PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of any bigtime recruits

Big Red Ron
6/9/2008, 10:34 PM
coming in on the baseball team next year. I saw we had a SS get drafted in the second round of the MLB draft. I'm guessing he'll take the money.

Did we lose anyone from the team, I mean drafted?

Do we get our pitcher back that we lost before this year? Was it Porlier?

Are we looking like a Big XII contender next year?

Eielson
6/10/2008, 12:33 AM
We have basically everybody coming back. Gosse and Davis are the only everyday starters that are seniors. Basically all of their pitchers are coming back. McCarter was a senior.

SOONER STEAKER
6/10/2008, 06:51 PM
I would think some of our pitchers will be let out of there scholly's. I won't name names but a couple just don't have the talent to win for the team.

Eielson
6/11/2008, 12:22 AM
I would think some of our pitchers will be let out of there scholly's. I won't name names but a couple just don't have the talent to win for the team.

If that is the case then it wasn't much of a loss anyway.

badger
6/11/2008, 04:31 PM
bigtime recruits turn pro. it's what distinguishes baseball from other kolage spertz

Civicus_Sooner
6/12/2008, 08:47 PM
Okay, what about big time for college bound recruits? ;)

Anyone think this HS to MLB deal has killed college baseball?

Eielson
6/13/2008, 01:30 AM
Anyone think this HS to MLB deal has killed college baseball?

From the little I've seen, college baseball has killed college baseball. I guess there is a rule where if you go to play college baseball you can't go pro until after your Junior season. Only the studs get half scholarships, you only 11.7 scholarships for the whole team. If I had the option of going pro, getting paid, and getting into the MLB earlier or going to class for three years, possibly getting hurt, have to pay for school those years, and get into the MLB later I think I would have to go with the first option, too.