PDA

View Full Version : Hansen to retire after 26 years as Pac-10 commissioner

JLEW1818
6/9/2008, 07:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3434062

Could this lead to a plus 1? maybe a 8 team tourney??

Sooner_Havok
6/9/2008, 07:51 PM
Big Televen still hates teh idear

sooneron
6/9/2008, 07:53 PM
They'll just find someone more inept. Watch...

tulsaoilerfan
6/9/2008, 08:13 PM
They'll just find someone more inept. Watch...

They will probably hire Gordon Riese; u can't get much more inept than that. :D

JLEW1818
6/9/2008, 08:16 PM
I wish Cali would fall into the pacific.

soonerhubs
6/9/2008, 09:18 PM
I wish Cali would fall into the pacific.

Now Now... I have lots of friends in that state.

Big Red Ron
6/9/2008, 09:20 PM
I wish Cali would fall into the pacific.Hey, half my family is there. It's not nearly as bad as the east coast.

goingoneight
6/9/2008, 11:26 PM
This thread makes me sad in my pants... I thought Dale Hansen was finally hanging his overrated career up. :( Then I read beyond "Hansen."

KingBarry
6/10/2008, 02:39 AM
More likely than a playoff, will this guy's retirement mean that we get some reform of game officiating in the Pac 10?

Aren't conference front-office guys, though, usually more like facilitators and concensus takers than independent powers?

No offense to any conference officials who might be reading here, but don't universities really call the shots?

Meaning, sadly, that the Pac-10 will keep their Gordon Riese's in their boxes.

Theskipster
6/10/2008, 08:06 AM
Meaning, sadly, that the Pac-10 will keep their Gordon Riese's in their boxes.

Don't forget Dave Cutuaia (head ref of the OU / UO game) was promoted to Coordinator of Officiating last year!

IronHorseSooner
6/10/2008, 11:03 AM
Don't forget Dave Cutuaia (head ref of the OU / UO game) was promoted to Coordinator of Officiating last year!

Was it also true that he was a former schoolmate of Coach Belotti, or was that an urban legend? If so, it makes the PAC-10 look about as legitimate as a Chicago election.

Theskipster
6/10/2008, 11:26 AM
Yes they were. Cutaia was also a team trainer on the football team that Belloti was a player.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/10/2008, 11:29 AM
http://www.netusa1.net/~pater/pictures/jpeg/hanson16.jpg

But they were so YOUNG!

badger
6/10/2008, 12:28 PM
Dude, where have you been? The mmBOPers are all grow'd up:
http://tnjn.com/content/storyimage/2007/08/29/Hanson.512.jpg

Oh and the Pac-10 sucks.

SEC: Playoff sounds like a feasible way to prove who is the greatest.
Big 12: I agree.
ACC: Sounds good!
Big East: Sounds fun!
Big 10: Ummm... well we kind of have the Rose Bowl that we love, but we'd be willing to try it out, I guess...
Pac-10: WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!! We decline! We refuse! We have a Rose Bowl and we think all of your ideas are dumb! Conference champion games are for weenie conferences! ROSE BOWL ROSE BOWL ROSE BOWL!

:rolleyes:

Quack 10
6/10/2008, 12:52 PM
You guys are absolutely hilarious. Almost two years later and you're still weeping, and at the same time calling the Pac-10 "whiners."

I love it! I hope Toby Keith is still mad, too.

Losing Hansen is a big bonus. We'd like to improve the officiating, too, and the bowl arrangements, and the TV contracts, so it's a good thing.

Meanwhile, keep on crying.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2163/img0619gj3.jpg

badger
6/10/2008, 01:06 PM
You guys are absolutely hilarious. Almost two years later and you're still weeping, and at the same time calling the Pac-10 "whiners."

Losing Hansen is a big bonus. We'd like to improve the officiating, too, and the bowl arrangements, and the TV contracts, so it's a good thing.

Well, well, if it isn't resident DUCK.

We really aren't that different, resident duck.

First of all, you had your most recent Heisman hopes dashed by a devastating injury, just like us. The fact that the injury was an ACL makes the ties even more OU-like.

Next, your championship hopes were dashed by a lousy conference opponent. That conference opponent was coached by a... Coach Stoops? Wow, that sounds awfully OU-like too!

