PDA

View Full Version : OHP Cadet Lawman

ousoonerfan
6/9/2008, 02:27 PM
So, Saturday I go with my sister to pickup her son and attend his graduation from the OHP Cadet Lawman summer camp. It is available for high school students between their junior and senior years. Let me just say that it was a week well spent. My nephew has always been a good kid, but the change that has taken place in him from one week of summer camp is extraordinary. From their website:

What is Cadet Lawman

Cadet Lawman Academy gives selected high school seniors-to-be a first hand taste of what it takes to be a Trooper with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol . The young men and women experience training in precision driving, traffic and boating law enforcement, firearm instruction, self-defense, and law enforcement history.

Activities include a tour of Oklahoma State Reformatory in Granite, OK. This is a state prison that opened in 1910 which holds medium level security prisoners. The Cadets also participate in many other tour and practical exercises.

The week-long program is held annually the first full week of June in Burns Flat, Oklahoma. The week is spent with Troopers, Police Officers, Dispatchers, and other law enforcement and medical personnel.

Many who attended the Cadet Lawman Academy in their teens are found in today's ranks of troopers.

http://www.cadetlawman.com/

Really cool!

soonerbrat
6/9/2008, 03:02 PM
i should send my daughter there..i think she'd like it. there are a lot of cops in my family

ousoonerfan
6/9/2008, 03:05 PM
Another plus is that there is no cost to you. It is entirely funded by the Elks Lodge!

soonerboomer93
6/9/2008, 03:26 PM
a week without the kid for free?

**** YEAH!

(if i had kids)

Taxman71
6/9/2008, 04:27 PM
Most important question....do the kids have to get the mandatory buzzcut? Girls are exempt of course.

ousoonerfan
6/9/2008, 04:55 PM
Most important question....do the kids have to get the mandatory buzzcut? Girls are exempt of course.

No, but they do have to have clean cut haircuts, a la Cadet Mahoney!