PDA

View Full Version : My first time playing a PS2 game online

BudSooner
6/8/2008, 04:49 PM
I've never done it before, and wanted to see what it was like...I grabbed an old favorite...Ghost Recon.

I logged in, found a game to join....and promptly got my *** shot in the head within 5 seconds of joining.

Afterwards, I disconnected the cat 5 cable and pondered my role in the online gaming crowd. I suck. :D

SoonerJack
6/8/2008, 04:57 PM
lol online gaming is not for the faint [feint?] of heart.

Frozen Sooner
6/8/2008, 05:48 PM
Yup. I figured out really quickly that online FPS are for people without jobs-otherwise, you're just signing up for brutal death.

BudSooner
6/8/2008, 05:52 PM
True, one key to a brutal death is a slow connection...thankfully I don't have that problem. just a slow finger to punch the "OW I GOT SHOT IN THE EYE>>>DAMN YOU!!!!" button. :D

Frozen Sooner
6/8/2008, 05:55 PM
I will say that it was very satisfying to play one of my friends' 12-year-old in an online Halo 2 match, go down two to zero, then end up winning 10-2 after he started talking ****.

OU-HSV
6/8/2008, 06:37 PM
I always thought it'd be cool to set mine up to play online against people I know. Not so much against the people w/out jobs who would kick my azz

soonerboomer93
6/9/2008, 02:31 AM
you can do like I do when playing unreal tournie

I had a friend (no job, high al lthe time, ****ing crazy good from playing so much) who would just kick out tails, my goal, kill him anyway possible, even if it mean sacrificing myself. that was fun for a while, then i'd just set out to do crazy ****.

if you worry about the deaths, you'll never have any fun, even if you're getting your *** kicked, find some stupid goal you can have fun with

SoonerProphet
6/9/2008, 07:49 AM
COD 4 has taken up way to much of my time the last six months.

OUDoc
6/9/2008, 08:14 AM

I've managed to go about 3 weeks without playing it. I think I need to get back to it soon. :)

OKLA21FAN
6/9/2008, 09:09 AM
I've never done it before, and wanted to see what it was like...I grabbed an old favorite...Ghost Recon.

I logged in, found a game to join....and promptly got my *** shot in the head within 5 seconds of joining.

Afterwards, I disconnected the cat 5 cable and pondered my role in the online gaming crowd. I suck. :D

and somewhere in the vastness of the innerweb, an online gamer yells

BOOM!!!!!!!! HEADSHOT!!!!!!! :pop:

stoops the eternal pimp
6/9/2008, 09:12 AM
I wish Nintendo would re-release the original NES with online gaming potential...I would own the world in Excite Bike...

achiro
6/9/2008, 09:54 AM
I have a job, and a family and can still hold my own to some extent. It's easy to make excuses when you suck at something, it's never that you just suck. :D
Seriously, COD4 on 360, my gamertag is achiro, send me a friend request. :texan:

bluedogok
6/9/2008, 10:39 AM
I have had it since CompUSA closed, bought it half off there....I still haven't unwrapped it or played Maddden 08 that I got for Christmas yet. I played GH some but not since before Christmas, mostly used the PS3 as a Blu-ray player. I have never done the online gaming thing, I never played my X-Box enough (or now my PS3) to worry about it.

badger
6/9/2008, 10:48 AM
I've played online before - a lot of TK'ing and then backstabbing and then you get voted out of the game :mad:

:D But it was fun while it lasted. The game I'm referring to is SOCOM. A trick to ensure that you stay as an Ensign ranked player is to put a claymore on the ground after your round, then lay on it and launch :)

For the online gaming aspect, I've wanted to get an Xbox 360, but it worries me to see all the system failures. Whenever there's another system around our house, it will probably be a P.S. Triple.

I can only imagine what our electric bill will be like when that time comes. I hear a PS3 used 12 times the electricity of a refridgerator and... well, let's face it, a PS3 is not a PS3 without a plasma screen high def television, the new television is also going to burn a lot of energy.

:rolleyes: Oh, for the days of Pong :rolleyes:

Partial Qualifier
6/9/2008, 10:55 AM
What is this "online gaming with a console system" you speak of? You can play online games vs. the world on your p.c. starting about umm idunno 14 years ago or something ;)

bluedogok
6/9/2008, 11:02 AM
I tried PC gaming back then and learned to hate it as it always screwed everything up. I have consoles for what little gaming that I do and PC's for everything else which are optimized for work...but then my nephew probably has more time on my X-Box than I do.

soonerboomer93
6/9/2008, 11:11 AM
I have a job, and a family and can still hold my own to some extent. It's easy to make excuses when you suck at something, it's never that you just suck. :D
Seriously, COD4 on 360, my gamertag is achiro, send me a friend request. :texan:

he's not only a fake doctor

he's a fake gamer

:D

badger
6/9/2008, 11:23 AM
What is this "online gaming with a console system" you speak of? You can play online games vs. the world on your p.c. starting about umm idunno 14 years ago or something ;)

Yes, we all know about the world of warcraft fun that you can experience on PC and PC only. My personal current favorite online PC game is Team Fortress 2. It's wonderful :D

However, we all know that your PC is out right now due to storms. Therefore, you are getting in an overnight's worth of posting from work. :D

:gary:

OUDoc
6/9/2008, 11:30 AM

Only serious geeks play online with PC's. Us part-time geeks use gaming platforms.

Seriously, I don't like playing games on PC quite as much. Too much upgrading your system just to keep up.

soonerboomer93
6/9/2008, 11:39 AM
actually, it takes few upgrades for a PC to be superior to a game machine.

money should go into the vid card, processor, and RAM

there are some advantages in some sound card, adding a physix card is just for well, fun

it basically depends on how far someone wants to go

(oh, and the z-boards and high end mice really aren't that bad in price, especially compared to a controller for a game system)

achiro
6/9/2008, 11:52 AM
blah blah blah money blah blah blah

blah blah, I'm a geek, blah blah

blah blah blah, geek I am, blah blah

Um, ok, whatever you say there bucko :D

Partial Qualifier
6/9/2008, 11:55 AM
I'm not a Warcraft type but I see y'alls points. We've rehashed the PC-vs.-console argument too many times. TF2 indeed is very cool. I hate Id for leasing Quake 4 development to FPS noobs; Quake 3 however still runs like a champ on an older system!

I heard Id is exploring the use of web/flash as the platform for their next release, which will make me hate them even more. The end.