PDA

View Full Version : OU and TU to continue series

AllAboutThe'O'
6/6/2008, 03:21 PM
Got this e-mail just a few minutes ago from TU's sports information department:

TU, OU Agree to Continue Football Series
A new three-year agreement has been reached between the two schools
Tulsa, Oklahoma –– The University of Tulsa and the University of Oklahoma have agreed to a new three-year contract for football, it was jointly announced today by Tulsa Athletics Director Bubba Cunningham and OU Athletics Director Joe Castiglione.

The new three-year series will begin in 2013 and continue in subsequent years. The Golden Hurricane will visit Norman on Sept. 14, 2013 and Sept. 26, 2015, while the Sooners will visit H.A. Chapman Stadium on Sept. 20, 2014.

“Obviously, this is a series that is good for both universities. It’s a game that benefits both school’s and provides fans another opportunity to see their teams play a non-conference game without leaving the state of Oklahoma,” said Cunningham.

There are two more years remaining on the current TU-OU contract, as the Hurricane returns its home game from the 2007 campaign to Norman in 2009 and 2011.

badger
6/6/2008, 03:37 PM
I actually wish that we played them all in Tulsa - it gave us good road practice without actually being too far down the road :D

Of course, you Texas transplants and OKC peoples probably wouldn't like that :rolleyes:

DeadSolidPerfect
6/6/2008, 04:25 PM
This is great for Tulsa and good for OU. I'm for it>

boomersooner82
6/6/2008, 04:38 PM
Isn't Tulsa losing a ton of seats with the renovations they're doing? Unless they've got an expansion planned before then that's going to be a tough ticket.

snp
6/6/2008, 05:01 PM
Awesome. I always feel like we could recruit Tulsa better. Playing right down the road from recruits' parents can't hurt.

RedstickSooner
6/7/2008, 05:49 AM
My initial reaction is -- hey, we're way too Big Time to ever grant a home game to a ****ant like Tulsa... But, actually, I think it's kinda nice that we do. With their being an in-state team, it seems sorta civilized to visit their stadium some (even if it's a two-for-one ratio). Plus, like others mentioned, it's good for recruiting.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/7/2008, 12:39 PM
What about UA Little Rock, or West Texas State, or Wichita State? Those are within driving distance, too. Saves gas, you know

Fraggle145
6/7/2008, 10:00 PM
So long as we dont play em on fridays I'm cool with it.

OklahomaTuba
6/7/2008, 10:34 PM
TU & OU should be playing every year IMO.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/8/2008, 01:21 AM
What about UA Little Rock, or West Texas State, or Wichita State? Those are within driving distance, too. Saves gas, you know

Maybe we will, once UALR and Wichita State reinstate its respective football programs.

tulsaoilerfan
6/8/2008, 01:35 AM
I think TU is over qualified to rate as a **** ant school; OSU, however, i could see that. :)