PDA

View Full Version : Good for Dan Boren...

OklahomaTuba
6/10/2008, 11:59 AM
Dan Boren won't endorse Obama

WASHINGTON -- U.S. Rep. Dan Boren, D-Okla., said Tuesday he will not endorse Barack Obama for president.

"I still remain very concerned about the (Obama) voting record being the most liberal of the United States Senate,’’ said Boren, a superdelegate to this summer’s national Democratic convention in Denver.

He expressed support for what he described as a "centrist” agenda, adding his party’s presumptive nominee’s record does not reflect that approach.

"Having said that, I am voting for Democrats this year,’’ Boren said.

“I think it is very important that we have a change of direction in this country because we cannot afford the policies of George Bush to keep moving.’’

He said the nation’s economy is in a terrible state with a housing crisis and record level gas prices, and the country has a foreign policy that is not well thought out.http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080610_1__WASHI08203

sooner_born_1960
6/10/2008, 12:04 PM
Great. He's one of those that blame the housing crisis and high oil prices on the President.

swardboy
6/10/2008, 12:13 PM
So I'm confused, is he voting for Obama or not?

Tulsa_Fireman
6/10/2008, 12:20 PM
It's like, "I'm gonna hold my nose when I do it, but by cracky, I'm gonna do it."

Put your vote where your fence-riding, pandering to the red state electorate mouth is, Danny-boy.

Boomer.....
6/10/2008, 12:26 PM
So I'm confused, is he voting for Obama or not?

I guess he is voting for Obama but not supporting him.

SoonerInKCMO
6/10/2008, 12:27 PM
Put your vote where your fence-riding, pandering to the red state electorate mouth is, Danny-boy.

That's what I thought of too when the article quoted Boren as being concerned about how liberal Obama's record is rather than him mentioning specific positions Obama has and why he disagreed with those positions.

soonerinabilene
6/10/2008, 12:35 PM
He said the nation’s economy is in a terrible state with a housing crisis and record level gas prices, and the country has a foreign policy that is not well thought out.

What an insightful, thought provoking, original statement.

SoonerInKCMO
6/10/2008, 12:37 PM
Great. He's one of those that blame the housing crisis and high oil prices on the President.

It's like, "I'm gonna hold my nose when I do it, but by cracky, I'm gonna do it."

That's what I thought of too when the article quoted Boren as being concerned about how liberal Obama's record is rather than him mentioning specific positions Obama has and why he disagreed with those positions.

What an insightful, thought provoking, original statement.

We sure are some cynics up in here. ;)

badger
6/10/2008, 12:42 PM
Obligatory "Dan Boren is racist because he does not support a black presidential candidate, Dan Boren is not forward thinking because he does not support a black presidential candidate, Dan Boren is a tired old crusty white guy that can't relate to our new, young hip black presidential candidate."

Did I miss any? :rolleyes:

Oklahoma needs Dan Boren, because he allows us to have a voice in the event of a Democratic Congress (which is what we have right now).

However, Oklahoma does not see things that way. Rather, they see REPUBLICAN or DEMOCRAT on the ballot, which will lead to a potential vote-out each and every time he's up for election, which is every two years.

It's an election year, so Boren needs to lean more toward his OKLAHOMA than his DEMOCRAT, so that's exactly what he's doing. After November, he'll be back to begging for federal money for us from his fellow blues in no time.

So, before you go critical on Boren, remember that he is part of a house of pork, where having natural disasters no longer automatically qualifies you for federal money. You need connections to get your bills heard, no matter how important they are. The rest of the country does not care how dangerous Oklahoma's infrastructure is, much like they did not care when New Orleans lost its bridge and Alaska didn't need a bridge. It was all about the connections that determined where the federal money went.

Forgive me for my political tangent, but we have a perfect blend of pork fighting and pork barrelling that no other state can boast. West Virginia? All pork (as can be seen by the numerous statues to Senator "Barbaric!" Byrd). Hawaii? No pork. Alaska? All pork (Bridge to Nowhere!). Louisiana? No pork. New York? All pork (Woodstock Museum?!?! wtf...).

Oklahoma is half pork, half not. Where else can you combine Inhofe fighting for billions of road funding with Coburn fighitng pet projects of Congress every step of the way? Where else can you have Boren working with Democratic colleagues while working alongside Oklahoma Republicans in the same breath?

There is only one Oklahoma :)

King Crimson
6/10/2008, 12:49 PM
Hillary won a pretty decisive victory in the OK primary...close to, if not among her largest % wins. it makes sense that if Boren wants a local political career that's more than just an uncertain ride on the Obama train....he'd pay attention to that.

picasso
6/10/2008, 01:09 PM
Hillary won a pretty decisive victory in the OK primary...close to, if not among her largest % wins. it makes sense that if Boren wants a local political career that's more than just an uncertain ride on the Obama train....he'd pay attention to that.

but our Governor dinnt.

King Crimson
6/10/2008, 01:21 PM
but our Governor dinnt.

true.

JohnnyMack
6/10/2008, 01:27 PM
but our Governor dinnt.

Term. Limits.

Fugue
6/10/2008, 01:32 PM
mmmmmmmmmm pork

:oink:

Taxman71
6/10/2008, 01:42 PM
Hence the quagmire of being a democrat in a socially conservative state like Oklahoma. Oklahoma democrats are considered republicans everywhere else.

Scott D
6/10/2008, 02:36 PM
but our Governor dinnt.

not like he can run for Governor again in 2010 anyway.