PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 2009 Recruiting Rankings

soonerloyal
6/6/2008, 05:55 PM
Texas is number 1, OU is number 7

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3426017

7. Oklahoma
12 verbal commitments
Justin Chaisson is one of the top prospects from Nevada in the '09 class.
The Sooners are doing an excellent job filling needs in the secondary with CB Steve Williams (Dallas/Skyline) and two safeties. They also have a potent group of front seven stalwarts led by DE Justin Chaisson (Las Vegas/Bishop Gorman). It is obvious Oklahoma is recruiting defense, and underrated tackling machine Tom Wort (New Braunfels, Texas) fits the Oklahoma linebacker mold.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/7/2008, 12:58 AM
So early, with only 12 recruits, it's gotta be hard to rank the '09 class so soon.?

RedstickSooner
6/7/2008, 05:31 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that ranking the 2009 recruiting class may, and I emphasize *may*, be slightly premature at the current time.

But, still, at least it's football -- I've gotten so desperate I've even visited the South Oval lately.

:shudder:

Please, O' Capricious Gods of Football, bring on yonder season!

sooner518
6/7/2008, 03:49 PM
man if that #1 UT class starts lifting weights again, we are in trouble

Charla
6/8/2008, 01:30 PM
I reckon at least half them future Horns get a felony between now and then.

Flagstaffsooner
6/8/2008, 01:49 PM
I reckon at least half them future Horns get a felony between now and then.They dont turn into into felons untill they get to austin.

goingoneight
6/8/2008, 01:58 PM
With players like Sam Bradford, Demarco Murray, Jermaine Gresham, Dominique Franks and the like, it's easy to see that even in the wake of a Texass MNC (thanks mostly to VY), OU still out-recruits UT and appears to develop their talent better.

adoniijahsooner
6/14/2008, 07:10 AM
With players like Sam Bradford, Demarco Murray, Jermaine Gresham, Dominique Franks and the like, it's easy to see that even in the wake of a Texass MNC (thanks mostly to VY), OU still out-recruits UT and appears to develop their talent better.

True. I believe all of macks starting QBs and Rbs are highly touted, and I would say that our skill positions have been more productive.

piusbovis
6/14/2008, 12:25 PM
LSU's QB commit looks like Dave Chappelle.