Finally, we have a common foe this coming year in your rival, the University of Washington. We really don't like them much, not because of the game, which of course we'll win, but because of the residents of Seattle. See, they think that Oklahoma's backwards and that we can't support an NBA team like their awesomely huge market can (and their awesomely huge 28th-ranked attendance can). So, we almost don't like them as much as you, but just temporarily.

You see, resident duck, we aren't that different. We both think our losses to each other shouldn't count, but need we remind you that the NCAA reinstated our 2005 season wins, so that Holiday Bowl is still ours, even if our MVP that game is no longer with us.

And yes, your conference is a bunch of whiners. Have you heard the story of the Pac 10 refs at the OU-Washington series? Washington did the right thing by agreeing to the conference away team refs in both games. The Pac-10 conference itself refused.

It isn't you we're angry at - it's your conference. Don't confuse the two. As I said, we're actually a lot alike... aside from the number of championships, national award winners and Hall of Famers, you wouldn't be able to tell OU and UO apart!

:D

cheezyq
6/10/2008, 01:15 PM

How big of a loser are you that you have to troll so long after the fact? Funny thing is we were making fun of Pac-10 officiating in general, and you're so sensitive over that joke of a game that you feel you have to defend it.

It's sad that you're proud of that game. I'd be embarrassed if I were you. But then again, when your mascot is a friggin' duck, your team's NEVER won a national championship, and your colors look like a 2-year old shat crayon, you've got more embarrassing things to worry about.

Go away troll. No one invited you.

freshchris05
6/10/2008, 01:21 PM
actually oregon is alot more like osu... rich alumnus that foots the bill, bright disgusting colors, mediocrity, trolls on an OU forum... almost identical...

i love the offseason...

badger
6/10/2008, 01:34 PM
actually oregon is alot more like osu... rich alumnus that foots the bill, bright disgusting colors, mediocrity, trolls on an OU forum... almost identical...

i love the offseason...

Yeah, I've argued that before in picture form on here. However, for the sake of humoring Quack, I decided to point out the smaller, less significant similiarities between us, rather than the glaring diffences that make them more like OSU. I would say even more than the donor that has control over the entire university and its future, another big similarity is the prominence of an obscure sport. OSU has wrestling, while UO has track and field.

Quack 10
6/10/2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I've argued that before in picture form on here. However, for the sake of humoring Quack, I decided to point out the smaller, less significant similiarities between us, rather than the glaring diffences that make them more like OSU. I would say even more than the donor that has control over the entire university and its future, another big similarity is the prominence of an obscure sport. OSU has wrestling, while UO has track and field.

Actually I've visited this forum off and on ever since the weeks preceding Oregon's '04 visit to Norman, and I'm certainly not trolling. I just thought it was funny that I drop over for the first time in many months and there's yet another "Autzen Travesty" post.

I'm neither defending the outcome of the game nor arguing the incompetence of the officiating. I'm just amazed that it still stings you so bad, but I suppose that's why Oklahoma wins championships in football: passion.

By the way, Oregon also has a hellya men's cross country team.

badger
6/10/2008, 02:18 PM
Actually I've visited this forum off and on ever since the weeks preceding Oregon's '04 visit to Norman, and I'm certainly not trolling. I just thought it was funny that I drop over for the first time in many months and there's yet another "Autzen Travesty" post.

I'm neither defending the outcome of the game nor arguing the incompetence of the officiating. I'm just amazed that it still stings you so bad, but I suppose that's why Oklahoma wins championships in football: passion.

By the way, Oregon also has a hellya men's cross country team.

Here is the thread from way back when:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110603

It is the picture-form story of UO and OSU. Enjoy.

Oh, and yes we are passionate about Oklahoma football. It's the crowned jewel, the cash cow and the goose that lays golden eggs all rolled into one. Some might say Oklahoma football, you know, the haters out there, is as ugly as the Fiesta Bowl trophy, but wow is that trophy filled with bling! :D

Yes, we know you have a kickarse Cross Country program. Your former coach is now our coach. You know, Martin Smith? The coach Phil Knight didn't like and cut track funding because of him? Read the linked thread for more info...

:gary:

Quack 10
6/10/2008, 03:04 PM

Here is the thread from way back when:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110603

It is the picture-form story of UO and OSU. Enjoy.

Oh, and yes we are passionate about Oklahoma football. It's the crowned jewel, the cash cow and the goose that lays golden eggs all rolled into one. Some might say Oklahoma football, you know, the haters out there, is as ugly as the Fiesta Bowl trophy, but wow is that trophy filled with bling! :D

Yes, we know you have a kickarse Cross Country program. Your former coach is now our coach. You know, Martin Smith? The coach Phil Knight didn't like and cut track funding because of him? Read the linked thread for more info...

