915051hooters1.html)and decided that this was the worst place to work in the world.
OK. I read the whole handbook. What makes it such a bad place to work?

Viking Kitten
6/11/2008, 11:34 AM
I do have to wonder about their obsession with suntan pantyhose.

badger
6/11/2008, 12:13 PM
OK. I read the whole handbook. What makes it such a bad place to work?

Read the last page again - I'll give you one key word to look out for: inuendo.

Bone
6/11/2008, 12:17 PM
Did someone ever open a "Peckers"? You know it's the natural progression.

SoonerInKCMO
6/11/2008, 12:26 PM
Read the last page again - I'll give you one key word to look out for: inuendo.

Are you joking? Innuendo is what makes it the worst place in the world to work?

sooner_born_1960
6/11/2008, 12:32 PM
I don't ge tit.

SoonerInKCMO
6/11/2008, 12:53 PM
I don't ge tit.

Badger read this post at work and now she's quit her job from the trauma. :(

Taxman71
6/11/2008, 01:10 PM

I thought it was "Woodies"?

soonerbrat
6/11/2008, 01:42 PM
i couldn't wait tables with my hair down like that.

soonerbrat
6/11/2008, 01:51 PM
that girl in the picture has her midriff showing. that's against the rules.

badger
6/11/2008, 01:58 PM
Badger read this post at work and now she's quit her job from the trauma. :(

zzzz. you probably think a girl would enjoy such attention, right? you probably think that a girl would love to do nothing but smile for hours while desperate old perverts stare, laugh and poke. you probably think that the money justifies anything such an environment would entail.

well, if you are a father... or children... it is something that would result in your knocking a bunch of guys the efff out if they treated your daughter that way.

The people who disagree... that person must be without child.[hairGel]

SoonerInKCMO
6/11/2008, 02:10 PM
zzzz. you probably think a girl would enjoy such attention, right? you probably think that a girl would love to do nothing but smile for hours while desperate old perverts stare, laugh and poke. you probably think that the money justifies anything such an environment would entail.

No, you uptight twit - I think that your statement that it's the "worst place to work in the world" was an idiotic bit of hyperbole deserving of ridicule.

C&CDean
6/11/2008, 02:12 PM
No, you uptight twit - I think that your statement that it's the "worst place to work in the world" was an idiotic bit of hyperbole deserving of ridicule.

Careful Mr. Fancypants. You're messing with a Packer sister.

Viking Kitten
6/11/2008, 02:14 PM
Oh. I thought Badger meant "in u end. OH!"

C&CDean
6/11/2008, 02:17 PM
I didn't read the job description, but I think any guy who goes to Hooters to look at the chicks needs an examination. Aggie orange shorts with 60-grit nylons? That just ain't sexy.

JohnnyMack
6/11/2008, 02:18 PM
That ain't what you tolt me and 1tc.

See if I fall for your "please stay after the tailgate and help me clean up" line again.

SoonerInKCMO
6/11/2008, 02:19 PM
They're more of a Tennessee orange.

mdklatt
6/11/2008, 02:19 PM
That ain't what you tolt me and 1tc.

See if I fall for your "please stay after the tailgate and help me clean up" line again.

:dean: I was drunk, it was late....

JohnnyMack
6/11/2008, 02:20 PM
Dear SoonerSpectator,

I never thought this would happen to me...

C&CDean
6/11/2008, 02:20 PM
:dean: I was drunk, it was late....

and bof a you boys got purdy moufs...

badger
6/11/2008, 02:31 PM
The "worst place in the world" comment was an exaggeration, I'll give you that, because we all know that exaggerations have absolutely no place on message boards, especially the polite, fair and balanced civil discussion of the South Oval. Hail, South Oval, mighty message board of civility. May your cordial and welcoming atmosphere always reign high over all well mannered frivolity.

JohnnyMack
6/11/2008, 02:33 PM
**** off, dip ****

badger
6/11/2008, 02:36 PM
:rolleyes:

JOKING!

frankensooner
6/11/2008, 03:06 PM
We should have a pole of the worst places to work. I think a rendering plant or a sewage treatment center would be up there, although I heard the girls at Miss Kitty's Saloon were never too happy with management.

Fraggle145
6/11/2008, 05:35 PM
Every time I go to Hooters I get the troglodyte they are hiding in the back... I get seated, usually the hottest chick in the place takes my drink order, and then BAM up comes the trog.

This is a proven fact. It has happened in every Hooters I have been to in any state.

The last time it was in Tampa, FL... I was at a conference and I went in and sat at the bar and was having a drink with my friend, scoping it out to decide if we could eat there, basically I was looking to see if there were any trogs. I dont see any in the whole place, so we go get seated. This real amzing blonde who took the drink order, and then the girl who came back with the beers had which black hair, breasts down to her orange shorts that were pretending to cover her gross cottage cheese thighs. Her face looked like the moon with eyeballs stuck on it and she had bad teeth. I nearly vomited, I had been at the bar for an hour and didnt see her at anytime before this. :mad: We ate and left. I went most of the dinner without a drink because I didnt want to stay there longer than i had to. The memory makes me nauseous.

SoonerInKCMO
6/11/2008, 05:53 PM
Note to self: Don't take Fraggle out bar hopping; he's bad juju. ;)

Fraggle145
6/11/2008, 09:45 PM
Note to self: Don't take Fraggle out bar hopping; he's bad juju. ;)

heh :P I seem to do alright most everywhere else, cept the places where the girls are supplied for ya ;)

crawfish
6/12/2008, 07:38 AM
Two words: Bone Daddy's.

The food is even excellent.

soonerinabilene
6/12/2008, 08:22 AM
We should have a pole of the worst places to work. I think a rendering plant or a sewage treatment center would be up there, although I heard the girls at Miss Kitty's Saloon were never too happy with management.

Crack Whore would win, I think.

Taxman71
6/12/2008, 08:52 AM
Every time I go to Hooters I get the troglodyte they are hiding in the back... I get seated, usually the hottest chick in the place takes my drink order, and then BAM up comes the trog.

This is a proven fact. It has happened in every Hooters I have been to in any state.

The last time it was in Tampa, FL... I was at a conference and I went in and sat at the bar and was having a drink with my friend, scoping it out to decide if we could eat there, basically I was looking to see if there were any trogs. I dont see any in the whole place, so we go get seated. This real amzing blonde who took the drink order, and then the girl who came back with the beers had which black hair, breasts down to her orange shorts that were pretending to cover her gross cottage cheese thighs. Her face looked like the moon with eyeballs stuck on it and she had bad teeth. I nearly vomited, I had been at the bar for an hour and didnt see her at anytime before this. :mad: We ate and left. I went most of the dinner without a drink because I didnt want to stay there longer than i had to. The memory makes me nauseous.

Maybe the waitress was needing a slumpbuster.

Oldnslo
6/12/2008, 10:02 AM

Dad brought me back a drink coozie from Peckers at Lake of the Ozarks. The logo looks like a kinda-sorta Woodie Woodpecker. surprise.

Hamhock
6/12/2008, 10:08 AM
The "worst place in the world" comment was an exaggeration, I'll give you that, because we all know that exaggerations have absolutely no place on message boards, especially the polite, fair and balanced civil discussion of the South Oval. Hail, South Oval, mighty message board of civility. May your cordial and welcoming atmosphere always reign high over all well mannered frivolity.

geez...you're grumpy.