PDA

View Full Version : New Rule

mdklatt
6/8/2008, 09:03 PM
Once a technology--Bluetooth headsets for examaple--has achieved 10% market penetration among Wal-Mart customers it is no longer "cool".

tommieharris91
6/8/2008, 09:04 PM
Bluetooth headsets were never cool.

Veritas
6/8/2008, 09:05 PM
Bluetooth headsets were never cool.
Yeah, they were more like dooshbag tags.

soonermix
6/8/2008, 09:39 PM
the i think it is clear that "Brushing your Teeth and Bathing" are still cool

Scott D
6/8/2008, 09:42 PM
pretty sure Wal-Mart doesn't endorse either of those still.

Big Red Ron
6/8/2008, 10:47 PM
With all due respect to you blue tooth "cool guys," please let inform you they are not and never were cool.

Frozen Sooner
6/8/2008, 10:52 PM
With all due respect to you blue tooth "cool guys," please let inform you they are not and never were cool.

QFT.

Unless that includes the fact that my car will link up with my phone throught BT so I can go handsfree. Audio through the stereo speakers, mic built into the dash. 'Cause I lerv that ****.

Big Red Ron
6/8/2008, 10:57 PM
QFT.

Unless that includes the fact that my car will link up with my phone throught BT so I can go handsfree. Audio through the stereo speakers, mic built into the dash. 'Cause I lerv that ****.
No, that's cool. Have it myself. It's the dude's that walk around with their star trek gear on everywhere they go that are so annoying. Crap, I use my cell like all day, never needed a the thing in my ear with the flashing blue light.

tommieharris91
6/8/2008, 11:01 PM
I think there is a consensus on bluetooth headsets...

texas bandman
6/8/2008, 11:12 PM
My new phone came with that stuff...it ain't came out of the box.

Frozen Sooner
6/8/2008, 11:28 PM
No, that's cool. Have it myself. It's the dude's that walk around with their star trek gear on everywhere they go that are so annoying. Crap, I use my cell like all day, never needed a the thing in my ear with the flashing blue light.

OK, we're on the same page then.

BT Speakerphone=Good
BT Earpiece=Not Good

Plus, with the speakerphone, you get the bonus of people in traffic thinking you're just sitting there talking to yourself.

Jerk
6/9/2008, 04:11 AM
I propose a second rule:

For the love of God and all that is Holy, don't buy a birthday cake with whipped cream icing as opposed to old fashion sugar butter. WTF are you thinking, man? What in sam hell is wrong with a person who has this type of mindset? They should get a lobotomy or at least seek psychiatric help.

Rogue
6/9/2008, 05:04 AM
Since I can't smoke anywhere anymore, I oughtta be able to sit in a no-screaming-kids area of the restaurant.

Turd_Ferguson
6/9/2008, 06:43 AM
I think I should have the right to beat the **** out of the parent that lets their kid scream, period.:D

BudSooner
6/9/2008, 06:47 AM
Courtesy flushes, not an option...people it's a RULE.

Pink_Floyd
6/9/2008, 07:54 AM
new rule

never listen or watch Bill Maher
his hbo show...it is what it is.

Big Red Ron
6/9/2008, 08:28 AM
OK, we're on the same page then.

BT Speakerphone=Good
BT Earpiece=Not Good

Plus, with the speakerphone, you get the bonus of people in traffic thinking you're just sitting there talking to yourself.
I was visiting a local water hole and had to drain the main, anyways...this guy next to me says, "where's the party?" I go, "uhm, well, pretty much here." still facing the wall, straight ahead. He goes, "No way man, that's bill****." I finally break man law and look over at the guy and he's ****ing while talking on his earpiece. He looked like a construction worker or something, nttiawwt but jeez people.

soonerhubs
6/9/2008, 08:38 AM
I call it Blue-tooth Schizophrenia and it is pervasive among rednecks who think they are automatically techno-swavvy the minute they leave the Mobile store freshly rooked into a 10 year contract by some 19 year old salesman.

crawfish
6/9/2008, 08:45 AM
For the record, people driving around with one hand gripping a cell phone to their ear is also "not cool".

SoonerJack
6/9/2008, 08:57 AM
Crawfish speaks truth.

I wear my headset in the car and take it off when I get out. Driving a stick while trying to steer and talk on the celly is impossible and leads to crashing.

The other rule propositions are worthy, but no one has mentioned the truly heinous crime of serving chicken-fried steak with brown gravy. Now there's a rule that needs to be made into a law.

OUDoc
6/9/2008, 09:00 AM
I was visiting a local water hole and had to drain the main, anyways...this guy next to me says, "where's the party?" I go, "uhm, well, pretty much here." still facing the wall, straight ahead. He goes, "No way man, that's bill****." I finally break man law and look over at the guy and he's ****ing while talking on his earpiece. He looked like a construction worker or something, nttiawwt but jeez people.

So you tried to tell him the party was in your pants, but he didn't listen?:)

SoonerAtKU
6/9/2008, 09:06 AM
Since I can't smoke anywhere anymore, I oughtta be able to sit in a no-screaming-kids area of the restaurant.

Or the movie theater, or the plane...

bluedogok
6/9/2008, 11:22 AM
Or the movie theater, or the plane...
The theater we go to has age rules, no one under 6 except for their specific "Baby Day" showings (info here (http://www.drafthouse.com/main/about.php)) which are the first showings on Tuesdays. No one under 18 unless accompanied by parent or guardian. They do have some "All Ages" shows but those really aren't that common. They also serve alcohol there so that may affect some of their age policies.

SoonerAtKU
6/9/2008, 12:07 PM
Well seriously, the Alamo Drafthouse is arguably the best theater in the country. That's not even fair to compare to a local mega-plex. When you can schedule movie quote-a-longs and have Lazlo (and Uncle Rico) show up to play, you pretty much win at movie fun.

soonermix
6/9/2008, 12:32 PM
Well seriously, the Alamo Drafthouse is arguably the best theater in the country. That's not even fair to compare to a local mega-plex. When you can schedule movie quote-a-longs and have Lazlo (and Uncle Rico) show up to play, you pretty much win at movie fun.

except for those pesky bathroom break!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bone
6/9/2008, 12:46 PM
Yeah, they were more like dooshbag tags.

Agree here.

sooneron
6/9/2008, 12:59 PM
I use mine in the car ONLY. I never walk around with it on. I don't need both arms to walk.

bluedogok
6/9/2008, 01:21 PM
Well...we don't even go to the mega-plex theaters anymore with the South Lamar Alamo being closer than any of them.

Animal Mother
6/9/2008, 05:37 PM
I use mine in the car ONLY. I never walk around with it on. I don't need both arms to walk.

But you need someone on an innerweb message board to tell you if you're cool? CONFLICT CONFLICT CONFLICT!!!!