:gary:

Thanks, that was pretty entertaining, if lacking in any real substance.

Actually no, I didn't know the Sooners had hired Martin Smith, who Knight wasn't fond of mostly because the guy did nothing to move the program forward. Knight, however, did not "cut" track funding; that's just plain wrong. Donations to the athletic fund are not "earmarked" by the donors, and since the athletic department is self-sufficient, the track and field program hasn't suffered any cuts.

The "myth" of Knight's "owning" of Oregon is just that ... a myth. He donated roughly $52 million for the new library and law center, $8 million for the Moshofsky Center, $40 million for the stadiujm expansion, and has committed to about $100 million for the new basketball arena.

That's about $150 million in athletic donations to UO, and he has also donated $105 million to Stanford's Graduate School of Business. So I guess he owns the Trees, too?

badger
6/10/2008, 03:39 PM
As a resident ranter, I know that some people use pure emotion and made up stuff in their regular postings to make things funny and easier to read. I, however, like to support such outlandish statements with sources. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2285500)

Stated clearly in this ESPN article, Phil Knight cut his funding to track because of Martin Smith, forcing Smith to resign and move on to Oklahoma.

I know what you're thinking: "Badger, you know ESPN makes crap up. Remember when they had Herbie say that Lester was going to coach Michigan?" And so, it would be useful to have another source back this info up, now wouldn't it?

Here's another source. Knight cut track funding in 2004. (http://media.www.dailyemerald.com/media/storage/paper859/news/2006/11/28/Sports/Moos-Explains.His.Departure-2509963.shtml)

Now, is there any other explanation for a coach with the resume and success that Martin Smith had in this career (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/c-track/mtt/smith_martin00.html) to leave Oregon? Heh, no probably not.

I would be happy to continue this argument in non-business hours, because I definitely dispute several of your other claims :)

Quack 10
6/10/2008, 05:57 PM
I'm sorry to say that both you and ESPN are reading things between the lines that aren't there. I don't claim that Phil hasn't cut his donations on several occasions because of disputes with the administration, and he did temporarily turn off the tap over the track situation. That isn't the same as writing that he "cut off funding for track." He didn't; he cut off his donations to the general athletic fund.

What ESPN wrote:

"So, in the showdown leading up to the coach's exit and eventual shuffle to the University of Oklahoma, Knight cut off his financial support to the track squad."

No, he temporarily cut off his financial support of the athletic department. He didn't specifically stop funding track and field, as suggested.

The ESPN writer himself admits as much:

"Although none of Knight's money has gone directly into Oregon's daily operating budget, the university now ranks among only a handful Division I-A athletic departments that are self-sufficient in operating without any university support."

You see, NONE of Knight's money goes directly into the daily operating budgets for any specific sport.

And this line from the Emerald:

"Moos and Knight have publicly disagreed with each other in the past, most notably with regards to the track and field program under Martin Smith in 2004, when Knight temporarily halted financial support."

Again, that doesn't say that he specifically stopped funding Track & Field. He didn't, he just stopped donating to the Duck Athletic Fund. It may be a hair-splitting difference, but it's significant. He stopped funding water polo, lacrosse and every other sport, not just T&F.

47straight
6/10/2008, 07:03 PM
So tell us, oh poster-of-the-Aflac, why then did he cut off funding to the whole department?

(which seems to be even bigger pressure, btw)

Scott D
6/10/2008, 11:05 PM
because Michael Jordan's shoes didn't sell as well that year, so he had to cut the budget somehow ;)

PDXsooner
6/10/2008, 11:11 PM
certainly oregon fans aren't claiming a win in '06? that was an OU win, period. never in 36 years have i seen a bigger fraud of a game.

badger
6/11/2008, 10:26 AM
Again, that doesn't say that he specifically stopped funding Track & Field. He didn't, he just stopped donating to the Duck Athletic Fund. It may be a hair-splitting difference, but it's significant. He stopped funding water polo, lacrosse and every other sport, not just T&F.

If you won't take ESPN's word for it, how about a local media source, like say, The Oregonian (http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1209711308201850.xml&coll=7&thispage=7)?

That same year, Knight and other members of the Lame Ducks, a track-and-field booster club, stopped donating to Oregon's track program to protest coach Martin Smith's de-emphasis of distance running and prickly personality.

One week after the Oregon men's team finished a best-ever sixth place at the NCAA indoor national championships, Smith resigned with a $500,000 severance.

Days later, Knight told The Oregonian: "Bill Moos had 10 chances to make the right decision regarding the University of Oregon track and field program and missed every one of them. It's hard to be that perfect."

I am not pulling this stuff out of thin air, Quacky. This is not athletic department general donations. Knight's donations go to target areas, like Autzen Stadium remodeling, like an athletic academic center... like the track and field program he loves so much. Not only did Knight pull his own track funding, he got others to do it, also. You can't tell me that the athletic department could just make up the difference for a non-revenue sport that they are used to having funded by happy boosters, even if they're "self sufficient." They had to hold off Autzen Stadium remodeling when Knight yanked his $30 million pledge. This isn't self sufficiency - this is dependence on a source of income that is undependable and erratic in behavior. His hesitations to give to projects has caused things to be held off. His decisions to give or not give in a timely manner are a large factor in the decision making process at University of Oregon and it has been proven time and time again that Knight's opinion will lead to changes that other's opinions wouldn't.

The difference between Knight's donations to Oregon and Knight's donations to Stanford is that his donations to Stanford have never influenced future projects and/or planning. Knight's not part of any decision making process at Stanford, probably because he doesn't live in Silicone Valley, whereas he is the richest man in Oregon, so of course he will influence decisions in his backyard.

Now, would you like me to find other sources for this argument, or can we just agree to disagree and move on? :)

Quack 10
6/11/2008, 02:03 PM
Yes badger, we can agree to disagree.

Regarding any and all facilities, the athletic department does not budget for or pay for them, so to suggest that it isn't self-suffiecient because it couldn't pay for the stadium expansion by itself is kind of silly; the two aren't related. That's the same problem with the "Phil cut track funding" statement. As I (and ESPN) pointed out, the operating budgets for all sports come from the athletic fund, and none of the sources you quote state exactly what sort of track & field funding was cut; that's just a red herring. There also seem to be some confusion over whether this "funding cut" happened in '04 or '05, as once again, your sources don't back up their statements.

One of the great complaints among Oregon politicians is that no publically funded institution should be subjected to the kind of influence Knight wields at Oregon, and yet the state provides only 13 percent of the school's operating budget, and none of those dollars go to the athletic department.

I never argued Knight's influence at the university, and if you care to draw parallels to Pickens and Okie State that's your business. In the end, it all adds up to little more than envious resentment anyway.

badger
6/11/2008, 02:34 PM
Yes badger, we can agree to disagree.

quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquack.

Sorry, were we going to move on? Oh wait, let me translate that into DUCK:

Quacky, quack quack quack quack?

NYC Poke
6/11/2008, 02:54 PM
We're also pretty good at golf . . .

Scott D
6/11/2008, 02:54 PM
I never argued Knight's influence at the university, and if you care to draw parallels to Pickens and Okie State that's your business. In the end, it all adds up to little more than envious resentment anyway.

I just wanted to poke at this tidbit.

Both situations just go to show that no matter how much money a singular booster throws at an athletic department it doesn't make a great deal of difference on the overall on field success.

poke4christ
6/11/2008, 03:25 PM

People on here know I'm no OU appologist and I try to call a spade a spade. I don't think that the Tech game complained about was a mistake, but the Oregeon game was one of the biggest screw jobs in the history of college football. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but if it wasn't it was definitly incompetent. The pac 10 is a joke among more than just OU fans, it's a joke among much of the nation. I'm tired of it standing in the way of progress and I hope we can finally have some advancement and improvement (in the Pac 10 and the NCAA) with the new commish.

badger
6/11/2008, 04:43 PM
Oh noes, two poke posts on the same thread. We're getting taking over :eek:

For the record, yes, you are ok at golf. Oregon is also ok at cross country, but as a runner in high school, I can assure you that nobody other than the teams themselves ever distinguished cross country from track.

I can't think of anyway to make fun of golf. Ummmm... oh wait! We have Anthony Kim! So there you have it, we rock at golf too! :)

As for the Orgeron game, I think we can all agree that there was a very questionable call in there, but despite that, we still had our chance to win it. The Tech game had a questionable call in it too, but even after the botched 4th down conversion call, we had a chance to hold them off from scoring. We didn't. You win a lot, you lose a few. All part of football here in Oklahoma.

Refs make mistakes, part of human life. Pac-10 refs make a lot of mistakes, part of sucking at life. :D

Quack 10
6/11/2008, 06:06 PM
I don't defend the outcome of the "demonic possession" as I like to call it (no, it's never caught on in Oregon either) nor Pac-10 officiating, but you have to admit that the conference that spawned the infamous "fifth down" probably doesn't have too much room to complain about other conferences' officials. (I know, I know, it was the Big 8 ... same diff.)

I don't understand why NCAA football doesn't just have NCAA officials. Why do they have to be employed by conferences?

NYC Poke
6/11/2008, 06:31 PM
I don't defend the outcome of the "demonic possession" as I like to call it (no, it's never caught on in Oregon either) nor Pac-10 officiating, but you have to admit that the conference that spawned the infamous "fifth down" probably doesn't have too much room to complain about other conferences' officials. (I know, I know, it was the Big 8 ... same diff.)

I don't understand why NCAA football doesn't just have NCAA officials. Why do they have to be employed by conferences?

I suspect the NCAA doesn't want to pay them. And poor officiating is just part of all college sports, and a great example of getting what you paid for. They're all part-timers and paid shockingly little.

soonerhubs
6/11/2008, 07:20 PM

Hey we hate our officials too. We hate all officials. ;)

tulsaoilerfan
6/11/2008, 10:42 PM
Hey we hate our officials too. We hate all officials. ;)

I think that every fan in any sport can all agree on one thing: The officials always suck :D

JLEW1818
6/11/2008, 11:23 PM
Or the Pac Ten could have a "Pac Ten championship game" and we would leave them alone. hehehe JMO

NYC Poke
6/12/2008, 12:10 AM
Or the Pac Ten could have a "Pac Ten championship game" and we would leave them alone. hehehe JMO

That might mean USC would have to face Stanford every year. The Rose Bowl is more important.

I actually like how the Big XII has pretty much owned the Rose Bowl whenever our teams play there. They're always told they don't belong, but they end up bringing home a trophy.

And I consider myself to be pretty impartial, insofar as I am a fan of a "non-rival" school. I consider OU fans to be good and knowledgeable football fans for the most part, at least when they're not discussing their "little brother."

OU got jobbed in that game with UO. Everybody knows it. Most of the OU fans I see acknowledge that crappy reffing contributed to their loss, but also acknowledge that they shouldn't have let it come to that. The usual time I see OU fans go ballistic about it is when UO fans try to talk smack about it.

Personally, I like a win to be a legitimate win. I couldn't talk scoreboard on a mistake. It's just wrong.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/12/2008, 12:33 AM
Well, before this gets all too lovey-dovey, let's dismiss your back-handed attempt to make amends and address the orginal intent and spirit of your responsorial in this thread:

Hmmm...

Allow me to retort:

You have no football tradition.

Frankly, you have no athletic tradition outside of cross-country.

You are not considered among your athletic conference's academic stalwarts.

You smoke a lot of pot.

A.

Lot.

You are granola-chomping Stanford-Berkely-Ucla wannabees.

An ugly Halloween-clad in-state opponent regularly steals your girlfriends and accepts the toke/beer that you offer them for visiting your fine Tier III institution.

You're so granola-centric in your quite immature and alternately dated tree-hugging insignificance that the 'shroom popping Buffs of our own dear Boulder, CO fellow-conference puff-puffs consider you a little too detached to deal with the fact that very few people on this planet know... or care....where your campus is.

And in case you weren't paying attention to your next year's prospects...: Dennis Dixon? Buh bye.

So... how many mentions on College Game Day are you going to get this year?

Better yet, before you attempt this as your little trump card, what do you think the over/under will be on mentions of the excellent academic record and graduation rate of University of Oklahoma athletes under Coach Stoops versus ANY mention of your school...as in... any.... mention!!?!?

Awww... no hard feelings...

Just remember...

You and your school matter...

not.

at.

all.

Now excuse us while we pursue academic and athletic excellence.

NYC Poke
6/12/2008, 12:38 AM
But we're still pretty good at golf, right? And equestrian is pretty cool if it's not too hot outside.

Colorado has won a lot of championships in skiing. How did they beat Switzerland?

soonerboy_odanorth
6/12/2008, 12:55 AM
But we're still pretty good at golf, right? And equestrian is pretty cool if it's not too hot outside.

Colorado has won a lot of championships in skiing. How did they beat Switzerland?

Please see drunkytown threads :D

JLEW1818
6/12/2008, 01:02 AM
Think how easy it could be. I know that this is obvious, imagine if we had the big game with Texas every year. We win that and have no Conference championship, just an auto bid to fiesta bowl. Ya thats gay. We actually have balls in the Big 12. Cool USC you can win your conference games every year. But play the second best team twice a year and then see who's talking. Stanford all I have to say.... I know its in the past but I still get a hernia when I think about that... I laugh so hard. Ya'll should have an automatic non BCS bid after that. Seriously think about it. Thats us losing to Baylor... gosh will the season hurry please.

NYC Poke
6/12/2008, 01:44 AM
Please see drunkytown threads :D

The off-season is very long. I'm sure you feel my pain.

Quack 10
6/13/2008, 03:17 PM
"Allow me to retort:

You have no football tradition."

We have a tradition alright; one of mediocrity.

Frankly, you have no athletic tradition outside of cross-country.

Actually, Oregon has more T&F national championships than Cross Country titles, and total of 10 to Oklahoma's 17 (not counting football, which isn't recognized by the NCAA as having an official championship).

You are not considered among your athletic conference's academic stalwarts.

Nor is UO considered a correspondence school. Academics are a lame argument in a sports discussion, and truth be told, had Oregon Health Sciences University not been split away from UO back in the 80s, the university would be among the "stalwarts."

You smoke a lot of pot.

A.

Lot.

You write that as though it's a bad thing? You can only wish you had access to the chronic we grow.

You are granola-chomping Stanford-Berkely-Ucla wannabees.

Sorry dude, the "Dead" lived in Eugene half the year for decades. Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters were regular dwellers there as well. Eugene is authentic, and some of its population remains locked in a 70s time warp.

An ugly Halloween-clad in-state opponent regularly steals your girlfriends and accepts the toke/beer that you offer them for visiting your fine Tier III institution.

Sounds a lot like your rival doesn't it? Ahh, the old US News and World Report smack. It's Tier II in case you haven't been keeping up, and that rating system is a useless beauty contest anyway.

You're so granola-centric in your quite immature and alternately dated tree-hugging insignificance that the 'shroom popping Buffs of our own dear Boulder, CO fellow-conference puff-puffs consider you a little too detached to deal with the fact that very few people on this planet know... or care....where your campus is.

It seems the US Track & Field Olympic trials found Oregon's campus on more than one occasion, including 2008, and has any movie as widely seen and acclaimed as "Animal House" made your school's campus an icon of popular American culture? I'm sure Buffs fans are thrilled that you hold their opinions in such high regard, though.

And in case you weren't paying attention to your next year's prospects...: Dennis Dixon? Buh bye.

It funny that people forget Dixon was very pedestrian until Oregon hired Chip Kelly. 2008 will be a struggle, but the future looks very bright.

So... how many mentions on College Game Day are you going to get this year?

Is that something to which the Sooners aspire? I had no idea it was so important. Not so fast my friend.

Better yet, before you attempt this as your little trump card, what do you think the over/under will be on mentions of the excellent academic record and graduation rate of University of Oklahoma athletes under Coach Stoops versus ANY mention of your school...as in... any.... mention!!?!?

Ahh, back to the academic smack. Your basketball team more than makes up for Bobby's progress with the football team.

Awww... no hard feelings...

Just remember...

You and your school matter...

not.

at.

all.

Now excuse us while we pursue academic and athletic excellence.

None taken. After all, mattering to you is not a high priority for us.

cheezyq
6/17/2008, 11:01 PM
None taken. After all, mattering to you is not a high priority for us.

Wait, wait, wait....I'm not buying this. If that were truly the case, why would you be here anyway? Why do you defend your school and the horrendous officiating of the Pac-10 crew to us?

Seriously, if you're going to be a troll, own it. Don't try this pathetic attempt to back out of what you originally came here for...to defend your sorry excuse for a conference and its one-sided homeristic officials.

It's ok to be jealous. We don't mind. We're used to it (see: orangepower.com). But at least try to act like a man (with apologies to badger) when you troll around an opponent's turf. Or better yet, just stay away. Honestly, it's better for what's left of your pride, and it saves us the trouble of putting up with this lame attempt to get the better of your superiors.

PDXsooner
6/17/2008, 11:06 PM
i'll give the duck fan credit in his recent post above. academic smack is a waste of time. plus, oregon is a great place to live, just not a university with a great football program.